Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dominic Solanke (Liverpool > Bournemouth)

Read 64879 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Dominic Solanke (Liverpool > Bournemouth)
      Reply #276: Jan 04, 2019 09:35:14 pm
      Don't worry, we still got Lazar Marković.   :D

Ha I totally forgot about that floppy haired fraud.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #277: Jan 05, 2019 01:04:21 am
      19 million in the coffers. Never saw that coming.

All the best at Bournemouth Dom , just not against us. Don't try to prove anything.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #278: Jan 05, 2019 01:14:45 am
      I'm not convinced there is massive potential there Bri.

Decent Premier League player maybe but not top level.

Really hard to say mate due to his young age. Could go either way my gut tells me it’s the same as the Ibe deal had the potential to kick on yet his struggled to do so to date.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #279: Jan 05, 2019 11:49:06 am
      £19m... I'd just take the money and run.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #280: Jun 15, 2019 10:27:22 pm
      Ukraine vs South Korea in the u-20 World Cup final. Ukraine are world champions. Now, I don't see anyone saying Ukraine are the next big thing. I remember when I said being a u-20 WC winner didn't actually mean that much at professional level regarding Solanke and people got all worked up. He's a Bournemouth player now.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #281: Jun 16, 2019 12:08:22 am
      Ukraine vs South Korea in the u-20 World Cup final. Ukraine are world champions. Now, I don't see anyone saying Ukraine are the next big thing. I remember when I said being a u-20 WC winner didn't actually mean that much at professional level regarding Solanke and people got all worked up. He's a Bournemouth player now.

Tbh, I was more impressed with him (U20's WC) than Brewster (U17's WC), but 2 are completely different strikers.

I still think he has huge potential and could go on to become a regular at a big club.

Really looking forward to seeing how he performs at the U21 Euros as well. I think England will win it, they have a hell of a strong team.
      « Last Edit: Jun 16, 2019 12:19:43 am by PurpleMonkey »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #282: Jun 16, 2019 09:53:34 am
      Tbh, I was more impressed with him (U20's WC) than Brewster (U17's WC), but 2 are completely different strikers.

I still think he has huge potential and could go on to become a regular at a big club.

Really looking forward to seeing how he performs at the U21 Euros as well. I think England will win it, they have a hell of a strong team.

He's not really doen much at Bournemouth has he so what makes you think he'll do well in a big club or are you just spoofing Man Utd into buying him? ;-)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #283: Jun 16, 2019 02:22:00 pm
      He's not really doen much at Bournemouth has he so what makes you think he'll do well in a big club or are you just spoofing Man Utd into buying him? ;-)

Agree.

I haven't seen anything from him to suggest he's anything more than average at best.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #284: Jun 16, 2019 02:42:03 pm
      Agree.

I haven't seen anything from him to suggest he's anything more than average at best.

He has all the talent needed to succeed except, perhaps, what is required between the ears.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #285: Jun 16, 2019 05:33:21 pm

It's a shame for English youngsters. They are as talented as any around the world but then they get to about age 18 and they go into the wilderness for a few years, moved about on loan like pass the parcel misused and mowed down by the dinosaur managers that still rest in much of the clubs that make up the football league. Every top club has done it and then inevitably a few years later down the line the English media bemoan why they've failed again and why the talent was squandered. But bear in mind this is the same English media that a few days after another England failure are lapping up the next global £100m superstar signing for one of the top clubs whilst proclaiming the might of the EPL above every other league. They think they can have it both ways.

You can only read so much into these youth championships - catering for those lost years on loan which happens to many youth internationals and the fact that the likes of Boothroyd and Paul Simpson (who's greatest managerial achievement was probably getting Carlisle United promoted back to the football league) are the ones tasked with delivering such success sobers these tournaments into reality.
      « Last Edit: Jun 16, 2019 05:41:42 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #286: Oct 15, 2022 05:00:47 pm
      Goal and assist today, fair play to the lad, seems to be finding his feet in the PL for them.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #287: Dec 26, 2023 05:37:02 pm
      On fire now
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #288: Dec 28, 2023 04:10:47 pm
      Delighted to see him banging the goals in.

Quick Reply