Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Premier League 2017/18

Read 124308 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Premier League 2017/18
      Reply #69: Aug 13, 2017 02:55:31 pm
      If you are going to get sent off make it worthwhile,  aim for the knackers
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #70: Aug 13, 2017 05:51:26 pm
      City and United look the two best balanced teams on first impressions.

We and Arsenal look like being teams for the neutrals to tune in to watch.

Chelsea and Spurs have both got potential to bomb this season.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #71: Aug 13, 2017 06:00:32 pm
      City and United look the two best balanced teams on first impressions.

West Ham have bought well so very pleasing to the eye on today's performance. Early days though. Great feeling and the buzz is back.  :) Lets hope it last  ;D
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,756 posts | 884 
      Reply #72: Aug 13, 2017 06:02:27 pm
      Buzz is back?  :lmao: :lmao:

Oh my. Just as funny as reading the BBC commentary.  ;D

Sucking up all day long to the Mourinho's massively overspent team..

1 game. 1 win. Means nothing. Heck, Huddersfield managed that.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #73: Aug 13, 2017 06:09:19 pm
      Lukaku is a beast. Doesn't matter if he plays for bitters or mancs. He is better than any of our strikers and will score 25+ this season. Just hope he doesn't score against us.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #74: Aug 13, 2017 06:16:19 pm
      West Ham have bought well so very pleasing to the eye on today's performance. Early days though. Great feeling and the buzz is back.  :) Lets hope it last  ;D

I think that the Europa League win has proved very important for you lot.

To keep your best players and to lure Lukaku from Chelsea's grasp as well as tempt Matic away from Chelsea too.

United look big and powerful and all those big money signings who haven't come off over the years sitting on the bench and the reserves, it gives you depth and makes you a threat in a lot of tournaments.

For us, while we are playing academy boys in the league cup and early Fa Cup rounds, United will be playing the likes of Lingard, Fellaini, Rashford, Smalling, Shaw, Darmian, Herrera, Mata.

It is absolutely no surprise to see you lot mopping up these trophies, the amount of money spent on the whole squad, added with a few players coming through your system makes you a formidable team in all competitions.

We on the other hand have a first team and then a huge gulf in class and experience to a second string. Ultimately it means we are unlikely to win anything.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,988 posts | 238 
      Reply #75: Aug 13, 2017 06:32:01 pm
      Have we forgotten that City and United started the same way last season?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #76: Aug 13, 2017 07:27:41 pm
      Buzz is back?  :lmao: :lmao:

Oh my. Just as funny as reading the BBC commentary.  ;D

Sucking up all day long to the Mourinho's massively overspent team..

1 game. 1 win. Means nothing. Heck, Huddersfield managed that.

Like I've said before. Doesn't bother me what we spent for players. Least our owners are showing us their prepared to over spend to bring back the glory days.  :) Mind you, Matic cheaper than Asda price  :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #77: Aug 13, 2017 07:28:28 pm
      Lukaku is a beast. Doesn't matter if he plays for bitters or mancs. He is better than any of our strikers and will score 25+ this season. Just hope he doesn't score against us.

Mane will score 20+ easy
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #78: Aug 13, 2017 07:29:24 pm
      Have we forgotten that City and United started the same way last season?

Yeah but both teams improved the squad  :)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #79: Aug 13, 2017 07:38:08 pm
      I think that the Europa League win has proved very important for you lot.

To keep your best players and to lure Lukaku from Chelsea's grasp as well as tempt Matic away from Chelsea too.

United look big and powerful and all those big money signings who haven't come off over the years sitting on the bench and the reserves, it gives you depth and makes you a threat in a lot of tournaments.

For us, while we are playing academy boys in the league cup and early Fa Cup rounds, United will be playing the likes of Lingard, Fellaini, Rashford, Smalling, Shaw, Darmian, Herrera, Mata.

It is absolutely no surprise to see you lot mopping up these trophies, the amount of money spent on the whole squad, added with a few players coming through your system makes you a formidable team in all competitions.

We on the other hand have a first team and then a huge gulf in class and experience to a second string. Ultimately it means we are unlikely to win anything.

Great post and it's basically down to great owners who not just want to make good business decisions but really do want the glory days to return if possible. However, it's only one game but they did look good for a team that parks the bus under Mourinho  ;D

The Europa Cup as you said was the X factor for us. Our defence looks like we won't concede many ( hopefully) and Matic looks awesome considering some said he was too old. Biggest factor for me though is Mourinho, he has this knack and ability with his read of the game, he's a genius.

Feet on the ground though as very early days like I said.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,988 posts | 238 
      Reply #80: Aug 13, 2017 07:51:23 pm
      Yeah but both teams improved the squad  :)

But united was supposed to have improved the squad last season as too. In fact, Manchester was supposed to win everything. But, we know where they finished.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #81: Aug 13, 2017 07:58:39 pm
      But united was supposed to have improved the squad last season as too. In fact, Manchester was supposed to win everything. But, we know where they finished.

Well the results/trophies won last year would indicate we did improve some what. However, premier league is the one you/me and the fans want.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #82: Aug 13, 2017 08:11:28 pm
      Teams like United and City can get it wrong in seasons, but eventually if you spend big money every year they will eventually get it right with sheer spending power.

Like I said the ones that dont make the first XI are still easily good enough and experienced enough to beat most other reserve sides in the cups too.

The benches of City and United would probably cost more than what our starting XI does at times.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #83: Aug 13, 2017 09:52:02 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #84: Aug 13, 2017 11:02:40 pm
      Lukaku with 2 already. F**k

And some said on here, that he's gonna be sh*t at United. f**ker is a Beast. I bet he gets 30+ goals this Season.

We have to sign a F***ing World Class Striker as well as a DM and a new CB.

I reckon if we end up letting Couts go, chuck all that cash into getting Greizmann or Aubamayang.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #85: Aug 13, 2017 11:21:10 pm
      Lukaku with 2 already. F**k

And some said on here, that he's gonna be sh*t at United. F**ker is a Beast. I bet he gets 30+ goals this Season.

We have to sign a f**king World Class Striker as well as a DM and a new CB.

I reckon if we end up letting Couts go, chuck all that cash into getting Greizmann or Aubamayang.

He is a beast but even this game went idol a little. Thierry Henry called his stats spot on. CB priority No 1 mate as your awful at the back as you know. Your front line not bad at all and Mane will defo get you 20 + easy.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #86: Aug 13, 2017 11:25:20 pm
      He is a beast but even this game went idol a little. Thierry Henry called his stats spot on. CB priority No 1 mate as your awful at the back as you know. Your front line not bad at all and Mane will defo get you 20 + easy.

You still here, Keith?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #87: Aug 13, 2017 11:27:09 pm

Matic is an absolute corker of a signing. Can't believe Chelsea sold him especially to Man Utd. Like Arsenal with Van Persie it's like Apple selling to Microsoft or vice versa. Ridiculous but I bet you Mancs won't mind one bit! He does Herrera's job and while Herrera was very good at playing deep and pressing, Matic just seems to do it on a whole other level - a complete natural in that position and makes me yearn for the times when we had the likes of Mascherano there back in the day!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #88: Aug 13, 2017 11:28:18 pm

He'll yeah  ;D doing accounts and reading my favourite football forum at the same time.  :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #89: Aug 14, 2017 12:59:44 am
      He'll yeah  ;D doing accounts and reading my favourite football forum at the same time.  :)

God I hope you don't win the League, the thought of you gloating on here makes me want to ban you sick.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #90: Aug 14, 2017 07:34:13 am
      God I hope you don't win the League, the thought of you gloating on here makes me want to ban you sick.

I wouldn't say I'm gloating ( certainly not yet ) as it's very early days. I can only feel positive like any fan would be after yesterday's result. However, I know certain fans on here can take the banter better than others.  :) Your one of them that can take it and throw plenty of expletives  from a fun side :D

I certainly won't be winding you and others up though. It's been a very difficult month or two for you and the fans. I could name about 4/5 wankers on here that wud love to WUM coz their really anti towards mancs no matter what they have to say. However, I won't stoop to their level.

I have lots of sympathy for the genuine fans as it's increasingly obviously your owners simply not playing their part in making Liverpool a formidable force again.

On a lighter note now and in your language... F**k of mithering me  ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #91: Aug 14, 2017 11:35:08 pm
      I wouldn't say I'm gloating ( certainly not yet ) as it's very early days. I can only feel positive like any fan would be after yesterday's result. However, I know certain fans on here can take the banter better than others.  :) Your one of them that can take it and throw plenty of expletives  from a fun side :D

I certainly won't be winding you and others up though. It's been a very difficult month or two for you and the fans. I could name about 4/5 wankers on here that wud love to WUM coz their really anti towards mancs no matter what they have to say. However, I won't stoop to their level.

I have lots of sympathy for the genuine fans as it's increasingly obviously your owners simply not playing their part in making Liverpool a formidable force again.

On a lighter note now and in your language... F**k of mithering me  ;D

I'll make a deal with you. If you win the League you leave our forum forever.   :angel:

If you don't win the League, you leave our forum forever.  :D

Now F**k off  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Quick Reply