Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 191911 times
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #46: May 29, 2017 12:43:00 am
      He's a DM and would sit next to Wijnaldum/Can/Henderson, while Cou/Lallana occupy the top berth in the triangle.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #47: May 29, 2017 12:45:29 am
      That's what I mean mate, basically Cou taking Lallana's spot rather than Keita.
      A diamond is interesting mate, never really thought of that to be honest.

Firmino   Mane
                  Coutinho
              Keita       Lallana
                      Can
       New LB New CB Matip Clyne
                      Migs

Certainly works for getting the best players we currently have into the team. With all the talk of Coutinho going into the 8 role I honestly hadn't considered him moving up to the 10, but it's possible, or just switching with Lallana and him playing the 10. Food for thought.

I don't mind a diamond, but if we keep the same full backs as last season, I don't think it's the right formation for us.

I prefer us to go 4213/433 with a left sided Mane (as well as the original on the right :D) and Lallana/Coutinho in midfield. I think we'll have enough protection with Keita/Wijnaldum and Can/Hendo.

And don''t forget Firmino's work rate and pressing, he will add that bit more solidity in the midfield when he drops off, and this time, when he drops off, we will have 2 runners ahead of him oppose to 0 when Mane was out :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #48: May 29, 2017 01:20:18 am
      I don't mind a diamond, but if we keep the same full backs as last season, I don't think it's the right formation for us.

Agree with this point mate, another reason why Trent needs to speed up on his defensive development because him at RB would be perfect for what we need in attack from a diamond.

Milner is just bad in all formations in my opinion, he just doesn't have the outside threat.

I prefer us to go 4213/433 with a left sided Mane (as well as the original on the right ) and Lallana/Coutinho in midfield. I think we'll have enough protection with Keita/Wijnaldum and Can/Hendo.

That's all I had in mind for us next season mate, but FL did throw an interesting one in there that has some merit imo.

And don''t forget Firmino's work rate and pressing, he will add that bit more solidity in the midfield when he drops off, and this time, when he drops off, we will have 2 runners ahead of him oppose to 0 when Mane was out

Yep, a left sided Mane would be very nice, especially with Cou dropping deeper, would terrorise any defence that.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #49: May 29, 2017 02:11:03 am
      That's what  I've been thinking. Some of his better games, you'll notice he'll drift all over the field so I don't think it's a stretch to see him be able to play either side. Here's another thought...if Jürgen goes forward with a diamond midfield and two strikers,  could we see Mane play more forward as the second of two strikers? Dunno if it makes sense, honestly asking.

Either way, I think we've seen that Kloppo is in love with Adam and what he brings to the side, not just  attacking sense but also defensively so I don't see him being dropped for anyone at this point. Arguably the best player in England currently so he's got the cred to keep his spot unless he goes off the boil.

Regarding Mane playing as one of two strikers in a diamond, I've been having the exact same thought today. Mane would provide Coutinho with the weapon that he rarely has in Sturridge, somebody to run onto the through balls and who will get in behind the defence.

Can

Lallana   -   Keita

Coutinho

Mane   -   Firmino

Firmino doesn't get enough goals to lead the line on his own but leaving him out of the side kind of takes away the whole "defend from the front" philosophy that Klopp has ingrained into the players.

I think Purple Monkey makes a good point in regards to our full backs though. We'll need them to be a lot more successful in attack compared to what they have been this season.

One thing I like about the team is the flexibility of a number of the players to play in different positions, Klopp needs to use that to his and our advantage a lot more.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #50: May 29, 2017 03:18:55 am
      So are we all comfortably resigned to having firmino as our striker next season?

Mistake in my book.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,966 posts | 3944 
      Reply #51: May 29, 2017 08:45:41 am
      So are we all comfortably resigned to having firmino as our striker next season?

Mistake in my book.

Massive step-back mate that would be.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #52: May 29, 2017 09:37:50 am
      well... funny enough the word naby means prophet in Arabic.

lads we might have a prophet in our hands soon. prophet of slick football and box to box midfielder

;D
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #53: May 29, 2017 10:20:36 am
      So it appears that most people have not actually seen this guy play....at best I would guess people have seen him a handful (and that's pushing it) of times and would of seem the same hopeless YouTube clips to determine how wonderful he is

When I hear us mention him it is with pure guess work and hope - calling him Kante with goals  :lmao:

Box to box - when have we brought one of these 1990 box to box players that has worked out as described? Lucas was box to box apparently  :lmao: Leonhardson as well  :lmao:

I have only seen YouTube clips of him, for £50 million I would demand a player that is a recognised performer in high performing team. This stinks of a GAMBLE.

im very far from impressed....and for all you 'if Klopp wants him' fans and 'city are spending x amount in' - keep your replies to yourself
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #54: May 29, 2017 10:27:20 am
      So it appears that most people have not actually seen this guy play....at best I would guess people have seen him a handful (and that's pushing it) of times and would of seem the same hopeless YouTube clips to determine how wonderful he is

When I hear us mention him it is with pure guess work and hope - calling him Kante with goals  :lmao:

Box to box - when have we brought one of these 1990 box to box players that has worked out as described? Lucas was box to box apparently  :lmao: Leonhardson as well  :lmao:

I have only seen YouTube clips of him, for £50 million I would demand a player that is a recognised performer in high performing team. This stinks of a GAMBLE.

im very far from impressed....and for all you 'if Klopp wants him' fans and 'city are spending x amount in' - keep your replies to yourself

In Klopp we trust.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #55: May 29, 2017 10:29:02 am

So on one hand you've only seen youtube clips of him, and are telling others that you don't find him as a special player. 

Whilst on the other hand you accuse others  of having watched only youtube videos and discard their opinions for that reason.

By that logic you should not take your own opinion seriously too.

I would have loved to see your opinion on Mane, before we signed him. Perhaps it would've been of the same logic too.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #56: May 29, 2017 10:34:48 am

1990 box to box players - what the F**k are you going on about?

Leipzig are a high performing team, they finished 2nd in the Bundesliga... Also, every transfer is a gamble.

If you're not impressed and don't want us to sign him then wouldn't it make sense to stay out of the thread rather than winding yourself up? Just a suggestion. You come across as an absolute bell end! This is a forum, posting replies and sharing opinions is the whole point.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #57: May 29, 2017 10:56:38 am
      So on one hand you've only seen youtube clips of him, and are telling others that you don't find him as a special player. 

Whilst on the other hand you accuse others  of having watched only youtube videos and discard their opinions for that reason.

By that logic you should not take your own opinion seriously too.

I would have loved to see your opinion on Mane, before we signed him. Perhaps it would've been of the same logic too.

He has played a limited amount of games at a high level, I don't recall seeing him in the champions league and by all accounts not many have seen him play.

So using that I am deeming that spending 50 million is a big gamble

As for Mane - my opinion on him before we signed him was that he had some good games for Southampton, but needed to be more consistent - which in the limited games he has played for us he has shown more consistency
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #58: May 29, 2017 11:00:47 am
      1990 box to box players - what the f**k are you going on about?

Leipzig are a high performing team, they finished 2nd in the Bundesliga... Also, every transfer is a gamble.

If you're not impressed and don't want us to sign him then wouldn't it make sense to stay out of the thread rather than winding yourself up? Just a suggestion. You come across as an absolute bell end! This is a forum, posting replies and sharing opinions is the whole point.

Oh - every transfer is a gamble

Open and shut case then.

I wonder if 60 mill is worth paying for him, or 70 mill - worst comes to worst we can give him to Nice for free

As for the bell end remark -  :lmao:

This is a forum for opinions, me stating mine is my choice - it's not as if Klopp and crew are on here reading and waiting for my opinion. So feel free to go and piss up a rope mate
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #59: May 29, 2017 11:36:24 am
      For those who want more info on him check this out http://worldfootballindex.com/2016/11/naby-keita-leipzig-guinea/
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #60: May 29, 2017 12:13:39 pm

That or just type in google, rb leipzig full matches. You will find a fair bit of games you can watch and see how good he is :)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #61: May 29, 2017 12:14:42 pm

Well if he's able to perform like that week in week out, he's a steel at £50 m. Clear what Klopp likes about him, but there must be others who've noticed his impact. Need to move fast if we are serious about him.

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #62: May 29, 2017 12:34:49 pm
      He has played a limited amount of games at a high level, I don't recall seeing him in the champions league and by all accounts not many have seen him play.

So using that I am deeming that spending 50 million is a big gamble

As for Mane - my opinion on him before we signed him was that he had some good games for Southampton, but needed to be more consistent - which in the limited games he has played for us he has shown more consistency
      Remind me as to how many games Kante has played at top level or CL as a matter of fact. Good players have to start somewhere, or do you expect them play regular CL while they are just 18-20?

Then again , how many CL games did Mane play too before coming here?

How many games did Reus play in CL before going to Dortmund?

See, the list can be huge here.

See that logic is flawed by all accounts.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,966 posts | 3944 
      Reply #63: May 29, 2017 12:54:13 pm
      Remind me as to how many games Kante has played at top level or CL as a matter of fact. Good players have to start somewhere, or do you expect them play regular CL while they are just 18-20?

Then again , how many CL games did Mane play too before coming here?

How many games did Reus play in CL before going to Dortmund?

See, the list can be huge here.

See that logic is flawed by all accounts.

Whereas the logic in Jürgen's judgement is completely viable.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #64: May 29, 2017 01:14:24 pm
      I'd rather go for Seri from Nice, he would be way cheaper i guess.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #65: May 29, 2017 02:27:59 pm

Ah... but... Is he "way" better? 🤔
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2017 02:33:52 pm by bad boy bubby »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #66: May 29, 2017 02:37:39 pm

Barcelona apparently sniffing around him as well
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #67: May 29, 2017 03:28:47 pm
      Barcelona apparently sniffing around him as well

because his contract has ended? i think i heard it at Eurosport channel that he is a free agent now. anyway if there is a midfielder i want from Ligue 1, then it is Sanson from montpellier. He is 21-23 and a proper CM, box to box midfilder who can find that through ball. bit fabregas (in his Arse days) in his attacking plays imo.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #68: May 29, 2017 03:32:33 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h10EfU43UAE

didnt find any youtube video in the thread.

Quick Reply