Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 191800 times
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #23: May 27, 2017 09:53:10 am
      I don't think there is anything new here really. Quite a few jounalists are saying Naby Keita *would be* a target for Liverpool not that he *is* or we have put in a bid.

I will take this with a pinch of salt.
      « Last Edit: May 27, 2017 10:05:48 am by RobieSlick »
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #24: May 27, 2017 10:14:21 am
      I would try to get Willian (and players like that) if he is willing to play for us. Great player spending time sitting on a bench. There are lots of players like him who are happy to sit on a bench and play 10/20 minutes here and there. Look at Begovic (a very good goal keeper), who was playing regularly and now has on few games a season with the Chavs but happy to sit on the bench collecting his money. Sad really.

It's a pity that lot of these good players are happy to collect the pay check and sit on the bench, mostly at the Chavs, Arsenal, Scum. All they are interested in is money but if you think about how much of difference is there from say getting £150,000 to £200,000? I am sure the player doesn't actually look at his bank balance and think wow, I have got £5m more by being at Chavs rather than LFC. At LFC he would be playing 90 minutes and while at Chavs, Scum, Shitty, Arse he is playing 10/20 minutes.

Anyway, that is my two cents worth.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #25: May 27, 2017 10:31:28 am

Personally, I'm not fussed in the slightest about how much we spend, whether it's a little or a lot, so long as the players signed give us the best possible chance of success.

Haven't I been saying this for years  ;) Nice to read your in the same bracket   :D As fans do we really give a F**k how much we spend be it 10 million or 90 million? We just hope they turn out well.  :)

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #26: May 27, 2017 10:39:03 am

Haven't I been saying this for years  ;) Nice to read your in the same bracket   :D As fans do we really give a f**k how much we spend be it 10 million or 90 million? We just hope they turn out well.  :)

Rubbish. I soon as Mourningho signs a 16 years for £10 - you guys would go in a melt.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #27: May 27, 2017 11:08:24 am
      Those two, as well as Reddy, get leaks from the club that the club wants them to put out. The fact that this has been leaked to them should set alarm bells ringing.

Another cracking: "Well we wanted to get such and such for £50 million" type story  come September.

Good point, surprised you were the only one who brought this up. It's our MO these days isn't it.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #28: May 27, 2017 11:19:27 am
      I honestly, do not know him. Is he better than ours ???
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #29: May 27, 2017 11:36:23 am

No idea.

I've only just about got to know what he looks like never mind how good a footballer he is.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #30: May 27, 2017 11:43:09 am
      Think he is the real deal. Just the calibre of player we should be after. Very exciting if true.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #31: May 27, 2017 11:50:07 am

He is Kante Mk II. He can play DM , CM or AMC, but I think he is best deployed as a box-boxer.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #32: May 27, 2017 12:04:54 pm
      He is Kante Mk II. He can play DM , CM or AMC, but I think he is best deployed as a box-boxer.

Thanks mate. If he's half of Kante, we would be ok :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #33: May 27, 2017 12:10:27 pm
      Thanks mate. If he's half of Kante, we would be ok :)

Agree.

A 'Kante' is exactly what we should be buying in CM.

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #34: May 27, 2017 05:17:56 pm
      This is the one signing I want to happen this summer.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #35: May 28, 2017 07:12:44 pm
      Know F**k all about him.

Who would he replace in our team and what type of player is he in terms of anyone you can think off?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36: May 28, 2017 08:04:10 pm
      Know f**k all about him.

Who would he replace in our team and what type of player is he in terms of anyone you can think off?

He could play anywhere in the mid-field and is considered box-box....general consensus is he would push Lallana, common sense says he would be playing anywhere the manager could get him on the pitch.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #37: May 28, 2017 08:44:29 pm
      I've heard he's basically Kante plus goals..... if that's the case yes please!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38: May 28, 2017 08:44:50 pm
      Know f**k all about him.

He's Kante but with more of an attacking impetus.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #39: May 28, 2017 09:06:19 pm
      He could play anywhere in the mid-field and is considered box-box....general consensus is he would push Lallana, common sense says he would be playing anywhere the manager could get him on the pitch.
      What general consensus? The way we are playing right now, Lallana isn't leaving the field for Keita.....Gini, Can or Lucas yes indeed.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #40: May 28, 2017 09:15:24 pm
      What general consensus? The way we are playing right now, Lallana isn't leaving the field for Keita.....Gini, Can or Lucas yes indeed.

Speaking of Lallana FL and admittedly slightly off topic, where do you see his role if Cou does drop into midfield?

He's clearly not going to take Mane's spot and I think 1 of Can/Keita etc would not be enough cover behind these two except perhaps against real bus parkers?

Sure he'll definitely come in should either Cou or Mane be out, could he potentially move wide left? I wouldn't have thought so.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #41: May 28, 2017 10:14:09 pm
      Speaking of Lallana FL and admittedly slightly off topic, where do you see his role if Cou does drop into midfield?

He's clearly not going to take Mane's spot and I think 1 of Can/Keita etc would not be enough cover behind these two except perhaps against real bus parkers?

Sure he'll definitely come in should either Cou or Mane be out, could he potentially move wide left? I wouldn't have thought so.

That's what  I've been thinking. Some of his better games, you'll notice he'll drift all over the field so I don't think it's a stretch to see him be able to play either side. Here's another thought...if Jürgen goes forward with a diamond midfield and two strikers,  could we see Mane play more forward as the second of two strikers? Dunno if it makes sense, honestly asking.

Either way, I think we've seen that Kloppo is in love with Adam and what he brings to the side, not just  attacking sense but also defensively so I don't see him being dropped for anyone at this point. Arguably the best player in England currently so he's got the cred to keep his spot unless he goes off the boil.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #42: May 28, 2017 10:32:02 pm
      Keita will be "fighting" for the 8 or 6 position, but not 10, especially when we have Lallana , Coutinho and Firmino.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #43: May 28, 2017 11:23:37 pm
      Keita will be "fighting" for the 8 or 6 position, but not 10, especially when we have Lallana , Coutinho and Firmino.

That's what I mean mate, basically Cou taking Lallana's spot rather than Keita.
      That's what  I've been thinking. Some of his better games, you'll notice he'll drift all over the field so I don't think it's a stretch to see him be able to play either side. Here's another thought...if Jürgen goes forward with a diamond midfield and two strikers,  could we see Mane play more forward as the second of two strikers? Dunno if it makes sense, honestly asking.

Either way, I think we've seen that Kloppo is in love with Adam and what he brings to the side, not just  attacking sense but also defensively so I don't see him being dropped for anyone at this point. Arguably the best player in England currently so he's got the cred to keep his spot unless he goes off the boil.

A diamond is interesting mate, never really thought of that to be honest.

Firmino   Mane
                  Coutinho
              Keita       Lallana
                      Can
       New LB New CB Matip Clyne
                      Migs

Certainly works for getting the best players we currently have into the team. With all the talk of Coutinho going into the 8 role I honestly hadn't considered him moving up to the 10, but it's possible, or just switching with Lallana and him playing the 10. Food for thought.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #44: May 28, 2017 11:31:03 pm

Firmino   Mane
                  Coutinho
              Keita       Lallana
                      Can
       New LB New CB Matip Clyne
                      Migs

I like it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #45: May 28, 2017 11:40:02 pm

Yea I do too, get your best attacking players on the field. And Lallana's defensive work is a huge benefit.

Quick Reply