Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 193442 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #713: Jul 14, 2017 12:28:13 am
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2017 12:33:28 am by AZPatriot »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #714: Jul 14, 2017 01:12:12 am
      Edwards counters with 4 payments and a case of

+

++

Don't forget the new Klopp keyring to seal the deal and a copy of FIFA 18
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #715: Jul 14, 2017 01:58:51 am
      So is Chris Williams credible or is it strictly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93S_l0qZrXA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #716: Jul 14, 2017 02:14:26 am

Don't think he is credible. He basically parrots other stories and claims to get the scoop.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #717: Jul 14, 2017 06:54:12 am
      The Marvin Gaye version was placed on his 1968 album In the Groove, where it gained the attention of radio disc jockeys, and Motown founder Berry Gordy finally agreed to its release as a single in October 1968, when it went to the top of the Billboard Pop Singles chart for seven weeks from December 1968 to January 1969 and became for a time the biggest hit single on the Motown label (Tamla).

The Gaye recording has since become an acclaimed soul classic, and in 2004, it was placed on the Rolling Stone list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. It was also inducted to the Grammy Hall of Fame for "historical, artistic and significant" value.

There is an original source.
      Even that version was first performed by the Miracles.

I impress my sons by playing the riff on guitar.
      Well..... methinks they are impressed  ;D

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,207 posts | 1211 
      Reply #718: Jul 14, 2017 07:44:51 am

If it's amounts and instalments we're talking then we have no excuses not to get this done.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #719: Jul 14, 2017 07:57:08 am
      It's quite telling how all the news is coming from journo's linked to the selling club.

The usual culprits linked to LFC have really been neutered after the VVD debacle.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #720: Jul 14, 2017 08:19:17 am
      and i've more faith in Klopp to ensure they will improve us...
      ... hence why i'm chilled

Me too mate; (contrary to what the odd tw*t, or two, may have imagined), I haven't got worked up once. Quite the opposite, in fact.  ;D

The honourable man that he is; Jürgen was honest enough to admit that he needs to "buy quality" if we want "to compete at a higher level" and that the PL is a different kettle of fish to Germany, in every way.

I have every faith that Jürgen [armed with that knowledge] will demand FSG keep spending those tens and tens and tens of millions on experienced/quality players.

He knows [like most of us now it seems 😉] that, in a league where top managers and players are the norm and all top teams strengthen, we can not sustain a serious winning effort otherwise.

On Naby:

It seems to me that all our genuine transfer 'interests' are/were, to a man, keen to join LFC before any inter club discussion. Naby being no different.

I believe that this [sussing out/creating interest] is exactly what Jürgen meant when he said all the work [his work 😉] had been done. It then, as ever, boils down to the ability and commitment of "the money men".

Jürgen has and is playing this lovely and subtly exerting the right amount of pressure, at the right time... in my opinion obviously. 😊

So... anyhows... reports are suggesting that Jürgen is asking the "money men" to 'get this over the line' a.s.a.p. and as he's on record as saying "money isn't an issue": this might not take too long.

I can't see RBL wanting to prolong the inevitable to be honest... if and when we stop posturing and make a bid, that is.

Yeah Blud... I still love, admire and understand the passion which drives Reds to demand "more"  but 'chilled' works for me.  8)

Moving on - the interest only really becomes real when a bid is tabled so time to get excited Redmen.

« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2017 08:32:37 am by bad boy bubby »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #721: Jul 14, 2017 09:56:00 am
      It's quite telling how all the news is coming from journo's linked to the selling club.

The usual culprits linked to LFC have really been neutered after the VVD debacle.
      A lot of the culprits get there information from other tabloids. Even Ms Reddy posting on her twitter Salah's visa got processed a few hours after ESPN announced it seems fishy to me.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #722: Jul 14, 2017 10:45:11 am
      Specifically on this I'm gonna put my faith in Jürgen knowing the German market better than me......I think we're well placed.

Overall I'll reserve judgement on this transfer window - as I try to by habit - until after the fact.

At least that way I get to make an assessment (albeit - ultimately - still empirical) based on actuality instead just  spouting wind and pish that you good fellas and ladies have to wade through......

Nobody needs that ;)
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #723: Jul 14, 2017 01:31:52 pm
      So we really are looking to go above 60 mn for a player. That is encouraging.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #724: Jul 14, 2017 01:37:14 pm

Seems like we may have actually sealed up the leaks on our end.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #725: Jul 14, 2017 01:52:07 pm
      Thank god
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #726: Jul 14, 2017 02:13:28 pm
      With Lucas now leaving signing Keita is imperative.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #727: Jul 14, 2017 02:29:57 pm
      My dad always says money talks. FSG do your business!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #728: Jul 14, 2017 02:52:46 pm
      With Lucas now leaving signing Keita is imperative.

You mean because they are so similar? Or because Keita can fill in at CB? :D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #729: Jul 14, 2017 02:55:15 pm
      You mean because they are so similar? Or because Keita can fill in at CB? :D

Keita is just like Lucas... only with legs :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #730: Jul 14, 2017 03:09:02 pm
      Keita is just like Lucas... only with legs :D

and ability to pass the ball forwards, not giving away daft freekicks and oh he can also score goals ;-)  but i still Love Lucas and all he's given to the club.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #731: Jul 14, 2017 03:23:04 pm
      One of the Guinean journo's who broke the news last week.

https://twitter.com/makadjiamadou/status/885853033548185600

Translated "more on the Keita opera tonight".
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #732: Jul 14, 2017 03:37:43 pm
      There is an original source.
      Even that version was first performed by the Miracles.

I impress my sons by playing the riff on guitar.
      Well..... methinks they are impressed  ;D

The CCR version is one of the few covers of a classic that became a classic in its own right. It would be hard to find five songs that fit that description. I included the video for the song title though, not because it is a cover.

« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2017 03:44:15 pm by Robby The Z »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #733: Jul 14, 2017 03:49:14 pm

It seems that the article that kiboshed the deal (at least temporarily) is the one where VVD told Klopp he wanted to join LIverpool. Not sure who first wrote that story.

Typically when a reporter has a good source, he gets more information than he is allowed to print. He still gets scoops, but he gets them in exchange for more favorable coverage, and in that context there is an understand that some things you can't report on, at least not yet. It seems to be someone let Klopp or someone else down with that, and that is what set Southampton off and caused the club to react the way it did. As a result, the news spigot has been very slow.

If that bit about installments is true, then obviously Red Bull have not held to this no sale pronouncement. Seems to be an awful lot of smoke for being no fire.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #734: Jul 14, 2017 04:20:06 pm
      Assuming we do sign him, it will be very interesting to see who the preferred trio of CM's are when everyone is fit.  I can't imagine were signing Keita for 70M to sit the bench, and Coutinho is an automatic starter at #10.  That leaves Lallana, Gini, Can, and Hendo to compete for 1 spot.
      If Keita is being bought as a #6, then I think it's between Gini and Lallana for the #8.  If Keita is coming in as the #8, then it's between Can and Hendo for the #6.   Regardless of who gets the final spot, I look at that group of 6 players and think we may well have the strongest midfield in the Prem!! 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #735: Jul 14, 2017 04:28:30 pm
      Assuming we do sign him, it will be very interesting to see who the preferred trio of CM's are when everyone is fit.  I can't imagine were signing Keita for 70M to sit the bench, and Coutinho is an automatic starter at #10.  That leaves Lallana, Gini, Can, and Hendo to compete for 1 spot.
      If Keita is being bought as a #6, then I think it's between Gini and Lallana for the #8.  If Keita is coming in as the #8, then it's between Can and Hendo for the #6.   Regardless of who gets the final spot, I look at that group of 6 players and think we may well have the strongest midfield in the Prem!! 

It certainly gives a huge amount of options for the manager, but form my pov hendo would be the furthest from the starting line up now.

Quick Reply