Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 191927 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #1058: Jul 20, 2017 02:03:54 pm
      Perhaps we're going for the longest negotiation of a non-sale in football history?

Apparently we're going to take a few days now to discuss our options, sounds encouraging! F**k it, take the week boys, no rush.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1059: Jul 20, 2017 02:24:22 pm
      I see were still acting like cowboys. Offer 50 have it turned down. Offer 52 have it turned down and so on. How about if we really want the player pay the f**king price his club want.

Would you rather the club overpaid for all its players? i suspect you'd be having a bit of a moan about that to wouldn't you? Moan moan moan that is the average fan these days, utterly pathetic.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1060: Jul 20, 2017 02:31:23 pm
      Would you rather the club overpaid for all its players? i suspect you'd be having a bit of a moan about that to wouldn't you? Moan moan moan that is the average fan these days, utterly pathetic.

So he is "pathetic" because you have a hunch. Dear oh dear, you're not very good at debate. Calm down.

I happen to agree with Brian. Our transfer policy could definitely be improved and that's not moaning, it's an observation.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1061: Jul 20, 2017 02:49:09 pm
      So he is "pathetic" because you have a hunch. Dear oh dear, you're not very good at debate. Calm down.

I happen to agree with Brian. Our transfer policy could definitely be improved and that's not moaning, it's an observation.

Out of interest how would you improve our transfer policy? What i call pathetic is people moaning about the owners at every given opportunity, now that is childish in my opinion.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1062: Jul 20, 2017 02:50:20 pm
      This is a theme and debate that seems to be recurring... We now are apparently known as "lowballers" and yet 5/6/7 years ago we were signing Andy Carroll for £35m (imagine what that would have cost now!!) and Stewart Downing for £20m. Back then we were known as a club that you could absolutely take for a ride and Newcastle knew it when we asked them how much for Carroll and we offered the £35m straight away.

It's never good to piss off clubs by offering derisory fees but equally you don't want to be known as a club that immediately agrees to whatever price the selling club has put on their player. Especially now, with this insane premium that any foreign club is putting on their players if a Premiership team comes in for him.

There's a balance to be had and it certainly does seem that following FSG being stung a little in those Comolli years we've decided to swing the pendulum the other way and now insist on drawn out negotiations wherever we go. It'd be good if we could strike that balance as soon as possible.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1063: Jul 20, 2017 02:50:51 pm

And a correct observation at that as well.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1064: Jul 20, 2017 02:50:55 pm
      The first offer was lowball, £57 million. When the second offer still is 4m short of valuation, it is kinda low ball. We still didn't offer 70m so we are keeping our rep as lowball Liverpool.

Unbelievable the amount of ridiculous comments on this forum. How many times does it have to be repeated that £70 million is a figure that was reported by Bild and immedaitely refuted by Leipzig as "not even a three figure bid" would entice them to sell. The initial fee was simply to test the water, see if they where receptive to offers of a higher value despite the rhetoric. We went in with a higher bid because clearly there were indications from somewhere that they would be receptive to more money, indications I'm certain beyond doubt didn't come from reading a German Tabloid.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1065: Jul 20, 2017 03:03:31 pm
      We know that Southampton threatened to make a report that Van Dijk was tapped up. We know that it was reported that they had evidence that was damning that forced the club to retreat.

What happened with Fulham and Dempsey where the team was forced to apologize? Why is there a suspended transfer ban hanging on the team because of a deal involving a minor from Stoke? Is there another owner anywhere who has a team that has done all these, and came out to say that he did not think that clauses have any value (I could understand not selling to Arsenal, just could not understand why Henry saw it fit to make those statements)?

You cannot have so many of these things happening if you are doing he right thing.
      What do other teams do in the market? Do they just buy players without a plan?

The aim of any team in the market is to get better, sometimes to even get younger, sometimes to achieve both. This does not simply apply to the first team, it also applies to adding depth.
      Chelsea have gone from wanting to replace Diego Costa with Lukaku, to getting Morata. From Van Dijk to Rudiger. Both fill a need; on one hand they replace a striker who wanted out, on the other they get a CB far younger than most they have in their team. If both pan out, they are better.

United are going from Ibrahimovic, to wanting Griezmann, to wanting Morata, to landing Lukaku. The alternative would be to go into next season with Ibrahimovic who is coming from an ACL injury. They did not get who they wanted, but they got a player who is one of the best strikers in the league.

If you honestly believe that statement, then you will buy anything a team says. I do not believe that Naby Keita is the only midfielder that improve on this Liverpool midfield; I cannot fathom that Van Dijk is the only defender in world football who can improve on Lovren, Klavan and Matip. Not having an alternative, a quality alternative points to a distinct lack of planning. Feel free to argue otherwise.How many teams do you know leak that they are interested in a player then go for weeks without ever making a bid.........scrap that, end up not making a formal approach? How many teams will leak information that they are interested in players for the coming window and see all of them stay/move to other teams?
      How many managers will come out and say otherwise if that was the case, and in public?

You think Pochetinno doesn't want new players in, or is the impending stadium build hampering how Spurs can operate in the market?
      You think that Wenger all those years didn't want to spend money, or is it a wonder that they are now spending with the financial load reduced?
      You honestly think that Milan and Inter didn't want to spend on better players? Why have they been sold? Why are they now spending more? Could they have been cash strapped?

One of the things one does not do is clashing with your bosses in public. What does it say to your potential employers in future?

1) "We know it was reported" - exactly. You don't KNOW. the Stoke thing is another issue. We were talking about our transfer dealings this summer, not the seedy underbelly of youth football signings (to me that whole area starts to look like some kind of human trafficking. I remember reading a story about Dutch scouts talking excitedly into their phones while watching a player train. Player was FIVE years old." that whole area stinks, to me. Dempsey/Fulham wasn't Klopp. You have 3 things you are listing.

2)You inferred our leadership don't have a plan. I said they do. You can talk all you want about the other teams. I didn't say anything about them. why reference to buying "someone" or "anyone" is to posters on here who decide if we don't buy some set number of players (or spend some set dollar amount), it means there is no plan. By all means a team should have a plan, but to say Klopp does not because he didn't buy X, Y or Z is incorrect. And I take it Klopp is very particular in who he wants to buy. He said if he is not bidding for someone it is because he doesn't want to bid for them. You are convinced there are other players he wants and he just can't or won't bid for them. Your proof for this being it's what United do. I honestly can't help you there.

3)You are changing the subject again, insisting on your initial statement about the leaking. Prove to me this pattern of leaking and then not acting. If you show me unsourced stories saying we are interested in someone, it is not proof. Again, this is not about what other teams do.

4) So Klopp is getting the shaft from ownership but he just has to tell an entirely different story because he's afraid of what it will do to him in future job pursuits? Wow. You are deeply ITK on internal club matters. I'll choose to trust him, and to disagree with you on all four of these things.

It's really OK. People can disagree.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #1066: Jul 20, 2017 03:08:15 pm
      If we have  to make another offer  it must be  £100 m  or more  ,offer them £100m if they reject  than they really   don't  want to sell.We move  on!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #1067: Jul 20, 2017 03:17:08 pm
      And a correct observation at that as well.

'A statement of fact' is more fitting.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1068: Jul 20, 2017 03:17:37 pm
      You mighf be happy with the club acting billy big balls offering big sums but not enough. They fu**ed up the van djik deal giving it large in the press. Now theyre behaving like they are at a car auction with Keita. Upping the offer a couple of million. Ifs pathetic. If Klopp wants him the club get him they pay the demand of the other club. Obviously we arent that arsed if we get him. Dragging on for weeks now.

The difference with us and the clubs that will have trophies in may is they go and buy who they want and dont spend months barganing about it. Weve done this for years now. And you wonder why people like me get pissed off?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #1069: Jul 20, 2017 03:21:42 pm
      Perhaps we're going for the longest negotiation of a non-sale in football history?

Apparently we're going to take a few days now to discuss our options, sounds encouraging! F**k it, take the week boys, no rush.

No F***ing point either mate.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #1070: Jul 20, 2017 03:27:10 pm
      You mighf be happy with the club acting billy big balls offering big sums but not enough. They fu**ed up the van djik deal giving it large in the press. Now theyre behaving like they are at a car auction with Keita. Upping the offer a couple of million. Ifs pathetic. If Klopp wants him the club get him they pay the demand of the other club. Obviously we arent that arsed if we get him. Dragging on for weeks now.

The difference with us and the clubs that will have trophies in may is they go and buy who they want and dont spend months barganing about it. Weve done this for years now. And you wonder why people like me get pissed off?

F***ing up a bid does ensure that it isn't accepted - this on a regular basis.
      Method in the madness??
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1071: Jul 20, 2017 03:40:01 pm
      If we have  to make another offer  it must be  £100 m  or more  ,offer them £100m if they reject  than they really   don't  want to sell.We move  on!

Nah F**k that offer £200 million plus 50% share of the club.

Just to be sure like.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1072: Jul 20, 2017 03:40:54 pm
      I have been critical of the owners but posters are so blinded in they're hatred of all things FSG that it's come to the point where offering £66M is now considered low balling, other nut cases are suggesting offer them £100M.

Heads have literally dropped off.  :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1073: Jul 20, 2017 03:43:37 pm
      I don't fault FSG at all in this. I'm just dumbfounded that whoever is running this "negotiation" thinks that we actually have a chance to buy his player.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1074: Jul 20, 2017 03:49:15 pm
      I've long been a critic of FSG (or more precisely their business plan and underinvestment in the team) but in this transfer they've been faultless.
      If they have been "faultless" 5t: who is it that has fu**ed up because, clearly you believe someone has?

As you have said (a couple of times now)...

What part of "We will not sell this player this Summer" is unclear?
      refuted by Leipzig as "not even a three figure bid" would entice them to sell.

So, if not 'FSG' who, exactly, in your opinion, was F***ing stupid enough to have misread such 'clear' signals from Red Bull 5t because someone has?

Who was it that was daft enough to believe someone, other than Leipzig?

And... to the extent that they convinced Edwards to go in, not once but F***ing twice with bids?

Are we really to believe that their [FSG's] representative, was working alone and without authority?   :-\

Put it like this; it definitely wasn't the fans (those who believed  "a German Tabloid" and are being "ridiculous") that made the bid. :laugh:

If, as you say, 'FSG' really are "faultless" - who then, in the name of sweet F**k, is at fault?  :confused-smiley-013:

Think about it - WHY THE F**k would any representative (nevermind one held in such high esteem as Edwards) of the Club/FSG, go back to a Leipzig knowing full well (as it seems that even you, a layman did) that the offer would be rejected?

Hmmm... a painfully obvious PR exercise? Nah... too cynical... Sure, after watching us go back, everyone can NOW see that "we did our best" and that we just unlucky, yet again; right?   ;D

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017 04:19:51 pm by bad boy bubby »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1075: Jul 20, 2017 04:08:33 pm
      If this lot hadn't got bad luck, they'd have no luck but at least they tried; right?  :lmao:

Joking aside troops: who if anyone, do we reckon, will 'Jürgen' pull out of the hat to compensate for missing out on the 'not for sale at any price' Naby [not Neiby] Keita?

Because let's face it - we are going to need more quality, than we have, if we are serious about competing this season.  :-\
      « Last Edit: Jul 20, 2017 04:17:58 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1076: Jul 20, 2017 04:18:05 pm
      "The German added that turning to other options is “more likely” than opting to begin the campaign with the squad already at his disposal." - from the Paul Joyce story, which is quoting Klopp.

so if he is accurately reporting Klopp's sentiment, Klopp's attitude is not "Keita or nothing" or "VVD or nobody." I don't know if this is his thinking or not, but his "The German added" seems to be direct attribution. It seems like 2 at every position is about the right standard for a team playing in Europe. Looks like we have six attackers if you include Solanke, six midfielders including Grujic (counting Phil as a mid) and I guess 8 defenders including Robertson, so signings should all be about upgrades rather than filling in any numbers.

I leave tomorrow for a week-long "bucket list" type trip with my Dad, so I'll probably be taking a hiatus from all this. Maybe everything will have happened while I'm gone.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1077: Jul 20, 2017 04:33:18 pm
      "The German added that turning to other options is “more likely” than opting to begin the campaign with the squad already at his disposal."
      I only saw a few games but that wee Seri, who plays for Nice, impressed me a lot. A ringer build wise for Kante into the bargain.  8)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1078: Jul 20, 2017 04:47:23 pm
      If this lot hadn't got bad luck, they'd have no luck but at least they tried; right?  :lmao:

Joking aside troops: who if anyone, do we reckon, will 'Jürgen' pull out of the hat to compensate for missing out on the 'not for sale at any price' Naby [not Neiby] Keita?

Because let's face it - we are going to need more quality, than we have, if we are serious about competing this season.  :-\

isn't that Cattermole fella still available Bubs ?  :f_tongueincheek:

we could probably get him for a Tenner and a packet of Wotsits  :(

YNWA
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1079: Jul 20, 2017 04:54:56 pm
      I only saw a few games but that wee Seri, who plays for Nice, impressed me a lot. A ringer build wise for Kante into the bargain.  8)

Nice have said he isn't for sale as Barcelona have been showing an interest as an alternative to veratti
      DanMann

• 5,636 posts | 866 
      Reply #1080: Jul 20, 2017 05:05:01 pm
      37 pages and most of which are arguments...

Any chance of you guys just reporting on interesting info like bids/agreements/player signing??

;D

Quick Reply