Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 191827 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #782: Jul 15, 2017 12:45:13 pm
      Just pay what is needed now, City are circling and although it seems he doesn't wanna go there.... I'd rather it just be done to be safe.... Alves was 1/16 to join City with a reunion with Pep, then look what happened when PSG came in.

All we need now for the ultimate piss take is for the spuds to outbid us and land him.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #783: Jul 15, 2017 12:58:55 pm
      Is Keita really worth that much money? He's not proven, he doesn't know Klopp, he doesn't know the PL and he can't speak English, can he? While I would be willing to give VVD a king's ransom for he's in the PL already and knows how sh*t goes there, I am more reluctant with Keita.

I wonder why Klopp isn't hitting on Pulisic from Dortmund. Younger, knows English...I'd rather give Dortmund 80-100 Mio. € for Pulisic than for Keita.

Worth every 65m we will pay for him
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #784: Jul 15, 2017 01:08:36 pm
      We either need to pay the £70m they want or move on.  All this dallying is such a waste of time, and cringeworthy from us.  Leipzig don't need to sell him, they don't want to sell him, so the only way to make it happen is to pay the £70m outright.  If we think he is worth it then just F***ing pay it.  If we don't then move on.

Imagine if Barca or PSG or something came in for Coutinho and we set a concrete fee and they kept trying to lowball us.  We'd be livid.  Not sure why we keep disrespecting other clubs when we'd never stand for it if the roles were reversed.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #785: Jul 15, 2017 01:21:47 pm
      We either need to pay the £70m they want or move on.  All this dallying is such a waste of time, and cringeworthy from us.  Leipzig don't need to sell him, they don't want to sell him, so the only way to make it happen is to pay the £70m outright.  If we think he is worth it then just f**king pay it.  If we don't then move on.

Imagine if Barca or PSG or something came in for Coutinho and we set a concrete fee and they kept trying to lowball us.  We'd be livid.  Not sure why we keep disrespecting other clubs when we'd never stand for it if the roles were reversed.

We've made an opening offer of just short of 60m. Hardly disrespectful when a clause lower than 50m for him activates next season.

Most reports say it was turned down due to payment structure. We are expected to go in again the start of next week.

Keita wants to come here and I've seen today that apparently he has turned down city.

I'm no FSG fan, quite the opposite in fact, but I'm very confident this deal will go through and if it does, bloody fair play to them.

I didn't think we would make an offer until we atleast got sakho, Moreno, Markovic and Sturridge off our books.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #786: Jul 15, 2017 01:44:26 pm
      We've made an opening offer of just short of 60m. Hardly disrespectful when a clause lower than 50m for him activates next season.

That's great.  But that's next season.  We want him now.

So why don't we just pay up and give them the £70m? 

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #787: Jul 15, 2017 01:59:02 pm

Because there's no guarantee if we had bid £70 million off the bat Liepzig would have accepted it.

They would most likely refuse that bid also and look for more.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #788: Jul 15, 2017 02:06:02 pm

Stsrt a crowdfunding page and see how far you get, but seriously as frustrating as it is, it is a drawn out process and patience is the key.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #789: Jul 15, 2017 02:20:44 pm

We very well may with our next bid. I was skeptical but now that we've bid, I'm confident we are going to make a go of it. Let's see how this plays out now.
      sanja
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #791: Jul 15, 2017 05:20:56 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #792: Jul 15, 2017 05:41:52 pm
      We need to be 70m not 65m.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #793: Jul 15, 2017 08:39:50 pm

Well in that case stick your own £5M in, honestly some on here think £5M is like loose change!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #794: Jul 15, 2017 09:05:29 pm

Well in that case stick your own £5M in, honestly some on here think £5M is like loose change!

It's less than 10% bud.

If it was 6.50 we'd be talking about throwing in another .50.

Or pocket change.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #795: Jul 15, 2017 09:20:59 pm

Why not start at full asking price?....gives them the opportunity to move the bar and say €85,000,000

You have to start somewhere and offering €65,000,000 for a player they just paid €11,000,000 a season ago is in no way a slap in the face; it's a more than respectable first offer.

Deal will get done somewhere between 70-75 million €.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #796: Jul 15, 2017 11:01:18 pm
      Don't know anything about those negotiations, but the first offer would just be my starting point to get RB used to the idea of selling Keita. Then I would blow their minds away with an 95 Mio. € offer and that would stand, no inch further. Parallely, I'd (secretly) contact Keita and make him push RB really hard up to the point to refuse training. This would be an aggressive scheme and better than just raising offers slowly, because you need to shock RB somehow and make them re-thinking fundamentally. That's more probable with an outstanding "lone" offer combined with a dirty player. But that's only reasonable if I'd think Keita is the part that makes me win the PL & CL right now.

I think Liverpool will use a softer approach since Keita is not Messi and my version would burn bridges. I guess they will go up to 80 Mio. and if not successful turn to Aubameyang & VVD. Keita will be pursued next year easily then.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #797: Jul 15, 2017 11:25:58 pm
      It's less than 10% bud.

If it was 6.50 we'd be talking about throwing in another .50.

Or pocket change.

If we were Chelsea or City yeah that's nothing but for us that means potentially £5M less to spend on our next target.
      At the end of the day any business will try and get the best deal, we as consumers sure would.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #798: Jul 16, 2017 10:18:53 am
      but for us that means potentially £5M less to spend on our next target.
      Who's that mate?

Who's the "next" target and what is it, exactly, that makes him more important than the player Jürgen wanted first? 🤔

To be honest; I would have thought that, if "the next target" really is so good, that we'd sacrifice Keita, (over £5m) for him, then surely... we would have went for him first. 🙄

« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2017 01:03:03 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #799: Jul 16, 2017 10:29:27 am
      If we were Chelsea or City yeah that's nothing but for us that means potentially £5M less to spend on our next target.
      At the end of the day any business will try and get the best deal, we as consumers sure would.
      how many times have we sat their lowballing for another club to just swoop in and offer the asking price? Don't be suprised to see him in a City shirt for 70m if we dont cough up soon. If we just bid 70m he would be our payer now. There is real mutual interest between Keita and city and that has happened due to our lowballing.
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2017 10:37:31 am by Ribapuru »
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #800: Jul 16, 2017 01:58:14 pm
      Yeah, we're gonna F**k this one up as well aren't we?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #801: Jul 16, 2017 02:39:58 pm
      Yeah, we're gonna f**k this one up as well aren't we?
      If we bid 70m to begin with it would have been accepted. I feel unsure 70m will be enough now Inter and City shown interest.
      sell73out
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #802: Jul 16, 2017 07:54:22 pm
      I've enjoyed everyone flipping out about us not offering be asking price, but the figure quoted was £65m... Leipzig have been asking for €70m.
      On the current (admittedly googled) exchange rate, our improved offer is €74m, which is €4m over what they asked for... that's not lowballing.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #803: Jul 16, 2017 09:50:22 pm
      We will need to offer 95 Mio € minimum. That is the borderline offer where Leipzig and Rangnick would at the very best consider making themselves look like fool by giving away their superstar despite a comfortable financial position and CL football. After digging deeper on forums and talking to RB fans I find only 150 Mio. € will make Rangnick "wet". I stated it before: A lot points towards RB not selling Keita and Liverpool - fully aware of it - just offering to show Keita their appreciation so that comes next year he might be emotionally sold for Liverpool. (Liverpool did this with Klopp the same way, just as a note)

Liverpool will go for VVD and Aubameyang, though I don't think we really need a one-dimensional (speed) player that won't help us in 80% of the games where we have to play 11 opponents in the box.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #804: Jul 16, 2017 10:23:01 pm
      I've enjoyed everyone flipping out about us not offering be asking price, but the figure quoted was £65m... Leipzig have been asking for €70m.
      On the current (admittedly googled) exchange rate, our improved offer is €74m, which is €4m over what they asked for... that's not lowballing.
      Leipzig wanted £70m. We offered £65m.

Quick Reply