Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 191805 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #184: Jun 25, 2017 06:52:38 pm
      Don't know Stu.....I think selling Coutinho is nowhere in the cards to be honest

There is a subtext mate.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #185: Jun 25, 2017 09:32:33 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #186: Jun 25, 2017 10:02:03 pm
      Offer them £60m to get these negotiations going. Ball is in your court FSG.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #187: Jun 25, 2017 10:10:23 pm

Just seen this mate, pay £70m straight up and get it done as quickly as possible would be my response to that.

Absolutely made for our team, probably any team, but I only really care about our team.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #188: Jun 25, 2017 10:11:32 pm
      So there is eventually a price for him.

Which suggests they are willing to sell and seeing as though he is one of our key targets then we should go full on.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #189: Jun 25, 2017 10:14:22 pm
      So there is eventually a price for him.

Which suggests they are willing to sell and seeing as though he is one of our key targets then we should go full on.

I really didn't think they'd be selling him, huge mistake from them in my opinion.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #190: Jun 25, 2017 10:16:25 pm
      I suppose the question would be, if you could have only one of Keita or VVD which would you choose? Personally I'd take Keita.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #191: Jun 25, 2017 10:20:45 pm
      I suppose the question would be, if you could have only one of Keita or VVD which would you choose? Personally I'd take Keita.

VVD for me, but Hendo, Keita and Lallana in midfield... that pressing, LMAO.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #192: Jun 25, 2017 10:33:21 pm

Best be able to get both of them...with a supposed £150,000,000 war chest + sales of Sakho & Moreno there really should be no monetary reason not to land both.

And if we ended this window with Keita, VVD, Salah and some young fullback I would have zero issues with the business done.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #193: Jun 25, 2017 10:40:26 pm
      Best be able to get both of them...with a supposed £150,000,000 war chest + sales of Sakho & Moreno there really should be no monetary reason not to land both.

And if we ended this window with Keita, VVD, Salah and some young fullback I would have zero issues with the business done.

Oh I 100% agree.

Yeah when you throw in the potential sales we have that both could be possible after Salah and if we got those 3 then I could live with Milner for another season at LB with an understudy. Wouldn't be loving it but the upside of getting those 3 would be incredible. 

Salah Firmino Mane
               Coutinho Lallana
                       Keita
                  VVD  Matip

I know it's only 8, but that 8 is by far the best in the league in my opinion.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #194: Jun 25, 2017 10:56:56 pm
      Oh I 100% agree.

Yeah when you throw in the potential sales we have that both could be possible after Salah and if we got those 3 then I could live with Milner for another season at LB with an understudy. Wouldn't be loving it but the upside of getting those 3 would be incredible. 

Salah Firmino Mane
               Coutinho Lallana
                       Keita
                  VVD  Matip

This my friend looks naughty.. !
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #195: Jun 25, 2017 10:57:34 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #196: Jun 25, 2017 10:59:34 pm

For sure mate.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #197: Jun 25, 2017 11:14:06 pm
      Oh I 100% agree.

Salah Firmino Mane
               Coutinho Lallana
                       Keita
                  VVD  Matip

Thing is every podcast or article I have read seem to put him more in the mold of being in Lallana's spot vs Hendo/Can....supposedly his strength is closing down and going forward. I cannot say but as I am no expert but everything I have heard he is as far away from a defensive mid as you can get and spraying passing is also not his strong suit.

So It could be more like

Coutino/Keita     Lallana/Keita       

Hendo/Can

With Gini being able to play  just about anywhere if needed; with hopefully a full CL season and going forward a good distance in the cups we might do 60 matches this season and I would feel pretty confident with those guys and rotation.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #198: Jun 25, 2017 11:18:42 pm

We can all dream mate.

No way FSG are paying that kind of money on players.

No chance.

Want Van Dijk and Keite? YES

Need Van Dijk and Keite? YES

Cost = £140 million

Result = De Vrij and The Ox
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #199: Jun 25, 2017 11:19:02 pm
      Thing is every podcast or article I have read seem to put him more in the mold of being in Lallana's spot vs Hendo/Can....supposedly his strength is closing down and going forward. I cannot say but as I am no expert but everything I have heard he is as far away from a defensive mid as you can get and spraying passing is also not his strong suit.

So It could be more like

Coutino/Keita     Lallana/Keita       

Hendo/Can

With Gini being able to play  just about anywhere if needed; with hopefully a full CL season and going forward a good distance in the cups we might do 60 matches this season and I would feel pretty confident with those guys and rotation.

Yeah he is mate, much more box-to-box type but for the benefit of the '8' I put him back there. I actually think that Hendo will come back in for the DM role and he'll take Lallana's spot but I don't rate Hendo or Can as one of the best players in the league so couldn't have him there.

fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #200: Jun 25, 2017 11:52:14 pm
      I like the fact that Southampton and Leipzig named their price publicly..now we will see if FSG were serious when they said that Jürgen will have their full backing in the transfer market and they will break the transfer record a few times this summer or will do their usual and fall back on the 2nd or 3rd options.
      I'd be fine with paying those prices even if that means not getting a LB (this summer) nor a striker..for too long we pussied out of paying for quality only to fill the squad with average players for reasonable prices.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #201: Jun 25, 2017 11:58:09 pm
      I like the fact that Southampton and Leipzig named their price publicly..now we will see if FSG were serious when they said that Jürgen will have their full backing in the transfer market and they will break the transfer record a few times this summer or will do their usual and fall back on the 2nd or 3rd options.
      I'd be fine with paying those prices even if that means not getting a LB (this summer) nor a striker..for too long we pussied out of paying for quality only to fill the squad with average players for reasonable prices.

Have they publicly named their price though ? No club would do that
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #202: Jun 26, 2017 12:19:51 am
      Have they publicly named their price though ? No club would do that

Chelsea is supposedly putting in a bid at £60M which I am fine with...once another club does that then I see no reason why we can't match  and let the player decide.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #203: Jun 26, 2017 12:50:48 am

This all day, if we want to keep up with City, Chelsea and United, we beat he prepared to strike while the iron is hot.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #204: Jun 26, 2017 07:44:44 am
      So gone from not being for sale at all to now having a price named.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #205: Jun 26, 2017 09:51:15 am
      £70 mill, £50 mill for unproven potential?

world has gone bonkers
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 

Quick Reply