Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Champions League 2017/2018

Read 85307 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Champions League 2017/2018
      Reply #575: May 01, 2018 09:41:03 pm
      How the hell did Real go through they were absolute sh*te. Bayern absolutely gifted them that game and the first one.
      Much prefer Real on the two games their defence is awful
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #576: May 01, 2018 09:41:24 pm
      Ulreich will be given the freedom of Madrid tonight.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #577: May 01, 2018 09:41:37 pm
      Bayern cannot finish - Madrid were awful but through - crazy game
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #578: May 01, 2018 09:41:43 pm
      Muller with a chance at the end sums up Bayern over the two legs.

Don't think I've ever seen a team so wasteful and messing up the final ball so badly at this level after dominating everything behind. Ribery especially - bloody awful.

Real through to another final. They're lucky...and deceitful with it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #579: May 01, 2018 09:41:44 pm
      What a difference having a proper goalkeeper makes. Sure Klopp was watching.

Navas had one of his best ever performances whilst Bayern seriously missed Neuer.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #580: May 01, 2018 09:42:25 pm
      Best team lost.
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #581: May 01, 2018 09:43:08 pm
      Bayern much the better team over two legs but they didn’t take their chances. Saying that, Real are a bunch of cheating, play acting drama queens.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #582: May 01, 2018 09:46:33 pm
      Oh my god, this feels like an Everton forum sometimes, the level of bitterness!

So now a team that makes 4 European Cup finals out of 5 isn't great! Yeah right
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #583: May 01, 2018 09:48:34 pm
      What a difference having a proper goalkeeper makes. Sure Klopp was watching.

Navas had one of his best ever performances whilst Bayern seriously missed Neuer.

Navas gifted Bayern their goal at the Allianz, where not for Bayern's wastefulness could have cost Real the finals.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #584: May 01, 2018 09:50:15 pm
      Bayern very unlucky..

So Madrid..
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #585: May 01, 2018 09:52:04 pm

Well we will see how great your Real are in the final on the 26th.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #586: May 01, 2018 09:54:03 pm

My real :roll:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #587: May 01, 2018 09:55:11 pm

I am actually with Diego on this. Yeah, they haven't been the best this season, but look at all those experienced match winners they have + Ronaldo? Not like we are better than them in all departments. Their midfield, CB pairing and GK are better, whilst we have the better attack and full backs. I really think it's gonna be a very difficult game.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #588: May 01, 2018 10:00:14 pm
      I am actually with Diego on this. Yeah, they haven't been the best this season, but look at all those experienced match winners they have + Ronaldo? Not like we are better than them in all departments. Their midfield, CB pairing and GK are better, whilst we have the better attack and full backs. I really think it's gonna be a very difficult game.

You just gotta laugh at the level of bitterness... the same old "dirty", "cheating bas**rds", "they have the referees" some LFC fans have used against Man Utd for three decades whilst they won the league every couple of years... one would have thought Ferguson was actually a sh*t manager. Now that he's gone, people seem more keen to admit he was actually quite good at his job. Now a club with 3 out of 4 UCL titles, 4 out of 5 finals, is supposedly 'not great'.

Yeah right. I'd much rather play against Tolisso and Tiago than Modric and Kroos. Nearly the entire Real Madrid's team would get into our starting XI, and their bench is much stronger as well.

I don't think our fullbacks are better. TAA has been great the last few games in the Champions League but Carvajal is a very accomplished player... today they had Vasquez there who isn't really a fullback. And as much as I love Robertson, he needs to play at that level for quite some time to be better than Marcelo. The only players we have that would make the Real Madrid team is our attacking trio, and even so not all of them.

Thankfully they haven't been playing to their best standards, but there's always the chance their game winners decide to show up for a big game.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #589: May 01, 2018 10:03:27 pm

If experience was all that mattered then Bayern would have beaten Real, look at how many winners they have in their team. Barca should have beaten Roma etc etc.

Were you expecting a stroll in the final no matter who we meet?

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #590: May 01, 2018 10:03:36 pm

Truly great sides capture the imagination of the public like Barcelona did at Wembley in 2011 or various other performances from that era. Madrid have never done that and they navigate themselves with a lack of class on the field as we saw once again tonight. They don't play football that is captivating, they've not influenced the game in the way that truly great teams do and they lack class on the field.

Bunch of cu*ts really.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #591: May 01, 2018 10:05:47 pm
      You just gotta laugh at the level of bitterness... the same old "dirty", "cheating bas**rds", "they have the referees" some LFC fans have used against Man Utd for three decades whilst they won the league every couple of years... one would have thought Ferguson was actually a sh*t manager. Now that he's gone, people seem more keen to admit he was actually quite good at his job. Now a club with 3 out of 4 UCL titles, 4 out of 5 finals, is supposedly 'not great'.

Yeah right. I'd much rather play against Tolisso and Tiago than Modric and Kroos. Nearly the entire Real Madrid's team would get into our starting XI, and their bench is much stronger as well.

I don't think our fullbacks are better. TAA has been great the last few games in the Champions League but Carvajal is a very accomplished player... today they had Vasquez there who isn't really a fullback. And as much as I love Robertson, he needs to play at that level for quite some time to be better than Marcelo. The only players we have that would make the Real Madrid team is our attacking trio, and even so not all of them.

Thankfully they haven't been playing to their best standards, but there's always the chance their game winners decide to show up for a big game.

You missed Zidane is also miles better than Klopp  :roll:

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #592: May 01, 2018 10:08:55 pm

If you're just going by the name on the back of the jersey's, sure, but that is not what Klopp's teams are about. Their experience in finals is not something to be overlooked, but saying they have looked very average and beatable is a fair comment.

We should in no way be afraid of them going into the final.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #593: May 01, 2018 10:09:51 pm
      If experience was all that mattered then Bayern would have beaten Real, look at how many winners they have in their team. Barca should have beaten Roma etc etc.

You're the only person implying that experience is all that matters, I don't understand the need to move the goalposts instead of engaging with the argument... Such as with stuff like this...

You missed Zidane is also miles better than Klopp  :roll:

Yeah, grow up. Or instead, do tell me which LFC players do you think would make the Real Madrid starting XI?

That is not to say we don't have a chance, I think our team is clearly worse than both Bayern's or Real's, but then again it was also worse than Man City's and we did them in both legs. And in 2005, the gap between the two finalists was not even funny.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #594: May 01, 2018 10:11:50 pm
      If you're just going by the name on the back of the jersey's, sure, but that is not what Klopp's teams are about. Their experience in finals is not something to be overlooked, but saying they have looked very average and beatable is a fair comment.

We should in no way be afraid of them going into the final.

I think no matter which team won tonight, we'd be playing against a better eleven than ours. But this is football, we've beaten better teams and lost to worse ones. We surely stand a chance with a special player like Salah in such great form.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #595: May 01, 2018 10:12:53 pm

Like how we should have destroyed Stoke, West Brom, Utd etc...

Not expecting a stroll, but the way how people are talking, it feels like we are gonna hammer them! I just think it'll be a lot.... a lot harder than what others are expecting............ if we make it to the finals :D

As I said before, I am not counting my chickens just yet (like how I did vs Sevilla and the 13/14 PL run), and will see Real as a world class team capable of destroying us on their day (likewise with us).

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #596: May 01, 2018 10:19:12 pm
      Speaking of cup finals, it's about time Klopp starts changing his record for the better, eh?

3 cup finals defeats with Dortmund, 2 with LFC, only 1 cup final win (also at Dortmund). That Champions League final was heartbreaking with Robben scoring near the end
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #597: May 01, 2018 10:20:08 pm
      Like how we should have destroyed Stoke, West Brom, Utd etc...

Not expecting a stroll, but the way how people are talking, it feels like we are gonna hammer them! I just think it'll be a lot.... a lot harder than what others are expecting............ if we make it to the finals :D

As I said before, I am not counting my chickens just yet (like how I did vs Sevilla and the 13/14 PL run), and will see Real as a world class team capable of destroying us on their day (likewise with us).

;D seems like you and Diego are shitting the bed even before a ball is kicked.

It will be a game of nous v pace and youth v experience.

Personally I think it will be close but our suffocating game will see us over the line.

Quick Reply