Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Man Utd [Premier League] Sun 16th Dec @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 13th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W12 D6 L6

Dominic Solanke Player Thread

Read 15446 times
      German_Panzer
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 30 
      Re: Dominic Solanke Player Thread
      Reply #240: Nov 21, 2018 06:44:17 pm
      He's 21, highly rated at Liverpool, and will only get better.

Maybe, hopefully. I didn't see any potential yet. He's tall, not good ball handling, more of a classical striker. I wonder what Klopp saw in him for he usually likes striker that can play, not just execute. But then Solanke never got some serious playing time, so I could be way off....
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,298 posts | 1740 
      Reply #241: Nov 21, 2018 06:51:49 pm
      Maybe, hopefully. I didn't see any potential yet. He's tall, not good ball handling, more of a classical striker. I wonder what Klopp saw in him for he usually likes striker that can play, not just execute. But then Solanke never got some serious playing time, so I could be way off....

Really?
      OK.

Lewandowski pretty much negates your statement.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,111 posts | 4581 
      • YNWA
      Reply #242: Nov 21, 2018 09:13:24 pm
      Mind when people were gagging for more during pre season season in 2017? The abuse this guy received last season was unreal for someone who'd only just come out of the U20 World Cup for England and had never played in the Premier League before. Agree with Swab - he's a talented youngster and very highly rated. Deserves time and RESPECT because he's a classy prospect.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,853 posts | 1373 
      Reply #243: Nov 21, 2018 09:29:08 pm
      Mind when people were gagging for more during pre season season in 2017? The abuse this guy received last season was unreal for someone who'd only just come out of the U20 World Cup for England and had never played in the Premier League before. Agree with Swab - he's a talented youngster and very highly rated. Deserves time and RESPECT because he's a classy prospect.

All the talk about how great Brewster was in the U17 WC and him being a future star, yet nothing much on Solanke when he was player of the tournament in the u20's. He has huge potential, and he does need to play week in, week out to really develop.

I still think he showed enough to warrant more play time this season, but with Firmino and Sturridge, possibly Origi ahead of him, I struggle to see where he fits in for us :( I think a couple of seasons on loan to a Prem club would do him and us the world of good with him returning at the age of 23... pretty much do what Chelsea does with their youth.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,529 posts | 2536 
      Reply #244: Nov 21, 2018 10:22:22 pm
      All the talk about how great Brewster was in the U17 WC and him being a future star, yet nothing much on Solanke when he was player of the tournament in the u20's. He has huge potential, and he does need to play week in, week out to really develop.

I still think he showed enough to warrant more play time this season, but with Firmino and Sturridge, possibly Origi ahead of him, I struggle to see where he fits in for us :( I think a couple of seasons on loan to a Prem club would do him and us the world of good with him returning at the age of 23... pretty much do what Chelsea does with their youth.

I thinks he deserves to be given more of a chance than he has had so far.

He is good on the floor for a big guy, will press for 90 mins and willing to learn but will only pick up the goal scoring knack by getting more game time.

Sturridge is now only a impact player and Origi will be gone in the January window if the Woves rumours are correct.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,967 posts | 1057 
      Reply #245: Nov 22, 2018 07:42:12 pm
      Glad to see him get a couple of goals midweek for the u21s. A loan spell post January at a prem club would seem to be the best option for the lad. He’ll never show his best with the odd 10-15 minutes (not that he is getting that) and baring injuries I can’t see him getting much of an opportunity based on the current pecking order. If another Prem club aren’t interested maybe Stevie will come in for him.

Quick Reply