Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Premier League 2017/18

Read 122426 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Premier League 2017/18
      Reply #483: Dec 17, 2017 09:44:52 am
      It’s not like you Mancs haven’t tried to buy success, you’ve spent just as much as City in recent years. Only difference is, they have have a manager who knows how to actually build and develop a team.

Think I remember us doing it without money with the class of 92 and won many many trophies. However, those days hardly likely to appear any time soon. These days you can only win success by spending millions. Even the most ardent of Liverpool fans can surely see that after having little success in the last ten years.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #484: Dec 17, 2017 02:58:03 pm
      brom are crap and we could nit score against them
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #485: Dec 17, 2017 03:25:49 pm
      brom are crap and we could nit score against them

That's because we can't win ugly and only score through counter attacks which is useless against team like Brom who never attack.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #486: Dec 17, 2017 03:41:34 pm
      Think I remember us doing it without money with the class of 92 and won many many trophies. However, those days hardly likely to appear any time soon. These days you can only win success by spending millions. Even the most ardent of Liverpool fans can surely see that after having little success in the last ten years.

Yep - as much as I try to delude myself into believing that we can win the Premier League under our current spending I know that delusion is ultimately the source of most of my frustrations. Having Klopp as boss, who I wouldn't swap for anyone, perhaps adds to that hope given his achievements at Dortmund but we have to remember that even in the Bundesliga he had fewer hurdles to clear before he could have a clear shot at the title.

It is harder but far more sensible to accept that we'll probably not win the league under current circumstances regardless of how good our manager is. To continue plundering hope when we have players like Mignolet, Can and Lovren in our seemingly irreplaceable spine is a delusion that only increases angst amongst the supporting ranks.(and lets face it - it will take at least two years to remove the duds from our team such is our minimal efforts in the transfer market)

If Klopp somehow did win the Premier League under FSG's current plans it would be an incredible achievement and his achievement alone. Not theirs.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #487: Dec 17, 2017 06:51:02 pm

Going back to the 92 squad is irrelevant, for years now, Leicester aside, you won’t win it without throwing a massive amount of money at it. Something, which as I said, is something you lot are just as guilt of because there was a time before the Chav takeover, City takeover and generally the increase in money overall, you were still massively outspending everyone (even with your 92 bunch). Back when 30mill was a lot, you would spend that no problem and had the success because of it so let’s not pretend you lot used to do a Leicester and win it on a shoe string. You’ve always spent jut as much, if not more than anyone else, but difference now is, you don’t have the managers capable of making use of that money properly because you think you’re e entitled to instant success.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #488: Dec 17, 2017 07:17:10 pm
      Going back to the 92 squad is irrelevant, for years now, Leicester aside, you won’t win it without throwing a massive amount of money at it. Something, which as I said, is something you lot are just as guilt of because there was a time before the Chav takeover, City takeover and generally the increase in money overall, you were still massively outspending everyone (even with your 92 bunch). Back when 30mill was a lot, you would spend that no problem and had the success because of it so let’s not pretend you lot used to do a Leicester and win it on a shoe string. You’ve always spent jut as much, if not more than anyone else, but difference now is, you don’t have the managers capable of making use of that money properly because you think you’re e entitled to instant success.

Off course it's relevant as then didn't need to dig as deep into their pockets unlike now where the top teams have to spend fortunes (( as a rule )) just to go get into the top 4 for CL football.

Simple truth these days if you don't spend big  your just also ran's. Look at your own team and what the owners have bought in the transfer market, hardly breathtaking is it?? You can ill afford spending 40 million on a squad player that doesn't improve your team. 10 million on one that can't even make the bench.

Untill you get fresh owners I can't see you winning the league. United still somewhat lagging too but least we have improved than when under Moyles & Van Gal.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #489: Dec 17, 2017 08:33:01 pm
      Off course it's relevant as then didn't need to dig as deep into their pockets unlike now where the top teams have to spend fortunes (( as a rule )) just to go get into the top 4 for CL football.

Simple truth these days if you don't spend big  your just also ran's. Look at your own team and what the owners have bought in the transfer market, hardly breathtaking is it?? You can ill afford spending 40 million on a squad player that doesn't improve your team. 10 million on one that can't even make the bench.

Untill you get fresh owners I can't see you winning the league. United still somewhat lagging too but least we have improved than when under Moyles & Van Gal.

I haven’t even mentioned us so not sure why you are even going into that and our transfers. Actually, I do, it’s because you don’t like the fact you have spent just as much as City and not come close to winning the league since Fergie and don’t want to admit now that you’ve got a manager who doesn’t know how to develop his side into a winning team with all that money. He will always be an understudy to Pep. Pep showed him how it was done in Spain and now he is in England too.

But you say how our transfer market hasn’t been breathtaking. Your right to an extent, but what about Salah and Mane for a combined fee of what you paid for Lukaku, a combined fee of less than you paid for Pogba, a combined fee of not much more tha you paid for Martial. Coutinho for 8mill, Suarez 22mill. When was the last time you can say you’ve picked up a player as good as them for such a fee? You’d be looking at DDG and that’s it.
      You say about our owners and how you have improved under your current management. Well, you have the owners to deliver the money needed to win the league but you don’t have the manager to use it properly now. Let’s be honest, had it not been for DDG this season, you’d be a lot further back. The fact your best player this season has been your keeper by a country mile, shows just how poor your team actually is. Don’t get me wrong, he’s probably the keeper to have now, but when you pay as much as you do for your outfield players, including 75mill for a striker who had what, 1 goal in 11 games? That’s pretty shocking.

« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2017 08:44:40 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #490: Dec 17, 2017 08:39:15 pm
      I haven’t even mentioned us so not sure why you are even going into that and our transfers. Actually, I do, it’s because you don’t like the fact you have spent just as much as City and not come close to winning the league since Fergie and don’t want to admit now that you’ve got a manager who doesn’t know how to develop his side into a winning team with all that money. He will always be an understudy to Pep. Pep showed him how it was done in Spain and now he is in England too.

Of course I'm not happy that Pep doing better job than Mourinho. No rose tinted glasses with me KK. Unlike you who is very blinkered with your views re United. I just have to except you'll never say anything positive about the mancs coz you hate them.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #491: Dec 17, 2017 08:43:48 pm
      Of course I'm not happy that Pep doing better job than Mourinho. No rose tinted glasses with me KK. Unlike you who is very blinkered with your views re United. I just have to except you'll never say anything positive about the mancs coz you hate them.

How am I blinkered? I praised you as having the best keeper around... but you failed to quote that part of my post to suit your own.

The fact this is your reply shows you have no argument to my point.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #492: Dec 17, 2017 08:49:27 pm
      How am I blinkered? I praised you as having the best keeper around...

The fact this is your reply shows you have no argument to my point.

Oh my god you have me speechless at times  ;D Apart from stating the obvious about De Gea your views are always negative. Don't let those rose tinted glasses go dirty mate, we don't want you giving the mancs compliments now do we.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #493: Dec 17, 2017 10:13:00 pm
      Oh my god you have me speechless at times  ;D Apart from stating the obvious about De Gea your views are always negative. Don't let those rose tinted glasses go dirty mate, we don't want you giving the mancs compliments now do we.

Again, typical response from you. I said about the money you’ve spent throughout the prem before the massive increase for everyone, I’ve said about Jose and his failing to develop the squad and you’ve failed to actually come back with anything. Instead try and reflect onto our signing of Ox or Robertson and then persisting with “tinted glasses” for your last 2 replies. But then, I guess you now living in City’s shadow must be hard for you to take, that’s why you are so happy to say about their spending but not your own.

Says it all.

There is no tinted glasses from me, I say it how it is. If we have been sh*t I will say it, if we’ve battered I won’t make excuses, I will give other teams credit where deserved but if you want people jerking off about United then you are on the wrong forum, maybe remember that.
      In fact, since you had that easy start to the season and your fixtures have gotten tougher, there isn’t much you can say about your team apart from more often than not, DDG has saved you time and again. Unless you want me praising your 1 in a 11 striker who gifts two goals to City?...
      « Last Edit: Dec 17, 2017 10:20:38 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #494: Dec 17, 2017 10:52:41 pm
      Again, typical response from you. I said about the money you’ve spent throughout the prem before the massive increase for everyone, I’ve said about Jose and his failing to develop the squad and you’ve failed to actually come back with anything. Instead try and reflect onto our signing of Ox or Robertson and then persisting with “tinted glasses” for your last 2 replies. But then, I guess you now living in City’s shadow must be hard for you to take, that’s why you are so happy to say about their spending but not your own.

Says it all.

There is no tinted glasses from me, I say it how it is. If we have been sh*t I will say it, if we’ve battered I won’t make excuses, I will give other teams credit where deserved but if you want people jerking off about United then you are on the wrong forum, maybe remember that.
      In fact, since you had that easy start to the season and your fixtures have gotten tougher, there isn’t much you can say about your team apart from more often than not, DDG has saved you time and again. Unless you want me praising your 1 in a 11 striker who gifts two goals to City?...

Hardly a shadow as its been 18 games not 18 years, or shud I say more like 20 + United were top of the tree. When City bring home trophies then you may have a point. However, to say we're now in their shadow confirms you're very much blinkered with your views.

Jose has hardly failed as in almost any other year having played 18 games won 13, drawn 2 lost 3 we would be top of league. The bar has just been set at a unprecedented level by the boys in blue so certainly no complaints from this manc. I'm happy that we have made strides in going forward, granted its a significant margin behind them but least we're still winning a few trophies on the way, more than can what be said about Liverpool.

I will say this though, City do look like they can go on and win trophies on the 18 GAMES!! I've seen so far but saying it and doing it is a different matter even though I wouldn't bet against it.

Please please don't start  if it wasn't for De  Gea bullsh!t again as if it's not him then over the years I'm sure you'd of thrown in Cantona, Rooney, Ronaldo, Schmeichel, or even Ibrahimovic on last seasons performances. The list is endless over the years. It's a team game, period.

Shall I throw Salah run of form for Liverpool in and where you would be without him??  Not at all coz it's a team game and I can see past bitter rivalry unlike yourself.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #495: Dec 18, 2017 12:12:21 am
      Jose has hardly failed as in almost any other year having played 18 games won 13, drawn 2 lost 3 we would be top of league. The bar has just been set at a unprecedented level by the boys in blue so certainly no complaints from this manc. I'm happy that we have made strides in going forward, granted its a significant margin behind them but least we're still winning a few trophies on the way, more than can what be said about Liverpool.

But it’s not any other year is it, it’s this year, that’s an argument that can be used for anything and it will always be irrelevant. Just because it means you’d have been top another year means nothing for now does it.

Please please don't start  if it wasn't for De  Gea bullsh!t again as if it's not him then over the years I'm sure you'd of thrown in Cantona, Rooney, Ronaldo, Schmeichel, or even Ibrahimovic on last seasons performances. The list is endless over the years. It's a team game, period.

Why, because it’s true? I was highlighting he’s been by far your best player because it was highlighting the failings and weaknesses of your outfield players. Do you deny he has won you a lot of points this season with his performances? What’s the matter, don’t like me praising the strength of your keeper? Going to stick to your usual comment of “tinted glasses, blinkered” etc?

Shall I throw Salah run of form for Liverpool in and where you would be without him??  Not at all coz it's a team game and I can see past bitter rivalry unlike yourself

Go for it, I would happily admit he’s been the main player of our team this season, something you cannot admit about DDG so I’d say it’s you who is blinkered. Also difference is, I’m confident we’d have a better chance of winning without Salah still, than you would without DDG.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #496: Dec 18, 2017 09:00:08 am
      But it’s not any other year is it, it’s this year, that’s an argument that can be used for anything and it will always be irrelevant. Just because it means you’d have been top another year means nothing for now does it.

Why, because it’s true? I was highlighting he’s been by far your best player because it was highlighting the failings and weaknesses of your outfield players. Do you deny he has won you a lot of points this season with his performances? What’s the matter, don’t like me praising the strength of your keeper? Going to stick to your usual comment of “tinted glasses, blinkered” etc?

Go for it, I would happily admit he’s been the main player of our team this season, something you cannot admit about DDG so I’d say it’s you who is blinkered. Also difference is, I’m confident we’d have a better chance of winning without Salah still, than you would without DDG.

You and I will always agree to differ coz your views are blinkered, try horse riding as a hobby, it might help you think straighter.  ;D

May I take this moment to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy  :)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #497: Dec 19, 2017 12:03:02 pm
      Again, typical response from you. I said about the money you’ve spent throughout the prem before the massive increase for everyone, I’ve said about Jose and his failing to develop the squad and you’ve failed to actually come back with anything.

United’s win % this season is currently 74.07 (P 27). The best ever win % in a season for the club is 73.08 in 1905/1906 (P42).

Ferguson’s best was 71.09% in 07/08.

City are (in) exceptional form doesn’t mean United are sh*te or struggling.

Improvement is also required though.  Squad  and  style wise.

I believe that will improve.

You can't Find a better man doing a better job than Jose at United.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #498: Dec 19, 2017 01:39:39 pm

Pep at City ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #499: Dec 19, 2017 02:16:16 pm

Thats at City, i said United  :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #500: Dec 19, 2017 05:56:44 pm

United’s win % this season is currently 74.07 (P 27). The best ever win % in a season for the club is 73.08 in 1905/1906 (P42).

Ferguson’s best was 71.09% in 07/08.

City are (in) exceptional form doesn’t mean United are sh*te or struggling.

Improvement is also required though.  Squad  and  style wise.

I believe that will improve.

So you say we will just have to agree to disagree, and then carry on a day or so later? Has it only taken until now to find that?

What about how Jose had a worst record than Moyes and united’s worst ever away record or something last season? So I wouldn’t get to carried away with this season and saying you couldn’t have a better manager for the club. Although, c**t of a bloke and c**t of a club so well matched to be fair ;).

Granted, despite the bad records Jose was setting last season, he did have that incredible 26 game unbeaten streak...was it 26? You know the one, the one where at the start of that run, and by the end of it, when we were in apparent bad form and you managed to close the gap on us by 1 point. Incredible that was, still in awe of it now. No need for us to go over last seasons ground though, that’s for another day.

To be honest with you lid, I’d forgotten all about what we were even talking about a few days ago and had to read back because I didn’t have a clue what you were quoting me about, well in for having out of that debate but then to attempt to carry it on a day or so later.
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2017 06:01:29 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #501: Dec 23, 2017 02:27:23 pm
      At least we stay in touch with Chelsea with the draw there.

How grim are Everton as well - didn't even have a shot on target at home.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #502: Dec 23, 2017 02:40:19 pm
      Now we need Leicester and Burnley to win!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #503: Dec 23, 2017 02:50:17 pm
      Burnley and spurs draw please
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #504: Dec 23, 2017 02:57:54 pm
      At least we stay in touch with Chelsea with the draw there.

How grim are Everton as well - didn't even have a shot on target at home.

First part of my Goliath bet comes in with that. 7 more to go!
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #505: Dec 23, 2017 05:45:32 pm
      Alli has lost it. What a complete and utter c**t / liability.

First he gets away with yet another red card offence (in my opinion) after getting away with one against City (De Bruyne) and then blatantly dives to win them a penalty. Surely there has to come some sort of retrospective action against him?

Pochettino is weak as f**k. If I were manager, I'd take Alli off right there. Does he actually talk to him about that stuff? He just keeps putting in these ridiculous challenges and dives all over the place (how often has he dived now?). The way he sometimes goes to the ball is mind boggling. He is very lucky he hasn't broken someone's leg yet. Unbelievable.

Quick Reply