Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should Klopp pick a new captain?

Yes.
      73 (52.1%)
      No.
      67 (47.9%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Should Klopp pick a new captain?

Read 50340 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Should Klopp pick a new captain?
      Reply #253: Sep 14, 2017 01:44:18 pm
      Give him a break, he once got in Diego Costa's face!! :lmao:

Looks like he is going in for a kiss there, he already starting to pitch a tent... if I were Costa I would have ran a mile.
      Ref looks like he is saying get a room.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #254: Sep 14, 2017 03:23:13 pm
      Yes.

He doesn't motivate the players enough. He doesn't lead by example.

His basically sh*t and i have had enough of deluding myself that he may be a half decent player.

The captaincy is the only thing keeping him in our first team.

Coming from someone with Sterling in their username. Jog on.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #255: Sep 14, 2017 03:35:58 pm
      Defiantly yes , can't believe he is he's sh*t
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #256: Sep 14, 2017 03:38:10 pm

I'll be honest i don't think Henderson is going to be here once Naby and others arrive, hell be pushed down the pecking order, Milner similar not enough of a Bawbag and like Hendo his days are numbered,

YNWA

Was just thinking about this in pondering Klopp's idea long-range team. While I think Keita will be more of a box-to-box mid than a #6, I supsect Klopp's long-term hope is for the kid Allan to step into that holding role (which of course isn't like a traditional British holding role). He always raves about the young Brazilian and if he can get his work permit after this season (may be playing in the Europa League tonight btw) it wouldn't surprise me for Allan to step into that role.

As for captain, it wouldn't shock me if Keita ends up filling that role as someone who is top quality, plays midfield, wants to be here and apparently can be a bit of an SOB when needed.

But for now, it's Hendo on the park and with the armband.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #257: Sep 14, 2017 03:40:15 pm
      Coming from someone with Sterling in their username. Jog on.

OOOOOO

I have Sterling in my name because i had vtorres before and then he left and i changed it to vsterling before he became a snake, then he left, so it was getting a bit tedious for JD to keep changing my name.

So i just left it as is, feel free to get it changed for me if you like.
      Kopite78
      Reply #258: Sep 14, 2017 03:43:00 pm
      OOOOOO

I have Sterling in my name because i had vtorres before and then he left and i changed it to vsterling before he became a snake, then he left, so it was getting a bit tedious for JD to keep changing my name.

You had vsuarez in between as well

😉

They all seem to leave.. . Any chance you could get vlovren

🙄
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #259: Sep 14, 2017 03:43:20 pm
      OOOOOO

VCoutinho it is then!! ;)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #260: Sep 14, 2017 03:44:44 pm
      You had vsuarez in between as well

😉

They all seem to leave.. . Any chance you could get vlovren

🙄

I think we should have a vote :D

vlovren
      vmoreno
      vmignolet
      vhenderson 
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #261: Sep 14, 2017 03:48:15 pm

vlovren
      vmoreno
      vmignolet
      vhenderson 

What about vHenry ;)
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #262: Sep 14, 2017 03:51:03 pm

vlovren
      vmoreno
      vmignolet
      vhenderson

Let's have vmignolovrenoson
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #263: Sep 14, 2017 06:16:03 pm
      What about Drippy Dick.......

.......or VD for short  ;D

YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #264: Sep 14, 2017 06:51:14 pm

Got to agree with wellbuilt when he says there are no leaders in this team. When the chips are really down a lot of this team go missing.

Replace Henderson definitely but ... with who ?

There's only possibly Can or Lallana .

We've no leaders  , no warriors  the DNA has gone .

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #265: Sep 14, 2017 07:12:30 pm
      Replace Henderson definitely but ...

There's only possibly Can or Lallana .

We've no leaders  , no warriors  the DNA has gone .

Not sure about Lallana mate, he doesn't exactly fill you with fear does he?
      When push comes to shove has Lallana really got it in him to bollock his teammates when things are going tits up ?
      Whereas Can has a bit more about him hasn't he, i think he has bigger bollocks thsn Lallana and wont want to be messed with, so for me Can seems the type to grab us by the throat when the titties go up.

YNWA

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #266: Sep 14, 2017 07:38:45 pm
      When push comes to shove has Lallana really got it in him to bollock his teammates when things are going tits up ?
      Whereas Can has a bit more about him hasn't he, i think he has bigger bollocks thsn Lallana and wont want to be messed with, so for me Can seems the type to grab us by the throat when the titties go up.

YNWA

I absolutely think Lallana not only would give his teammates a lash, but he's been around enough and has the skins that the boys would listen to him. Although I think Henderson does an ok job at times...just not consistent enough.

I think our problem is we have a relatively young team (now) full of players that would all aspire to be the Captain at some point, and by default, there is no one player that everyone looks to as the defacto captain like they did when Stevie was around.

Lucas might have been that player but he's gone now.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #267: Sep 14, 2017 07:56:06 pm
      I absolutely think Lallana not only would give his teammates a lash, but he's been around enough and has the skins that the boys would listen to him. Although I think Henderson does an ok job at times...just not consistent enough.

I think our problem is we have a relatively young team (now) full of players that would all aspire to be the Captain at some point, and by default, there is no one player that everyone looks to as the defacto captain like they did when Stevie was around.

Lucas might have been that player but he's gone now.

See what your saying FL, and a very valid point , i think Hendo's only the captain because he was in situ when Klopp arrived, and a small part of me thinks klopp didn't want derision in the dressing room by removing Henderson, so left things as they were,

Your point of having a young squad is fair comment but i look at Lacelles at Newcastle and see a young man who has put down a marker to his peers and they all seem to look up to him yet, hes still at a young age himself,
      If i were to choose between Can & Lall i know who id want in the trenches next to me ?

I'll give you a wee clue......hes not English.

Agree with you regarding Lucas .

YNWA
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #268: Sep 14, 2017 08:04:29 pm
      If I were Klopp I would put Hendo as centre back. His defence stats are better than anywhere else, he is not a good midfielder of deep lying player. We are short on CB and Ox can fill in for him in the middle.
      « Last Edit: Sep 14, 2017 08:09:50 pm by Ribapuru »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #269: Sep 14, 2017 11:28:34 pm
      If we spent half as long making the opposition players feel as uncomfortable at Anfield as we do our own captain it would be a lot harder to beat us.

Fact is we are more concerned with our own players faults than those of the opposition that we create a toxic atmosphere where a misplaced pass turns into a 4/10 performance and no hope for the rest of the season.

Our fanbase on the whole is too negative. This thread proves it. I think I'm done defending players to those who are too stubborn to have a logical debate because it's clear those people just want to be negative and miserable.

Be my guest, I'll stay optimistic and looking to the positives as much as I can. You carry on being a miserable c**t. I know which life I prefer.
      « Last Edit: Sep 14, 2017 11:52:07 pm by Magillionare »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #270: Sep 14, 2017 11:32:04 pm

See what your saying FL, and a very valid point , i think Hendo's only the captain because he was in situ when Klopp arrived, and a small part of me thinks klopp didn't want derision in the dressing room by removing Henderson, so left things as they were,

Your point of having a young squad is fair comment but i look at Lacelles at Newcastle and see a young man who has put down a marker to his peers and they all seem to look up to him yet, hes still at a young age himself,
      If i were to choose between Can & Lall i know who id want in the trenches next to me ?

I'll give you a wee clue......hes not English.

Agree with you regarding Lucas .

YNWA

Maybe mate (on Can) but he seems to spend a good deal of time primping his hair after a challenge too :D

To be honest we were spoiled with Stevie and it's going to be hard for someone to live up to his standard.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #271: Sep 15, 2017 08:52:49 am
      Maybe mate (on Can) but he seems to spend a good deal of time primping his hair after a challenge too :D

To be honest we were spoiled with Stevie and it's going to be hard for someone to live up to his standard.

Yeah i reckon he's taking advantage of all those free Nivea products the players get,  Can with his hair gel, Lallana his face cream, Bobby & Mane teeth whitener, they should have a word with Lovren, perhaps Nivea has some 'blocker' he can use ? 😁

YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #272: Sep 15, 2017 11:27:53 am

YNWA

You're right Billy... about Lallana.

Sadly there are no other candidates. None. Except Can.

I'm amazed by our attack but ... aren't we supposed to build a team from the back ?

Defence is a shambles.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #273: Sep 15, 2017 12:39:08 pm

You're right Billy... about Lallana.

Sadly there are no other candidates. None. Except Can.

I'm amazed by our attack but ... aren't we supposed to build a team from the back ?

Defence is a shambles.

Not Jürgen's mantra it seems mate, building from the back, we've been doing it for decades until recently, tried, tested and copied the world over, with other teams having success globally,

Jürgen will get it right i'm sure, it's just that he has a stubbornness to stick to what he believes, 'Blood' came up with a good point tho, if he didn't think our defense needed strengthening why (tap up) Van Dijk, and as he has himself said there is no plan 'b' he either gets his man or makes do with what he has until he does get him,

be interesting in January if he is true to his beliefs, that it's only a matter of time until the big fella arrives.....

.....but anyways i don't f***in care cos i'm off to Corfu for a week ....sun sand sea and a shitload of San Miguel's or whatever it is in Greece....Rat-arsed for a week...i'll be watching the Redmen very bleary eyed from a tarverna somewhere for sure,

... So Get It Up Ye  !!   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:  ;D

YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #274: Sep 15, 2017 01:28:22 pm

.....but anyways i don't f***in care cos i'm off to Corfu for a week ....sun sand sea and a shitload of San Miguel's or whatever it is in Greece....Rat-arsed for a week...i'll be watching the Redmen very bleary eyed from a tarverna somewhere for sure,

... So Get It Up Ye  !!   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:  ;D

YNWA

;D

ENJOY   Billy Mate
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #275: Sep 19, 2017 08:11:27 pm
      Henderson has no business being the captain (I´ll keep shut about what other role he has no business occupying  :f_tongueincheek:). He is much too hot-headed, you can see it in almost every game. You can´t have a person like that be the captain of any sort of unit.

Milner should have the permanent armband. Serious, down-to-earth, calm but will stand out if needed. On top of that experienced. He´s probably the only captain material in the whole squad, honestly. 

Quick Reply