Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Champions League 2017/2018

Read 85304 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Champions League 2017/2018
      Reply #598: May 01, 2018 10:26:56 pm
      What a difference having a proper goalkeeper makes. Sure Klopp was watching.

Navas had one of his best ever performances whilst Bayern seriously missed Neuer.

Navas is nowhere near top class
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #599: May 01, 2018 10:28:41 pm
      ;D seems like you and Diego are shitting the bed even before a ball is kicked.

It will be a game of nous v pace and youth v experience.

Personally I think it will be close but our suffocating game will see us over the line.

Can i point out we haven't got through yet or has that minor detail escaped people?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #600: May 01, 2018 10:28:48 pm
      ;D seems like you and Diego are shitting the bed even before a ball is kicked.

I am always wary vs the big clubs, regardless of whether we are better on paper or tactically :D I am still worried vs Roma!!!!
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #601: May 01, 2018 10:30:17 pm
      I think no matter which team won tonight, we'd be playing against a better eleven than ours. But this is football, we've beaten better teams and lost to worse ones. We surely stand a chance with a special player like Salah in such great form.

Again, if you're looking at the back of the shirts, yes, but Real's season in La Liga is not that much better than ours in the PL, and in the CL they have not looked all that great while we have been sensational. A final vs. Real is only David vs. Goliath in your mind.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #602: May 01, 2018 10:31:53 pm

I don't think he's as good as De Gea or Neuer or Buffon, but he's among the best after the very best IMO
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #603: May 01, 2018 10:36:44 pm
      Real stank the place out just as they did last week and only Bayern committing football suicide gave Real the place in the final.
      They are a shadow of the side two or three years ago and I am so pleased it is Real rather than Bayern in the final for obvious reasons.
      Has Navas ever caught a ball in his life it seems like he has grease on his gloves.
      If we get to the final and Real play like they have in these two games we will tear them apart even Lampard and Ferdinand believe that too.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #604: May 01, 2018 10:37:57 pm
      Again, if you're looking at the back of the shirts, yes, but Real's season in La Liga is not that much better than ours in the PL, and in the CL they have not looked all that great while we have been sensational. A final vs. Real is only David vs. Goliath in your mind.

That's true but then again we probably had our easiest run ever in the Champions League. Easiest group, one of the easiest opponents in the round of 16, the easiest possible opponent in the semifinals. Only the quarter final brought us real difficulty. Real on the other hand had a tough group and have beaten the French, Italian (likely) and German champions in succession.

But then again, if we win it in the end, who gives a f**k? You can only beat what's in front of you.

I remember Real Madrid in 2015-16 having quite an easy ride in the knockout rounds (Roma, Wolfsburg and a Man City under Pellegrini that was around 4th place in the league), and then struggled to beat Atletico in the final (after penalties), but again, who cares? They became European champions.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #605: May 01, 2018 10:56:28 pm
      Hey Keith, how are you enjoying the Man Utd player award show? I saw it was live on MUFC TV.

Not in will watch it tomorrow all being well.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #606: May 01, 2018 10:58:59 pm
      That's true but then again we probably had our easiest run ever in the Champions League. Easiest group, one of the easiest opponents in the round of 16, the easiest possible opponent in the semifinals. Only the quarter final brought us real difficulty. Real on the other hand had a tough group and have beaten the French, Italian (likely) and German champions in succession.

But then again, if we win it in the end, who gives a f**k? You can only beat what's in front of you.

I remember Real Madrid in 2015-16 having quite an easy ride in the knockout rounds (Roma, Wolfsburg and a Man City under Pellegrini that was around 4th place in the league), and then struggled to beat Atletico in the final (after penalties), but again, who cares? They became European champions.

Christ almighty - nothing like a good talking down of our displays in Europe this season is there? When we've been out of the loop in Champions League football for much of the last decade with a squad that just scraped into the competition last season, there are no 'easy runs'. We beat the best side in Europe this season in Man City. Hardly anyone gave us a hope yet we dismantled them 5-1 on aggregate. That more than makes up for it and I have far greater pride in holding that up than beating inferior champions from Italy and Germany. Our three best displays in Europe far outweigh the three best displays by any of our semi final competitors. Porto away, Man City at home, Roma at home last week. Extraordinary performances.

I'm really proud of our efforts in Europe, regardless of what happens tomorrow night and/or the final if we get there. After so long in the wilderness, the way in which Klopp and co have navigated us to this point is nothing short of extraordinary and beyond most fans dreams even when that 'easy' group was drawn. To dine at the top table of Europe hasn't come about because we got an 'easy' route to it. It's because we deserve it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #607: May 01, 2018 11:05:41 pm
      Not in will watch it tomorrow all being well.

Fellaini get your vote ?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #608: May 01, 2018 11:10:25 pm
      Christ almighty - nothing like a good talking down of our displays in Europe this season is there? When we've been out of the loop in Champions League football for much of the last decade with a squad that just scraped into the competition last season, there are no 'easy runs'. We beat the best side in Europe this season in Man City. Hardly anyone gave us a hope yet we dismantled them 5-1 on aggregate. That more than makes up for it and I have far greater pride in holding that up than beating inferior champions from Italy and Germany. Our three best displays in Europe far outweigh the three best displays by any of our semi final competitors. Porto away, Man City at home, Roma at home last week. Extraordinary performances.

I'm really proud of our efforts in Europe, regardless of what happens tomorrow night and/or the final if we get there. After so long in the wilderness, the way in which Klopp and co have navigated us to this point is nothing short of extraordinary and beyond most fans dreams even when that 'easy' group was drawn. To dine at the top table of Europe hasn't come about because we got an 'easy' route to it. It's because we deserve it.

I have never said anything to the contrary. I just have to think of the fact that I was at the Millenium Stadium last season watching the Champions League final and never in my wildest dreams I ever thought we would be even in the discussion for a final the season after. For me it was all about doing a decent job in Europe and consolidating our place as a top 4 club, so this has been obviously better than I ever expected.

Of course we deserved it. We are unbeaten after all. I just don't feel it's necessary to pretend we were not lucky in most draws to say as much. Porto are hardly that great. Roma had a freak result against Barça and despite you just going short of writing a poem about how illustrious a club they are, it's only their second ever semifinal, and they're 4th in their league. They also haven't won a single trophy in exactly 10 years. Our group was seriously easy. But we've had easy draws before and completely messed up, not that long ago in fact, missing out qualification for f**king Basel!

Just like we beat Man City home and away, and that was truly fantastic, so did Real Madrid against PSG who were one of the favourites at the start of the season. And Real might have collapsed against Juve at home, but that was only possible because they beat one of the most consistent sides in Europe by 3-0 in their own stadium.

Anyway, bring on Roma, and then bring on Real Madrid. I'm very confident we'll be in Kiev and even though we'll be playing against a team totally capable of raising their game for the occasion, we're more on form and can really exploit their defensive frailties. They've been consistently conceding chances against the best sides they've faced this season and we're probably one of the most "on fire" teams in the world at the moment.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #609: May 01, 2018 11:15:25 pm

Only vote he gets off me is F***ing off to PSG.  ;D  Unfortunately looks like he's staying now.  :(
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #610: May 01, 2018 11:44:46 pm
      I have never said anything to the contrary. I just have to think of the fact that I was at the Millenium Stadium last season watching the Champions League final and never in my wildest dreams I ever thought we would be even in the discussion for a final the season after. For me it was all about doing a decent job in Europe and consolidating our place as a top 4 club, so this has been obviously better than I ever expected.

Of course we deserved it. We are unbeaten after all. I just don't feel it's necessary to pretend we were not lucky in most draws to say as much. Porto are hardly that great. Roma had a freak result against Barça and despite you just going short of writing a poem about how illustrious a club they are, it's only their second ever semifinal, and they're 4th in their league. They also haven't won a single trophy in exactly 10 years. Our group was seriously easy. But we've had easy draws before and completely messed up, not that long ago in fact, missing out qualification for f**king Basel!

Just like we beat Man City home and away, and that was truly fantastic, so did Real Madrid against PSG who were one of the favourites at the start of the season. And Real might have collapsed against Juve at home, but that was only possible because they beat one of the most consistent sides in Europe by 3-0 in their own stadium.

Anyway, bring on Roma, and then bring on Real Madrid. I'm very confident we'll be in Kiev and even though we'll be playing against a team totally capable of raising their game for the occasion, we're more on form and can really exploit their defensive frailties. They've been consistently conceding chances against the best sides they've faced this season and we're probably one of the most "on fire" teams in the world at the moment.

Yeah - they also got fortunate to get through two very poor displays at home to Juventus and tonight against Bayern. We packed far more quality against Man City in two matches than Real have done over 4 against Juventus and Bayern. Are we supposed to take PSG as a serious contender given that they have f**k all history in this competition and ply their trade in a sh*t league? It's ironic that you hold them up as the harbingers of European quality while slating Roma in the same paragraph. For sure, Roma haven't had much success in recent decades but what is history to them right now when they beat Chelsea and Barcelona on their own turf with great comfort? Even if those two clubs are weaker this season than in previous years, it still out does anything those filthy rich charlatans from Paris have done this season who's best victory this whole season came against a stuttering Bayern where their manager was sacked a day later.

I really don't care about easy group stage or not. I really don't care if you think we were lucky to get Porto or lucky to get Roma. The big victory against City over two legs completely whitewashes any narrative of 'luck' when victory is secured in a manner that is so comprehensive against a side of such quality. Seriously - you should have let that one die the moment Salah scored that away goal at the Etihad because it showed that over two legs at least, we can take on the best, win and win comfortably.

When you get to the stage we are at right now having done so with style, exhilaration, the admiration of neutrals looking on - the best team to watch in this competition all season - you'd think we could at least go above the petty, ill thought through narratives of 'luck' and 'having it easy'. Even worse when it's used to inflate the narrative that we should all 'bow down' to the 'greatness' of  Real Madrid.
      « Last Edit: May 01, 2018 11:50:29 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #611: May 02, 2018 12:12:51 am
      Yeah - they also got fortunate to get through two very poor displays at home to Juventus and tonight against Bayern. We packed far more quality against Man City in two matches than Real have done over 4 against Juventus and Bayern. Are we supposed to take PSG as a serious contender given that they have f**k all history in this competition and ply their trade in a sh*t league? It's ironic that you hold them up as the harbingers of European quality while slating Roma in the same paragraph. For sure, Roma haven't had much success in recent decades but what is history to them right now when they beat Chelsea and Barcelona on their own turf with great comfort? Even if those two clubs are weaker this season than in previous years, it still out does anything those filthy rich charlatans from Paris have done this season who's best victory this whole season came against a stuttering Bayern where their manager was sacked a day later.

I really don't care about easy group stage or not. I really don't care if you think we were lucky to get Porto or lucky to get Roma. The big victory against City over two legs completely whitewashes any narrative of 'luck' when victory is secured in a manner that is so comprehensive against a side of such quality. Seriously - you should have let that one die the moment Salah scored that away goal at the Etihad.

When you get to the stage we are at right now having done so with style, exhilaration, the admiration of neutrals looking on - the best team to watch in this competition all season - you'd think we could at least go above the petty, ill thought through narratives of 'luck' and 'having it easy'. Even worse when it's used to inflate the 'achievements' of Real Madrid.

The difference between PSG and Roma, two clubs with very little history in the competition, is about 1 billion euros and the most expensive player in the history of the game. That you can wax lyrical about Roma and then bring up "history" against PSG is more ironic in my eyes. It's not that Roma haven't on much in recent decades - they haven't won much, ever. PSG are a much better team, and it probably would have been a more difficult tie than playing Roma.

I am not creating any narratives here. I am stating the obvious, really. Apart from Manchester City, we did not play against the best teams that we could have in all the other stages of the competition. The one making assumptions about this statement is you - that it might mean anything about how "deserving" we are or how brilliantly we have played or not. For me, it makes no difference. The fact that we had luck in draws doesn't mean we don't deserve to be where we are, nor that we're not playing great football, and I find the difficulty in separating both facts quite difficult to understand. I'm not creating any narratives about luck, nor am I creating narratives trying to portray our current team as greater than they actually are, as if the quality of opposition meant nothing in a game of football, when it's so blatantly obvious that it does.

For the record, I have said the exact same about Real Madrid in 15/16 and the likes of Uruguay in the World Cup 2010. This is a feature of knockout competitions: there's a greater element of luck and you can only beat what's in front of you. Uruguay made the semifinals and all of a sudden the narrative was that this seriously average side was great or among the best in international football because they beat South Korea and Ghana.

Anyway, time to move on. Feel free finish off your poem about Roma all you like if that makes you feel better when we beat them tomorrow, but they will still be a club with a losing record in that competition after all. PSG will still be a much better side with much greater spending power. And Real Madrid - the "not great" side because you don't approve of their manners - will still have made it to 4 European Cup finals out of 5. Those are basic facts but if they hurt your sensibilities you can always accuse me of creating a narrative. I will enjoy making it to Kiev no matter what.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #612: May 02, 2018 12:41:10 am
      The difference between PSG and Roma, two clubs with very little history in the competition, is about 1 billion euros and the most expensive player in the history of the game.

PSG do play in a weaker league though and this usually shows at knock out time in the CL. Same as Bayern winning the league by Christmas effects their campaign, ever since Dortmund became weak they have dropped too.

As for Madrid, Perez will do anything and everything to wipe out Barcelona's recent legacy with Messi and particularly Guardiola. This Madrid sides recent titles have about as much credibility as WWE. Juventus, Bayern this year and last. everything about that club should be put in the bin.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #613: May 02, 2018 12:53:36 am
      The difference between PSG and Roma, two clubs with very little history in the competition, is about 1 billion euros and the most expensive player in the history of the game. That you can wax lyrical about Roma and then bring up "history" against PSG is more ironic in my eyes. It's not that Roma haven't on much in recent decades - they haven't won much, ever. PSG are a much better team, and it probably would have been a more difficult tie than playing Roma.

I am not creating any narratives here. I am stating the obvious, really. Apart from Manchester City, we did not play against the best teams that we could have in all the other stages of the competition. The one making assumptions about this statement is you - that it might mean anything about how "deserving" we are or how brilliantly we have played or not. For me, it makes no difference. The fact that we had luck in draws doesn't mean we don't deserve to be where we are, nor that we're not playing great football, and I find the difficulty in separating both facts quite difficult to understand. I'm not creating any narratives about luck, nor am I creating narratives trying to portray our current team as greater than they actually are, as if the quality of opposition meant nothing in a game of football, when it's so blatantly obvious that it does.

For the record, I have said the exact same about Real Madrid in 15/16 and the likes of Uruguay in the World Cup 2010. This is a feature of knockout competitions: there's a greater element of luck and you can only beat what's in front of you. Uruguay made the semifinals and all of a sudden the narrative was that this seriously average side was great or among the best in international football because they beat South Korea and Ghana.

Anyway, time to move on. Feel free finish off your poem about Roma all you like if that makes you feel better when we beat them tomorrow, but they will still be a club with a losing record in that competition after all. PSG will still be a much better side with much greater spending power. And Real Madrid - the "not great" side because you don't approve of their manners - will still have made it to 4 European Cup finals out of 5. Those are basic facts but if they hurt your sensibilities you can always accuse me of creating a narrative. I will enjoy making it to Kiev no matter what.

Worlds most expensive player? Because overpaying for an overrated primadonna is how you gain prestige and somehow excuses them from a 'losing record' in this competition unlike Roma. Yeah right. Roma haven't won much, that is true, but what they have been is a consistent presence on the European scene and for that they have a prestige and respect that is reflected in their strong passionate support second only to Anfield on a European night (or in your case probably the Bernabeu). Our own encounters with them at the start of the century and in 84 (when PSG were 14 years old) proves that. To group them in with PSG however much you wish to would be inaccurate at best. And that's not 'poetry' - that's just fact. And no, PSG don't pose a tougher challenge as proven by the fact that Roma have actually beaten class teams in Europe (including Barcelona) this season unlike PSG.

Going back and saying 'but I said that about Madrid in 2014 and Uruguay in 2010' doesn't justify what you were trying to do which was use us as a belittling argument to strengthen your love in for Madrid. You can argue about their greatness and put them up there with Sacchi's Milan and Guardiola's Barca (regardless of how ridiculous that is) but I fail to see how that helps your argument by pouring water over the efforts of others because of an 'easy draw' that just made a fleeting reference to a 'difficult' quarter final tie, forgetting that this difficult team were the most dominant and best side out of the top European leagues this season.

We're on the verge of Kiev because we deserve to be and if there's any team that deserves to be in the final above everyone else it's us because we've been the best team in this competition so far. That, I am certain of. Any rival fan narrative of 'lucky draws' that you may buy into will not puncture any holes in that belief. Even more so when in the wider context this club has got to this point in European competition without the financial dominance/doping of throwing out hundreds of millions like most of our fellow competitors during these late stages.

But if you think Real deserve greater credit - hey be my guest. I suppose there is an audience for the great art of cowardly acting, fraudulent  refereeing calls and stumbling, incoherent displays at home ahead of the synchronised, destructive, red arrow attacks of Liverpool.
      « Last Edit: May 02, 2018 01:26:58 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #614: May 02, 2018 01:55:18 am
      Worlds most expensive player? Because overpaying for an overrated primadonna is how you gain prestige and somehow excuses them from a 'losing record' in this competition unlike Roma. Yeah right. Roma haven't won much, that is true, but what they have been is a consistent presence on the European scene and for that they have a prestige and respect that is reflected in their strong passionate support second only to Anfield on a European night (or in your case probably the Bernabeu). Our own encounters with them at the start of the century and in 84 (when PSG were 14 years old) proves that. To group them in with PSG however much you wish to would be inaccurate at best. And that's not 'poetry' - that's just fact. And no, PSG don't pose a tougher challenge as proven by the fact that Roma have actually beaten class teams in Europe (including Barcelona) this season unlike PSG.

Going back and saying 'but I said that about Madrid in 2014 and Uruguay in 2010' doesn't justify what you were trying to do which was use us as a belittling argument to strengthen your love in for Madrid. You can argue about their greatness and put them up there with Sacchi's Milan and Guardiola's Barca (regardless of how ridiculous that is) but I fail to see how that helps your argument by pouring water over the efforts of others because of an 'easy draw' that just made a fleeting reference to a 'difficult' quarter final tie, forgetting that this difficult team were the most dominant and best side out of the top European leagues this season.

We're on the verge of Kiev because we deserve to be and if there's any team that deserves to be in the final above everyone else it's us because we've been the best team in this competition so far. That, I am certain of. Any rival fan narrative of 'lucky draws' that you may buy into will not puncture any holes in that belief. Even more so when in the wider context this club has got to this point in European competition without the financial dominance/doping of throwing out hundreds of millions like most of our fellow competitors during these late stages.

But if you think Real deserve greater credit - hey be my guest. I suppose there is an audience for the great art of cowardly acting, fraudulent  refereeing calls and stumbling, incoherent displays at home ahead of the synchronised, destructive, red arrow attacks of Liverpool.

This is ridiculous, I never compared this current Real Madrid side to Sacchi's Milan and Guardiola's Barca, that's entirely out of your own head. I just said I think the idea of a team that makes the European Cup final 4 out of 5 seasons not being a "great" one because of their manners is of a level of bitterness akin to that of an Everton fan. That you bring up Sacchi's or Guardiola's sides as a comparison to greatness seems to suggest that you think only teams particularly pleasing in the eye, or that have been tactically innovative can be considered great. In that case I wonder whether you consider LFC of the late 70's to be a great side, because it would fail the FMS greatness test.

As for the Roma vs PSG comparison, you might feel the need to go over 3 decades back in time to justify the argument, but just ask yourself this basic question: which club do you think fans of any European club would prefer to play against on a Champions League knockout round? If you can seriously answer that question as "PSG" then you're just completely deluded. If given the choice of facing PSG or Roma, most fans and perhaps managers would prefer to face Roma. That's because unless you're seriously invested in pretending Roma are much greater than they are, then it should be obvious that PSG have a stronger squad in pretty much every single department apart from goalkeeper. Anyhow, if you're going to use history as a stick to beat PSG, then shall I remind you of Manchester City's record in the competition?

I can do without your digs about my "love" for Real Madrid or the Bernabeu. But if you wanna go down that route, I can give you more basic facts which might not exactly suit your narrative: Roma can't even sell out their stadium, have about 50% occupancy rate and their home record is worse than their away record this season. Just a couple of seasons ago they were beaten 7-1 at that very stadium where supposedly their "passionate" support make such a difference, and just last season were knocked out with a 3-0 defeat at that mythical Stadio Olimpico where they have won absolutely nothing courtesy of world beaters FC Porto. Your quite obvious sympathy for Roma don't make them better than they are, nor feared, nor prestigious.

For the record: PSG have beaten Bayern 3-0, which gets them on a pair with Roma for number of wins against top teams. Oh wait, I forgot you're bigging up that Europa League bound team from London in order to suit the narrative as well.

Anyway, the two discussions - about luck in draws and the quality of the Real Madrid side - have been mixed up but for me were always separate. I've spoken about our luck before in other threads and only today have commented about Real Madrid. That you can see a grand narrative here is on you, seriously.

It seems to me that you worry too much about what rivals might say about our "luck" and then gets easily stung if anyone suggests as much. I couldn't care less. I thought Man Utd were extremely lucky last season on their Europa League run as well, but I'm pretty sure they didn't give a f**k about my opinion when they won the trophy.

To sum it up: yes, we had luck in the draws. Yes, I do think Real Madrid have a great team, otherwise they wouldn't have won 3 out of 4, and that putting it all down to "cheating" is frankly childish. Finally, yes, Roma are a nothing special team.

As a final comment: funnily enough, PSG have a winning record in the Champions League. P88, W46, D19, L23 (as of 2016-17 season). Roma, meanwhile, have P102, W36, D27, L39. :D And PSG have an actual European trophy as well (the Cup Winners' Cup), not that rubbish cup to promote trade fairs.
      « Last Edit: May 02, 2018 10:45:18 am by Diego LFC »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #615: May 02, 2018 02:06:18 am
      PSG do play in a weaker league though and this usually shows at knock out time in the CL. Same as Bayern winning the league by Christmas effects their campaign, ever since Dortmund became weak they have dropped too.

That much is true. I'd still expect them to do better than Roma in the Champions League nearly every season though.

As for Madrid, Perez will do anything and everything to wipe out Barcelona's recent legacy with Messi and particularly Guardiola. This Madrid sides recent titles have about as much credibility as WWE. Juventus, Bayern this year and last. everything about that club should be put in the bin.

Oh, stop right there, I'm bored of the argument. You should make your peace with modern football or just go back to watch VHS tapes from the 1980's.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #616: May 02, 2018 03:33:12 am
      What a difference having a proper goalkeeper makes. Sure Klopp was watching.

Navas had one of his best ever performances whilst Bayern seriously missed Neuer.

Yeah, Navas had amazing game tonight, fair play to him because he has received a lot of stick from the Madrid media.

I wanted to face Madrid, because I really want to beat them, I’m tired of them winning this thing, it’s not going to be easy that’s for sure, but think we can beat them in the final and also because I want us to play in red. It’s definitely going to be a heck of a game.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #617: May 02, 2018 06:01:47 am

Seems like they need a wake up call in the final. Acting like they've f***in' won it whilst they've yet to face the best team in the competition.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #618: May 02, 2018 07:02:15 am

Someone send this to Klopp so he can use it at half time if we’re struggling against Roma
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #619: May 02, 2018 10:26:36 am
      Navas having the game if his life.

Good hopefully that was his final and he has a stinker in the Real one!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #620: May 02, 2018 10:33:00 am
      Can i point out we haven't got through yet or has that minor detail escaped people?

This!

People on here talking like we already in the Final.

I wish I had your confidence, I'm a nervous wreck!

Quick Reply