Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dominic Solanke (Liverpool > Bournemouth)

Read 64850 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Dominic Solanke Player Thread
      Reply #207: May 06, 2018 10:35:39 pm
      One for one, I'd take back Divock or Daniel. And ship him out.

I like the way your giving the kid a chance
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #208: May 06, 2018 11:51:07 pm
      I like the way your giving the kid a chance

Well how many fluffed passes, shots straight into defenders and missed headers should we afford him then and is it right that the team suffers just to accommodate you and him?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #209: May 07, 2018 12:15:57 am
      Well how many fluffed passes, shots straight into defenders and missed headers should we afford him then and is it right that the team suffers just to accommodate you and him?

Add up his minutes and then tell me why you expect him to be super sharp
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #210: May 07, 2018 12:32:15 am
      He has to go and find some game time in another PL side next year to see if he can improve, at this time he doesn’t add anything at all to the team.

Sorry but what PL side would take him? He’s not looked for a minute a PL forward to me
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #211: May 07, 2018 12:37:27 am

Sorry but what PL side would take him? He’s not looked for a minute a PL forward to me

Pretty sure we can make a good deal with some team, maybe he won’t be a starter right away but be a good backup option. If not then there is the option at Rangers or a championship side. Don’t think he’ll have much time next year here.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #212: May 07, 2018 08:35:26 am
      Championship level at best.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #213: May 07, 2018 09:22:30 am

Because most strikers manage to score when given an opportunity and he has had plenty of good chances to score and fu**ed up every single one of them, his movement is sh*t, he gets pushed off the ball to easily, his vision is bad, his shot is bad, his heading is bad, his awareness is bad, in summary he's crap so lets stop wasting time on him please. By all means send him out on loan but no prem team would touch him with a bargepole.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #214: May 07, 2018 09:23:20 am

I think you are being generous I think League 1 might be is level
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #215: May 07, 2018 10:46:56 am
      I previously stated that I believe Solanke is not good enough for LFC... When maybe what I should have said was that no matter how much he may, or may not improve he will never fit the style of play that Klopp wants there for should be moved on
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #216: May 07, 2018 01:51:09 pm

If he can't make an impact with limited minutes then he shouldn't be at the club. He isn't suddenly going to be starting games ahead of Firmino, is he
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #217: May 07, 2018 06:44:34 pm
      Not very good is he.

Ings has 3 goals in his mere 13 league appearances for the club, yet Solanke has 0 goals in 20 appearances. Even Sturridge scored 2 goals in his 9 games.

Ings and Sturridge are fringe players at our club, but at least they can actually score a goal. Solanke is a weird player. Doesn't seem to have the mentality of a goalscorer judging by his body language.

Happy to proved wrong in time, but unless he has a successful loan spell next season there's no point. We already have strikers better than him, including Origi.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #218: May 09, 2018 03:07:20 pm
      Probably needs to go on loan next season to get regular game time and see how he does. Very young so can't write him off but we need better options off the bench.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #219: May 13, 2018 08:24:52 pm
      Delighted for him to get the goal today and an excellently taken goal it was as well - great movement off the ball and a fantastic finish at an angle as well. Of course he is very young, inexperienced at this level and has a long way to go - his promotion at this level is an indicator of his talent but not even he could have imagined he'd be second choice striker this season but circumstances in the transfer market and with our own squad meant he had to. So when criticising we should have contextualised it in that manner. He's not the finished article and how and whether he carves a significant career at Liverpool remains to be seen but we could make it so much easier for him than completely write him off at just 19 years old - it's far too young to start defining a player.

Sometimes I think the worst thing players like Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney did (aside from both of them signing for the Mancs) was to become so brilliant at ages younger than 19. Ever since those pair, expectations of youngsters in Britain have been set so unrealistically high to the point that if you are nothing at 19 then you are nothing for the rest of your career. I think Dom is a real goalscoring talent that has just lacked confidence at this level. Definitely someone worth sticking by although if a striker is signed this summer then he'll probably find chances much more limited. Regardless, if he doesn't conjure up a great career here then he can definitely do it elsewhere.
      « Last Edit: May 13, 2018 10:32:20 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #220: May 13, 2018 10:13:23 pm
      Watched him closely today and really thought he did a lot of things really well. This kid has the size and skill that if we give him some time and he's patient in his development...we may have ourselves something. I was a little worried about him, but today gave me some hope.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #221: May 13, 2018 10:22:37 pm
      Made up for him
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #222: May 13, 2018 10:37:51 pm
      Such an interesting thread, this one.

It's hard to break in at the highest level, but especially when you are only playing a few minutes at a time (most of the time). Klopp obviously sees something and while he's not there yet, Solanke seems to be moving in a pretty promising direction.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #223: May 13, 2018 11:47:58 pm
      Very happy for him getting his goal but I'm still not impressed by him, a loan to a team where he's a guaranteed starter next season will do him the world of good.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #224: May 13, 2018 11:51:05 pm
      Very happy for him getting his goal but I'm still not impressed by him, a loan to a team where he's a guaranteed starter next season will do him the world of good.

I would love us to gamble and keep him as 2nd choice behind Firmino, but I also understand why you would want him on loan and a better backup to Firmino.

The Solanke I saw today was the Solanke in the U20's world cup where he was England's best player.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #225: May 14, 2018 12:11:06 am
      That today was the best I have seen him play for us in a competitive game.   Hope he gives us more next season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #226: May 14, 2018 06:55:03 am
      Was ready to write him off after his first 2 touches, let him and us down badly but he changed my mind. The through ball for Mo's goal was wonderful and although I thought the safer bet, was to square the ball to Mo for a tap in, was made up when he smashed it home and got the monkey off his back.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #227: Aug 04, 2018 07:44:56 pm
      i feel like he gets lots of chances, hes just not a clinical finisher. Needs to go on loan and we need a new striker.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #228: Aug 05, 2018 11:09:17 am
      i feel like he gets lots of chances, hes just not a clinical finisher. Needs to go on loan and we need a new striker.

He is a very frustrating player, kind of the same as Moreno, has lots of the right attributes but just isn't a complete player, in Moreno's case you just know he will do one big F**k up every game and with Solanke its the finishing, everything else is there for him, strength, pace, game intelligence he just needs to start putting away the chances.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #229: Nov 07, 2018 11:53:43 am
      Is he injured at the moment?

No idea how Origi got a game time ahead of him last night or could it be he will be loaned off in January.

Quick Reply