Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should Klopp pick a new captain?

Yes.
      73 (52.1%)
      No.
      67 (47.9%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Should Klopp pick a new captain?

Read 50591 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Re: Should Klopp pick a new captain?
      Reply #391: Oct 28, 2017 10:29:14 pm
      Scotia, you are usually okay, but your post there did not debate my opinion, it is an insult. I will return it. Your a douche.
      Now you have a choice, return another insult and I can return another one, or just choose to leave it as even.
      I was not watching a different game, I can find multiple people in the match thread who share that opinion too.

That’s the thing though fella - you are utterly one dimensional.

Debating with you is as beneficial as debating with your dog.

Lots of noise - yap, yap, yap....but it all sounds the same.

The difference is the dog doesn’t have to google to find intelligible replies.....and it very rarely (often inaccurately - great comedy) corrects other’s grammar.

Go figure.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #392: Oct 28, 2017 10:35:36 pm
      That’s the thing though fella - you are utterly one dimensional.

Debating with you is as beneficial as debating with your dog.

Lots of noise - yap, yap, yap....

The difference is the dog doesn’t have to google to find intelligible replies.....and it very rarely (often inaccurately - great comedy) corrects other’s grammar.

Go figure.

Well, lets see some of the posts before Sturridges goal, don't expect me to go through them all.

What is it with Hendo and that sh*te cross/long ball thing he does from the inside right area?

Saw him run 20 yards back to Matip when Matip had told him he was going to get the ball so yeah - he can do different things.

That's the problem. When things are going well they all want a piece of it but when it's deadlocked or backs against the wall people like Hendo just want to run and hide. Cowards is a harsh word but probably quite apt.

I agree with Frankly on this, if Sturridge did not score, Henderson would not have improved.
      Do you really think it is captain material? Captain is meant to grab the team by the scruff of their neck, not just improve when another player improves the situation. Not a leader. Just because my opinion does not match yours, does not mean it is one dimensional.

Lets see how he changed his performance after Sturridges goal.. quotes incoming...

I gave my MOTM to Henderson just because I think he worked hard today. We can all give MOTM awards to attackers and goal scorers I just think he pressed well and tryed to get around the pitch well .Wether he's still captain material I don't know but he got my vote today.

Henderson only plays well when the team is playing well, he is never a player that lifts the team though, he is happy being mediocre whilst times of under performing. Join the band wagon type of player.
      « Last Edit: Oct 28, 2017 10:42:14 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #393: Oct 28, 2017 10:41:41 pm
      Well, lets see the posts before Sturridges goal.

I agree with Frankly on this, if Sturridge did not score, Henderson would not have improved.
      Do you really think it is captain material? Captain is meant to grab the team by the scruff of their neck, not just improve when another player improves the situation. Not a leader. Just because my opinion does not match yours, does not mean it is one dimensional.

Lets see how he changed his performance after Sturridges goal.. quotes incoming...

Henderson only plays well when the team is playing well, he is never a player that lifts the team though, he is happy being mediocre whilst times of under performing. Join the band wagon type of player.

Yap, yap, yap......

Stand on your own - don’t bring other posters into your one ring circus.....
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #394: Oct 28, 2017 10:45:04 pm
      Yap, yap, yap......

Stand on your own - don’t bring other posters into your one ring circus.....
      I was accused of not watching the game because of having an opinion people deemed ridiculous, so I simply shared matching opinions from highly respected members. I am not saying Henderson was terrible all game, I am saying he did not provide a captains performance because he didn't being the improvement to the team, he just rolled with the improvement. A captain should bring the improvement during a bad spell, something Henderson never does.

Name one meaningful contribution from Henderson that had impact to contributing to team moral or chances created before our first goal?
      It's deep rooted into his personality, I remember during a team scuffle he was the last one to arrive, after all the other reds defended our player.
      A captain is a leader not a follower.
      This thread is not to debate Henderson as a player, but as a captain. I personally think Henderson would be okay as a squad player because there are situations he can be useful, but if we want to get into the top four again, Henderson is not good enough for a captain.
      « Last Edit: Oct 28, 2017 10:53:21 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #395: Oct 28, 2017 10:56:34 pm
      I was accused of not watching the game because of having an opinion people deemed ridiculous, so I simply shared matching opinions from highly respected members. I am not saying Henderson was terrible all game, I am saying he did not provide a captains performance because he didn't being the improvement to the team, he just rolled with the improvement. A captain should bring the improvement during a bad spell, something Henderson never does.

Name one meaningful contribution from Henderson that had impact to contributing to team moral or chances created before our first goal?

The addition of a further paragraph (including a challenge?) after your initial post doesn’t make it any more compelling.

You don’t post based on how he played - or indeed the team - you post based on your pre-disclosed position.

I hate using ignore but suggest we do from now.

“Rib out” ;)

Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #396: Oct 28, 2017 10:59:23 pm
      The addition of a further paragraph (including a challenge?) after your initial post doesn’t make it any more compelling.

You don’t post based on how he played - or indeed the team - you post based on your pre-disclosed position.

I hate using ignore but suggest we do from now.

“Rib out” ;)
      good, ignore is a good function for people who can't accept difference of opinion and resort to insults instead of debating. You probably can't read this, but I expect you'll have a lot of people on ignore if you don't like them not approving of Henderson. Maybe you can find a forum where everyone agrees how great Henderson is and sends each other love hearts. You didn't come here to debate Henderson, but derail the thread with a smokescreens because of how much you like Henderson. Back to topic for future posts please.
      « Last Edit: Oct 28, 2017 11:06:17 pm by Ribapuru »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #397: Oct 28, 2017 11:16:15 pm
      Passenger today, shown nothing to get the team going. Total passenger in the side.

Oh F**k off dimwit.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #398: Oct 28, 2017 11:24:19 pm
      Henderson was clearly better today as he played much further forward than he usually does - in the 2nd half.
      Hopefully a sign to Klopp that Hendo as DM  is not a natural position for Hendo.

Hendo is like a huskey dog he needs to be stretching his legs all the time otherwise he is wasted.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #399: Oct 28, 2017 11:40:00 pm
      Henderson was clearly better today as he played much further forward than he usually does - in the 2nd half.
      Hopefully a sign to Klopp that Hendo as DM  is not a natural position for Hendo.

Hendo is like a huskey dog he needs to be stretching his legs all the time otherwise he is wasted.
      I'm not sure if Klopp asked him to get forward or if he just got forward more because we were winning.
      I'd rather our players show this enthusiasm when it is still 0-0.
      I agree about Henderson not bringing a whole lot to the team from DM.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,335 posts | 6386 
      Reply #400: Oct 28, 2017 11:49:49 pm
      You didn't come here to debate Henderson

You didn’t either, you merely wanted everyone to know how you feel about Hendo, but you already have your mind made up.

I’m not his biggest fan by any stretch (check his player thread sometime) but to say he didn’t have an impact today isn’t just inaccurate, it’s downright silly.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #401: Oct 29, 2017 07:17:51 am
      I’m not his biggest fan by any stretch (check his player thread sometime) but to say he didn’t have an impact today isn’t just inaccurate, it’s downright silly.
      I'm not sure if you can't read or are on a wind up here. I never said he didn't have an impact today, I said no impact before the first goal. Nothing to spur the team.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #402: Oct 29, 2017 08:02:45 am
      I'm not sure if you can't read or are on a wind up here. I never said he didn't have an impact today, I said no impact before the first goal. Nothing to spur the team.

You literally said he was a passenger a few posts back.

You post quality is bottom of the barrel.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #403: Oct 29, 2017 08:12:19 am
      Completely irrelevant topic.
      Apart from the presumption of the title there is a suggestion that one man is responsible for all the woes confronting LFC.
      Bag of sh*te.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #404: Oct 29, 2017 09:00:54 am
      I'm not his biggest fan that's for sure, to me he lacks leadership and bottle, his play is far from consistent and hasn't got the ability to drag us over the line when things go tits up,

His inconsistency could have something to do with his position he has played much better when he's further forward, however, that still doesn't make him a better captain,
      JĂźrgen wants him in the DM role probably cos he feels no one else is more suited, perhaps, perhaps not, he also wants him as skipper and although i don't like it i don't think he'll change it unless he specifically brings in a natural leader in the next 2  Windows,

Would i pick a new captain? Yes i would, but I'd see this season out first, even if say Van dijk arrived in January, look, it is my opinion that Henderson has reached his peak both in level of ability and his career, i also think his day's here are numbered, but atm he's our captain and will remain so until Klopp opts for someone else .

YNWA
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #405: Oct 29, 2017 09:43:45 am
      You literally said he was a passenger a few posts back.

You post quality is bottom of the barrel.
      He is a passenger. Your definition of passenger may not be the same as mine.
      I understand a passenger as a player who contributes little in long periods of the game.
      ie... Henderson in the first half, before our team as a whole improved which helped Henderson.
      Team helps Henderson more than Henderson helped the team.
      Your view is very abstract, in other words generalized, which is why you think my posts are contrasting when they aren't.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,335 posts | 6386 
      Reply #406: Oct 29, 2017 11:44:04 am

I think maybe you need to look in the mirror, you are the only one who can’t read AND are on a wind up.

Passenger today, shown nothing to get the team going. Total passenger in the side.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #407: Oct 29, 2017 12:20:06 pm
      Henderson was awful in that first half yesterday. Apart from Salah, nobody wanted to have a go.

It was a shithouse 45 minutes led by him. It was just woeful. He was the biggest culprit for safe, easy, sideways passing.

Second half he did a lot better. He still isn't the standard required to play for liverpool but compared to his first half performance, he did do a lot better. He started to look forward for a pass and the ball to firmino for the almost sturridge tap in was sublime.

A fairly good second half at home to Huddersfield doesn't justify him being our skipper or even being in our team. His form of late has been more dire than usual and i for one want to see the back of him.

I don't see how we will ever progress with Jordan Henderson being our captain. Wouldn't get in any of the teams around us and he can be upgraded on massively.

When Keita comes I think those hendo lovers will soon see the difference between a very good midfielder and an average one.

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #408: Oct 29, 2017 12:51:34 pm
      He is a passenger. Your definition of passenger may not be the same as mine.
      I understand a passenger as a player who contributes little in long periods of the game.
      ie... Henderson in the first half, before our team as a whole improved which helped Henderson.
      Team helps Henderson more than Henderson helped the team.
      Your view is very abstract, in other words generalized, which is why you think my posts are contrasting when they aren't.

Bollocks that's your understanding. You're just back peddling.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,437 posts | 3421 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #409: Oct 29, 2017 12:54:49 pm
      Completely irrelevant topic.
      Apart from the presumption of the title there is a suggestion that one man is responsible for all the woes confronting LFC.
      Bag of sh*te.

Apparently he shot jfk as well.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #410: Oct 29, 2017 12:57:57 pm
      I think maybe you need to look in the mirror, you are the only one who can’t read AND are on a wind up.
      Those two quotes aren't conflicting. I said Henderson is not doing anything to rally the team when needed, I stick by it. He is a passenger because he joins in when we are already doing well. Like the second half yesterday.
      « Last Edit: Oct 29, 2017 01:02:23 pm by Ribapuru »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #411: Oct 29, 2017 12:58:49 pm
      Bollocks that's your understanding. You're just back peddling.
      No i am not, Hendo is a passenger. No back peddling here.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #412: Oct 29, 2017 01:03:59 pm
      Henderson was awful in that first half yesterday. Apart from Salah, nobody wanted to have a go.

It was a shithouse 45 minutes led by him. It was just woeful. He was the biggest culprit for safe, easy, sideways passing.
      That is my point, he led a bag of crap for a performance for 45 minutes and was awful, Sturridge scored and everyone around him changed which assisted him to play better. Team assisted Henderson, not Henderson assisted the team. Passenger.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #413: Oct 29, 2017 03:10:02 pm

Second half he did a lot better. He still isn't the standard required to play for liverpool but compared to his first half performance, he did do a lot better. He started to look forward for a pass and the ball to firmino for the almost sturridge tap in was sublime.

A fairly good second half at home to Huddersfield doesn't justify him being our skipper or even being in our team. His form of late has been more dire than usual and i for one want to see the back of him.

I don't see how we will ever progress with Jordan Henderson being our captain. Wouldn't get in any of the teams around us and he can be upgraded on massively.

When Keita comes I think those hendo lovers will soon see the difference between a very good midfielder and an average one.

That is my point, he led a bag of crap for a performance for 45 minutes and was awful, Sturridge scored and everyone around him changed which assisted him to play better. Team assisted Henderson, not Henderson assisted the team. Passenger.

F***ing L - the posters glum winding each other down.

We F***ing won, what the F**k do ya want, blood?

Quick Reply