Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Lucas Leiva - Newcastle/Lazio

Read 14014 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Lucas Leiva - Newcastle/Lazio
      Jun 16, 2017 10:58:10 am
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2017 04:09:18 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Lucas Leiva - Newcastle
      Reply #1: Jun 16, 2017 11:36:42 am

Not being funny, but a fans site is not a source, it's a theory.

Not saying it won't happen, but blogs aren't reputable.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #2: Jun 16, 2017 12:16:08 pm

Thisisanfield site is quite trustworthy mate. They don't post news in a hurry. Also, if you read the article on the site, you would find that they have quoted Northern echo.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3: Jun 16, 2017 12:40:03 pm

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/15347466.Newcastle_United_line_up_move_for_Liverpool_s_Lucas_Leiva/
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4: Jun 16, 2017 12:59:16 pm
      Thisisanfield site is quite trustworthy mate. They don't post news in a hurry. Also, if you read the article on the site, you would find that they have quoted Northern echo.

Fair play,

But really the opening post should not just have a comment & link, the post should include the article in text/news format.
      Agree that is a pain, but there you go. Example can be seen here. https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,49603.0.html

About the Transfer board
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #5: Jun 16, 2017 01:51:54 pm
      Would be gutted to see him go, he has been a fantastic servant to the club. I think he could still play a role and his experience could be useful in certain games this season.

It would be a great signing for Newcastle and Rafa though and I only wish him well if he chooses to go.

When are we going to give this bloke a testimonial? Excuse me if we have already.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6: Jun 16, 2017 04:10:02 pm
      He wouldn't go to another another English, will be Italy or back to Brazil if he leaves. Like to see him stay personally, can always rely on him.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7: Jun 19, 2017 12:38:41 pm
      Would be gutted to see him go, he has been a fantastic servant to the club. 

I think he could still play a role and his experience could be useful in certain games this season.

It would be a great signing for Newcastle and Rafa though and I only wish him well if he chooses to go.

When are we going to give this bloke a testimonial? Excuse me if we have already.

Exactly . Agree with all the above .
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #8: Jun 19, 2017 01:49:02 pm
      Fair play,

But really the opening post should not just have a comment & link, the post should include the article in text/news format.
      Agree that is a pain, but there you go. Example can be seen here. https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,49603.0.html

About the Transfer board
      That example shows incoming transfer, I would have thought that outgoing has another format so I looked at the Alberto Moreno thread as a guide. May I suggest if there is really brackets for all you could have for incoming: player<<(team) and for outgoing: player>>(team) for a format if that really is an important thing.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9: Jun 19, 2017 04:26:40 pm
      That example shows incoming transfer, I would have thought that outgoing has another format so I looked at the Alberto Moreno thread as a guide. May I suggest if there is really brackets for all you could have for incoming: player<<(team) and for outgoing: player>>(team) for a format if that really is an important thing.

Or just post the article?...
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Jun 19, 2017 05:28:58 pm
      I'd keep him because the squad is so thin, he 'can do a job', and his experience.

If we had more solidly performing able bodies, would not be a problem. BUT we just about squeaked 4th, with NO other competitive distraction, nada.  Even WITHOUT shipping out players, we need to sign more guys for depth.

Though his pace is gone, and he consistently gives away set pieces in dangerous places, the lack of talent etc in the existing squad means for me he should stay for another season.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #11: Jun 19, 2017 05:52:57 pm
      I'd keep him because the squad is so thin, he 'can do a job', and his experience.

If we had more solidly performing able bodies, would not be a problem. BUT we just about squeaked 4th, with NO other competitive distraction, nada.  Even WITHOUT shipping out players, we need to sign more guys for depth.

Though his pace is gone, and he consistently gives away set pieces in dangerous places, the lack of talent etc in the existing squad means for me he should stay for another season.

Outstanding servant as he has been Lucas would have been shipped last season or even earlier in the days of a successful LFC.
      The driving force behind him being kept on is as you describe a lack of quality, a lack of quality in depth; that lack of quality in depth means we are forced to depend on players past their better days and the horrible truth is we cannot afford to let Lucas Leiva go because the team still lacks quality in depth.

Which manager are we to blame?
      « Last Edit: Jun 19, 2017 05:57:01 pm by stuey »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #12: Jul 14, 2017 12:27:40 pm
      Could be on his way to Italy for £5m

I'd prefer to sell Stewart than this lad but I think the driving force behind it is actually going in search of first team minutes rather than us looking to offload. Can totally understand that, would really like to see him come back in some capacity in the future though if this is the case, top bloke and top player.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #13: Jul 14, 2017 12:37:54 pm
      Could be on his way to Italy for £5m

I'd prefer to sell Stewart than this lad but I think the driving force behind it is actually going in search of first team minutes rather than us looking to offload. Can totally understand that, would really like to see him come back in some capacity in the future though if this is the case, top bloke and top player.

I won't begrudge him wanting to move but I would perfer him to see out his career with us. Not just for sentimental reasons either, he's a handy player to have around the squad. If they've any sense they'd be offering him a route into coaching, part of a new generation boot room.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #14: Jul 14, 2017 01:04:51 pm
      Has had a lot of criticism over the years some of which has been way overboard but i will genuinely be sorry to see lucas leave, a good player and an even better bloke.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #15: Jul 14, 2017 01:15:09 pm
      Has had a lot of criticism over the years some of which has been way overboard but i will genuinely be sorry to see lucas leave, a good player and an even better bloke.

This.

10 years service is amazing. Well done to him, Ife he gets a move to Lazio, superb, good luck to him. If he stays he will give us the 110% he has always given when called upon.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16: Jul 14, 2017 01:23:42 pm
      He deserved that criticism. Nice guy but not good enough for us really.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #17: Jul 14, 2017 01:49:58 pm
      Brought a lot to the squad, shame that he looks to be on his way.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #18: Jul 14, 2017 01:54:46 pm
      Reports that the offer has been accepted.

https://twitter.com/anfieldhq/status/885842730907312128
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #19: Jul 14, 2017 02:11:56 pm

Good luck to the lad.

He deserves to play first team football for a good club.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #20: Jul 14, 2017 02:23:10 pm
      BREAKING: @LFC accept £5m offer from @OfficialSSLazio for midfielder @LucasLeiva87. #SSNHQ

Sad sad...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #21: Jul 14, 2017 03:10:50 pm
      Brings a lot of experience and calm which we may need at some point this season but I understand he isn't going to get many games. Top bloke and proved his critics wrong time and time again, strong mentality and sad to see him leave IF he goes.

Oh come on now, he's a top bloke and a top professional but we've been needing an upgrade for a long time. Hope he gets some decent game time at Lazio.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #22: Jul 14, 2017 03:21:58 pm
      I guess Keita must be a pretty much close to a done deal then since we got rid of Lucas. Massive upgrade

Quick Reply