Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 196903 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #966: Jul 19, 2017 06:07:35 pm
      This bit from this line from this post ensures I will be in a good mood for the rest of the day, the rest of the week maybe.

I can't even remember what we were talking about, but just once in my life I am going to utter this phrase. Brilliant.

;D pleased i brightened up your day/week.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #967: Jul 19, 2017 06:40:02 pm
      Tell you what... the FSG massive are never short of an excuse or two. 🙉🙈🙊

It shouldn't come as a surprise, I guess, given the amount of time they've had to hone that particular talent.

Exactly why they feel compelled to do it... now that's a different matter. 😒
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #968: Jul 19, 2017 06:53:42 pm
      I did, and not only in this post, but in the original post he quoted.

The thing people are complaining about is not necessarily this deal alone, it is something that has been play for years.

The team wants a CB, the team needs a CB. The catch is that the only CB they want is Van Dijk who they were caught tapping up, who they never made a formal offer for, and an apology, a public apology was offered.

The teams wants Naby Keita. RB Leipzig not only say he is not for sale, their manager, CEO, Sporting Director and owner all utter the same things, they end up knocking down all offers for him.

Tell me, if you cannot get any of these players for any myriad of reasons, what do you do? You move on to another target because these were players being targeted for the first team.

If you do not have alternative targets, what does that tell you? That you did not plan well enough, and that you might have overplayed your hand in thinking that they would join regardless. It is a failure to plan for unexpected outcomes, and that as they say is planning to fail.

Some people are talking about a player in particular. That does not get us anywhere because this is a systemic issue that has plagued the team for years. You cannot get anywhere with confidence unless the underlying problems are addressed.

You just like everyone else on the forum don't know the inner workings of LFC never mind how a transfer deal is carried out.

How do you know we don't have alternative targets?
      Just because we are holding out for what seems like is our primary targets is something posters have consistently berated the club over walking away from big transfers.

No doubt there is timelines when the club will look at other targets, Klopp has said as much.

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,939 posts | 285 
      Reply #969: Jul 19, 2017 06:58:32 pm
      Balls in Keita's court. Only way he's moving is if he submits a transfer request due to being priced out of the market. Hopefully he kops on...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #970: Jul 19, 2017 07:08:39 pm
      We did not offer 70m for Keita. Chelsea just signed Morata for 70m.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #971: Jul 19, 2017 07:17:35 pm
      So.. anyone got any alternatives to Keita?

I just don't see us going for another midfielder, this lad basically did the role of two and besides Kante I don't see another player currently who does it as well. I hope the 'release clause' if there is one applies to premier league clubs and I hope we do back in for this lad because he's absolutely perfect for us.

As it is I wont give up total hope about this one but it's certainly sounding a lot less promising.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,507 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #972: Jul 19, 2017 07:23:22 pm

You could start an argument in a graveyard
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #973: Jul 19, 2017 07:30:05 pm

So you realize that when clubs in Europe say we will sell a player for 70 million they are talking ā‚¬ right?

There's an article in the telegraph where within 2 lines of each other it says we bid Ā£70,000,000 and then it says the club owners say they got a bid for ā‚¬75,000,000.

So was it ā‚¬75,000,000.00 or Ā£70,000,000?

And when RBL said they would sell for no less than 70,000,000  were they talking Ā£ or ā‚¬?

If it was reported in the Chinese press would it have been Ā„

If this was done on the dark web maybe they would want bitcoin?

One things for sure...you really don't engage mind very often.

Liverpool have Ā£70 million Keita offer rejected

Liverpool have had an extraordinary offer of Ā£70 million for Naby Keita rejected by Red Bull Leipzig.

The Bundesliga side have stated throughout the summer they are unwilling to sell their midfielder ā€“ and they are not interested in negotiating with the Merseysiders. Now the latest approach, almost doubling Liverpoolā€™s current club-record deal of Ā£36 million for Mohamed Salah, has been rebuffed.

Leipzigā€™s stance has never changed and the refusal to accept such an offer further demonstrates JĆ¼rgen Kloppā€™s difficulty securing his prime summer target.

Speaking to German media today, Leipzig owner Dietrich Mateschitz reiterated the view Liverpool are wasting their time trying to sign Keita this summer.

ā€œWe donā€™t sell any of our players just to get money,ā€ he told Bild.

ā€œLately we got a ā‚¬75m offer for Naby Keita. No way! He has a contract and he will accomplish it.

ā€œTo sell him would not only be a proof of distrust to our fans but also the wrong sign for our players like Timo Werner, who is in demand too.ā€

Mateschitzā€™s comment contradicts some claims, none of which have ever been verified in either Germany or England, that there was a difference of opinion between Leipzigā€™s executive team and sporting director on whether to sell Keita.

The public statements from Leipzig have been consistent ever since Liverpool made their first approach and the rejection of such a huge offer will leave Klopp mulling his options.

Keita has not yet spoken about this situation so it is unclear whether he will push any harder for a move, or even if that will make any difference.

Earlier this week, Klopp said he was reluctant to switch from his No 1 target, but admitted he might eventually have no choice if there was no possibility of securing a deal.

However, Kloppā€™s comments made it clear that would be a last resort as he only wanted the right players, not just someone who will appease those clamouring for more action in the transfer market.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/268960-liverpool-have-70-million-keita-offer-rejected
      « Last Edit: Jul 19, 2017 07:43:58 pm by AZPatriot »
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #974: Jul 19, 2017 07:37:12 pm

Ā£70 million is a figure Bild plucked out of the air. No one in Leizpig has said anything other than he's not for sale. Might a Ā£70 mill bid change their mind? Perhaps but what if it doesn't? Do we then bid eighty? Ninety? One hundred million? If the player is not for sale and the player refuses to force through his own transfer then there is very little the club can do other than move on to another target. The problem is we all know another target is going to be less effective in either attack or defence when compared to Keita who is effective in both.

So you realize that when clubs in Europe say we will sell a player for 70 million they are talking ā‚¬ right?

There's an article in the telegraph where within 2 lines of each other it says we bid Ā£70,000,000 and then it says the club owners say they got a bid for ā‚¬75,000,000.

Ā£66 million. Chris Bascombe tweeted a clarification about it right after the article hit.

Chris Bascombeā€Verified account @_ChrisBascombe  10h

Chris Bascombe Retweeted Chris Bascombe
      Just to clarify ā€“ & those who very kindly clicked on story and read it will be aware (thanks) ā€“ it was Ā£66m.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,229 posts | 1109 
      Reply #975: Jul 19, 2017 07:39:15 pm

I just don't see us going for another midfielder, this lad basically did the role of two and besides Kante I don't see another player currently who does it as well. I hope the 'release clause' if there is one applies to premier league clubs and I hope we do back in for this lad because he's absolutely perfect for us.

As it is I wont give up total hope about this one but it's certainly sounding a lot less promising.

I just read Geoffrey Kondogbia from Inter Milan may be a plan B. Click bate? Real life? Who knows?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #976: Jul 19, 2017 07:43:44 pm

And when RBL said they would sell for no less than 70,000,000  were they talking Ā£ or ā‚¬?

Liverpool have had an extraordinary offer of Ā£70 million for Naby Keita rejected by Red Bull Leipzig.

The Bundesliga side have stated throughout the summer they are unwilling to sell their midfielder ā€“ and they are not interested in negotiating with the Merseysiders. Now the latest approach, almost doubling Liverpoolā€™s current club-record deal of Ā£36 million for Mohamed Salah, has been rebuffed.

Leipzigā€™s stance has never changed and the refusal to accept such an offer further demonstrates JĆ¼rgen Kloppā€™s difficulty securing his prime summer target.

Speaking to German media today, Leipzig owner Dietrich Mateschitz reiterated the view Liverpool are wasting their time trying to sign Keita this summer.

ā€œLately we got a ā‚¬75m offer for Naby Keita. No way! He has a contract and he will accomplish it.

ā€œTo sell him would not only be a proof of distrust to our fans but also the wrong sign for our players like Timo Werner, who is in demand too.ā€

Mateschitzā€™s comment contradicts some claims, none of which have ever been verified in either Germany or England, that there was a difference of opinion between Leipzigā€™s executive team and sporting director on whether to sell Keita.

The public statements from Leipzig have been consistent ever since Liverpool made their first approach and the rejection of such a huge offer will leave Klopp mulling his options.

Keita has not yet spoken about this situation so it is unclear whether he will push any harder for a move, or even if that will make any difference.

Earlier this week, Klopp said he was reluctant to switch from his No 1 target, but admitted he might eventually have no choice if there was no possibility of securing a deal.

However, Kloppā€™s comments made it clear that would be a last resort as he only wanted the right players, not just someone who will appease those clamouring for more action in the transfer market.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/268960-liverpool-have-70-million-keita-offer-rejected
      liverpoolfc.com quoted telegraph as their source. Telegraph clearly says 66m. 75m euro is 66m. One month ago Leipzig said 70m and we have not bid 70m. Whoever made this headline needs their position re assessing because in the article it said

ā€œLately we got a ā‚¬75m offer for Naby Keita. No way! He has a contract and he will accomplish it."

75,000,000 EUR = 66,317,065.60

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=75%2C000%2C000&From=EUR&To=GBP

It seems Telegraph amended their article after liverpoolfc.com copied the mistake.

« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2017 07:48:41 pm by Ribapuru »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #977: Jul 19, 2017 07:46:18 pm
      liverpoolfc.com quoted telegraph as their source. Telegraph clearly says 66m. 75m euro is 66m. One month ago Leipzig said 70m and we have not bid 70m.

FFS Riba the telegraph piece on the Offal says Ā£70,000,000 can you f**king read or are you just a total dipshit?

It's like trying to talk to a bowl of jello...swear to god.

Source: Telegraph

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2017 07:50:43 pm by AZPatriot »
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #978: Jul 19, 2017 07:46:48 pm

I'd rather wait for keita. If we reach some kind of agreement with him now. And make him sign some kind of pre Contract which is binding.
      But I can assure you if he has a good season, then the bigger fish then us will come for him.

Who knows maybe rbl will sell him in Jan. And God knows we don't do business in winter windows.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #979: Jul 19, 2017 07:50:02 pm
      FFS Riba the telegraph piece on the Offal says Ā£70,000,000 can you f**king read or are you just a total dipshit?

Source: Telegraph

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

75m Euro is not 70m pound, did you even read the article? that is a mistake which telegraph have since corrected.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #980: Jul 19, 2017 07:52:49 pm
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/19/liverpool-have-extraordinary-70-million-offer-naby-keita-rejected/

Liverpool have incredible Ā£66 million offer for Naby Keita rejected by Red Bull Leipzig

0 Comments

Naby Keita is wanted badly by JĆ¼rgen Klopp Credit: REUTERS

Steph Reid proves an inspiration to all
      Gold medal-winning long jumper, Stef Reid, says her success is evidence of the legacy of London 2012  Read more ā€ŗ
      Sponsored
       Chris Bascombe
      19 July 2017 ā€¢ 9:00am
      L
      iverpool have had an extraordinary offer of Ā£66 million for Naby Keita rejected by RB Leipzig.

Anybody who thinks 75m euro is 70m pounds has no grounds to work for any news paper. shocking all round.
      Telegraphs mistake and then other people reposting and not even picking up on the error.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #981: Jul 19, 2017 07:53:40 pm
      It's interesting that the information came from RBLs side, it seems we've been more tight lipped on transfers since VvD which is good.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #982: Jul 19, 2017 07:56:23 pm
      DID YOU KNOW WHEN LEPZIG SAID THEY WANTED 70 MILLION WERE THEY ASKING FOR IT IN POUNDS>>>>IF SO COULD YOU PLEASE PROVIDE THE QUOTE FROM LEIPZIG SAYING SO?

IF YOU CANNOT PROVIDE A QUOTE FROM LEIPZIG PLEASE TELL US WHERE YOU GOT YOUR INSIDE INFORMATION ON THE FORM OF PAYMENT CURRENCY THEY REQUESTED.

LAST TIME I CHECKED ALL THE CLUBS IN EUROPE USE ā‚¬ AS A CURRENCY AND STATE AS SUCH IN ALL TRANSFER DEALINGS.
      HERE IT IS https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/26/liverpool-naby-keita-rb-leipzig-offer
      As per Telegraphs correction, our highest bid is 66.3m and Leipzig said a month ago they wont accept less than 70m.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #983: Jul 19, 2017 07:59:39 pm

Leipzig insist they wonā€™t sell Naby Keita to Liverpool for ā‚¬100million

Red Bull Leipzig are adamant that they will not sell Naby Keita to Liverpool, even for a fee of ā‚¬100million (Ā£87.8million).

Keita is understood to be keen on a switch to the Reds, after manager JĆ¼rgen Klopp made the midfielder his No 1 transfer target.

It is only normal that there is interest in our players after a season like this, also because of what guys like Keita and [Emil] Forsberg have done for their national teams. That does not change our stance.

Where did you get that news from? Seems they can't get figures right either. 100m Euro is Ā£88.4m.. not that it looks credible without a link.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #984: Jul 19, 2017 08:00:05 pm
      HERE IT IS https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/26/liverpool-naby-keita-rb-leipzig-offer
      As per Telegraphs correction, our highest bid is 66.3m and Leipzig said a month ago they wont accept less than 70m.

Then why in every Leipzig statement do they talk in Euro's Riba....or are the papers just coming up with numbers?

Red Bull Leipzig are adamant that they will not sell Naby Keita to Liverpool, even for a fee of ā‚¬100million (Ā£87.8million).

Keita is understood to be keen on a switch to the Reds, after manager JĆ¼rgen Klopp made the midfielder his No 1 transfer target.

It is only normal that there is interest in our players after a season like this, also because of what guys like Keita and [Emil] Forsberg have done for their national teams. That does not change our stance.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/07/07/leipzig-insist-wont-sell-naby-keita-liverpool-e100million/
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #985: Jul 19, 2017 08:03:08 pm
      Then why in every Leipzig statement do they talk in Euro's Riba....or are the papers just coming up with numbers?

http://dailypost.ng/2017/07/07/leipzig-insist-wont-sell-naby-keita-liverpool-e100million/
      dailypost? might as well type it yourself. I will stick with my guardian information that says Ā£70m. It is strictly not true about what you said about all clubs in Europe using Euro for transfers. PL to PL is using Ā£ not Euro. I would not imagine Lukaku transfer being done in Euros.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #986: Jul 19, 2017 08:06:52 pm

[/news]
      Because Leipzig are in Germany which use Euro. I don't care if it is Euro, Pound, US Dollar or Indian Rupees... the fact is currency is transferable. It is a mute point. Guardian said 70m was asking price because it is easier for UK readers to read. Telegraph said we bid Ā£66.3m. We are 3.7m short of the asking price as per one month ago.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #987: Jul 19, 2017 08:09:28 pm
      Because Leipzig are in Germany which use Euro. I don't care if it is Euro, Pound, US Dollar or Indian Rupees... the fact is currency is transferable. It is a mute point. Guardian said 70m was asking price because it is easier for UK readers to read. Telegraph said we bid Ā£66.3m. We are 3.7m short of the asking price as per one month ago.

So basically  what the telegraph says is correct, though your shocked on the errors they make. the post is garbage so it shouldn't be believed and whatever one suits your purpose is the correct one.

Got it...well thank god cnn doesn't report football transfers...you'd be in a dizzy.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #988: Jul 19, 2017 08:12:57 pm
      So basically  what the telegraph says is correct, though your shocked on the errors they make. the post is garbage so it shouldn't be believed and whatever one suits your purpose is the correct one.

Got it...well thank god cnn doesn't report football transfers...you'd be in a dizzy.
      Facepalm. Telegraph posted Ā£70m, they since corrected it to Ā£66m. Within the time the mistake was active, liverpoolfc.com copied that mistake but they have yet to correct it. If you check the telegraph now, it clearly says Ā£66m.

Quick Reply