Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Champions League 2017/2018

Read 85320 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: Champions League 2017/2018
      Reply #437: Apr 12, 2018 12:54:26 am
      This is maybe the most bias, moronic and bitter thing I’ve read in years.

Struggle to score 10 goals a season! Give me a f**king break! Are you high! I hate the c**t but he’s one of the all time greats. To not see this is just ignorant and your opinion on anything to do with football should be null and void.

GOAT was the call. Zidane has  just won 2 CL trophies in his first two years of managing is he also the GOAT. I think maybe you're missing point.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #438: Apr 12, 2018 01:17:18 am
      GOAT was the call. Zidane has  just won 2 CL trophies in his first two years of managing is he also the GOAT. I think maybe you're missing point.

Don't try and back out of it. You said you doubt Ronaldo would score 10 goals a season at Roma, something Dzeko has already doubled this season. Utterly, UTTERLY out of order and no way you can even try and back that up.

Like I said, I hate the c**t, but F**k me what you said was embarrassing and you needed called out on it, you can't just spraff sh*te and expect nobody to call you on it.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #439: Apr 12, 2018 01:42:08 am
      Don't try and back out of it. You said you doubt Ronaldo would score 10 goals a season at Roma, something Dzeko has already doubled this season. Utterly, UTTERLY out of order and no way you can even try and back that up.

Like I said, I hate the c**t, but f**k me what you said was embarrassing and you needed called out on it, you can't just spraff sh*te and expect nobody to call you on it.

I don't have to back out of it, it's an opinion, neither of us can prove anything. A 33 year old Ronaldo at a team like Roma would not be breaking any records.
      A 33 year old Ronaldo with Marcelo, Varane, Carvajal, Ramos, Bale, Benzema, Kroos, Modric, Isco, Arsensio, Casemeiro, etc. with no defensive duties, just goal scoring duties, does. It's a business. Money talks. What I said isn't a stretch really. Zidane goes to Roma without the sustained level of investment Madrid have enjoyed over the past decade and he does nothing.

Ronaldo 3 World Cups - 3 goals, 4 European Championships 9 goals. Hardly the stuff of legends. James Rodriguez scored 4 in one world cup. He's what we call in sport a front runner, excellent when you are at a considerable advantage and disappears when you're not.

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #440: Apr 12, 2018 04:54:02 am
      I don't have to back out of it, it's an opinion, neither of us can prove anything. A 33 year old Ronaldo at a team like Roma would not be breaking any records.
      A 33 year old Ronaldo with Marcelo, Varane, Carvajal, Ramos, Bale, Benzema, Kroos, Modric, Isco, Arsensio, Casemeiro, etc. with no defensive duties, just goal scoring duties, does. It's a business. Money talks. What I said isn't a stretch really. Zidane goes to Roma without the sustained level of investment Madrid have enjoyed over the past decade and he does nothing.

Ronaldo 3 World Cups - 3 goals, 4 European Championships 9 goals. Hardly the stuff of legends. James Rodriguez scored 4 in one world cup. He's what we call in sport a front runner, excellent when you are at a considerable advantage and disappears when you're not.

You’re F***ing boring. Top player plays for top club. Hardly something new is it.

The fact he plays with some unbelievable footballers and is still the stand out player, and has been for years, says a lot about his quality.

There has never been a footballer more dedicated to making themselves as good as they possibly could be.

The top teams have the most money, it isn’t a new thing and as Mags said, you’re coming off as bitter and moronic by refusing to even acknowledge that Ronaldo and Messi are even good players, let alone two of the greatest ever.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #441: Apr 12, 2018 06:43:14 am
      So is a defender these days not allowed to touch an attacker at all tgen?

In that position, running at somebody from behind who's about to shoot at goal from four yards out? I'd say, nowadays, no, you really shouldn't be touching a man before you're getting the ball. Asking for and more often than not, getting yourself into, deep sh*t. Exhibit A being last night.
      « Last Edit: Apr 12, 2018 07:01:35 am by what-a-hit-son »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #442: Apr 12, 2018 07:51:13 am
      In case you are wondering i had the radio on, mea culpa
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #443: Apr 12, 2018 10:16:13 am
      GOAT is Messi!!!

But, why is Muller rarely mentioned?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerd_M%C3%BCller

Those stats, trophies and awards he won, wtf? I heard about him, I know of him, but rarely has anyone banged on about how legendary he was. All I hear from these pundits is that no one has ever reached the stats that Messi and Ronaldo has reached...
      « Last Edit: Apr 12, 2018 10:22:02 am by PurpleMonkey »
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #444: Apr 12, 2018 11:33:10 am
      That's a harsh penalty call. Shouldn't have been given in the circumstances.

Yes there was contact, and yes by the letter it was a penalty, but the law must be applied in consideration of precedence. So many of those type fouls are not given as penalties, that it makes this a possible non penalty despite the contact. Considering the fact that this was the last kick of the game, and the implications, and the fact that the guy was likely going to do nothing with it as he went towards the ball with his head (with pressure from defender, and proximity to keeper) it is poor from Oliver to award the penalty.

Even more ridiculous to send Buffon off, thus giving Ronaldo a better chance of scoring.

Can't go to the World Cup? So he's sure to claim the world attention from this incident..
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #445: Apr 12, 2018 03:30:59 pm
      Did not watch the game, but I did feel that in the first leg Juve' was the better; albeit the less luckier team, so I am glad that it was Real who when through, but in fairness it should have been Juve'... Real will be an easier game for us than Juve' would have been
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #446: Apr 12, 2018 03:41:49 pm
      And if it's given against you would be pissed off

Of course i would.But one replay watch cleared it up for me,I've no horse in this race hate both teams,just weird how people can watch that and not see it as a pen.Same as the red card,Buffon gets a break cos it's his last(?)champions league game..nah F**k him,moody c**t.Ref could of sent a couple of them off for the reactions.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #447: Apr 12, 2018 06:52:03 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #448: Apr 12, 2018 08:27:55 pm
      Look at the story .... Ronaldo does it again... Really???? He did it all by himself.

Well yes, more or less, he jumps impossibly high to head the ball perfectly back to a team mate who is then fouled. The subsequent penalty after much noise, disruption, tension and pressure us executed perfectly, ubsaveable.
      I count him as the best player ever, who is your pick?
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #449: Apr 13, 2018 01:00:42 am
      You’re f**king boring. Top player plays for top club. Hardly something new is it.

The fact he plays with some unbelievable footballers and is still the stand out player, and has been for years, says a lot about his quality.

There has never been a footballer more dedicated to making themselves as good as they possibly could be.

The top teams have the most money, it isn’t a new thing and as Mags said, you’re coming off as bitter and moronic by refusing to even acknowledge that Ronaldo and Messi are even good players, let alone two of the greatest ever.

1. I didn't mention Messi.
      2. I said Ronaldo is not the GOAT
      3. There has never been footballer more dedicated to being the best they possibly could be - source?
      4. Not acknowledged they are good player - where?
      5. Boring - I don't care. I don't race to the boards to read your posts.
      6. Money has definitely skewed these players legacy. Including they amount of service they receive, the focus of their teams ... in short their stats. Why does the publicity machine go nuts over Ronaldo's overhead? Because he scored a good goal for once. They make a meal out of it. Otherwise he's just banging in goals. And just for your reference, part of a good team...

Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Carjaval, Kroos, Modric, Isco, Arsensio, Benzema, Bale, Casemeiro, Kovacavic etc including the 40 or more world class player they shipped in and out before they hit on a winning formula ... oh with ROnaldo up front.

Clear enough.

I'm guessing you're younger than me and part of the me generation, fixated on polar views which media driven and therefore part of a greater publicity machine.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #450: Apr 13, 2018 01:09:46 am
      Well yes, more or less, he jumps impossibly high to head the ball perfectly back to a team mate who is then fouled. The subsequent penalty after much noise, disruption, tension and pressure us executed perfectly, ubsaveable.
      I count him as the best player ever, who is your pick?

Peter Crouch, he wouldn't even have to jump.

Best player in terms of winning things off his own bat with a team not as good as the others.... Maradona. Won a world cup of his own bat with a team no where near the best in that competition. Won two scudetto's for Napoli (the only two) in an era with arguably the best club side (apart form Liverpool) of all time and well behind Juve and Inter Milan for starters. His technique has never been matched.

Ronaldo and Messi are two greats of the modern game but their legacy is greatly skewed. Messi's argentine side is far superior to the sides Maradona played in. Ronaldo's Portugal has only done it in acompetition where he had very little influence.

Even at at amateur level, have you played in dominant sides and crap sides? These guys play in absolutely dominant sides. It sin't because of them its the money and time spent developing these teams.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #451: Apr 13, 2018 01:49:43 am
      We are winning this aren’t we?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #452: Apr 13, 2018 01:52:34 am
      We are winning this aren’t we?

F**k yeah, Baby!
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #453: Apr 13, 2018 02:42:01 am
      GOAT is Messi!!!

But, why is Muller rarely mentioned?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerd_M%C3%BCller

Those stats, trophies and awards he won, wtf? I heard about him, I know of him, but rarely has anyone banged on about how legendary he was. All I hear from these pundits is that no one has ever reached the stats that Messi and Ronaldo has reached...

That's the point I was trying to get at before I became boring and bitter !! The stats are being used no to justify GOAT status and the stats are biased if you compare them to previous years, due to investment.

The thing is no one really went on about the goals Pele scored for Santos or the Harlem globetrotters scored because we knew they were usually biased.

Messi and Ronaldo are marketing tools for Nike and Adidas, they are the figureheads for their clubs, the tactics are derived around them and a support cast, that is the best in the business. Of course their stats are biased. Ronaldo's overhead is so raved about because he doesn't score many great goals anymore. I was more interested in the first one he scored against Juve, Benzema shielded the defender out of the way so Ronaldo could get to the ball, rather than take it on himself. The other players are tactically used as a support cast. Zidane must also be in consideration as the GOAT manager, but what about Enrique, Guardiola etc. Its the same argument I use against Mourinho, his stats are great in isolation but if you look at context, the era he came to prominence, the money spent etc. Now City and Chelsea have the money is England, is Mourinho caning it ..no. 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #454: Apr 13, 2018 03:36:47 pm
      Ramos not facing any further action from uefa is a huge shock isn't it ?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #455: Apr 13, 2018 04:00:31 pm
      What did he do?
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #456: Apr 13, 2018 04:34:26 pm

He was on the pitch behind Zidane during the last minutes of the game.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #457: Apr 13, 2018 05:07:05 pm
      He was on the pitch behind Zidane during the last minutes of the game.

Yep, should be a clear cut case.

At least it was against Alonso when he celebrated a Munich goal in the final a few years back. Believe he was given a 1 game suspension for it because he was supposed to be in the stands.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #458: Apr 13, 2018 05:14:54 pm
      Yep, should be a clear cut case.

At least it was against Alonso when he celebrated a Munich goal in the final a few years back. Believe he was given a 1 game suspension for it because he was supposed to be in the stands.

Yes that's how it was with Alonso.

Can't say I'm surprised that UEFA dind't take any further actions against Ramos.
      « Last Edit: Apr 13, 2018 05:19:06 pm by leosc »
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #459: Apr 13, 2018 11:09:58 pm
      This is maybe the most bias, moronic and bitter thing I’ve read in years.

Struggle to score 10 goals a season! Give me a f**king break! Are you high! I hate the c**t but he’s one of the all time greats. To not see this is just ignorant and your opinion on anything to do with football should be null and void.

great post

Quick Reply