Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Lucas Leiva - Newcastle/Lazio

Read 14008 times
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Re: Lucas Leiva - Newcastle/Lazio
      Reply #46: Jul 15, 2017 03:52:21 pm
      I am gutted he's going, a fabulous player who always gave his very best. He really got the City and the fans and embraced it all. I wish him and his family all the very best, and I hope one day we'll see him back in some capacity.
      He will be missed, a great professional. 💕 😒
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #47: Jul 15, 2017 04:00:48 pm
      The very best of luck to Lucas and his family, sad to see adopted scousers leave us
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #48: Jul 15, 2017 04:14:15 pm
      You know what Rib, instead of infecting this forum with your dire attempts at provocation and immature bullshit, for once in your f**king life try being magnanimous and complimentary on occasions like this. Your post history is nothing but a shitstream of sub standard bullshit.

Nailed it FMS, absolutely spot on, i can't remember Rib ever being complimentary to anyone who adorned the Liverpool Red, i also can't be arsed going thru previous posts but i really don't have to, because posts from the likes of him kind of get stuck in the memory banks, not because they are worth remembering but because you think to yourself, why the F**k should someone say that, obviously i cannot be particularly specific but the general consensus is his posts are like you said, a 'shitstream of sub standard bullshit', a very precise description of which i totally agree.

ANYHOO !

Good luck Lucas, a great player and servant to LFC, all the best lad.

UNLUCKEEEEEEE!!!

YNWA
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #49: Jul 15, 2017 04:16:58 pm
      I still think his performance in the League Cup Final last year against a very good Man City was a masterclass in defending that really put to shame our 'full time' central defenders, particularly Skrtel. One of the most honest, smart and dedicated players to have ever played for us and it's a real real shame that the prime of his career was ruined by injury and a club that was in dire straits thanks to the mess of Hicks, Gillett and Hodgson etc.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #50: Jul 15, 2017 05:50:27 pm
      I still think his performance in the League Cup Final last year against a very good Man City was a masterclass in defending that really put to shame our 'full time' central defenders, particularly Skrtel. One of the most honest, smart and dedicated players to have ever played for us and it's a real real shame that the prime of his career was ruined by injury and a club that was in dire straits thanks to the mess of Hicks, Gillett and Hodgson etc.
      I can't say for the whole match because I honestly don't remember, but I remember he pretty much stood in front of Aguero for a few 3 seconds and didn't challenge for the ball which led to City scoring the opening goal. Moreno was in that calamity too, but honestly Lucas and Moreno both were terrible in that goal we conceded. That was a cup final game and got caught ball watching.

here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxIGAPJjPeI

Anyway, maybe I am wrong and you are right and it was a masterclass  :f_whistle:
      Doesn't matter if I am right or wrong, but I will stick to my opinion, nice guy but was not good enough for Liverpool.
      « Last Edit: Jul 15, 2017 05:59:35 pm by Ribapuru »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #51: Jul 15, 2017 06:00:16 pm
      I can't say for the whole match because I honestly don't remember, but I remember he pretty much stood in front of Aguero for a few 3 seconds and didn't challenge for the ball which led to City scoring the opening goal. Moreno was in that calamity too, but honestly Lucas and Moreno both were terrible in that goal we conceded. That was a cup final game and got caught ball watching.

here it is

Anyway, maybe I am wrong and you are right and it was a masterclass  :f_whistle:

Yeah what althebest said above. Clutching at straw ain't you.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #52: Jul 15, 2017 06:02:09 pm
      Just watched it and Lucas was no way to blame! now f*ck off with your disrespect.
      It is not disrespectful to not rate a guy just because he was a nice guy and is leaving. It is called being honest. I don't care if I am hated on here for it, I won't change my mind and start rating Lucas now just to suit you guys. Like I already said, I wish him well and he is a great guy... but LFC quality? Not in my opinion.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #53: Jul 15, 2017 06:08:48 pm
      Yeah what althebest said above. Clutching at straw ain't you.
      I think I remember now, he was very good in that game. I do still think he could have gone in and challenged for that though. There is a difference between rating and respecting a player, the two aren't the same. I honestly respect him but to say he didn't deserve fan criticism is barmy. Politically correct barmy brigade again. I respect Lucas more than Suarez, it has nothing to do with respect, purely football ability.
      « Last Edit: Jul 15, 2017 06:27:30 pm by Ribapuru »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #54: Jul 15, 2017 07:17:26 pm
      Gutted to see him go. He got off to a tough start here but eventually proved most of his doubters wrong and became a real fan favourite.

Even now some fans don't appreciate him and realise how good he is. Lost his legs a little bit but his experience could have been crucial going into a champions league season.

Best of luck Lucas mate, you'll be missed.

That says it for me.

Could never understand why people didn't warm to him in the early days .

He has stuck at it and has pulled off some blinder performamces  in our shirt of Red.

Like Dirk .... sad to see them go off mid transfer window without the match opportunity to say goodbye or by way of a testimonial.

Good luck Lucas lad  ......  you are going to be missed.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #55: Jul 15, 2017 07:29:08 pm
      :'(
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #56: Jul 15, 2017 07:34:00 pm

here it is

Doesn't matter if I am right or wrong, but I will stick to my opinion, nice guy but was not good enough for Liverpool.

F**k off you muppet, 10 years at LFC yet he was'nt good enough , stop being a total kunt Riba, talking out of your rectum as usual.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #57: Jul 15, 2017 07:46:37 pm
      Get him a testimonial now !
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #58: Jul 15, 2017 11:46:26 pm
      I think I remember now, he was very good in that game. I do still think he could have gone in and challenged for that though. There is a difference between rating and respecting a player, the two aren't the same. I honestly respect him but to say he didn't deserve fan criticism is barmy. Politically correct barmy brigade again. I respect Lucas more than Suarez, it has nothing to do with respect, purely football ability.

You really need to take your medicine for your fluctuating memory.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #59: Jul 16, 2017 12:07:58 am

With all cash generated going to a kids charity/hospital.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #60: Jul 16, 2017 12:20:29 am
      With all cash generated going to a kids charity/hospital.

Heard on TAW that we can expect to have him back for one sometime next year.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #61: Jul 16, 2017 09:45:45 am

F**k off you muppet, 10 years at LFC yet he was'nt good enough , stop being a total kunt Riba, talking out of your rectum as usual.
      Since 2009 this season is the second time we qualified  for CL. In the first season we missed CL league football Lucas bagged 50 apps. Not blaming lucas since he shouldn't have been put in a position to replace Alonso at that stage in his career. He took a while to get better but I never felt he was good enough for the top level, but loyal and a nice guy he was.
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2017 09:55:59 am by Ribapuru »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #62: Jul 16, 2017 09:50:59 am
      Regarded highly enough to have featured under consecutive managers for the Reds.

Loved the kid's resilience, moxy and loyalty.

Good luck Lucas. 👍😎
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #63: Jul 16, 2017 09:55:28 am
      Since 2009 this season is the second time we qualified  for CL. In the first season we missed CL league football Lucas bagged 50 apps. Not blaming lucas since he shouldn't have been put in a position to replace Alonso. He took a while to get better but I never felt he was good enough, but loyal and a nice guy he was.

So all that is down to Lucas is it? Wind yer f***in neck in lad!!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #64: Jul 16, 2017 09:59:52 am
      So all that is down to Lucas is it? Wind yer f***in neck in lad!!
      no, not all down to him at all.
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2017 10:22:44 am by Ribapuru »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #65: Jul 16, 2017 10:50:09 pm

Quick Reply