Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should Klopp pick a new captain?

Yes.
      73 (52.1%)
      No.
      67 (47.9%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Should Klopp pick a new captain?

Read 49752 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Should Klopp pick a new captain?
      Reply #322: Sep 21, 2017 06:58:33 pm
      Europe's most successful club don't even bother picking captains. It's the club's policy that whoever is the most senior player at the club wears the armband - no drama for what is not in fact that important anyway.

The idea is that if a player has been at the club long enough, then naturally he must be expected to be good enough and have a leadership role.

Which is not always the case at a club like LFC. We need to have the ruthlessness to demand that kind of high standards, so the armband becomes far less relevant

I know at Barcelona the players vote for captains, iniesta is the normal captain then messi, think mash is still one
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #323: Sep 21, 2017 07:03:17 pm
      I know at Barcelona the players vote for captains, iniesta is the normal captain then messi, think mash is still one

I was referring to Real Madrid mate
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #324: Sep 21, 2017 07:40:40 pm
      I was referring to Real Madrid mate

No worries
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #325: Sep 21, 2017 09:29:44 pm
      I think Klopp should pick his nose & flick it at the naysayers...

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #326: Sep 21, 2017 09:39:21 pm

Flick

"BOOM"

Now that's funny.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #327: Sep 21, 2017 09:42:08 pm

That's snot funny, just hope Leicester don't become our bogey team again
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #328: Sep 21, 2017 10:50:36 pm
      I do believe that if the armband was given to Mignolet, Karius or Ward we would keep a clean sheet in every game.

Henderson is F***ing captain! It does not give him a divine right to start. If he deserves to play he will. If not, someone else can wear the armband on the day.

In my opinion, he is good enough to play.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #329: Sep 21, 2017 11:20:21 pm
      I know it's not up to us but the poll at the top speaks volumes.

50/50 at the minute for and against surely means he shouldn't be the captain.

Imagine Gerrard or Suarez or Carragher was the name up there. The results would probably be 80/20 or more in favour of yes
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #330: Sep 21, 2017 11:41:52 pm
      I know it's not up to us but the poll at the top speaks volumes.

50/50 at the minute for and against surely means he shouldn't be the captain.

Imagine Gerrard or Suarez or Carragher was the name up there. The results would probably be 80/20 or more in favour of yes

There are a lot of clowns in this world. 50/50 probably.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #331: Sep 22, 2017 12:01:34 am
      I do believe that if the armband was given to Mignolet, Karius or Ward we would keep a clean sheet in every game

I hope for your own sanity you forgot to add a 'not' to that statement
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #332: Sep 22, 2017 06:00:23 am
      Henderson is f**king captain! It does not give him a divine right to start. If he deserves to play he will. If not, someone else can wear the armband on the day.

I agree with you, but when was the last time you saw a club, any club, bench their captain, in his prime?

It seems to me like if a player is captain, he's essentially the first name of the team sheet, whether he deserves it or not.  The last time I can think of a captain being dropped was when the Mancs dropped Rooney, but again, he was old and past it.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #333: Sep 22, 2017 06:06:18 am
      Of course we should have a different captain.  I mean really, if Henderson weren't captain now, would anyone give it to him?  would anyone even have him in the starting XI?  I doubt it.

This, unfortunately, is another consequence of FSG waiting too long to sack Rodgers.  Does anyone remember the last game of the 14/15 season, when we got destroyed by Stoke away, we lost 6-0 or something?  Everyone knew he should've been sacked long before that, but that really should've been the last straw.  Klopp was already available, he'd already had his press conference saying he was leaving Dortmund etc. 

Well, Henderson was named captain in July.  By Rodgers.  So, if FSG had sacked Rodgers at the end of the season in May, like everyone and their mother knew they should've done, then Klopp could've come in, had a full summer of transfers and working with the squad, and made his own decision on captain.  No way in hell he would've picked Henderson. 

But of course he didn't come in until October, and Henderson was already captain.  An awful decision made by an awful manager.  And yet now Klopp is stuck with it.

I honestly think that we're stuck with Henderson as captain for the next 3-4 seasons at least.  He is absolutely useless as a footballer, much less as a captain, but I don't think Klopp has the bollocks to take the captaincy off of him.  Thanks, Brendan.  We're still suffering from the awful decisions he took. 

If it were my choice I'd give it to Mane.  He's shown an incredible amount of passion for the club in the short time he's been here, he fights, he works hard, he doesn't go missing.  And he's arguably the first name on the team sheet, so no one would question whether he is just being put on the field because he's captain.

But I doubt it'll happen.

:lmao:

You're blaming Rodgers because Klopp doesn't have the 'balls' to hand the armband to somebody else. I've read it all now.

There were many things wrong with Rodgers but blaming him because Henderson is our current captain is just pitiful.
      « Last Edit: Sep 22, 2017 06:40:33 am by Beerbelly »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #334: Sep 22, 2017 10:40:19 am

You're blaming Rodgers because Klopp doesn't have the 'balls' to hand the armband to somebody else. I've read it all now.

There were many things wrong with Rodgers but blaming him because Henderson is our current captain is just pitiful.

F****** Rodgers!!  :mad:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #335: Sep 22, 2017 10:48:40 am
      I know you're not English so maybe it's a matter of textual comprehension? English isnt my first language either so I understand it can be tough at times. However if you read my post and understood that I called all English people ridiculous, then you seriously need help.

I said England's obsession with armbands and the captain role is ridiculous and I stand by it. Completely different to what you're trying to portray.

But then again me and you both know it was just so you could have another dig at Brazil. You can go f**k yourself you tw*t. And dont come to me with "but I lived in Brazil" as if that excused you for being a c**t. F**k off.

;D you are a bit sensitive huh Diego? Maybe you should learn to take as well as you give because you seem to have no problem in dishing out abuse, calling people ridiculous and lots of other abusive terms.
      Perhaps if Brasil believed a bit more in good captains then the rather humiliating defeat against Germany on home soil would have been a bit different? ;-) Just something for you to ponder.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #336: Sep 22, 2017 11:20:08 am

Now I get what "Buck" Rogers means!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #337: Sep 22, 2017 03:38:04 pm
      ;D you are a bit sensitive huh Diego? Maybe you should learn to take as well as you give because you seem to have no problem in dishing out abuse, calling people ridiculous and lots of other abusive terms.
      Perhaps if Brasil believed a bit more in good captains then the rather humiliating defeat against Germany on home soil would have been a bit different? ;-) Just something for you to ponder.

Nah not sensitive if you direct abuse towards me, but you've been a c**t on more than one occasion towards my country, including a very ignorant and prejudicial view on poor people from favelas which is the sort of thing only a real tw*t like yourself could say. This is particularly unnecessary given it wasn't even part of the conversation to begin with. But then again you're not very good on textual comprehension - and here's me thinking that up there in half-half scarf land you were supposed to have a good educational system. 

Funny that you'd say that about the Brazilian national team given they don't care much about captains and still are the most successful NT in the world. Real Madrid don't bother appointing captains either and are the most successful club in the world. England are totally obsessed with it and well... they're England.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #338: Sep 22, 2017 04:23:04 pm
      What the F**k difference to the price of eggs or LFC would a new captain mean?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #339: Sep 22, 2017 04:26:46 pm
      What the f**k difference to the price of eggs or LFC would a new captain mean?

Eggs? "Hen"derson?

See what you did there Stuey ;)

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #340: Sep 22, 2017 05:11:34 pm
      65 voted yes and 65 voted no which.makes 130 and not 129, can't we add up mods ?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #341: Sep 22, 2017 05:13:38 pm
      65 voted yes and 65 voted no which.makes 130 and not 129, can't we add up mods ?

Milner's vote doesn't count.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #342: Sep 22, 2017 06:10:40 pm
      Yes, matip. He is the only one who I think can do the job. Our best defender, and therefor should start every game as a captain.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #343: Sep 22, 2017 09:54:30 pm
      Nah not sensitive if you direct abuse towards me, but you've been a c**t on more than one occasion towards my country, including a very ignorant and prejudicial view on poor people from favelas which is the sort of thing only a real tw*t like yourself could say. This is particularly unnecessary given it wasn't even part of the conversation to begin with. But then again you're not very good on textual comprehension - and here's me thinking that up there in half-half scarf land you were supposed to have a good educational system. 

Funny that you'd say that about the Brazilian national team given they don't care much about captains and still are the most successful NT in the world. Real Madrid don't bother appointing captains either and are the most successful club in the world. England are totally obsessed with it and well... they're England.

Hmm you really do have some kind of issue with England and the English don't you, it's starting to shine through more and more now, interesting, very interesting.
      For what its worth I was winding you up a little bit but boy oh boy I didn't expect this kind of reaction and such vulgarities, tut tut.
      Also just to note that I do like MOST Brazilian people I've met and you come from a fantastic country.

Anyway sorry if I cased you offence, I genuinely didn't mean to do that.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #344: Sep 23, 2017 12:22:41 am
      Eggs? "Hen"derson?

See what you did there Stuey ;)

Quick Reply