Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should Klopp pick a new captain?

Yes.
      73 (52.1%)
      No.
      67 (47.9%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Should Klopp pick a new captain?

Read 50244 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Should Klopp pick a new captain?
      Reply #23: Jun 21, 2017 06:03:28 pm
      Yes .  New captain.

Can :   as first choice      Vice Captain :    Milner or Lucas
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #24: Jun 21, 2017 06:04:13 pm
      There's only one future captain.

Mohamed Salah?

Virgil Van Dijk?

Mamadou Sakho??

Who would you have?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #25: Jun 21, 2017 06:07:10 pm
      Could never see why Henderson was chosen as Captain... Can for me

This is a contender for worst post of the year.

CAN... he had 5 good games last year! And fu**ed everyone off with his contract situation. An overhead kick doesn't get you the armband.

EDIT: seeing loads of people agreeing... Surly not. Half of you were calling for his head most of the season!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #26: Jun 21, 2017 06:23:05 pm
      Who have you in mind Riba? 🤔

If Jürgen decides to change the captain, it's going to be for Milner surely?

Me? As things stand I can't see anyone else being worth consideration - Matip maybe?

He would be my pick to Bubbs, but only if Hendo is missing as much as last season,
      Hendo is club captain and as far as I know Jürgen does not have a issue with that, so if Hendo stays fit he's fit enough to captain, simple as that to be honest.

YNWA

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #27: Jun 21, 2017 06:24:31 pm
      Need a new captain and I genuinely believe Coutinho would be the best option.

Leads by example and is inspirational (especially if he plays that deeper role next season)

Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #28: Jun 21, 2017 07:32:18 pm
      Mohamed Salah?

Virgil Van Dijk?

Mamadou Sakho??

Who would you have?
      VVD would be an brilliant captain, tall and strong presence at the back.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #29: Jun 21, 2017 07:56:50 pm
      Not sure at all about VVS - regardless of his height... Im not sure being tall makes you a good leader and it would be his first season here - if we sign him, which I dont think we will.

Milner would be first choice for me if he is playing week in week out. Works hard, never complains, good with the media and has lots of experience for the younger lads we are bringing through. Its about attitude as much as inspirational quotes. He has won every domestic competition in England, plays for the national team and has played in the Champs league (where a number of our lads haven't). He is also the penalty taker and aside from one miss has been pretty decent at this job...

In fairness, if there is to be a new captain I am not sure if anyone has worked harder for the right above Milner.

Couthino would be a great shout, but its extra pressure on the lad who we want to play up top and take risks. I am not sure how that would sit with the fans if he has a poor game (yes, it does happen).
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #30: Jun 21, 2017 08:29:47 pm
      My running order for captaincy would be:

1) Hendo
      2) Milner
      3) Lallana
      4) Matip
      5) Coutinho
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #31: Jun 21, 2017 09:51:44 pm
      Matip or Milner, Hendo should never have been given the armband, no grit or guile about him. He flatters to deceive with his pass stats, back passes and side passes and the odd deadly ball.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #32: Jun 21, 2017 10:07:29 pm
      Matip or Milner, Hendo should never have been given the armband, no grit or guile about him. He flatters to deceive with his pass stats, back passes and side passes and the odd deadly ball.

A goldfish would beat you at Simon.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #33: Jun 21, 2017 10:14:07 pm
      If we're basing it on the on the field stuff then possibly because he has had a foot injury that has kept him out of the squad for long periods (although he'd be a regular starter in my eyes when fit), he doesn't grab games by the scruff of the neck and he doesn't strike me as the type of player that would inspire the rest of the players on the pitch to play to a higher level (I may be wrong though and he might actually do that).

If it's based on the off the field stuff then I've only ever heard of positive things about Henderson and how he helps out the rest of the team when they have problems, when players need settling in, when they need advice or when another player just needs somebody to talk to about on the field stuff.

I think it goes to show how spoilt we've been by having Gerrard, Carragher & Hyypia in such roles in the past.

If there even is a decision to be made by Klopp - for all we know he might love Henderson as captain - then I don't envy him.

Some of the reasons for picking certain players in this thread are bizarre. Being a penalty taker or being tall & strong do not make somebody captain material.

There's no one candidate that stands out clearly to me and that worries me a little.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #34: Jun 21, 2017 10:21:06 pm
      A goldfish would beat you at Simon.
      Some fellas don't like the truth.

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #35: Jun 21, 2017 10:31:44 pm
      Some fellas don't like the truth.

It's not the truth though is it... Have a look through the player thread if you can't remember correctly. You'll see pretty much everyone say they were wrong about him. You'll see praise heaped on him from unlikely sources and with good reason. You've never liked him and are too stubborn to change your stance, admit it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36: Jun 21, 2017 10:33:53 pm
      I wonder if giving Lovren the arm band would improve and take him to the next level? ;)
      Nice shout... Could be what he needs
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #37: Jun 21, 2017 10:42:26 pm
      It's not the truth though is it... Have a look through the player thread if you can't remember correctly. You'll see pretty much everyone say they were wrong about him. You'll see praise heaped on him from unlikely sources and with good reason. You've never liked him and are too stubborn to change your stance, admit it.

I don't think he's good enough for to hold the club armband and if we want to kick on then it's players like Henderson that we can do without.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38: Jun 21, 2017 10:42:39 pm
      This is a contender for worst post of the year.

CAN... he had 5 good games last year! And fu**ed everyone off with his contract situation. An overhead kick doesn't get you the armband.

EDIT: seeing loads of people agreeing... Surly not. Half of you were calling for his head most of the season!

The over head kick was great and all but that's why I choose him, nor was it for the Arsenal game where he came back from a Injury to run the show, just think he has more attributes Captain wise than than any other player that we currently have, and more likely to gab a game by the scruff of the neck than Henderson
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #39: Jun 21, 2017 11:02:54 pm
      I don't think he's good enough for to hold the club armband and if we want to kick on then it's players like Henderson that we can do without.

I suppose that if he isn't shipped out and still has the armband come August (and the manager does have options) then we could say the gaffers opinion differs to your own.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #40: Jun 21, 2017 11:16:36 pm
      I suppose that if he isn't shipped out and still has the armband come August (and the manager does have options) then we could say the gaffers opinion differs to your own.

Klopp's opinion probably differs than a lot of ours on a lot of topics (football related). It's ok. We don't all have to be Klopp zombies to be Liverpool supporters or even Klopp supporters.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #41: Jun 21, 2017 11:19:32 pm
      My opinion and yours means nought and if he still holds it in August then it's not a problem with me. I'll keep on supporting the club regardless of what i think of Henderson.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #42: Jun 21, 2017 11:22:44 pm
      Who cares..........such a overrated position.

Need leaders in every position.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #43: Jun 22, 2017 12:13:30 am

I agree on his passing, it's not adventurous and creative as Gerrard, nor does he shift the ball as good as Lucas, but he's not about that in the 6 role, is he? Before his injury, I actually thought he was becoming more of a Kante type defensive midfielder.

His best attributes are off the ball where he dominates because he is so dynamic and notoriously hard working, probably more so than Lallana and Firmino!! If I had a captain like that, personally, it would inspire me and make me work twice as hard!

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #44: Jun 22, 2017 04:16:18 am

I thought big Rowdy had retired but he would be a good choice.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #45: Jun 22, 2017 05:36:13 am
      You don't change something as significant as a captain without having a solid and obvious choice.

Right now the options given in this thread all have question marks over their heads.

Hendo just need to get himself right and back on the pitch.

Quick Reply