Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 193725 times
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #1035: Jul 20, 2017 09:49:08 am
      You just like everyone else on the forum don't know the inner workings of LFC never mind how a transfer deal is carried out.
      I do not think that there is anyone in this forum that has come out and said that they know the inner workings of the club. What people are forming an assumption/educated guess/conclusion on is history and what gets reported in the media.

How do you know we don't have alternative targets?
      Just because we are holding out for what seems like is our primary targets is something posters have consistently berated the club over walking away from big transfers.
      Florentino Perez in 2009 wanted Ribery as part of his galactico project, Bayern did not want to sell. I remember reading at the time that they had slapped an unrealistic fee of €100M, and Florentino Perez move on.

In 2011, Daniel Levy refused to sell Luka Modric to Chelsea, or any other team. The player gave an account of how the chairman broke a gentleman's agreement (whether true or false, we will never know) and Chelsea would go on and sign players like Meireles and Mata with Modric leaving for Real Madrid the following season.

Chris Bascombe wrote this on Leipzig's stance

The Bundesliga side have stated throughout the summer they are unwilling to sell their midfielder – and they are not interested in negotiating with the Merseysiders. Now the latest approach, almost doubling Liverpool’s current club-record deal of £36 million for Mohamed Salah, has been rebuffed.

Leipzig’s stance has never changed and the refusal to accept such an offer further demonstrates Jürgen Klopp’s difficulty securing his prime summer target.
      Essentially, this was the stance that has been consistent with Leipzig since the start of the window. The only place we read of them encouraging Liverpool to bid was Twitter, it was also the only place we read of a supposed split in the hierarchy over a potential sale of the player. None of that in the media.

So, at what point does a team move on?

No doubt there is timelines when the club will look at other targets, Klopp has said as much.
      No one would expect anything different. Question is, how good are the alternatives to the priority targets? I am not talking price, big name etc, just overall quality.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1036: Jul 20, 2017 09:51:13 am
      I am thinking our striking is okay.
      You may be right but if the good fairy came down and gave us Suarez, Aguero and Lewendowski do you reckon we could find a place for them? 🤔😄

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1037: Jul 20, 2017 09:56:45 am
      You may be right but if the good fairy came down and gave us Suarez, Aguero and Lewendowski do you reckon we could find a place for them? 🤔😄
      I would sell Ings and loan Woodburn out and use Lallana in midfield only and get rid of Henderson.
      I would be disappointed if we payed over 25m for a player over 29 though.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1038: Jul 20, 2017 09:57:46 am
      If we bid that and if they accept it, I'll be gobsmacked. Can't believe we would bid that much for a player and can't believe they'll accept it after all the posturing they've done.

If he brings number 19 to Anfield he will be worth every pound or Euro if that's what currency is required.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #1039: Jul 20, 2017 10:24:04 am
      I would sell Ings and loan Woodburn out and use Lallana in midfield only and get rid of Henderson.

Why would you get rid of Hendo?

Even if he's not a regular starter in future he's still a very valuable squad player.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1040: Jul 20, 2017 10:30:19 am
      So... "yes" then. 😉

Point being; there's always room for better players [and ergo, improvement].
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1041: Jul 20, 2017 10:39:54 am
      We should introduce a world wide red bull ban for all Liverpool fans, F**k em.

Ha ha... love it AND, thanks to Fatso, we already have our slogan - "Red Bull gives you the shiiits." 😄
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1042: Jul 20, 2017 11:20:13 am
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1043: Jul 20, 2017 11:20:22 am
      Again, scoring goals is not an issue for us.

Agreed, bud.

I dont think signing one left back and promoting TAA will solve our issues. We need a CB or two. Probably a keeper as well (which won't happen).

I'm happy with our options in the opposition's half when all are fit. It's the other side of the pitch that worries me.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1044: Jul 20, 2017 11:36:22 am
      Again, scoring goals is not an issue for us.

Sorry but it is for our "Strikers", with the exception of a fit Sturridge none of them are prolific.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1045: Jul 20, 2017 11:37:30 am

I think this is what's pissing people off more than anything in this transfer. Constant contradictory breifs from journalists. Last night we're going back in with a £70 mill bid, this morning we're moving on because we can't get it done. Which is it?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1046: Jul 20, 2017 11:43:25 am
      Does this business of low balling and having bids rejected happen often at other clubs?

I honestly don't pay attention to transfers of other clubs until they're done.  Such and such club have agreed to purchase so and so.  Did City have any bids for Walker rejected at first, did the Mancs for Lukaku?  The only similar situation I can remember was with Bale, I feel like Madrid had several bids rejected by Spurs at first.

Seems like other clubs go in when they want a player and right off the bat they make the selling club an offer they can't refuse. 

Whereas we go in, even when we know how much a club wants for a player, and bid lower than their asking price (we did the same with Salah). 

It's a bit cringeworthy to be honest.  If we really want a player then we should put the money on the goddamn table.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #1047: Jul 20, 2017 11:48:20 am
      Sorry but it is for our "Strikers", with the exception of a fit Sturridge none of them are prolific.

Well considering Klopp has barely utilised an out and out striker how are we supposed to know if our strikers are prolific?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1048: Jul 20, 2017 11:56:55 am
      Does this business of low balling and having bids rejected happen often at other clubs?

I honestly don't pay attention to transfers of other clubs until they're done.  Such and such club have agreed to purchase so and so.  Did City have any bids for Walker rejected at first, did the Mancs for Lukaku?  The only similar situation I can remember was with Bale, I feel like Madrid had several bids rejected by Spurs at first.

Seems like other clubs go in when they want a player and right off the bat they make the selling club an offer they can't refuse. 

Whereas we go in, even when we know how much a club wants for a player, and bid lower than their asking price (we did the same with Salah). 

It's a bit cringeworthy to be honest.  If we really want a player then we should put the money on the goddamn table.

£66 million is lowballing? I've heard it all now. What part of "We will not sell this player this Summer" is unclear? I've long been a critic of FSG (or more precisely their business plan and underinvestment in the team) but in this transfer they've been faultless. Do you honestly think any business negotiation starts with a high bid? Some people just want to criticise FSG for the sake of it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,427 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1049: Jul 20, 2017 12:10:37 pm

A one man midfield.?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1050: Jul 20, 2017 12:20:29 pm
      Here comes Reddy again to tell us what we already know for the 100th time this transfer window. ITK.. yeah right.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1051: Jul 20, 2017 12:24:59 pm

In what universe is £66million lowballing when the players value is estimated at £70 million or do you always pay full price and never haggle?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1052: Jul 20, 2017 12:26:43 pm
      Well considering Klopp has barely utilised an out and out striker how are we supposed to know if our strikers are prolific?

Oh I'm sorry I thought Firmino played quite a few games last season, I must have been mistaken. Can you imagine having Suarez or Torres playing in Firmino's position, F**k me we'd be walking every single game
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1053: Jul 20, 2017 12:34:20 pm
      genuinely think this could be a publicity stunt to get fans on the owners side. a lot of fans just seem happy to be linked with big money bids, they think these links are proof the owners will now drop 70million pounds on one player. there is no proof, there is no 70mil signing, we will not make these big signings. the idea that RB Leipzig would sell Keita or Forsberg was stupid a month ago and is stupid now, nothing has changed. it'd be like us selling Hendo or Coutinho, we wouldn't at this stage, even if Red Bull whatever came in with 70mil. same scenario for them. we're not selling Sturridge cos it'd be too expensive to get a replacement in, similar deal, even if they sell they have no time to get a replacement in, they'd significantly weaken.

the story will go up and down before Keita stays, and these people will apologise for FSG under the illusion that "they did everything they could". we will sign 3 more players (not including Robertson) for healthy money, probably have a tiny overall net spend as usual. selling Sakho and Markovic will create most of our budget which we'll put into a new CM or two. the owners will splash some of their money on VvD but that deal will be instalments anyway so it's not like they'll drop 50+ on him in one window, more like over two years. i wish people would just be fine with money and not care about "winning" the transfer window spending!

This is all that is wrong with Liverpool fans right now.

Bidding 70 million is a publicity stunt :lmao:. Sure and the government are spraying chemtrails and big foot works for the CIA
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1054: Jul 20, 2017 12:46:06 pm
      In what universe is £66million lowballing when the players value is estimated at £70 million or do you always pay full price and never haggle?
      The first offer was lowball, £57 million. When the second offer still is 4m short of valuation, it is kinda low ball. We still didn't offer 70m so we are keeping our rep as lowball Liverpool.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,427 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1055: Jul 20, 2017 01:39:14 pm
      The first offer was lowball, £57 million. When the second offer still is 4m short of valuation, it is kinda low ball. We still didn't offer 70m so we are keeping our rep as lowball Liverpool.

What a load of balls
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1056: Jul 20, 2017 01:45:51 pm

Are you on the board of Leipzig.

Stop talking sh*te.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,254 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1057: Jul 20, 2017 01:52:49 pm
      I see were still acting like cowboys. Offer 50 have it turned down. Offer 52 have it turned down and so on. How about if we really want the player pay the f**king price his club want.

Quick Reply