Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 191867 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Naby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #1633: Aug 09, 2017 10:52:49 pm
      It's the try not to laugh that gets ya, but yeah, totally agree with it's like us with Keita and hopefully Barca with Coutinho.

I'd heard the looking for a house in Liverpool rumours, not the meeting with the club one though. Guess we'll know soon enough, I'm a little exhausted with all this inaction, who knew it could be so tiring.

Doesn't the club have an office full of staff for this kind of thing...I had read we have an entire team dedicated to getting all of this sorted out for player's and family's so they don't even need to deal with it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1634: Aug 09, 2017 10:53:02 pm
      It's the try not to laugh that gets ya, but yeah, totally agree with it's like us with Keita and hopefully Barca with Coutinho.

I'd heard the looking for a house in Liverpool rumours, not the meeting with the club one though. Guess we'll know soon enough, I'm a little exhausted with all this inaction, who knew it could be so tiring.

The rumor is his agent was looking for a place, but his agent is also Mane's right?

But hey, Keita like a Liverpool barbershop on Instagram the other day, he must be coming!!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1635: Aug 09, 2017 10:56:44 pm
      I'd heard the looking for a house in Liverpool rumours

Apparently to reiterate that he wants to leave, one or two stories on twitter about it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1636: Aug 09, 2017 11:02:17 pm
      Doesn't the club have an office full of staff for this kind of thing...I had read we have an entire team dedicated to getting all of this sorted out for player's and family's so they don't even need to deal with it.

I'd imagine so mate, but even if it is one of Keita's representatives, who let's a representative choose a house for you? Sure to rent one temporarily but to me it just doesn't sound true whenever I hear it.

The rumor is his agent was looking for a place, but his agent is also Mane's right?

But hey, Keita like a Liverpool barbershop on Instagram the other day, he must be coming!!!

Yeah his agent is the same as Mane's, or so I've been led to believe anyway.

Apparently to reiterate that he wants to leave, one or two stories on twitter about it.

You put much faith in it though Daz? I have heard his current boss has been quoted recently as:

https://twitter.com/bulijournal/status/895398068140552194

https://twitter.com/bulijournal/status/895397500869390337

Cheeky b***ard, I was fine with him offending the whole of Africa, but now he's chucking sh*t our way I think he was definitely being racist, no doubt about it.  :f_whistle:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1637: Aug 09, 2017 11:06:38 pm
      Rangnick is a real pr**k.....wonder if we could get him to come here and replace Edwards?

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1638: Aug 09, 2017 11:14:30 pm
      You put much faith in it though Daz? I have heard his current boss has been quoted recently as:

I'm at 50/50 mate, if he kicks up a real fuss I think they'd sell, just don't know if he will, from every thing being reported attitude wise, Id hazard a guess at he hopes to leave with their blessing and no drama, so don't think he'll kick up a fuss unless he's desperate to come here.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1639: Aug 09, 2017 11:18:00 pm
      I'm at 50/50 mate, if he kicks up a real fuss I think they'd sell, just don't know if he will, from every thing being reported attitude wise, Id hazard a guess at he hopes to leave with their blessing and no drama, so don't think he'll kick up a fuss unless he's desperate to come here.

Yeah, I'd totally agree with that mate.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1640: Aug 09, 2017 11:47:57 pm
      That old one. If all these house hunting rumours from the past few years had come true then Liverpool would have made Beverly Hills look like a favela.

And made robbie fowler a few quid
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1641: Aug 10, 2017 12:30:41 pm
      Sounds like RB is run by nutters....

Naby Keita to Liverpool: Club chiefs thought deal was done - transfer claim
      A TWITTER transfer in-the-know has made an extraordinary claim about Liverpool's chase for Naby Keita.
      By Jack Wilson
      PUBLISHED: 00:00, Sat, Aug 5, 2017 | UPDATED: 08:19, Sat, Aug 5, 2017

Liverpool fan Graeme Kelly, who has more than 65,000 followers on the social-networking site, is a constant source of Kop transfer news.

Speaking on the Code Red podcast, Kelly said he has heard from those inside the club that a deal for midfielder Keita, 21, was done.

The Reds were told to bid £66million, which they eventually did, only to be stunned when the offer was knocked back.

Kelly now thinks that RB Leipzig are just trying to get attention on themselves and that's their motivation this summer.

Kelly said: "Don't get me wrong, I think their stance will weaken somewhat but Red Bull love the press.

"I was told Red Bull said to Liverpool: 'For £66million, he's yours.' We bid lower than that first time, £53m, but we went back and bid £66m and they turned it down.

We bid lower than that first time, £53m, but we went back and bid £66m and they turned it down

"Even everyone at the club were dumbfounded. They thought it was a done deal.

"I think it's Red Bull just wanting the limelight. It strikes me as odd for a club last year whose revenue was just €82m. They are in a massive amount of debt and they've turned down almost their entire year's revenue for one player.

"It doesn't ring true for me. I don't see how they can do that.

"Anyone can buy him for £45m next season so I just don't see what they're doing here.

"I think Red Bull played the game with almost everyone.

"I was told it'd go back and forth and they'll create this story.

"Apparently when the bid came in and they turned it down someone said Jürgen Klopp actually laughed, because they were a crazy club.

"They don't do things the way football clubs do."
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1642: Aug 10, 2017 12:36:23 pm

A TWITTER transfer in-the-know has made an extraordinary claim about Liverpool's chase for Naby Keita.
      By Jack Wilson

Liverpool fan Graeme Kelly, who has more than 65,000 followers on the social-networking site, is a constant source of Kop transfer news.

Speaking on the Code Red podcast, Kelly said he has heard from those inside the club that a deal for midfielder Keita, 21, was done.

The Reds were told to bid £66million, which they eventually did, only to be stunned when the offer was knocked back.

Kelly now thinks that RB Leipzig are just trying to get attention on themselves and that's their motivation this summer.

Kelly said: "Don't get me wrong, I think their stance will weaken somewhat but Red Bull love the press.

"I was told Red Bull said to Liverpool: 'For £66million, he's yours.' We bid lower than that first time, £53m, but we went back and bid £66m and they turned it down.

We bid lower than that first time, £53m, but we went back and bid £66m and they turned it down

"I think it's Red Bull just wanting the limelight. It strikes me as odd for a club last year whose revenue was just €82m. They are in a massive amount of debt and they've turned down almost their entire year's revenue for one player.

"Anyone can buy him for £45m next season so I just don't see what they're doing here.

"Apparently when the bid came in and they turned it down someone said Jürgen Klopp actually laughed, because they were a crazy club.

if that is even half true and I was Keita I'd be doing a VVD to get the hell out of that nutty club sharpish.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1643: Aug 10, 2017 01:12:43 pm

By Jack Wilson

I think it's just a case of them wanting to raise their profile and thinking "any publicity is good publicity", so they act the c**t knowing it will get plastered all over the papers.
      It's a lot cheaper than a Red Bull advertising campaign, that's for sure.

We live in a media age where F***ing Kim Kardashian is a role model, so how can we expect an up and coming club to play to play by the "established" rules of the game.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1644: Aug 10, 2017 03:54:24 pm
      I think it's just a case of them wanting to raise their profile and thinking "any publicity is good publicity", so they act the c**t knowing it will get plastered all over the papers.
      It's a lot cheaper than a Red Bull advertising campaign, that's for sure.

We live in a media age where f**king Kim Kardashian is a role model, so how can we expect an up and coming club to play to play by the "established" rules of the game.

Yup stunk of media whoring from the get go.

It's interesting in that if it was Bayern, Barca or even LFC....the manager comes out and says "not for sale, nothing more to say"

RBL seem on a daily basis to have to come out and say something..anything...it's almost like they are doing it simply because they see the club's name all over the papers and internet whereas in real life nobody cares about them or pay's attention.

Whether he stays or goes..RBL is milking the PR for everything it's worth and seem to be lapping it up now while they can.

It's a small time club trying to make themselves relevant.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1645: Aug 10, 2017 05:19:08 pm

By Jack Wilson

How does Graeme Kelly know anything.

These clickbait ITK's shouldn't get the attention they crave.

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #1646: Aug 10, 2017 05:33:57 pm

By Jack Wilson

The only part that could be true is Jürgen laughing (after getting to know about the bid being turned down)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fE7Otpoiq4
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1647: Aug 10, 2017 05:40:35 pm
      How does Graeme Kelly know anything.

These clickbait ITK's shouldn't get the attention they crave.

Graeme Kelly's been running off one half decent prediction (when he claimed Rodgers would be sacked after the Everton game in 2015...as did plenty of people given that it was an international break) but since then he has been bullshitter extraordinaire. Notice how all his 'claims' come with numerous pivot points and obfuscation 'however it is possible that...' 'it seems unlikely at this stage' etc etc to cover his sorry arse in the likely event that he gets proved wrong...again.

I'll tell you these guys are the new wacko mediums you used to get at carnivals.
      « Last Edit: Aug 10, 2017 07:38:16 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1648: Aug 10, 2017 07:46:31 pm
      I have it on no authority that we might sign this player but maybe not this year
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1649: Aug 10, 2017 07:50:35 pm
      What I don't get is if we can't sign him now because they won't sell but his is in our long term plans why not offer them a compromise and sell/loan back with a clause saying we can have him once they get booted from the CL?

I mean they know/we know he is gone next season so give them say £60 million now loan him back and then we have him?

Beats keeping him and then losing him to Bayern for €48 million next June.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1650: Aug 10, 2017 08:20:56 pm
      What I don't get is if we can't sign him now because they won't sell but his is in our long term plans why not offer them a compromise and sell/loan back with a clause saying we can have him once they get booted from the CL?

I mean they know/we know he is gone next season so give them say £60 million now loan him back and then we have him?

Would it be worth paying extra now, but the deal includes a loan back for the season. We say to RBL, look you get the player for the year and at the end of that you get more than you will for him next season when he has a release clause that activates.

They get the best of both worlds, the higher fee and the extra year of Keita. We end up getting the player we want a little bit later and aren't swooped by Bayern next year.

I'm not sure if it's the best idea... But there might be something to it.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1651: Aug 10, 2017 08:35:38 pm

Because there could still be a bidding war next season and also they may feel they can convince him to stay?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1652: Aug 10, 2017 08:51:42 pm
      Because there could still be a bidding war next season and also they may feel they can convince him to stay?

There might be a bidding war but I would lay my own money down in saying he's not staying.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1653: Aug 10, 2017 09:00:43 pm

How is there a bidding war when a release clause exists?

The only bidding to be done would be in terms of wages/signing fee, you don't offer more than they're forced to sell for.  If you think that offering more would mean Leipzig can force Keita to go to the higher bidder I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work that way. Keita can choose whichever club triggers the release clause therefore negating the need or advantage in bidding more.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1654: Aug 10, 2017 09:12:27 pm
      How is there a bidding war when a release clause exists?

The only bidding to be done would be in terms of wages/signing fee, you don't offer more than they're forced to sell for.  If you think that offering more would mean Leipzig can force Keita to go to the higher bidder I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work that way. Keita can choose whichever club triggers the release clause therefore negating the need or advantage in bidding more.

So RB don't have the right to accept whichever bid they want if it's multiple parties?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1655: Aug 10, 2017 09:18:10 pm
      So RB don't have the right to accept whichever bid they want if it's multiple parties?

They can "accept" what they like mate, if the release clause is watertight the player can choose where he goes, so long as the buyer stumps up the stipulated amount.

Quick Reply