Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 193677 times
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #69: May 29, 2017 06:21:56 pm
      Leipzip is NOT selling Keita so better to manage our expectations. I believe that the club is already looking at alternatives. Maybe Paredes from Roma as a direct replacement to Lucas.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #70: May 29, 2017 10:39:58 pm
      Leipzip is NOT selling Keita so better to manage our expectations. I believe that the club is already looking at alternatives. Maybe Paredes from Roma as a direct replacement to Lucas.
      So after all the positive signals, where does this kick in the nuts come from.
      If it's right, it's too familiar to our recent past performances on transfers.
      Something's never seem to improve, however much you try and believe they will 😳
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #71: May 29, 2017 10:47:26 pm
      So after all the positive signals, where does this kick in the nuts come from.
      If it's right, it's too familiar to our recent past performances on transfers.
      Something's never seem to improve, however much you try and believe they will 😳

I think their chairman said they are not selling any of their first team players and plan on holding them for another year or so.

I always thought it'd be difficult to get Keita after 1 season tbh. We should have gotten him end of 2015/16 season when he had one of the best stats in europe for a midfielder.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #72: May 29, 2017 11:30:37 pm
      I have only seen YouTube clips of him, for £50 million I would demand a player that is a recognised performer in high performing team. This stinks of a GAMBLE.

im very far from impressed....and for all you 'if Klopp wants him' fans and 'city are spending x amount in' - keep your replies to yourself

Leipzig just finished as runners-up to Bayern in the German league were he's started most games. Don't think it's a gamble at all. Type of player we should be after.

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #73: May 29, 2017 11:42:42 pm
      If he sends Henderson to the bench, I'm all for it.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #74: May 30, 2017 12:16:30 am
      Remind me as to how many games Kante has played at top level or CL as a matter of fact. Good players have to start somewhere, or do you expect them play regular CL while they are just 18-20?

Then again , how many CL games did Mane play too before coming here?

How many games did Reus play in CL before going to Dortmund?

See, the list can be huge here.

See that logic is flawed by all accounts.

so good players start at £50 mill now?

Kante is the exception not the rule

Mane was by no means Klopps 1st choice and admittedly he has done well so far, but how about the other players we brought and have brought in past 10 seasons? much more miss than hit, and usually ones people can tell will not work out in advance aswell.

everyone can point out one signing that turned out well, but how about the hundreds that flopped before? do they not get a mention.

My whole point on this player is that the cost based on his very limited exposure in a top (ish) league is well above what I would consider reasonable, we have over spent and been stung on multiple occasions as well. 
      He is clearly someone who has not been under the pressure that comes with playing for a big team like us before and not someone who we should be shelling out a major part of our transfer on.

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #75: May 30, 2017 02:08:29 am

Mane was by no means Klopps 1st choice and admittedly he has done well so far, but how about the other players we brought and have brought in past 10 seasons? much more miss than hit, and usually ones people can tell will not work out in advance aswell.

everyone can point out one signing that turned out well, but how about the hundreds that flopped before? do they not get a mention.

My whole point on this player is that the cost based on his very limited exposure in a top (ish) league is well above what I would consider reasonable, we have over spent and been stung on multiple occasions as well. 
      He is clearly someone who has not been under the pressure that comes with playing for a big team like us before and not someone who we should be shelling out a major part of our transfer on.
      Look, transfer costs are fu**ed up in today's market. I'll admit that. When you have players like Ibe going for 15 Million,  you have Real Madrid paying 45 Mil for a kid who is just 16. If you try to look at the market with that view, 50 million is nothing. We got Mane for 30 million when he was inconsistent for most his time at Southampton. And here we have a consistent player who just helped RB Leipzeg secure their first ever Champions League campaign. See prices are inflated, whether you want to accept it or not.

Another example - Pogba went for 90 million pounds.  ;D

As for Kante being exception? I guess you need to watch a bit more football. Remember we had a certain Javier Mashcerano, who was ......a West Ham player, and couldn't get a f**king game there ;D. If you try to find examples like Kante, I'm pretty sure if we dig deep enough, the numbers will be quite a few. So no, he is no exception.

Good players will always be good, regardless of who they are playing for.

I do think Klopp knows what he is doing here.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017 02:21:56 am by Gill95 »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #76: May 30, 2017 07:34:47 am
      Similar background of experience to Kante then. And after one season with Leicester, most of the big clubs in Europe were suddenly interested, and still are !

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #77: May 30, 2017 07:48:44 am
      By the sounds of his interview, he has no intention of going anywhere this summer.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #78: May 30, 2017 02:04:43 pm
      Not gonna happen for us 😟
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #79: May 30, 2017 02:06:50 pm
      Well we're already down to our 2nd choice at left back & winger, might as well go for 2nd choice at CM too.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #80: May 30, 2017 05:43:04 pm
      RB Leipzig are supposedly bringing in Konrad Laimer from sister club RB Salzburg, might be paving way for Keita's exit!

... or may be they are just strengthening their midfield options for the CL campaign! whatever..
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,936 posts | 4993 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #81: May 30, 2017 06:17:40 pm
      Since its silly season, with some of us thus far adding potential signings I thought F**k it, why not join in the fun and adorn all you lesser mortals with my penny's worth,  ;D  ;D  ;D,

Aubameyang
                               Firmino                                   Mane
                                                    Coutinho 
                                         Keita                    Can

New LB    VVD   Matip    TAA

Butland

Bench; Mignolet, Clyne, Henderson, Lallana, Willian, Sturridge, Lovren

The engraver has sharpened his tools ppl, in preparation of scribing our name as CHAMPIONS !!!

You heard it here first  ;) ;D ;) ;D

YNWA
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #82: May 30, 2017 07:30:41 pm
      I'd rather go for Seri from Nice, he would be way cheaper i guess.

His song could be "Seri - What time is it!?"
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #83: May 31, 2017 12:18:56 am
      Well I've never seen this lad play. We do though desperately need a quality box to box midfielder (who doesn't?) and if Jürgen thinks he's worth it, then so do I. Pay whatever it costs.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #84: May 31, 2017 01:17:06 pm
      She gets info from the club. For what reasons is maybe a question, but she does.
      Just because she posed with a photo of Klopp doesn't mean anybody at the club tells her anything. There is a reason why the mods won't let us type g oal.com without it changing to talkaloadofbull.com automatically. There was no way we were paying 50m for any player. The fact only talkaloadofbull.com was reporting this should have gave an indication to Melissa Reddy being an unreliable source. The fact you guys believed it after it was posted on her Twitter makes it worse.
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2017 01:26:14 pm by Ribapuru »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #85: May 31, 2017 01:21:32 pm
      Just because she posed with a photo of Klopp doesn't mean anybody at the club tells her anything. There is a reason why the mods won't let us type g oal.com without it changing to talkaloadofbull.com automatically. There was no way we were paying 50m for any player. The fact only talkaloadofbull.com was reporting this should have gave an indication to Mesllia Reddy being an unreliable source. The fact you guys believed it after it was posted on her Twitter makes it even worse.

Mate, she gets her info from the club, just like Joyce and Barrett.

End of. Now you can believe me or not, I honestly don't give a sh*t.

She does, though.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #86: May 31, 2017 01:40:11 pm
      Just because she posed with a photo of Klopp doesn't mean anybody at the club tells her anything. There is a reason why the mods won't let us type g oal.com without it changing to talkaloadofbull.com automatically. There was no way we were paying 50m for any player. The fact only talkaloadofbull.com was reporting this should have gave an indication to Melissa Reddy being an unreliable source. The fact you guys believed it after it was posted on her Twitter makes it worse.

Just because talkaloadofbull.com isn't reliable at the best of times it doesn't mean the same goes for her.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #87: May 31, 2017 01:42:18 pm

She's an insider, you not believing it (or not wanting to) doesn't make it a fact. Now whether the info she's getting is accurate, or just put out by the club for a certain narrative, that's up for debate, but  she does have exclusive access to the club regardless of what you think or say. 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #88: May 31, 2017 10:22:03 pm
      She's an insider, you not believing it (or not wanting to) doesn't make it a fact. Now whether the info she's getting is accurate, or just put out by the club for a certain narrative, that's up for debate, but  she does have exclusive access to the club regardless of what you think or say. 

Word!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #89: Jun 01, 2017 11:18:40 pm
      So thankful for the Ignore feature....
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #90: Jun 02, 2017 07:02:56 am
      So thankful for the Ignore feature....

But that way you might miss out on some comedy genius posts  :D
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #91: Jun 02, 2017 09:32:20 am
      If he sends Henderson to the bench, I'm all for it.

"We opened with a quiz, and so we’ll close with a quiz. All these stats refer to players who played only in midfield and logged at least 2,000 minutes.

Player number one: he was the busiest player in the league, making 87.4 passes per 90 minutes.

Player number two: he had the best touch in the league among midfielders, guilty of only 0.4 unsuccessful touches per 90 minutes.

Player number three: he was the hardest midfielder to dispossess, losing the ball to an opponent only 0.5 times per 90 minutes.

Take your time on this one.

Need hints? All three of these players played for a team in red shirts.

More? All three of these players wore number 14.

The answers? Jordan Henderson, Jordan Henderson, and Jordan Henderson. And from now on, that’s JFH for short."

Jog on

Quick Reply