Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 559243 times
      jabv and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1150: Sep 18, 2018 08:20:49 am
      If I remember right, it wasn’t until the CL groups started last season that he really kicked into gear. He had a goal or 2 more at this stage but he was missing more glorious chances than what he has done so far.

Worth remembering too that no doubt his summer / pre-season was somewhat hampered with shoulder injury.

He may even still be feeling way back to full confidence when it comes to backing in / spinning defenders.

He will be just fine.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1151: Sep 18, 2018 08:46:05 am
      I would not worry too much about Mo scoring for us.One of these days he will burst back and put 4 or 5 goals in some opposition net.It should also be remembered that while opposition defenders are worrying about Mo they are leaving themselves open.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1152: Sep 18, 2018 09:50:39 am
      Still back Mo to be top scorer this season just a bit of rust to come off then he will start banging them in starting tonight,
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,517 posts | 713 
      Reply #1153: Sep 18, 2018 10:57:11 pm
      Just gonna leave this here for the haters

https://twitter.com/RVRThanos/status/1042160608152571905
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #1154: Sep 18, 2018 11:19:53 pm
      Love you Mo!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #1155: Sep 18, 2018 11:43:08 pm
      Important thing for me is that he is working his socks off. This time last year Mane was struggling for form and now look at him. Mo will be fine plus I think that Defences are really cheating towards him and this is creating space for the others. The goals will come. He scored a cracker vs Saints last year at Anfield. I've got a feeling we'll see another cracker at the weekend.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1156: Sep 19, 2018 12:00:23 am
      I now think he is really having some serious issues, his touch has vanished, as has his shot plus he's started passing like a fuckwit as well.
      I'd bench him for a while until he can unfuck his head.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #1157: Sep 19, 2018 12:12:55 am
      I now think he is really having some serious issues, his touch has vanished, as has his shot plus he's started passing like a fuckwit as well.

Mane struggled early doors last season. Salah will be fine, he is working hard, he isn't hiding. Even if he isn't firing the movement he provides is crucial to the way our front three play (that's true of all 3 of them). Also, you can see that opposing defences are cheating towards him and this is giving more space to the likes of Mane and Robertson on the opposite wing. He'll be fine, he doesn't need to sit.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1158: Sep 19, 2018 12:14:29 am

This is what we call a "hot take" in the shithouse punditry world.

He's not at his best, but he's not at his worst either. Still see the opposition flock to him whenever he gets the ball, and that helps the entire side out.

He certainly has to regain some touch, and passing vision. That pass that ended up in the second goal was absolute sh*te, agreed that can't happen. But the vilification is far beyond the realms of where we're actually at with Salah. In reality, he's just middling at the moment. Still getting chances. Already got a couple goals under his belt. Should have had one tonight had a different ref called it (50/50 to be honest, Sturridge does get ball though sooo).

Lad didn't exactly light up Anfield until November/December onwards last year. Had an injury and World Cup interrupted pre-season, topped off with good ol fashioned political dissent against the fuckhead regime that runs his home country - a place we know he's proud to be from. He's not doing all that bad considering, in my opinion. He's inches away from some boss goals this year, they will start falling for him again. Worse thing you could do is bench him unless there are major physical issues. Mentally, I can't imagine he's the type that will regain his touch by not playing week in, week out, when possible.

It's like Mane and Salah from last season's start have reversed situation in the public eye (expectation from previous season), and at the end of the day it all worked out for both of them, and all of us. He'll be aight, as will we.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1159: Sep 19, 2018 12:15:23 am
      Mane struggled early doors last season. Salah will be fine, he is working hard, he isn't hiding. Even if he isn't firing the movement he provides is crucial to the way our front three play (that's true of all 3 of them). Also, you can see that opposing defences are cheating towards him and this is giving more space to the likes of Mane and Robertson on the opposite wing. He'll be fine, he doesn't need to sit.

I really disagree about his movement, I think it's quite bad, by his standards, at the moment. He needs to know he's not an automatic starter, a kick up the arse.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1160: Sep 19, 2018 12:29:12 am
      I guess you missed the part where he took of his shirt for the corner revealing the shoulder still taped for his injury?..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1161: Sep 19, 2018 01:17:25 am
      I guess you missed the part where he took of his shirt for the corner revealing the shoulder still taped for his injury?..

This explains a lot.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1162: Sep 19, 2018 03:12:01 am
      So he missed a pass that led to a goal, yep I was fuming with him too but you don't call him names, just remember everything he achieved for us last Season and know that sooner rather then later, he will come good and every other Team playing us, has to watch the F**k out!!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1163: Sep 19, 2018 08:46:52 am
      Ultimately we wouldn’t have done as well as we did last season if it wasn’t for him, I think he’s earned a free pass to F**k up and cost a goal at least once...not like he done what Alisson done vs Leicester after all.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 875 posts | 102 
      Reply #1164: Sep 19, 2018 11:15:19 am

when the F**k was that on TV?..there was nothing in my cheapo TV Times ?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,988 posts | 516 
      Reply #1165: Sep 19, 2018 11:35:33 am

Thank F**k you're not the manager then. If you wanted to derail a great start to the season, dropping Salah would be about the best way you could find.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #1166: Sep 19, 2018 01:14:54 pm
      Reading all the criticism of Mo makes me cringe.  Mo is one of the best players in the world.  Sure he's been a little off color the last few games, but he also has 2 goals and 1 assist in 6 games.  1 goal contribution every 2 games is normally the form you ask for from a top player.  When Mo does it our fans call for him to be benched. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1167: Sep 19, 2018 02:25:50 pm
      This isn't MO FC. he is an incredibly important part of our team and despite the experts all shouting out loud "we knew he wouldn't do it this season" he will be vital to our success later on in the season.  If all players are expected to defend these days then they should all contribute to scoring.
      He will score a bag full of goals again this season.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1168: Sep 19, 2018 06:24:54 pm
      Salah will improve and will score goals because we are playing with confidence and we create chances. Give him a breather.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1169: Sep 19, 2018 06:45:50 pm
      Yes he is not the same Mo' as last season... Last season he was mustard, this season so far he as not been the same, but  I believe that he will start to fire on all cylinders soon, in the mean time we have Mane and Bobby (he too is lacking something at the moment) who can pick up the slack...Mo is saving his best for the knockout stages of  the CL and November onwards or the Premier League...

Everything is everything
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1170: Sep 19, 2018 06:51:53 pm
      He looks tired not physically but mentally. A goal will losen him up. Not worried in the slightest.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1171: Sep 19, 2018 07:48:48 pm

I did until I read it earlier, that might explain a bit, but I still think he might need a bit of a break as well.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1172: Sep 19, 2018 07:50:21 pm
      Thank f**k you're not the manager then. If you wanted to derail a great start to the season, dropping Salah would be about the best way you could find.

Thank F**k you're not the manager if you think our team revolves around one out of form player

Quick Reply