Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 191821 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #805: Jul 16, 2017 10:34:14 pm
      Guys it really does sound pretty daft when you say stuff like "Leipzig would accept £70m, if we'd offered that in the first place this deal would be done" or words similar.

If we offered £70m to begin with the most likely scenario is that we'd end up paying considerably more, it's almost accepted practise that in negotiations the first offer is flatly refused, especially when you're not actively selling. If someone ever wants to buy something off you when you're not advertising, for god sake knock back their first offer, that's just as basic as it gets.

So while FSG frustrate the hell out of me with their negotiating technique, the way it's playing out since the initial bid was lodged has to be accepted and as long as we go in with an improved offer then we will be most definitely testing Leipzig's resolve and all the noises/vibes/rumours/reliable tweets seem to suggest that this deal has a high chance of actually happening. This is the statement signing we've all been looking for and would most definitely push us on to the next level.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #806: Jul 16, 2017 11:15:46 pm
      A possible bidding war? Run FSG! Run!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #807: Jul 16, 2017 11:33:35 pm
      Guys it really does sound pretty daft when you say stuff like "Leipzig would accept £70m, if we'd offered that in the first place this deal would be done" or words similar.

If we offered £70m to begin with the most likely scenario is that we'd end up paying considerably more, it's almost accepted practise that in negotiations the first offer is flatly refused, especially when you're not actively selling. If someone ever wants to buy something off you when you're not advertising, for god sake knock back their first offer, that's just as basic as it gets.

So while FSG frustrate the hell out of me with their negotiating technique, the way it's playing out since the initial bid was lodged has to be accepted and as long as we go in with an improved offer then we will be most definitely testing Leipzig's resolve and all the noises/vibes/rumours/reliable tweets seem to suggest that this deal has a high chance of actually happening. This is the statement signing we've all been looking for and would most definitely push us on to the next level.

Is there a buyout clause that triggers next Summer? Soz if I've missed it or if I've even dreamt it.

Thought I read it somewhere a day or two ago but not sure.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #808: Jul 16, 2017 11:35:06 pm
      Is there a buyout clause that triggers next Summer? Soz if I've missed it or if I've even dreamt it.

Thought I read it somewhere a day or two ago but not sure.

Yes mate, think it's £42m, from memory. (Definitely in the 40's)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #809: Jul 16, 2017 11:44:43 pm
      A possible bidding war? Run FSG! Run!

A probably non existent bidding war intent on upping the fee
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #810: Jul 16, 2017 11:51:44 pm
      A probably non existent bidding war intent on upping the fee

There was an article in the Guinean press quoting Neiby's agent saying City came to him last week and was sniffing around and the agent/player told him he only want's LFC...take it with a grain of salt as the validity of the Guinean press might be questionable.

A new development in the transfer saga is that Manchester City have contacted Naby Keïta’s agent. This is according to foot224.com journalist Amadou Makadji, who claims that the 22-year-old only wants Liverpool.

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2017/07/15/manchester-city-want-keita-wants-liverpool/

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #811: Jul 17, 2017 12:03:28 am
      Yes mate, think it's £42m, from memory. (Definitely in the 40's)

mcarz mentioned it was for German clubs (Bayern :p) only.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #812: Jul 17, 2017 12:56:28 am
      mcarz mentioned it was for German clubs (Bayern :p) only.

And the sporting director says there is none at all.

Ie...nobody knows and nobody probably ever will.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #813: Jul 17, 2017 02:08:38 am

no, it is just standard here that first bids refused. It allows for other teams to push it up.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #814: Jul 17, 2017 02:24:18 am
      There was an article in the Guinean press quoting Neiby's agent saying City came to him last week and was sniffing around and the agent/player told him he only want's LFC...take it with a grain of salt as the validity of the Guinean press might be questionable.

A new development in the transfer saga is that Manchester City have contacted Naby Keïta’s agent. This is according to foot224.com journalist Amadou Makadji, who claims that the 22-year-old only wants Liverpool.

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2017/07/15/manchester-city-want-keita-wants-liverpool/

That source is basically where most of this speculation is coming from to start with. It's where Joyce has been getting his info so if it's not reliable this whole thing is a sham. ;D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #815: Jul 17, 2017 07:49:13 am
      no, it is just standard here that first bids refused. It allows for other teams to push it up.

If your first bid is accepted you're doing something wrong.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #816: Jul 17, 2017 08:51:05 am
      Whilst this is not strictly true, it is a very good way of looking at things.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #817: Jul 17, 2017 09:12:18 am
      Whilst this is not strictly true, it is a very good way of looking at things.
      I dont generally see our rivals signings in the paper until it is close to completion. With us it gets plastered over the papers as soon as there is a small setback. If we are to go in with lower offers to start with it's a shame it has to be such big news infront of our rivals.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #818: Jul 17, 2017 12:40:21 pm
      I dont generally see our rivals signings in the paper until it is close to completion. With us it gets plastered over the papers as soon as there is a small setback. If we are to go in with lower offers to start with it's a shame it has to be such big news infront of our rivals.
      Been thinking about this, is it just us, or is it the case that it seems it isn't other clubs because we don't follow them? I mean, if anything, I tend to see a lot more talk on Sky about Citeh, Chelsea, Utd etc.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #819: Jul 17, 2017 01:38:14 pm

There is no doubt whatever mate the player is a next level job but unfortunately it is FSG's negotiating techniques traits that are our Achilles heel.

We all know the boot sale routine with the unrealistic asking price as no more than a joke, if it was taken as set boot sales would disappear.
      Sometime or other FSG have got to get shut of the F**k ups - the F***ing transfer committee as it is which is more of a F***ing hindrance than a help and most importantly of all pay the money to improve our prospects.

A common factor with those two anomalies is they both negate the outlay of any sizeable amounts of dosh, a very agreeable proposition for JWH&Co but in the long term disastrous for LFC. 
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #820: Jul 17, 2017 02:56:25 pm
      With Lucas now leaving signing Keita is imperative.

we thought ...or should I say the club assumed ... we were getting Sanchez after Suarez went ...and we all know what happened there.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #821: Jul 17, 2017 03:06:57 pm
      Totally contradictory reports on The Echo blog today about this move. One says the club have doubled down on not selling and that Keita accepts this, another says that club execs plan to sell him and are just waiting for the next bid. Who knows what is going on.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #822: Jul 17, 2017 03:08:35 pm
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #823: Jul 17, 2017 03:16:01 pm

Or right... 🙉🙈🙊

... but only if, you genuinely want and can afford the thing you're bidding on.

Oh... and... obviously, only if others are interested too.

Take say Salah (for e.g.) say you believe that you're the only f**ker interested and you offer, what's seen as, a derisory, unacceptable, sum then some other c**t comes in and grabs him with their "opening bid".

You were 'wrong' they were 'right'... (if you really wanted him, that is.) 😉
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #824: Jul 17, 2017 04:45:00 pm

Or right... 🙉🙈🙊

... but only if, you genuinely want and can afford the thing you're bidding on.

Oh... and... obviously, only if others are interested too.

Take say Salah (for e.g.) say you believe that you're the only f**ker interested and you offer, what's seen as, a derisory, unacceptable, sum then some other c**t comes in and grabs him with their "opening bid".

You were 'wrong' they were 'right'... (if you really wanted him, that is.) 😉

If you have your first offer accepted, then you're overpaying may have been a more accurate statement.
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #825: Jul 17, 2017 05:38:27 pm
      Totally contradictory reports on The Echo blog today about this move. One says the club have doubled down on not selling and that Keita accepts this, another says that club execs plan to sell him and are just waiting for the next bid. Who knows what is going on.

Agreed, every time I read about it the position has changed. I assume that as we are still in for him we must think there is a realistic chance of signing him. My fear is that we pursue it 'til the end and still miss out and it will be too late to sign anyone else who's half decent.
      I have faith that Jürgen knows what he's doing, wether the transfer committee are equally as competent I have grave doubts!
      Hopefully we have an alternative identified and a time frame after which we move on!

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #826: Jul 17, 2017 06:04:53 pm
      Hopefully we have an alternative identified and a time frame after which we move on!

There is no alternate to Keita and the gaffer has pretty much said if he can't get what he wants then he is not going to just go get another body just to fill space. The CB situation is probably different simply because we are short on CB's to begin with but I don't see him going out to nab another mid-fielder just for shits and grins when we have Henderson, Can, Lallana, Coutinho & Gini....any player we get at that position is going to have to be better than what is currently starting.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #827: Jul 17, 2017 06:48:11 pm
      http://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/man-utd-enter-the-race-to-sign-naby-keita

Apprently United have entered the race for Keita, where upon they'll probably slap down £70 milliion straight up, no ridiculous payment structures and get the deal over the line by the end of the week.

Quick Reply