Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dominic Solanke (Liverpool > Bournemouth)

Read 64860 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Dominic Solanke (Liverpool > Bournemouth)
      May 30, 2017 05:02:03 pm
      Reds agree terms to sign Dominic Solanke
      Liverpool FC have agreed personal terms with Dominic Solanke to sign the England youth international this summer.

The 19-year-old striker will complete the transfer to the Reds on July 1, 2017, upon the expiry of his contract with his current club, Chelsea.

Solanke made his senior debut for the London side as a substitute in a Champions League tie in October 2014, and scored seven goals in 25 Eredivisie appearances during a productive loan spell with Dutch outfit Vitesse Arnhem in 2015-16.

He has represented his country at every age level from U16 to U21 and is currently in South Korea for the FIFA U20 World Cup, where the forward has so far featured in all three games and scored once to help England into the knockout stages.

Solanke, twice an FA Youth Cup champion and winner of the UEFA Youth League and U17 European Championship, will officially join Jürgen Klopp’s squad on July 1.‎

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/265085-reds-agree-terms-to-sign-dominic-solanke

Welcome to LFC!
      « Last Edit: Jan 04, 2019 04:25:04 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Dominic Solanke Player Thread
      Reply #1: May 30, 2017 05:02:20 pm
       Liverpool FC have agreed personal terms with Dominic Solanke to sign the England youth international this summer.

The 19-year-old striker will complete the transfer to the Reds on July 1, 2017, upon the expiry of his contract with his current club, Chelsea.

Solanke made his senior debut for the London side as a substitute in a Champions League tie in October 2014, and scored seven goals in 25 Eredivisie appearances during a productive loan spell with Dutch outfit Vitesse Arnhem in 2015-16.

He has represented his country at every age level from U16 to U21 and is currently in South Korea for the FIFA U20 World Cup, where the forward has so far featured in all three games and scored once to help England into the knockout stages.

Solanke, twice an FA Youth Cup champion and winner of the UEFA Youth League and U17 European Championship, will officially join Jürgen Klopp’s squad on July 1.‎

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/265085-reds-agree-terms-to-sign-dominic-solanke
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2: May 30, 2017 05:22:16 pm
      Hearing from Chelsea fans it wasn't regarding playing time more that he wanted a pay rise which we seem to have given him.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3: May 30, 2017 05:24:22 pm
      Hearing from Chelsea fans it wasn't regarding playing time more that he wanted a pay rise which we seem to have given him.

Pay rise from Liverpool, that's a joke.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #4: May 30, 2017 05:47:18 pm

RIGHT ,cuz their fans aren't gonna be bitter at all
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #5: May 30, 2017 05:55:36 pm
      RIGHT ,cuz their fans aren't gonna be bitter at all

Well, i don't quite see how he gets more game time here than at Chelsea.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #6: May 30, 2017 06:27:01 pm
      Nothing against the signing but typical Liverpool, Man Citeh pull Bernardo Silva out a hat early doors and we grab this lad.....
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #7: May 30, 2017 06:45:40 pm
      Nothing against the signing but typical Liverpool, Man Citeh pull Bernardo Silva out a hat early doors and we grab this lad.....

Yup, then people will complain that we did not move early for him like Demble or Alli and let others beat us to the punch.

Can't make this sh*te up.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #8: May 30, 2017 06:47:18 pm
      Who the hell is this lad?! Didn't he use to play one day cricket for England?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #9: May 30, 2017 06:55:24 pm
      Wow, what a signing!! Is this our world class striker we have been looking for?! :p
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #10: May 30, 2017 07:17:28 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #11: May 30, 2017 07:28:01 pm
      I assume it's one for the future. If so I'm not really too concerned one way or the other. I'll get excited when we sign someone that's going to help us this coming year.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #12: May 30, 2017 08:22:39 pm
      Dunno why people are pissing and moaning about this,decent signing to me,he ripped us apart at u-21, if i remember correctly,small money, decent prospect at seeing first team footy.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #13: May 30, 2017 08:29:10 pm
      Perhaps give the young lad a chance before knocking him down?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #14: May 30, 2017 08:30:54 pm
      Dunno why people are pissing and moaning about this,decent signing to me,he ripped us apart at u-21, if i remember correctly,small money, decent prospect at seeing first team footy.

Probably because he's another 'one for the future', a future that never comes for LFC. Nonetheless, this singing needs to be taken into context alongside the final business. To start suggesting the sky is falling in because we've signed another kid is a bit premature. So long as this isn't Klopp's idea of a marquee signing I'm fine with it. Apathetic but fine.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #15: May 30, 2017 08:32:23 pm
      I have a feeling this lad could surprise a few, Iv been keeping an eye on him for a bit. Just bits of games he has played and what people say about him. I'm sure we have a few more high profile signings coming. Patience. All said for €3 million not a bad deal in my eyes. Welcome to the club young man
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #16: May 30, 2017 08:42:25 pm
      Never seen or heard of him.  Hopefully he's boss!!  Probably a kick on the teeth for Ben Woodburn though....
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #17: May 30, 2017 09:10:18 pm
      Never seen or heard of him.  Hopefully he's boss!!  Probably a kick on the teeth for Ben Woodburn though....

Solanke is more of a classic 9 than Woodburn, who's probably best at 10 or as a wing forward.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #18: May 30, 2017 09:11:25 pm
      Don't know much about the guy but I pray that he becomes a top player.

If he's merely here for sell on value (he's come dirt cheap) and not quality to make a difference, then FSG and the transfer committee can F**k right off.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19: May 30, 2017 09:44:55 pm

He was always going to get a pay rise no matter what. He's at the end of his contract which currently makes him about 8-9k a week, they're not exactly going to reduce it are they :D. Chelsea fans are just coming out with the bullshit about him wanting 50k a week but that story was proven to be false.

He knows he will never get first team football at Chelsea because they have no idea how to implement home grown youth into their teams.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20: May 30, 2017 09:48:04 pm
      Solanke is more of a classic 9 than Woodburn, who's probably best at 10 or as a wing forward.

Solanke can play in any of those positions.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21: May 30, 2017 10:09:02 pm
      Never heard of him, but good luck, and welcome to the best club in the world!
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #22: May 30, 2017 10:12:30 pm

I think that's wrong Daily Telegraph had to publish a retraction that he was asking for £50k per week. The suggestion is he'll be on 20k per week which if he's a part of the 1st team would probably make him lowest paid member.

Quick Reply