Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546620 times
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1173: Sep 19, 2018 10:46:54 pm
      Thank f**k you're not the manager if you think our team revolves around one out of form player

Haha. The team doesn't revolve around him, as has been seen by the fact that we've won 6 games on the bounce with him somewhat below par.

But he's our best player, and undoubtedly our number 1 goal threat. You don't drop a player like that because of a short, and far from catastrophic, dip in form. You show faith and back him to play his way into form. Particularly at the start of the fecking season, when a lack of sharpness is not even surprising, and is cured by playing games!

If you don't understand that then it's your problem. Jürgen will sure as F**k understand it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1174: Sep 19, 2018 10:53:38 pm
      If Mo's in poor form, it's only because he's missing his mate!!

Get Dejan back and watch Salah start blasting them in :laugh:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1175: Sep 19, 2018 11:35:51 pm
      Haha. The team doesn't revolve around him, as has been seen by the fact that we've won 6 games on the bounce with him somewhat below par.

But he's our best player, and undoubtedly our number 1 goal threat. You don't drop a player like that because of a short, and far from catastrophic, dip in form. You show faith and back him to play his way into form. Particularly at the start of the fecking season, when a lack of sharpness is not even surprising, and is cured by playing games!

If you don't understand that then it's your problem. Jürgen will sure as f**k understand it.

I never said drop him, I was jst saying maybe take him out of the spotlight for a few games to let him get his head straight again. I fully realise how good he is, but at the moment he's almost a liability to the team with his poor touches and lack of sharpness.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1176: Sep 19, 2018 11:48:01 pm
      I never said drop him, I was jst saying maybe take him out of the spotlight for a few games to let him get his head straight again. I fully realise how good he is, but at the moment he's almost a liability to the team with his poor touches and lack of sharpness.

We should "drop" him vs Chelsea in the league cup :D
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1177: Sep 20, 2018 08:36:02 am
      Salah looks a bit jaded but he is also receiving extra care from other teams now thus creating space for our other players to bang them in which they have been doing.

Personally I think Mo needs to play a bit wider and be given the ball earlier, he seems to be drifting inside with a player up his arse all the time.

Id like to see him hug the touchline a bit more until he gets his mojo back and gain some confidence as he seems to be trying that little bit too hard.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1178: Sep 20, 2018 09:15:38 am

So don't drop him, but take him "out of the spotlight for a few games" by.... dropping him?

I think there's a lot of overreaction to a player not scoring at least one a game the way we kind of got used to last year in his real hot streak. If he was so well off it that he was running the wrong way and looked like Ewing and Barkley post Nerdlucks stealing their powers in the great saga that was Space Jam, I'd be much more worried - but he just looks a touch off where he needs to be. That shouldn't precipitate a fundamental change in our overall plans for this run of fixtures.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1179: Sep 20, 2018 09:34:42 am
      So don't drop him, but take him "out of the spotlight for a few games" by.... dropping him?

I think there's a lot of overreaction to a player not scoring at least one a game the way we kind of got used to last year in his real hot streak. If he was so well off it that he was running the wrong way and looked like Ewing and Barkley post Nerdlucks stealing their powers in the great saga that was Space Jam, I'd be much more worried - but he just looks a touch off where he needs to be. That shouldn't precipitate a fundamental change in our overall plans for this run of fixtures.

Exactly, he’s making a strong impact still and the goals will come
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1180: Sep 20, 2018 09:55:07 am
      We should "drop" him vs Chelsea in the league cup :D

Ok smartass, but when I say drop him what I mean is rest him rather than punish him, I know how superb he can be, but I think he needs a bit of a break to get himself back in the correct frame of mind.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1181: Sep 20, 2018 11:27:33 pm
      I was gutted that his goal got disallowed the other night because I feel like something is bugging him these past couples of games. Even when he scored the goal he celebrated it with a bit less energy than he usually does.

Some people are blowing it out of proportions, but I wouldn't say he looks totally normal. Something is bugging him and IMO it has much more to do with the Egyptian FA problem than anything else. One of the FA board members went as far as threatening his family (his mom), saying something along the lines of ''Salah is in England, but his mother is still in Egypt''

He played the WC post Ramos-injury and scored 2 goals in two games. Scored another two and assisted a couple in his last game with Egypt and scored two and assisted another with us (LFC). His physical side seems to be okay, its just his usual demeanor that seems to be a tad too gray. He's frustrated and it makes him less sharp than usual.

One thing I noticed is how he gets frustrated and throws his arms in the air at every missed chance. He is usually always smiling even when he misses a chance and does that little stop-jump thing where he starts running again getting ready to go for another one after he misses a goal or pass.

I don't know what is frustrating him these days, but I think Klopp and the staff should have a talk with him just to explain to him one way or another that its okay and he can relax and just get out there and enjoy the game.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1182: Sep 20, 2018 11:57:54 pm
      You can always tell the people who don't really understand football, because they don't understand the concept of a player "playing himself into form".

Mane did it last year.

Firmino does it every season, as do other players.

It's why Klopp sticks with them.
      Sooner or later they click, and then they perform brilliantly.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1183: Sep 21, 2018 04:37:18 pm
      You can always tell the people who don't really understand football, because they don't understand the concept of a player "playing himself into form".

Mane did it last year.

Firmino does it every season, as do other players.

It's why Klopp sticks with them.
      Sooner or later they click, and then they perform brilliantly.

Indeed.

I'd still let him sit out the game tomorrow though mate.

Play him midweek and next weekend together.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1184: Sep 21, 2018 06:20:52 pm
      Indeed.

I'd still let him sit out the game tomorrow though mate.

Play him midweek and next weekend together.

Not for me mate.

Like Henderson and Firmino, he needs match sharpness, so I'd keep playing him, especially as we need the front 3 to keep building their understanding.

For me, he doesn't need rest, he needs game time, same as last season when he took time to really get going.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1185: Sep 21, 2018 06:24:42 pm
      Not for me mate.

Like Henderson and Firmino, he needs match sharpness, so I'd keep playing him, especially as we need the front 3 to keep building their understanding.

For me, he doesn't need rest, he needs game time, same as last season when he took time to really get going.

Interesting.

You'd play him all three coming up then?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1186: Sep 21, 2018 06:34:09 pm
      Interesting.

You'd play him all three coming up then?

Just the league and Champions League.

The "whatever the F**k it's called this week" cup is traditionally a chance for others to show their stuff, and we need that as well, so I'd stick with him for what might be termed "priority" games.
      On the bench, yes, starting, no.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1187: Sep 21, 2018 06:43:50 pm
      Just the league and Champions League.

The "whatever the F**k it's called this week" cup is traditionally a chance for others to show their stuff, and we need that as well, so I'd stick with him for what might be termed "priority" games.
      On the bench, yes, starting, no.

I'd let him sit out the game at the weekend and then play him in the next 3.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1188: Sep 21, 2018 06:50:44 pm
      If he is 100% fit he plays, else he doesn't. We don't have these variables to make a call I don't think.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1189: Sep 21, 2018 07:05:22 pm
      If he is 100% fit he plays, else he doesn't. We don't have these variables to make a call I don't think.

End of discussion then I suppose. :roll:
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1190: Sep 21, 2018 07:15:28 pm
      End of discussion then I suppose. :roll:
      It’s good to have an omniscient presence in this forum, eh?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1191: Sep 21, 2018 07:47:36 pm
      stick with the principle that the league is priority and play our strongest team available.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1192: Sep 21, 2018 07:54:15 pm

Fair enough mate.

My reasoning is that I don't particularly want him to play against over eager 2nd string chelsea players who want to force their way into the 1st team.
      In my opinion, cloggers get away with a lot more in these cup games.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1193: Sep 21, 2018 08:26:21 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1194: Sep 24, 2018 08:00:33 pm
      I think Mo felt slightly embarrassed winning the best goal award :D
      MIRO