Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dominic Solanke (Liverpool > Bournemouth)

Read 64847 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Re: Dominic Solanke Player Thread
      Reply #230: Nov 07, 2018 01:33:09 pm
      Is he injured at the moment?

No idea how Origi got a game time ahead of him last night or could it be he will be loaned off in January.

Origi was atrocious. I'd honestly thought we sold him already.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #231: Nov 07, 2018 08:37:34 pm
      Is he injured at the moment?

No idea how Origi got a game time ahead of him last night or could it be he will be loaned off in January.

He scored for the ressies the other day,but not played much so maybe he was injured i forget.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #232: Nov 15, 2018 09:16:50 pm
      Couple of goals tonight for 21s surely would be a better option than Origi
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #233: Nov 16, 2018 12:32:30 am
      Talk of him moving on, then he goes and backs a couple for the u 21's. Good lad, keep it up.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #234: Nov 20, 2018 06:28:45 pm
      Couple more tonight, nice back heeled finish.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #235: Nov 21, 2018 06:03:45 pm
      Not long turned 21, so it's getting to the point now where he needs to be pushing for a regular first team place, not as a starter, but an option off the bench.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #236: Nov 21, 2018 06:05:54 pm
      Not long turned 21, so it's getting to the point now where he needs to be pushing for a regular first team place, not as a starter, but an option off the bench.

How can he overcome Salah, Mané, Bobby, Shaq and even Sturridge? No way. He'll follow Origi footsteps soon.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #237: Nov 21, 2018 06:10:42 pm
      How can he overcome Salah, Mané, Bobby, Shaq and even Sturridge? No way. He'll follow Origi footsteps soon.

"Option off the bench".
      Which part of that says he's going to replace anyone?

He's 21, highly rated at Liverpool, and will only get better.

German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #238: Nov 21, 2018 06:44:17 pm
      He's 21, highly rated at Liverpool, and will only get better.

Maybe, hopefully. I didn't see any potential yet. He's tall, not good ball handling, more of a classical striker. I wonder what Klopp saw in him for he usually likes striker that can play, not just execute. But then Solanke never got some serious playing time, so I could be way off....
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #239: Nov 21, 2018 06:51:49 pm
      Maybe, hopefully. I didn't see any potential yet. He's tall, not good ball handling, more of a classical striker. I wonder what Klopp saw in him for he usually likes striker that can play, not just execute. But then Solanke never got some serious playing time, so I could be way off....

Really?
      OK.

Lewandowski pretty much negates your statement.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #240: Nov 21, 2018 09:13:24 pm
      Mind when people were gagging for more during pre season season in 2017? The abuse this guy received last season was unreal for someone who'd only just come out of the U20 World Cup for England and had never played in the Premier League before. Agree with Swab - he's a talented youngster and very highly rated. Deserves time and RESPECT because he's a classy prospect.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #241: Nov 21, 2018 09:29:08 pm
      Mind when people were gagging for more during pre season season in 2017? The abuse this guy received last season was unreal for someone who'd only just come out of the U20 World Cup for England and had never played in the Premier League before. Agree with Swab - he's a talented youngster and very highly rated. Deserves time and RESPECT because he's a classy prospect.

All the talk about how great Brewster was in the U17 WC and him being a future star, yet nothing much on Solanke when he was player of the tournament in the u20's. He has huge potential, and he does need to play week in, week out to really develop.

I still think he showed enough to warrant more play time this season, but with Firmino and Sturridge, possibly Origi ahead of him, I struggle to see where he fits in for us :( I think a couple of seasons on loan to a Prem club would do him and us the world of good with him returning at the age of 23... pretty much do what Chelsea does with their youth.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #242: Nov 21, 2018 10:22:22 pm
      All the talk about how great Brewster was in the U17 WC and him being a future star, yet nothing much on Solanke when he was player of the tournament in the u20's. He has huge potential, and he does need to play week in, week out to really develop.

I still think he showed enough to warrant more play time this season, but with Firmino and Sturridge, possibly Origi ahead of him, I struggle to see where he fits in for us :( I think a couple of seasons on loan to a Prem club would do him and us the world of good with him returning at the age of 23... pretty much do what Chelsea does with their youth.

I thinks he deserves to be given more of a chance than he has had so far.

He is good on the floor for a big guy, will press for 90 mins and willing to learn but will only pick up the goal scoring knack by getting more game time.

Sturridge is now only a impact player and Origi will be gone in the January window if the Woves rumours are correct.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #243: Nov 22, 2018 07:42:12 pm
      Glad to see him get a couple of goals midweek for the u21s. A loan spell post January at a prem club would seem to be the best option for the lad. He’ll never show his best with the odd 10-15 minutes (not that he is getting that) and baring injuries I can’t see him getting much of an opportunity based on the current pecking order. If another Prem club aren’t interested maybe Stevie will come in for him.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #244: Jan 03, 2019 09:17:25 am
      Is he injured? If he is cant see anyone taking him in January
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #245: Jan 03, 2019 12:00:37 pm
      Is he injured? If he is cant see anyone taking him in January

Palace deal fell through because Palace felt Solanke had fitness issues?..
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #246: Jan 03, 2019 12:36:02 pm
      Solanke staying or not depends on FA cup progress. Klopp has said so in enough words.
      RedKop114
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #247: Jan 03, 2019 07:14:37 pm
      It would be better, if Solanke would go out on loan, given that his youth desperately needs playing experience. Shame that it didn't work out with Crystal Palace.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #248: Jan 03, 2019 08:53:29 pm
      Palace deal fell through because Palace felt Solanke had fitness issues?..

I think it was more that they needed a player to start now rather than one that would take a few games to get up to speed.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #249: Jan 04, 2019 01:24:11 pm
      Reports that he is close to a £12M deal to Brighton which would be dumb imo if Origi is still here at the end of the window.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #250: Jan 04, 2019 04:04:51 pm
      Wow that escalated quickly. Bournemouth are becoming great business for us that's 40m we have got for Smith, Ibe and Solanke. Good prospect but not sure he would fit in especially with Klopps system
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #251: Jan 04, 2019 04:06:09 pm
      £19mil to Bournemouth are we having a clear out ?.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #252: Jan 04, 2019 04:25:23 pm
      How on earth did we get 19mil?

Quick Reply