Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 559107 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,486 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1403: Jan 12, 2019 09:42:42 pm
      Credit to Salah. Slow start to the season. But kept at it, improved and is back scoring important goals. And joint top PL scorer I think.
      Won the peno and scored the goal today. Really important win.
      Keep it up Mo !
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,553 posts | 3907 
      Reply #1404: Jan 12, 2019 10:59:08 pm
      Absolutely superb again today. World class
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #1405: Jan 12, 2019 11:02:53 pm
      Absolutely superb again today. World class

was the difference tonight to be honest, won us the penalty and scored
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1406: Jan 13, 2019 12:05:00 am
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,674 posts | 6686 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1407: Jan 17, 2019 10:44:30 pm
      Loved it when he dropped deep and ran at the defenders with the ball, scared the sh*t out of them. Would like to see this happening more often. Gave us a whole new dimension.

Have to add, what a 2nd half he played.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,726 posts | 847 
      Reply #1408: Jan 19, 2019 08:47:26 pm
      Here we go for another ''he dove'' drama.

As far as I'm concerned I'm more than happy to see him go down easily in the box. First, I don't want opposition defenders to hack at him like he's made of titanium as we saw against Bournemouth...imagine he would've injured his Achilles tendon? Second, the whole league does it so how is it not fair when he does?

The day the whole world stops diving or going down easy then I'll be more than happy to see our players stop doing it. Until then I see this as a simple question of putting everybody on an even playing field. We lost more than a couple of points last season because of dives yet now everybody is acting super outraged when Salah dives.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #1409: Jan 19, 2019 08:53:33 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1410: Jan 19, 2019 08:57:10 pm

It's not good, and had we won the pen, he would have gotten a 2 game ban.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,674 posts | 6686 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1411: Jan 19, 2019 11:03:59 pm
      It doesn't look good, he got kicked first and he should have went down then but when he did go down a couple of seconds later, there was no contact at all.

Who gives a F**k anyways? We got 3 points, he was there on hand to score 2 and has gone back to the outright top of the Goal scoring charts.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,862 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1412: Jan 19, 2019 11:05:27 pm
      I said while back never the type to go down easily to swing a penalty his way. However, in recent months he's making a bad habit of it. At this rate he'll catch Ashley Young up.  :lmao:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1413: Jan 19, 2019 11:10:46 pm
      Best player in the league.

The rest is jealousy or insecurity.

He’s the f***in dogs bollocks.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1414: Jan 19, 2019 11:16:45 pm
      Best player in the league.

The rest is jealousy or insecurity.

He’s the f***in dogs bollocks.

Delayed reaction I put it down to..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1415: Jan 20, 2019 12:14:14 am

It’s not the best viewing but at the same time, I’d argue that it evens itself out seeing as we had a blatant handball in the box by Townsend awarded against us.
      I don’t condone diving but the officials are just as much to blame as the players IMO, there is no consistency with them at all. There has been games where a player has been completely taken out in the box and it not given as a penalty, one week a ref will give a penalty for pulling in the box at a set piece and the next they will let it go. Boly got sent off last week for a challenge that was no where near as bad as Kompany’s on Salah, yet Kompany didn’t get sent off. If officials would get their act together and actually do their job properly then it would help cut the diving out. I genuinely think they are every bit as guilty as the players when it comes to diving because it’s their inconsistencies that have partly led to players feeling like they need to go down with the slightest touch.
      The state of the officials in the last few years has been shocking. I understand why the FA will hand out bans for players diving if it’s awarded but at the same time, they should be binning the refs off for a week or sending them to a lower division for a week every time they f**k up. They view it as players deceiving the refs when they dive but teams lose a lot more points as a result of officials making the wrong calls than when a player dives.

In terms of Salah’s recent achievement of 50 goals in 72 league games, it’s a shame he spent some time at the Chavs because he’d probably have achieved it in less than 72 games.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1416: Jan 20, 2019 12:50:27 am
      It's that 'we're outraged because we're morally superior beings' attitude that is a virus across the English press/media. Their silence/reluctance to fully engage with Kane and Vardy's behaviour shows the double standards and if you gave them the chance they'd probably be the first to claim that those two are just 'canny'.

Imperialist mindset and all that not helped by the lie that is still prevalent across much of English football that it was 'foreigners' that brought it in to the game.

Of course part of the frustration lies in the fact that Salah is once again leading the goal scoring charts and that it isn't one of their 'English Roses' like Vardy or Kane leading the way.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1417: Jan 20, 2019 01:11:20 am
      59 games 48 Premier League goals for us.  One of the best players in Europe no doubt.   Nobody is perfect.  The odd dive is not the worst crime as a footballer. 
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1418: Jan 20, 2019 03:34:19 am
      It's that 'we're outraged because we're morally superior beings' attitude that is a virus across the English press/media. Their silence/reluctance to fully engage with Kane and Vardy's behaviour shows the double standards and if you gave them the chance they'd probably be the first to claim that those two are just 'canny'.

Imperialist mindset and all that not helped by the lie that is still prevalent across much of English football that it was 'foreigners' that brought it in to the game.

Of course part of the frustration lies in the fact that Salah is once again leading the goal scoring charts and that it isn't one of their 'English Roses' like Vardy or Kane leading the way.

Spot on mate down to every word.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,651 posts | 481 
      Reply #1419: Jan 20, 2019 03:45:44 am
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,486 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1420: Jan 20, 2019 09:24:26 am
      He got a kick, but there was a gap to the fall imho.
      Couldn't give two shits what the media, other fans etc think - but don't personally like to see it.
      Mo is such a super footballer, he doesn't need to be at it.

Haven't seen many replays of the 2nd goal, was thinking it might have crossed the line even if Mo hadn't been there. Then again, having his body in front of the defender at least blocked the guy from hooking the ball away. Either way, delighted to see him getting two more :)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1421: Jan 20, 2019 10:34:36 am
      I said while back never the type to go down easily to swing a penalty his way. However, in recent months he's making a bad habit of it. At this rate he'll catch Ashley Young up.  :lmao:

How about Pogba yesterday, very very similar to Salah against Newcastle?

Salah is going down to easy though, Joergen needs to have a word with him.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1422: Jan 20, 2019 11:45:09 am
      How about Pogba yesterday, very very similar to Salah against Newcastle?

Salah is going down to easy though, Joergen needs to have a word with him.

Joergen...Who’s he...🤔
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #1423: Jan 20, 2019 12:13:06 pm

Embarrassing my arse!
      There was contact and the defender did not play the ball, seen pens given more times than not in that situation.
      The media didn't mention 'embarrassing' after Kane's acrobatics recently.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1424: Jan 20, 2019 12:17:55 pm
      I remember many years ago, Ronaldo dived over the Norwich goal keeper, and got a penalty, no contact what so ever.

They scored and won.

Ferguson when asked about the dive said, if he hadn't dived over the 'keeper, then he would have been brought down and got a penalty anyway.

This for me is the bar.

We have been playing by the rules for years and got nothing, now we are playing by their rules, they don't like it.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1425: Jan 20, 2019 12:18:16 pm
      Alan Shearer posting about it in Twitter this morning is disgraceful.

Quick Reply