Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should Klopp pick a new captain?

Yes.
      73 (52.1%)
      No.
      67 (47.9%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Should Klopp pick a new captain?

Read 49756 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: Should Klopp pick a new captain?
      Reply #345: Sep 23, 2017 01:26:53 am
      We could give it to TAA and also make him the clubs biggest earner. See what effect that would have on his development.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #346: Sep 23, 2017 10:29:49 am
      What the f**k difference to the price of eggs or LFC would a new captain mean?

It all depends if they have the liccle lion stamped on them Stu.
      C'mon.  You should have known that .
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #347: Sep 23, 2017 10:31:56 am
      It's not moving the captains armband which is the issue, its signing someone worthy of wearing it where we are failing !😈
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #348: Sep 23, 2017 11:26:12 am
      It's not moving the captains armband which is the issue, its signing someone worthy of wearing it where we are failing !😈

I fully agree, there is no one in the current set up who has shown any ability or desire to have the arm band.

Courtinho was our talisman - but his head was turned and it now seems like were on borrowed time before we sell him and get a inferior replacement.

I'm more worried about the lack of improvement from the defence and midfield as well as a striker who will fit in and also bang in 20+ goals to worry about whos captain out of the current bunch
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #349: Sep 23, 2017 12:13:21 pm
      Give the armband to Mane..

Case closed.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #350: Sep 23, 2017 02:50:30 pm
      It all depends if they have the liccle lion stamped on them Stu.
      C'mon.  You should have known that .

The stamp of a lion is indeed missing from the team Skip, it seem there are one or two bad eggs in there as well.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #351: Sep 23, 2017 03:15:05 pm
      Stop whinging over Hendo. Being captain does not guarantee a start. At the minute he really is the only choice. He's captain of England. His form will be assessed by Klopp on the same level as everybody else. Not saying I don't have concerns over his form and his style but I could list half a dozen at least who need to improve.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #352: Oct 19, 2017 09:59:36 am
      Stop whinging over Hendo. Being captain does not guarantee a start. At the minute he really is the only choice. He's captain of England. His form will be assessed by Klopp on the same level as everybody else. Not saying I don't have concerns over his form and his style but I could list half a dozen at least who need to improve.
      Only choice? Milner would have something to say about that after the other night.
      Milner was outstanding, Henderson is not good enough even in his peak, Milner's ability to lead by example is miles ahead.
      What was the score? 7-0? Highest every away win from an English team? Who was captain? Oh yea.. Milner!
      Where was Henderson? Twiddling thumbs on the bench, at least he was not giving the ball away like usual.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #353: Oct 19, 2017 10:06:08 am
      Yes, and it should be me. It's every man's right to be the Captain of a major football club if he wants to. Don't you oppress me!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #354: Oct 19, 2017 10:07:49 am
      There is nobody thats the problem. Hendo is best of a bad bunch. Quietest team ive ever seen. Goalkeepers you never hear a peep out. Never bollock the back 4. Has Matip ever spoken at all? Lovern does all his talking in ghe media.

We have no leaders. Which is why we linger between 4th and 8th in the league on a regular.

Henderson far from ideal but better then the rest.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #355: Oct 19, 2017 10:15:26 am
      Henderson far from ideal but better then the rest.
      No he isn't, that is just your opinion and one which is a minority which is getting smaller. If you saw how people voted on this thread it would be like this

-
         -              -                 -
      -                          -  -           -      -
                                                                -
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #356: Oct 19, 2017 10:18:39 am
      No he isn't, that is just your opinion and one which is a minority which keeps getting smaller. If you saw how people voted on this thread it would be like this

-
         -              -                 -
      -                          -  -           -      -
                                                                -

Enlighten me then to who is our true leader. I need a laugh
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #357: Oct 19, 2017 10:18:59 am
      Milner, although I thought I made that clear already.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #358: Oct 19, 2017 10:25:13 am
      Milner, although I thought I made that clear already.

Hes no captain. Though hed be my 2nd pick. Thus highlighting our lack of leaders.

When Gerrard was captain we also had Reina Carra Hyppia Masch Alonso all talking instructing. Thats what you need.

Our current crop havent a voice between them
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #359: Oct 19, 2017 10:29:29 am
      Only choice? Milner would have something to say about that after the other night.
      Milner was outstanding, Henderson is not good enough even in his peak, Milner's ability to lead by example is miles ahead.
      What was the score? 7-0? Highest every away win from an English team? Who was captain? Oh yea.. Milner!
      Where was Henderson? Twiddling thumbs on the bench, at least he was not giving the ball away like usual.

You basing so much of one result against Maribor shows either:

1) You are naive to the point of lunacy
      2) You're trolling
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #360: Oct 19, 2017 10:39:46 am
      No surprise here, another member with 832982198309283902 posts who doesn't agree with somebody else's opinion throws around troll accusations.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #361: Oct 19, 2017 10:44:06 am
      No surprise here, another member with 832982198309283902 posts who doesn't agree with somebody else's opinion throws around troll accusations.

I don't agree with plenty of people in here, but very few make me think that they're so far removed from reality that they must be taking the piss.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #362: Oct 19, 2017 10:52:43 am
      I don't agree with plenty of people in here, but very few make me think that they're so far removed from reality that they must be taking the piss.
      I must be taking the piss? You think I base my opinion on Milner captaincy credentials based on one game? I actually seen Milner play more than once believe it or not. He isn't always brilliant, but no player is... when he is brilliant it has a massive impact.  Last game shown that perfectly, however you disagree so you think I must be taking the piss? I think it is you who is taking the piss with you constant insults to the poster instead of debating the content. You like to throw around mentally challenged, trolls, taking the piss etc.. insults. I'm not the only one who doesn't rate Hendo but does rate Milner and believe it or not, Milner has had long spells of being captain at Liverpool before when Hendo has been out. I don't agree with Klopp on everything, but Klopp has said Milner is a perfect professional according to the Echo. Your inability to provide any rational but just sit there with sad little insults just shows what you, the hender defender has been reduced to.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #363: Oct 19, 2017 11:01:28 am
      I must be taking the piss? You think I base my opinion on Milner captaincy credentials based on one game? I actually seen Milner play more than once believe it or not. He isn't always brilliant, but no player is... when he is brilliant it has a massive impact.  Last game shown that perfectly, however you disagree so you think I must be taking the piss? I think it is you who is taking the piss with you constant insults to the poster instead of debating the content. You like to throw around mentally challenged, trolls, taking the piss etc.. insults. I'm not the only one who doesn't rate Hendo but does rate Milner and believe it or not, Milner has had long spells of being captain at Liverpool before when Hendo has been out. I don't agree with Klopp on everything, but Klopp has said Milner is a perfect professional according to the Echo. Your inability to provide any rational but just sit there with sad little insults just shows what you, the hender defender has been reduced to.

The fact that this is the first time you've said anything about Milner being captain before and it's based as you say 'after last nights game' is pretty clearly where I got those thoughts from.

I like Milner for the record. I agree with Klopp, he seems to be the perfect professional.

And look at the end the man with no rational accusing others of having none. Perfect 'what will I say that will annoy him' behaviour, accuse others of what you are mostly accused of. Classic.

Ribapuru
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #364: Oct 19, 2017 11:05:17 am
      The fact that this is the first time you've said anything about Milner being captain before and it's based as you say 'after last nights game' is pretty clearly where I got those thoughts from.

I like Milner for the record. I agree with Klopp, he seems to be the perfect professional.

And look at the end the man with no rational accusing others of having none. Perfect 'what will I say that will annoy him' behaviour, accuse others of what you are mostly accused of. Classic.
      Before Coutinho wanted to go to Barca
      Milner has done well as captain whilst Hendo has been injured, he is 31 and could be captain for a couple of seasons, but looking to the future Coutinho has shone out since we got him and as long as he is still here at the end of the window, which I really think he will be, then he is another choice for me. He captained Brazil so there is no reason he can't be captain here. We have a couple of candidates. Maybe Milner captain and Coutinho vice captain for now. We do have to consider whoever is captain needs to have a high probability of making our first 11.
      Would you like me to provide the rest of the times I mentioned Milner? because there really are a lot. Like always, you chat utter c**p again. You are embarrassing yourself now.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #365: Oct 19, 2017 11:13:27 am
      Before Coutinho wanted to go to BarcaWould you like me to provide the rest of the times I mentioned Milner? because there really are a lot. Like always, you chat utter c**p again. You are embarrassing yourself now.

Fair enough, I don't remember your posts from June thankfully.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #366: Oct 19, 2017 11:33:11 am

I agree with you, but when was the last time you saw a club, any club, bench their captain, in his prime?

It seems to me like if a player is captain, he's essentially the first name of the team sheet, whether he deserves it or not.  The last time I can think of a captain being dropped was when the Mancs dropped Rooney, but again, he was old and past it.

Carrick is MU's captain, although he obviously isn't in his prime. Think Klopp will judge Henderson's performance the same way he judges the rest. Professionals know getting the armband doesn't guarantee them a place.

Hendo might have a poor game and still be selected for the next but the same could be said of nearly all our established players.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #367: Oct 19, 2017 11:52:17 am

Milner

Quick Reply