Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Champions League 2017/2018

Read 85296 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Champions League 2017/2018
      Reply #621: May 02, 2018 10:37:10 am
      This!

People on here talking like we already in the Final.

I wish I had your confidence, I'm a nervous wreck!

We'll be sound lad

I'm not talking like we are there already and wouldn't get ahead of myself but we will be sound tonight

Proper f**king good side us.. if we look at their side and think of he's good or he's dangerous what the f**k do you think they think of our front 3 when they've got to come out and have a go at us..

Id be shitting it if I supported them

People say they stopped messi and Suarez scoring.. they'd  scored 7 between them in the champions league this season..
      Mo, Bobby and Sadio have got 28 between them

All the best
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #622: May 02, 2018 10:43:22 am
      We'll be sound lad

I'm not talking like we are there already and wouldn't get ahead of myself but we will be sound tonight

Proper f**king good side us.. if we look at their side and think of he's good or he's dangerous what the f**k do you think they think of our front 3 when they've got to come out and have a go at us..

People say they stopped messi and Suarez scoring.. they'd  scored 7 between them in the champions league this season..
      Mo, Bobby and Sadio have got 28 between them

All the best

Thanks Bud, cheered me up a bit that!

Hope your right mate. Buzzing 9 hours to go.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #623: May 02, 2018 10:46:03 am

So true, especially given how good we're at fast counter attacks
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #624: May 02, 2018 12:15:13 pm
      That much is true. I'd still expect them to do better than Roma in the Champions League nearly every season though.

Oh, stop right there, I'm bored of the argument. You should make your peace with modern football or just go back to watch VHS tapes from the 1980's.

I'll never accept neoliberal, trickle down economics, welfare state for the rich capitalism for the poor with subsequent propaganda offensive about the left F***ing every one over. Its not just football.

Brazil 82 that almost predates VHS. Who wouldn't want to see that again. Surely Brazilians would.
      I'll stay in the present but I cant support Franco's team. If we win against Roma and then beat Madrid I'll be happy but if we lose to Madrid it will be really fu**ed.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #625: May 02, 2018 12:24:16 pm
      This!

People on here talking like we already in the Final.

I wish I had your confidence, I'm a nervous wreck!

I am working on the basis that we are still the underdogs and everything is a bonus, just a daft coping mechanism
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #626: May 02, 2018 12:36:17 pm
      This is ridiculous, I never compared this current Real Madrid side to Sacchi's Milan and Guardiola's Barca, that's entirely out of your own head. I just said I think the idea of a team that makes the European Cup final 4 out of 5 seasons not being a "great" one because of their manners is of a level of bitterness akin to that of an Everton fan. That you bring up Sacchi's or Guardiola's sides as a comparison to greatness seems to suggest that you think only teams particularly pleasing in the eye, or that have been tactically innovative can be considered great. In that case I wonder whether you consider LFC of the late 70's to be a great side, because it would fail the FMS greatness test.

As for the Roma vs PSG comparison, you might feel the need to go over 3 decades back in time to justify the argument, but just ask yourself this basic question: which club do you think fans of any European club would prefer to play against on a Champions League knockout round? If you can seriously answer that question as "PSG" then you're just completely deluded. If given the choice of facing PSG or Roma, most fans and perhaps managers would prefer to face Roma. That's because unless you're seriously invested in pretending Roma are much greater than they are, then it should be obvious that PSG have a stronger squad in pretty much every single department apart from goalkeeper. Anyhow, if you're going to use history as a stick to beat PSG, then shall I remind you of Manchester City's record in the competition?

I can do without your digs about my "love" for Real Madrid or the Bernabeu. But if you wanna go down that route, I can give you more basic facts which might not exactly suit your narrative: Roma can't even sell out their stadium, have about 50% occupancy rate and their home record is worse than their away record this season. Just a couple of seasons ago they were beaten 7-1 at that very stadium where supposedly their "passionate" support make such a difference, and just last season were knocked out with a 3-0 defeat at that mythical Stadio Olimpico where they have won absolutely nothing courtesy of world beaters FC Porto. Your quite obvious sympathy for Roma don't make them better than they are, nor feared, nor prestigious.

For the record: PSG have beaten Bayern 3-0, which gets them on a pair with Roma for number of wins against top teams. Oh wait, I forgot you're bigging up that Europa League bound team from London in order to suit the narrative as well.

Anyway, the two discussions - about luck in draws and the quality of the Real Madrid side - have been mixed up but for me were always separate. I've spoken about our luck before in other threads and only today have commented about Real Madrid. That you can see a grand narrative here is on you, seriously.

It seems to me that you worry too much about what rivals might say about our "luck" and then gets easily stung if anyone suggests as much. I couldn't care less. I thought Man Utd were extremely lucky last season on their Europa League run as well, but I'm pretty sure they didn't give a f**k about my opinion when they won the trophy.

To sum it up: yes, we had luck in the draws. Yes, I do think Real Madrid have a great team, otherwise they wouldn't have won 3 out of 4, and that putting it all down to "cheating" is frankly childish. Finally, yes, Roma are a nothing special team.

As a final comment: funnily enough, PSG have a winning record in the Champions League. P88, W46, D19, L23 (as of 2016-17 season). Roma, meanwhile, have P102, W36, D27, L39. :D And PSG have an actual European trophy as well (the Cup Winners' Cup), not that rubbish cup to promote trade fairs.

It's not a matter of dismissing any criticism towards Real as 'childish'. If you think the very ground they walk on should be hallowed then fine. But without question? Don't dismiss genuine criticism of their on field antics as 'childish' and 'bitter'. What a pithy way to shut down any debate. That you can't take criticism of Real even when there is good reason for doing so yet delegitimise Liverpool's efforts in this year's competition is bizarre...childish even. Do you really think Real conduct themselves with honour on the field?

Hells bells - we're using defunct European competitions to make a point now are we? Desperate much? And yet only one of those clubs have reached the European Cup semi final (while the other has never) and actually capable of beating Barcelona rather than bottling it in epic style like a certain team from Paris. So yeah - forgive me for thinking that Roma are a more formidable force and I take greater pride and relish the challenge of facing them far more than those charlatans from Paris. History tells us so and conquering them has far greater value. Dredging up domestic home form and all that doesn't dismiss their excellent record at home in Europe this year and an atmosphere which will be volatile tonight in a way that Barcelona encountered a couple of weeks back. But then again, you just see that as me prepping the ground to wax lyrical about us in the event that we beat them tonight rather than sitting on my hands and bumbling about how 'we got lucky that we were drawn against this lot' and generally being all apologetic about us getting to the final.

You'd think that, after all the struggles of trying to get back to this stage, some of us wouldn't feel the need to proclaim 'luck' on our side while gleefully handing all the credit and praise to Real Madrid who have had the rule of the land in every sphere of the game since the year dot. In that context, luck doesn't come into it. Not by a long shot pal. We've not just worked harder than them, and fought greater challenges than them on and off the field, we've also done it in a manner that is entertaining, fascinating and endearing. But hey, if you think Madrid still deserve greater credit than us even considering all that, then I suppose you can't be persuaded.
      « Last Edit: May 02, 2018 12:45:16 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #627: May 02, 2018 01:52:23 pm
      I'll never accept neoliberal, trickle down economics, welfare state for the rich capitalism for the poor with subsequent propaganda offensive about the left f**king every one over. Its not just football.

Brazil 82 that almost predates VHS. Who wouldn't want to see that again. Surely Brazilians would.
      I'll stay in the present but I cant support Franco's team. If we win against Roma and then beat Madrid I'll be happy but if we lose to Madrid it will be really fu**ed.

Brazil 1982 lost. Not many would actually want to see that, most would prefer 2002 even though that was a significantly inferior side.

And I'm not saying I love everything about modern football. I just find your arguments tiresome. You pretty much try to discredit every single decent player or team or manager that has achieved any success in recent times. They're all supposed frauds and a result of money. I wonder why you still bother watching the sport if you think it's basically dead these days.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #628: May 02, 2018 02:13:10 pm
      It's not a matter of dismissing any criticism towards Real as 'childish'. If you think the very ground they walk on should be hallowed then fine. But without question? Don't dismiss genuine criticism of their on field antics as 'childish' and 'bitter'. What a pithy way to shut down any debate. That you can't take criticism of Real even when there is good reason for doing so yet delegitimise Liverpool's efforts in this year's competition is bizarre...childish even. Do you really think Real conduct themselves with honour on the field?

Hells bells - we're using defunct European competitions to make a point now are we? Desperate much? And yet only one of those clubs have reached the European Cup semi final (while the other has never) and actually capable of beating Barcelona rather than bottling it in epic style like a certain team from Paris. So yeah - forgive me for thinking that Roma are a more formidable force and I take greater pride and relish the challenge of facing them far more than those charlatans from Paris. History tells us so and conquering them has far greater value. Dredging up domestic home form and all that doesn't dismiss their excellent record at home in Europe this year and an atmosphere which will be volatile tonight in a way that Barcelona encountered a couple of weeks back. But then again, you just see that as me prepping the ground to wax lyrical about us in the event that we beat them tonight rather than sitting on my hands and bumbling about how 'we got lucky that we were drawn against this lot' and generally being all apologetic about us getting to the final.

You'd think that, after all the struggles of trying to get back to this stage, some of us wouldn't feel the need to proclaim 'luck' on our side while gleefully handing all the credit and praise to Real Madrid who have had the rule of the land in every sphere of the game since the year dot. In that context, luck doesn't come into it. Not by a long shot pal. We've not just worked harder than them, and fought greater challenges than them on and off the field, we've also done it in a manner that is entertaining, fascinating and endearing. But hey, if you think Madrid still deserve greater credit than us even considering all that, then I suppose you can't be persuaded.

For crying out loud, FMS, stop making up assumptions about sh*t I never said. In the previous post, you suggested that I think this Real Madrid side is comparable to Sacchi's Milan or Guardiola's Barcelona. I never said as much, that's a product of your hyperbole prone imagination. Now you infer that I think "the very ground they walk on should be hallowed". Yeah, right. I don't even like most of those players, I just think a team that achieves 4 UCL finals out of 5 is by definition a great one. Instead of going into hyperbole, why don't you answer my previous question about what you consider to be greatness?

By the way, no, I don't think this Real Madrid side is particularly classy on the field. Then again, I don't think many teams are, and I don't really give a f**k. You don't, either. After all, you just listed Guardiola's Barcelona as a "great" side and they also very commonly employed similar tactics. They also got lucky more than once with suspect refereeing, most famously against Chelsea in the semifinals.

Back to PSG vs Roma, why don't you answer the question I asked? It's a cold reality that PSG are more dangerous opponents than Roma, and nearly everyone will agree on that if not so invested in sentimentality. Yeah, Roma are in the semis, not PSG. That doesn't make them a worse team, just like Roma going beyond Man City don't make them superior to the English champions either. The person bringing up history - just to then wax lyrical about, err, Manchester City - was yourself. You can't have it both ways really. I just brought up some interesting facts, for you don't seem all that clued up on the not so prestigious history of your Italian team.

Again, I don't "feel the need" to proclaim our luck, I just think it's a simple fact that doesn't hurt me in the slightest to admit. Perhaps you would feel the same if you worried less about other club's supporters opinions. I also think it takes nothing away from our brilliant campaign and amazing comeback to the European scene. If we win it in the end, I think Klopp and those players will rightfully go down as club legends immediately.

I'm not "handing all the credit and praise to Real Madrid" either, nor shielding them from any criticism, I just think that discrediting their achievements - which are unheard of in recent years in that competition - based on their "class" or putting it down to refereeing is quite childish, and bitter.

I never even said Real deserve "more" or "less" credit than us, so after that many exchanges I have to put it down to your imagination. I only said they had a more difficult draw from the group stage to the knockout rounds, which I think is an obvious fact, but you can answer if you agree with this with a basic "yes" or "no", though I suspect you'll avoid that and write a long paragraph about stuff I never said instead.

For the record, we've faced: Sevilla, Spartak, Maribor, Porto, Man City, Roma.
      Real Madrid have faced Spurs, Dortmund, APOEL, PSG, Juventus, Bayern.

Seeing the list of teams one above the other might be easier to visualise. Spurs are better than Sevilla, Dortmund are superior to Spartak. APOEL and Maribor are sh*t, I wouldn't bother comparing. PSG are superior to Porto and Bayern are so much better than Roma it's not even funny. There's only Man City (one might call them European virgins, if the idea is to use history as a stick to beat PSG) and Juventus (twice Champions League finalists in the past 3 years) to debate. But hey, if it hurts so much to admit that, because you think it says anything about how "deserving" we are, then fine, move on.
      « Last Edit: May 02, 2018 02:29:08 pm by Diego LFC »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #629: May 02, 2018 02:18:30 pm
      For crying out loud, FMS, stop making up assumptions about sh*t I never said. In the previous post, you suggested that I think this Real Madrid side is comparable to Sacchi's Milan or Guardiola's Barcelona. I never said as much, that's a product of your hyperbole prone imagination. Now you infer that I think "the very ground they walk on should be hallowed". Yeah, right. I don't even like most of those players, I just think a team that achieves 4 UCL finals out of 5 is by definition a great one. Instead of going into hyperbole, why don't you answer my previous question about what you consider to be greatness?

By the way, no, I don't think this Real Madrid side is particularly classy on the field. Then again, I don't think many teams are, and I don't really give a f**k. You don't, either. After all, you just listed Guardiola's Barcelona as a "great" side and they also very commonly employed similar tactics. They also got lucky more than once with suspect refereeing, most famously against Chelsea in the semifinals.

Back to PSG vs Roma, why don't you answer the question I asked? It's a cold reality that PSG are more dangerous opponents than Roma, and nearly everyone will agree on that if not so invested in sentimentality. Yeah, Roma are in the semis, not PSG. That doesn't make them a worse team, just like Roma going beyond Man City don't make them superior to the English champions either. The person bringing up history - just to then wax lyrical about, err, Manchester City - was yourself. You can't have it both ways really. I just brought up some interesting facts, for you don't seem all that clued up on the not so prestigious history of your Italian team.

Again, I don't "feel the need" to proclaim our luck, I just think it's a simple fact that doesn't hurt me in the slightest to admit. Perhaps you would feel the same if you worried less about other club's supporters opinions. I also think it takes nothing away from our brilliant campaign and amazing comeback to the European scene. If we win it in the end, I think Klopp and those players will rightfully go down as club legends immediately.

I'm not "handing all the credit and praise to Real Madrid" either, nor shielding them from any criticism, I just think that discrediting their achievements - which are unheard of in recent years in that competition - based on their "class" or putting it down to refereeing is quite childish, and bitter.

I never even said Real deserve "more" or "less" credit than us, so after that many exchanges I have to put it down to your imagination. I only said they had a more difficult draw from the group stage to the knockout rounds, which I think is an obvious fact, but you can answer with you agree with this with a basic "yes" or "no", though I suspect you'll avoid that and write a long paragraph about stuff I never said instead.

That busquets clip was vs inter milan
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #630: May 02, 2018 02:19:47 pm

I never even said Real deserve "more" or "less" credit than us, so after that many exchanges I have to put it down to your imagination. I only said they had a more difficult draw from the group stage to the knockout rounds, which I think is an obvious fact, but you can answer with you agree with this with a basic "yes" or "no", though I suspect you'll avoid that and write a long paragraph about stuff I never said instead.

That busquets clip was vs inter milan when Barcelona were knocked out
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #631: May 02, 2018 02:22:10 pm
      That busquets clip was vs inter milan

I know, but it was under Guardiola which was my point
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #632: May 02, 2018 02:24:55 pm
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #633: May 02, 2018 04:26:28 pm
      I don't think we need to argue that both the Spanish teams are play actors. Add the Italians and most other top teams outside England as well. Falling down without any contact, behaving as if someone broke their leg/nose/other body parts, haggling the officials in a group and so on.

Don't want to sound like a dick, but I see that most of the Latin American players have this culture of play acting - That included when Suarez was with us and seeing that most of them play outside of England, you can see that the culture is more outside of England.

But you cannot deny that they are great team irrespective of whether they are cheats or not. In that was I fully agree to what Diego is trying to explain(Of course failing in his attempt). You cannot go to 4 out of 4 CL finals just by Cheating/bribing and other sh*t.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #634: May 02, 2018 05:25:13 pm

I never even said Real deserve "more" or "less" credit than us, so after that many exchanges I have to put it down to your imagination. I only said they had a more difficult draw from the group stage to the knockout rounds, which I think is an obvious fact, but you can answer if you agree with this with a basic "yes" or "no", though I suspect you'll avoid that and write a long paragraph about stuff I never said instead.

For the record, we've faced: Sevilla, Spartak, Maribor, Porto, Man City, Roma.
      Real Madrid have faced Spurs, Dortmund, APOEL, PSG, Juventus, Bayern.

Seeing the list of teams one above the other might be easier to visualise. Spurs are better than Sevilla, Dortmund are superior to Spartak. APOEL and Maribor are sh*t, I wouldn't bother comparing. PSG are superior to Porto and Bayern are so much better than Roma it's not even funny. There's only Man City (one might call them European virgins, if the idea is to use history as a stick to beat PSG) and Juventus (twice Champions League finalists in the past 3 years) to debate. But hey, if it hurts so much to admit that, because you think it says anything about how "deserving" we are, then fine, move on.

I sure wish I could find relevance in your 50% occupancy charge argument but for the life of me I can't fathom how it is relevant. No one needs to know the full facts about Roma home attendance when Serie A home attendances are generally so much lower. Quite how that factors into the context of Champions League, god knows. I mean, no one talks about our poor atmospheres against Burnley, West Brom earlier this season or Stoke at the weekend in the context of our own European nights because it's irrelevant and tonight, as it was for Roma against Barcelona, the fact that they've lost a few times at home this season won't matter much to them. A wholly different context you see. And again, I've yet to see any evidence of the 'superiority' of PSG over Roma. Don't allow the fact that they paid the most expensive transfer fee in history for an overrated Edd The Duck lookalike who's biggest claim to fame is being the third best Barcelona attacker of the last 5 years behind Suarez and Messi to cloud your perception of them. They've created the grand total of f**k all headlines under Ancelotti, Blanc and Emery with a squad full of players that on paper consist of players who are past their peak or haven't actually achieved very much in their careers. What was it Thomas Muller called PSG a few months ago? 'Gassed up' by the press? And so it has shown numerous times in recent seasons.  As I've said before - charlatans. That's all they are.

I said in an earlier post (if you haven't read it) that great sides are ones that capture the imagination of the public and/or influence the game in a way that no other team has. They also have an ability to capture the best footballing elements from the country they're from as well as sweeping all before them in domestic competition as well as continental. Real Madrid may be awesome in the sheer size of the club and the relentless way they have picked up the top trophy in recent years but they have done so by imitating the actions of a conglomerate - sucking in all the best talents from around the world, siphoning them away from their continental rivals and putting them together to play a brand that is effective and geared towards Europe only but in a way that makes them not just uninteresting but very hollow as well. It's kind of sad that a club of their size only exists to compete in one competition alone. That their whole strategy and season is geared towards the Champions League and the Champions League alone is calculated but cynical. When it's Real Madrid and they have the resources (and more) to do something like Barcelona did, Bayern in 2013 or even Man Utd in 1999 and scoop up every other honour available to them, it's hard not to say that there is something very false about claims of greatness. In the time they've dominated the Champions League they've only won the two team La Liga once and a solitary Copa Del Rey since 2011. It's a kind of gutless attitude that insists on spewing its resources onto one competition alone and so it comes as no surprise that the claims in recent years of the Champions League having turned stale and boring have arisen during Madrid's dominance of the competition. They're just using the competition to create a slightly fraudulent image of greatness about themselves when domestically they're anything but. That they do so by hook or crook on the filed only makes that worse.
      « Last Edit: May 02, 2018 07:18:48 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #635: May 03, 2018 12:08:01 am
      It's hurts as a manc saying well done on reaching the Champions League final.  ;D Fully deserved though so can't really argu. Klopp done an amazing job for you guys and could well go in the legends book along with Shanks & Paisley with a very exciting team. Get that defence improved in summer spending and you'll give City a good run for the Premier ( Kopite 78  ;D ) League next year.

Once again well done.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #636: May 03, 2018 08:48:21 am
      It's hurts as a manc saying well done on reaching the Champions League final.  ;D Fully deserved though so can't really argu. Klopp done an amazing job for you guys and could well go in the legends book along with Shanks & Paisley with a very exciting team. Get that defence improved in summer spending and you'll give City a good run for the Premier ( Kopite 78  ;D ) League next year.

Once again well done.

Good man Keith your sentiments are appreciated,cheers.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #637: May 03, 2018 09:02:16 am
      Good man Keith your sentiments are appreciated,cheers.

I'm still a manc c**t let's not forget that  :lmao:

But thanks .  ;D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #638: May 03, 2018 10:15:14 am
      I think the style of football played, deserves a place in the final. Although quite rightly the defence needs sorting out.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #639: May 03, 2018 10:41:42 am
      And then there were 2.

No doubt Mane & Salah can get at Madrid's full backs.
      Also no doubt Ronaldo and Asensio v TAA & Lovren is not something I'm looking forward to.
      If TAA can push forward and supply Salah & Robertson likewise with Mane, Madrid will be under pressure.
      Fail to maintain that pressure, which normally happens with about 15 minutes to go this season
      and then it'll be stressful.

Allez Allez Allez.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #640: May 03, 2018 12:04:37 pm
      And then there were 2.

No doubt Mane & Salah can get at Madrid's full backs.
      Also no doubt Ronaldo and Asensio v TAA & Lovren is not something I'm looking forward to.
      If TAA can push forward and supply Salah & Robertson likewise with Mane, Madrid will be under pressure.
      Fail to maintain that pressure, which normally happens with about 15 minutes to go this season
      and then it'll be stressful.

Allez Allez Allez.

I think we need to defend like how we did vs Sane when up against Asensio if he plays, but the player I most worry about is Marcelo, he is probably the best attacking full back in world football!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #641: May 03, 2018 01:17:45 pm
      I think we need to defend like how we did vs Sane when up against Asensio if he plays, but the player I most worry about is Marcelo, he is probably the best attacking full back in world football!

We have to make sure he has to play a lot of defense.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #642: May 03, 2018 01:37:52 pm

Only way to counter Marcelo is to put him on the back foot
      and that will mean Salah & TAA having to play like they did against City.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #643: May 03, 2018 02:48:10 pm
      We are truly running on fumes with the squad so bare from injuries and not able to get rest. I am confident we will be rested and re-energized for the final and play the entire game with energy like we drank jet fuel.

We'll need to focus and defend the way we did against City and the offense will do the rest. Other than Spurs, Madrid has not played anyone who plays like us and our pressing and pace will give them fits.

Quick Reply