Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dominic Solanke (Liverpool > Bournemouth)

Read 64862 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Dominic Solanke Player Thread
      Reply #184: Feb 20, 2018 12:38:31 pm
      You can feel that anxiousness from him, even when he’s on the bench.

A goal will do him a world of good. That’s all I’m saying

Agreed
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #185: Feb 20, 2018 03:24:20 pm
      I'm going to be honest. Nothing about him makes me think he will ever be good enough for us and especially the way a Jürgen Klopp striker needs to be.

I hope I am wrong but I just don't see it. Definitely needs a loan next season. He won't improve warming our bench.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #186: Feb 20, 2018 04:13:03 pm
      I'm going to be honest. Nothing about him makes me think he will ever be good enough for us and especially the way a Jürgen Klopp striker needs to be.

I hope I am wrong but I just don't see it. Definitely needs a loan next season. He won't improve warming our bench.

He's an excellent striker with bags load of talent. This is a guy hardly any of us had heard of last year and has spent most of his young career in England so far playing in the junior ranks. He's still far from the finished article and the fact that he doesn't have a goal for us, while not ideal, is entirely understandable given where he is at in his career.

It seems to be a British tendency to immediately write off players who don't hit the ground running. I only wish we had the sensibility and common sense of the Germans when it comes to attitude towards youngsters.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #187: Feb 20, 2018 04:50:39 pm

Bit harsh that, lad's only 20 and with our front 3 of course chances are going to be limited, but just decide he won't ever be good enough for us is a bit wide of the mark.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #188: Feb 20, 2018 06:14:21 pm
      Defo needs a goal.The club should get Rushie to have a word with him,wasn't he like one game away from a transfer cos he couldn't score when he first signed?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #189: Mar 28, 2018 02:21:59 pm
      Scored the winner for England U21s vs. Ukraine after coming on for the last 17 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iWXH0IFqNg

About the worst marking job you can imagine, but a goal is a goal.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #190: Apr 07, 2018 06:46:47 pm
      Sorry but this lad shouldn’t be the 2nd/3rd choice centre forward for a team on the cusp of the champions league semis and wth aspirations of challenging for the PL.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #191: Apr 07, 2018 07:09:50 pm
      Just don't see it.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #192: Apr 07, 2018 11:21:29 pm
      Said it before but he looks like a striker who nesds games and lots of them.

Hes struggling for us and a loan move next season must sursly be on the cards for the lad.

We have to bring in more pace into the forward areas so that when the inevitable rotation occurs our reserves can slot in and we can carry on our gameplan.

At the moment Solankie and Ings are chalk and cheese whereas a reserve forward although he might not be the quality of the fab 3, can slot in without our style of play going out the window.

No way we can press, counter and be as decisive with a big 6 foot plus lad up there.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #193: Apr 07, 2018 11:51:38 pm
      Said it before but he looks like a striker who nesds games and lots of them.

Hes struggling for us and a loan move next season must sursly be on the cards for the lad.

We have to bring in more pace into the forward areas so that when the inevitable rotation occurs our reserves can slot in and we can carry on our gameplan.

At the moment Solankie and Ings are chalk and cheese whereas a reserve forward although he might not be the quality of the fab 3, can slot in without our style of play going out the window.

No way we can press, counter and be as decisive with a big 6 foot plus lad up there.

I really think he has so much potential, enough to reach the top, but unfortunately, his style of play doesn't seem to suit ours as you mentioned, and therefore I think he will struggle to play on a regular basis :(

I don't think he is traditional target man as he showed in the U20 world cup, but more a big player that likes to drop off and lay people off (believe it or not, I think he is actually very good on the ball), he also has good movement and has shown he has a knack for getting in the danger areas, but imagine asking the likes of Bergkamp, Sheringham etc to press and inter-change? They too would struggle in this team imo.

If he wants to make it to the top, he needs to find a team suited to his style and use him more as a focal point.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #194: Apr 08, 2018 03:08:06 pm
      I really think he has so much potential, enough to reach the top, but unfortunately, his style of play doesn't seem to suit ours as you mentioned, and therefore I think he will struggle to play on a regular basis :(

I don't think he is traditional target man as he showed in the U20 world cup, but more a big player that likes to drop off and lay people off (believe it or not, I think he is actually very good on the ball), he also has good movement and has shown he has a knack for getting in the danger areas, but imagine asking the likes of Bergkamp, Sheringham etc to press and inter-change? They too would struggle in this team imo.

If he wants to make it to the top, he needs to find a team suited to his style and use him more as a focal point.

Agree he could be a decent target man but he has got to get stronger and use his body better. Seems to be a classic product of a modern academy in that he has nice technique but he is a bit of finesse player for me. He looks like a targetman man but he plays like a 10. If your going to be that target man type of player (and Kane is the poster boy for the role) you've got to be mobile, you have to work the channels and you have to use your body. Origi is a similar case, he's built like Drogba but doesn't have a clue how to play like Drogba. He could be a beast of a player but he never will be. I think a season on loan at a lower level epl club is key for Solanke next season. He will not progress sitting on the bench and playing the cup game at LFC.
      « Last Edit: Apr 08, 2018 03:17:27 pm by Scottbot »
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #195: Apr 20, 2018 09:47:57 am
      He has much potential but I think that it was a mistake to keep him and loan out Origi...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #196: Apr 20, 2018 09:59:50 am
      He has much potential but I think that it was a mistake to keep him and loan out Origi...

I disagree, I don't see much potential in him at all, loan him out next season but if he doesn't impress then get rid, we have to start being a bit more ruthless with our deadwood.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #197: Apr 20, 2018 02:22:29 pm
      I disagree, I don't see much potential in him at all, loan him out next season but if he doesn't impress then get rid, we have to start being a bit more ruthless with our deadwood.

I understand our point, based solely on his performance, he does not deserve more opportunities for sure. But he's labelled as one of the brightest prospects of English football and he showed, when he came, why.

He's definitely not good enough to be our 2nd or 3rd option as main striker.

Do you think it was a good choice to loan Origi out?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #198: Apr 20, 2018 03:13:06 pm
      Actually looks a decent player - just needs playing time and unfortunately he won't get at the minute with our front three fit.

And in terms of the squad he's still on the young side
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #199: Apr 20, 2018 09:23:08 pm
      Desperate need of a loan move, only to a Premier League team though, no point shipping him off to a weaker league. See what he can do and hopefully he can start reaching that potential.

He impressed me in pre-season, was looking good and sharp, but to be honest, it’s been the opposite since the season started, when he’s had a chance to play, he hasn’t done enough. For someone of his size, he gets bullied far too easily.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #200: Apr 21, 2018 03:59:01 am
      Agree with the posts above.
      He is young, has massive potential by breakout needs to be playing a lot in order to find his groove.
      A loan out next season is a must for him and for us.
      Think he will come back a much better player.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #201: Apr 21, 2018 08:32:28 am
      Agree with the posts above.
      He is young, has massive potential by breakout needs to be playing a lot in order to find his groove.
      A loan out next season is a must for him and for us.
      Think he will come back a much better player.
      Impressed at under 23 level for England, but has failed to do so at club level for Liverpool.

Would need a MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT to break in to the first team and become a real alternative to any of the front three...
      Can't see it happening myself...
      Need to move on and find another player who can get the job done...
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #202: May 06, 2018 06:27:45 pm
      he is not good enough at the top level, simple as
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #203: May 06, 2018 06:38:06 pm
      One for one, I'd take back Divock or Daniel. And ship him out.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #204: May 06, 2018 06:51:01 pm
      He has to go and find some game time in another PL side next year to see if he can improve, at this time he doesn’t add anything at all to the team.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #205: May 06, 2018 07:06:43 pm
      One for one, I'd take back Divock or Daniel. And ship him out.

divock is poor aswell and daniel has brittle bones and doesnt fit in with the style of play.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #206: May 06, 2018 10:30:21 pm
      One for Rangers next season?

Quick Reply