Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 191806 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Naby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #1886: Aug 28, 2017 07:03:30 pm
      From what I've read, he's more Can's replacement. Coutinho's is this Lemar character.

I think Lemar is more of a we need more speed and top 3 player in every week with rotation of Mane/Salah then a Coutinho replacement...but we shall see.

At least we are not linked with and purchasing dross players.

Jürgen doesn't do dross it appears.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #1887: Aug 28, 2017 08:05:08 pm
      I don't like the deal, but I can understand. LFC was in fear that next season the likes of Real or Barca would have knocked Keita's door and he may have dumped LFC for the bigger names. (But of course that sh*t could still happen as we see with Cuntinho, therefore it's so important that LFC stays iron-hard with Cunti to make a point.)

Any details about the contract? Buy-out clause? length?

Here's the down side and let me paint it in a picture: Let's say I do buy your - for the sake of the argument - hot wife for next year. I bet we all know what u would do with her up to that time, she'd bascially fall flat into my house out of exhaustion. I'm afraid RB will work up Keita similiarly (you know what I mean).
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1888: Aug 28, 2017 08:16:28 pm
      I don't like the deal, but I can understand. LFC was in fear that next season the likes of Real or Barca would have knocked Keita's door and he may have dumped LFC for the bigger names. (But of course that sh*t could still happen as we see with Cuntinho, therefore it's so important that LFC stays iron-hard with Cunti to make a point.)

Any details about the contract? Buy-out clause? length?

Here's the down side and let me paint it in a picture: Let's say I do buy your - for the sake of the argument - hot wife for next year. I bet we all know what u would do with her up to that time, she'd bascially fall flat into my house out of exhaustion. I'm afraid RB will work up Keita similiarly (you know what I mean).

I think you are guilty of expecting everyone to be as spiteful as you perhaps are, BTW how can you work a footballer to hard, won't he just get injured?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1889: Aug 28, 2017 08:17:24 pm
      I swear to F**k if he does his Cruciate in at the end of this season I'll cry!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1890: Aug 28, 2017 08:23:21 pm
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #1891: Aug 28, 2017 08:23:26 pm
      I think you are guilty of expecting everyone to be as spiteful as you perhaps are,

Look into the world, that's the reality I am afraid.

BTW how can you work a footballer to hard, won't he just get injured?

Yes, and? RB has no interest to have Keita healthy beyond July 1st, 2018. So you trust people that work in a business that has no honor, no pride, just more and more low's of morality every year. I'd be slightly doubtful that they behave textbook-like.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1892: Aug 28, 2017 08:26:26 pm
      Look into the world, that's the reality I am afraid.

Yes, and? RB has no interest to have Keita healthy beyond July 1st, 2018. So you trust people that work in a business that has no honor, no pride, just more and more low's of morality every year. I'd be slightly doubtful that they behave textbook-like.

If that happened Keita would just feign a back injury perhaps ;) In all seriousness I don't think you could do that to a player in this day and age, far to much spotlight and attention.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1893: Aug 28, 2017 08:26:58 pm
      From what I've read, he's more Can's replacement. Coutinho's is this Lemar character.
      I don't think Can is going.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #1894: Aug 28, 2017 08:27:11 pm
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1895: Aug 28, 2017 08:28:08 pm

Yah I don't think it's photo shopped.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1896: Aug 28, 2017 08:28:28 pm

Ah but it's a fake, real picture. Didn't you know the new 'thing' is to be fake before it's real, that's the real fake news, no faking.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1897: Aug 28, 2017 08:30:09 pm
      Talk of Barca wanting him....sorry, he's already gone. Another failure for Barca hopefully.

Shame we don't get Keita now but at least we will get him.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1898: Aug 28, 2017 08:32:36 pm
      The way I see it, next season Coutinho is gone for 140m. We get Keita for 60m and net 80m. That 80m will go on centre backs. I think Keita looks stronger in the middle than Coutinho, lets face it... Coutinho is hardly a brick wall in the midfield.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1899: Aug 28, 2017 08:35:07 pm
      Good news but don't get the point in a medical now given he's an entire season to play for another club.

Surely the deal should be subject to a medical next summer?
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1900: Aug 28, 2017 08:37:32 pm
      Well we can't complain about us not getting our business done early next year :D

Delighted to see this over the line as by all accounts he was Klopps top choice.
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2017 08:54:13 pm by RedWilly »
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1901: Aug 28, 2017 08:43:31 pm
      Dude, this is amazing. So we keep Couts (more than likley) for one more year than sell him off for a crap load of money and we already have his replacement signed? Before we get the bank for Phil? I'm sold. Not only that but he is our mangers top OPTION.  :clap: :aaliverpool2xt1: :mixed-smiley-009:

I'm staring to think Thursday wont be as dreary as many exspected. YNWA boys
      sell73out
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #1902: Aug 28, 2017 08:52:18 pm
      Good news but don't get the point in a medical now given he's an entire season to play for another club.

Medicals aren't just for fitness or injury at the moment.
      They're used to check historic records, look for anything that could be problematic in the future, any tendency towards particular injuries, etc. As well as general fitness and health. There's much more to it than 'he's fit to play for us next week'.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1903: Aug 28, 2017 09:01:42 pm
      Shame can't get this guy for this season. He looks like a great prospect.
      If true and he's coming next season, it's a top signing in the bank.
      Was hoping planA was for this season !! :)
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1904: Aug 28, 2017 09:08:02 pm
      Good stuff. I've not actually seen the guy play, but there seems to be universal agreement that he's the dog's nadgers, so I'll take that. Jürgen maybe hasn't signed that many players, but he seems to mostly get good ones.

We're ok in CM positions for this season as far as I'm concerned ( it's a Coutinho alternative/backup we need now) so I'm happy to wait a year for Keita.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1905: Aug 28, 2017 09:43:05 pm

Probably just general health checks; his blood, heart etc.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1906: Aug 28, 2017 10:20:44 pm
      Medicals aren't just for fitness or injury at the moment.
      They're used to check historic records, look for anything that could be problematic in the future, any tendency towards particular injuries, etc. As well as general fitness and health. There's much more to it than 'he's fit to play for us next week'.

I get that but surely we'll do another medical next year as well before he official becomes our player.

Anyway great news.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #1907: Aug 28, 2017 10:26:53 pm
      I'd have been happier if they had signed him this year and agreed to loan him back.
      Gives us much more of a say in how he's utilised.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1908: Aug 28, 2017 10:39:34 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/28/liverpool-sign-naby-keita-rb-leipzig-next-summer-klopp-lemar-monaco

Weve signed Keita for next summer and going now for  Lemar of Monaco.

So lets do the same with Barca and Coutinho .

Liverpool have agreed a club record deal to sign Naby Keïta from RB Leipzig next summer and are also interested in prising Thomas Lemar from Monaco before the transfer deadline on Thursday.

Keïta, Jürgen Klopp’s prime midfield target for this summer, underwent a medical in England on Monday after Liverpool finally reached agreement with Leipzig over the terms of his transfer. Liverpool are to activate the £48m release clause in the midfielder’s contract – a clause that comes into effect at the end of this season – and will pay a premium to secure the deal now.

Barcelona have been among the rival clubs linked with the Guinea international and Liverpool have moved to ensure Klopp will get his man.
      Leipzig have refused to consider selling Keïta in this window but have accepted a deal that will allow them to retain the player for their debut Champions League season while earning more than his eventual release clause.

The 22-year-old, who had a medical in Wilmslow on Monday and is expected to finalise the move at Melwood, will officially become a Liverpool player on 1 July 2018.

« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2017 10:45:48 pm by MIRO »

Quick Reply