Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 567059 times
      PastorGeek, CT_LFC, RomaN, AlwaysTheKop, DanMann, Millsy75, LFCbronx and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1932: Sep 25, 2019 03:35:04 pm
      Is that really the case, I'm not so sure, perhaps Mane and Bobby just have better movement off the ball and are better at playing intricate passes to unlock defences and create openings for themselves. Salah almost always tries to dribble past a couple of defenders and invariably fails, as its bloody hard to do, Bobby and Mane don't do this, they tend to pass and go which is much more effective.

Bobby's ability to get himself out of trouble is second to none.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1933: Sep 25, 2019 03:57:22 pm
      I don't expect him to.
      I do however believe it is one of the reasons Mane & Firmino will do big numbers this season.

Yep.

It's one of the things I like about Klopps systems.
      4 defenders are not enough to mark our 3 attackers.
      If they go with 5 at the back, or tuck in a midfielder to help against Mane, or Salah, it's more room for the FB's, and the midfield.
      It helps create a lot of pressure, and then switches create the overloads we want.

It's a great system, and I have absolutely no complaints bout Salah's part in it.
      He always works hard, helps create space for others, and gets goals.
      Anyone suggesting he should be dropped is, frankly, talking out of their arse.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1934: Sep 25, 2019 08:42:39 pm
      What a player Salah is it is just amazing.  Golden boot winner and the highest goalscorer ever in the premiership!  A couple of average performances does not change that!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1935: Sep 26, 2019 08:11:53 am
      Salah is going to come up against good defenders, just like he has done before.

It's a mark of his talent that he often finds a way to score or assist, when he has 2 or sometimes 3 players on him.

His defensive work is very underrated as well.

He put in a hell of a shift yesterday, both attacking and defending.
      In attack, it didn't quite come off.
      No big deal, sh*t happens.

This all day. People underestimate the space Mane gets on the opposite side because defence cheat across to double and triple cover Salah.

What’s he got so far this season? 3,4 goals and a couple of assists? 6 games in i’ll take that.

Unbeaten start, top of the league. I’m struggling to find fault in anything myself.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1936: Sep 26, 2019 08:58:57 am
      Are we saying he’s playing well just now then?
      In this calendar year I think he’s on something like 15 goals, few of which pens (bear in mind he didn’t start last season well either). That’s obviously not awful but in a team as good as ours where the forwards are expected to score the bulk of the goals I don’t think it’s great. I think defenders are wise to him cutting in and he is struggling to do anything different. Sure you can point to the likes of the Napoli goal last year but he doesn’t score many of them

4 goals and 3 assists and won the ball back in the oppositions final 3rd more than any other player so far.

Yeah bang out of form.

Strange how when we are in such a strong position some people still have this Salah obsession whilst he’s still delivering.
      If it’s not having a moan about him being selfish it’s “ where’s the Salah of last season, where’s the Salah of 2 seasons ago”.

Tell you what, let’s sell him and see if we are this good without him.
      « Last Edit: Sep 26, 2019 09:03:02 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1937: Sep 26, 2019 09:36:36 am

4 goals and 3 assists and won the ball back in the oppositions final 3rd more than any other player so far.

Yeah bang out of form.

Strange how when we are in such a strong position some people still have this Salah obsession whilst he’s still delivering.
      If it’s not having a moan about him being selfish it’s “ where’s the Salah of last season, where’s the Salah of 2 seasons ago”.

Tell you what, let’s sell him and see if we are this good without him.

I'd be happy to sell him if it meant we got Mbappe instead. :-)
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #1938: Sep 26, 2019 11:16:18 am
      I'd be happy to sell him if it meant we got Mbappe instead. :-)
      More & more I think you're just on the wind up!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1939: Sep 26, 2019 12:42:57 pm
      Didn't score against MK Dons. Sell him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1940: Sep 26, 2019 12:56:08 pm
      More & more I think you're just on the wind up!

No I honestly mean that, I rate Mbappe as a more complete striker than Salah, they are both fantastic and if possible I'd liek to have both in the squad.
      I honestly don't understand why this is so controversial? Its not like I'm saying Salah is sh*t, I think he's amazing but I do think he's getting  a bit predictable in his play, there is room for evolution in his play.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1941: Sep 26, 2019 12:56:48 pm
      Didn't score against MK Dons. Sell him.

None of the strikers did, which is worrying against league 3 opposition.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1942: Sep 26, 2019 01:20:32 pm
      I rate Mbappe as a more complete striker than Salah

Wonder if the fact Salah isn’t actually a natural striker where as Mbappe is has anything to do with that  :f_doh:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1943: Sep 26, 2019 01:37:06 pm
      Wonder if the fact Salah isn’t actually a natural striker where as Mbappe is has anything to do with that  :f_doh:

OK, I rate Mbappe as a slightly more versatile and complete attacking player, who plays in a forward position, than Salah.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #1944: Sep 26, 2019 08:33:49 pm
      OK, I rate Mbappe as a slightly more versatile and complete attacking player, who plays in a forward position, than Salah.

There is no debate, Salah is F***ing amazing, pure genius! It’s no F***ing coincidence we reached two back to back champions league finals since we got him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1945: Sep 26, 2019 08:46:41 pm
      There is no debate, Salah is f**king amazing, pure genius! It’s no f**king coincidence we reached two back to back champions league finals since we got him.

100% agree with you, Salah is amazing but he can still get better, add more tricks, more variety to his play.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1946: Sep 28, 2019 03:13:01 pm
      That level of performance doesn’t even surprise me any more from him. Surely can’t be far away from being dropped?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1947: Sep 28, 2019 03:51:13 pm
      That level of performance doesn’t even surprise me any more from him. Surely can’t be far away from being dropped?

Don't be ridiculous.

He was actually OK today.

Too many knee jerks because he's not scoring every game.
      Guess what, it's not his only job, and he defended pretty well today.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1948: Sep 28, 2019 03:58:58 pm
      He could barely control the ball today. I honesty don’t know what’s happened to him. I know it’s a high standard but that 1st season every time he got the ball I expected something positive to happen. It’s now the opposite
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1949: Sep 28, 2019 06:26:31 pm
      He could barely control the ball today. I honesty don’t know what’s happened to him. I know it’s a high standard but that 1st season every time he got the ball I expected something positive to happen. It’s now the opposite

IT is true, he is quite poor at the moment but we have no one who can replace him, the bench is even worse, although Origi is okish.
      His miss one on one was typical of a player a bit low on confidence.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1950: Sep 29, 2019 02:32:13 am

Did you see the size of the lumbers breathing down his neck? He was double teamed all game still did well I thought inexcusable though not to bury the 1 on 1.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1951: Sep 29, 2019 07:30:19 am

Christ.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1952: Sep 29, 2019 08:26:41 am

I don't know how to reply to your post,for once in my life I am stuck for words.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1953: Sep 29, 2019 10:12:31 am
      I don't know how to reply to your post,for once in my life I am stuck for words.

It is a bit over the top but you have to agree that Mo is in a poor run of form these last 3 games, actually all the forwards are.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1954: Sep 29, 2019 04:29:35 pm
      It is a bit over the top but you have to agree that Mo is in a poor run of form these last 3 games, actually all the forwards are.

And yet here we are, 7 wins from 7 and sitting pretty at the top of the table with wins over Arsenal and Chelsea in the bag already. The scrutiny of Salahs form is well over the top. 4 goals and 3 assists from 7 games. If he keeps playing at this crap level he will have directly contributed to 38 goals by the end of the season.

What is it that prevents so many posters from simply enjoying our form without all the BUT'S?

Quick Reply