Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 191828 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Naby Keita - RB Leipzig
      May 26, 2017 03:23:10 pm
      Not sure if there a thread already but..

Solid source

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/868109192623771648
      « Last Edit: Jul 27, 2017 04:28:31 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #1: May 26, 2017 03:27:03 pm

As long as we get a first team striker, left wing, left back and CB, I wouldn't care if we paid 50m for Keita or 1m for Cattermole.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2: May 26, 2017 03:27:11 pm

I thought talkaloadofbull.com was on The List.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3: May 26, 2017 03:57:22 pm
      Mesllia Reddy of talkaloadofbull.com is not a solid a source. Every year people post t****r bollocks and people regurgitate it here.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #4: May 26, 2017 04:30:47 pm

She gets info from the club. For what reasons is maybe a question, but she does.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #5: May 26, 2017 04:32:27 pm

Maybe Race, just seen her name so assumed it was okay.

If sh*te, move it for us mate please.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #6: May 26, 2017 05:02:18 pm
      I thought Melissa Reddy was a decent source to be honest, especially since Klopp's arrived.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #7: May 26, 2017 05:14:56 pm
      Mesllia Reddy of talkaloadofbull.com is not a solid a source. Every year people post t****r bollocks and people regurgitate it here.

She's absolutely a solid source, very close to the club and many times exclusive interviews with Jürgen.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #8: May 26, 2017 07:18:07 pm
      She's absolutely a solid source, very close to the club and many times exclusive interviews with Jürgen.

Yup...her and Joyce get the inside scoop...if you have ever heard her on the podcasts she does not put out info that hasn't been verified multiple times; that being said even she says that just because there is a genuine interest in getting a deal done does not mean they are all going to happen.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9: May 26, 2017 07:25:40 pm

Bit embarrassing for you, she is a solid source.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #10: May 26, 2017 07:35:45 pm
      Reddy is not the only journo stating Keita is a target.

Joyce and Pearce saying the same that Klopp wants him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #11: May 26, 2017 11:10:14 pm
      Even though I hope we get all of Klopps first choices the signing of Keita should be a priority and if we need to spend £50M so be it, it's a lot more understandable to me than £50M on VVD.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #12: May 26, 2017 11:17:55 pm
      Even though I hope we get all of Klopps first choices the signing of Keita should be a priority and if we need to spend £50M so be it, it's a lot more understandable to me than £50M on VVD.

Agreed. It's not that we don't have some good midfielders. Can improved a great deal in the final two months of the season. Gini is good. Hendo is good when fit. Lallana is very valuable. But we are trying to WIN TROPHIES and this guy has the quality that can hep us. Nobody is going to play every match. You want competition for places and high-level cover when guys are out (inevitable). Watch this guy for a bit and you'll see. He is worth it.

I am hopeful to get a center back of similar quality, whether its VVD or someone else, but for me, midfield is the #1 priority.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #13: May 26, 2017 11:25:36 pm
      Agreed. It's not that we don't have some good midfielders. Can improved a great deal in the final two months of the season. Gini is good. Hendo is good when fit. Lallana is very valuable. But we are trying to WIN TROPHIES and this guy has the quality that can hep us. Nobody is going to play every match. You want competition for places and high-level cover when guys are out (inevitable). Watch this guy for a bit and you'll see. He is worth it.

I am hopeful to get a center back of similar quality, whether its VVD or someone else, but for me, midfield is the #1 priority.

Couthinho is now going to be playing in the midfield so that gives us.

Coutinho
      Lallana
      Can
      Gini
      Henderson
      Lucas
      Grujic

I would say attacking players up top are a whole lot bigger priority than midfield, although I would love to see Keita here we best be getting a Mane type along with another Firmino type to go along.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #14: May 26, 2017 11:35:40 pm

Coutinho
      Lallana
      Can
      Gini
      Henderson
      Lucas
      Grujic

I would say attacking players up top are a whole lot bigger priority than midfield, although I would love to see Keita here we best be getting a Mane type along with another Firmino type to go along.

Lucas is not a viable first choice, Henderson can not be relied upon and Grujic is still a project.

You just need to watch Keita to see what he offers as a box to box midfielder.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #15: May 26, 2017 11:36:55 pm

Coutinho
      Lallana
      Can
      Gini
      Henderson
      Lucas
      Grujic

Lucas is dead on to leave in the Summer and Keita will be a massive upgrade.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16: May 26, 2017 11:47:04 pm
      Lucas is dead on to leave in the Summer and Keita will be a massive upgrade.

Well I have no issue with a Keita/Coutinho/Lallana midfield whatsoever; I was merely pointing out that the midfield may not be the #1 priority...we best take care of securing some bodies along the front 3.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17: May 26, 2017 11:56:56 pm
      Can, Gini, Hendo and Lucas have been slated in parts throughout this season/their time with us and our apparent need to strengthen that area, then when we are linked to a top class player (apparently, I know nothing about him), there are other priorities that should come first. Couldn't make it up.

Maybe, just maybe, we will be addressing more than 1 area of the pitch and other deals just happen to be moving forward a bit quicker/easier than others?
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #18: May 27, 2017 12:06:08 am
      Can, Gini, Hendo and Lucas have been slated in parts throughout this season/their time with us and our apparent need to strengthen that area, then when we are linked to a top class player (apparently, I know nothing about him), there are other priorities that should come first. Couldn't make it up.

Maybe, just maybe, we will be addressing more than 1 area of the pitch and other deals just happen to be moving forward a bit quicker/easier than others?

The 1 player whose absence was felt most was Mane.  You are correct that some upgrades could be made in midfield, but we need genuine competition on the wings.  Another winger with the productivity of Mane and we will genuinely challenge for trophies in every competition we are in. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #19: May 27, 2017 12:12:01 am
      The 1 player whose absence was felt most was Mane.  You are correct that some upgrades could be made in midfield, but we need genuine competition on the wings.  Another winger with the productivity of Mane and we will genuinely challenge for trophies in every competition we are in. 

I agree completely mate, it's painstakingly obvious we need another wide player like Mane. But, perhaps it's still a case of identifying the right player, or negotiations being far from complete kind of thing.

Just find it a bit typical really that we've been crying out for a player like VVD but apparently shouldn't waste our time because he's not "gettable", just because other big teams are interested (which is to be expected with the higher caliber players). Then been a need for a real rock in midfield and then when we are apparently set on one, we have bigger priorities and enough options as it is for that position.
      No doubt that if we spend as much as what is being talked about, people will find a way to complain about that too.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #20: May 27, 2017 12:37:24 am
      I agree completely mate, it's painstakingly obvious we need another wide player like Mane. But, perhaps it's still a case of identifying the right player, or negotiations being far from complete kind of thing.

Just find it a bit typical really that we've been crying out for a player like VVD but apparently shouldn't waste our time because he's not "gettable", just because other big teams are interested (which is to be expected with the higher caliber players). Then been a need for a real rock in midfield and then when we are apparently set on one, we have bigger priorities and enough options as it is for that position.
      No doubt that if we spend as much as what is being talked about, people will find a way to complain about that too.

I am just worried going for Keita will end up with us going for a lesser player in one of the higher priority positions :(
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #21: May 27, 2017 01:17:32 am
      I am just worried going for Keita will end up with us going for a lesser player in one of the higher priority positions :(

We will just have to wait and see mate. None of us really know what's going on, we just have to hope that whatever money is spent is spent in the best way possible. A lot of the talk is what we want to be hearing so far, that we will be going for the likes of VVD and Keita but it's just that isn't it, talk. Different thing entirely whether we actually are or will be going for them.

Personally, I'm not fussed in the slightest about how much we spend, whether it's a little or a lot, so long as the players signed give us the best possible chance of success. I also tend to not pay much attention to any rumours about potential signings because majority of the time it never happens.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #22: May 27, 2017 08:18:12 am
      Reddy is not the only journo stating Keita is a target.

Joyce and Pearce saying the same that Klopp wants him.

Those two, as well as Reddy, get leaks from the club that the club wants them to put out. The fact that this has been leaked to them should set alarm bells ringing.

Another cracking: "Well we wanted to get such and such for £50 million" type story  come September.
      « Last Edit: May 27, 2017 08:22:26 am by what-a-hit-son »

Quick Reply