Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 562621 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1955: Sep 29, 2019 05:54:02 pm
      And yet here we are, 7 wins from 7 and sitting pretty at the top of the table with wins over Arsenal and Chelsea in the bag already. The scrutiny of Salahs form is well over the top. 4 goals and 3 assists from 7 games. If he keeps playing at this crap level he will have directly contributed to 38 goals by the end of the season.

What is it that prevents so many posters from simply enjoying our form without all the BUT'S?

You know it is actually possible to be very happy at our wins and yet slightly concerned at our misfiring forwards.

What is it with some that they cant stand any criticism of the team or players?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1956: Sep 29, 2019 06:07:24 pm
      And yet here we are, 7 wins from 7 and sitting pretty at the top of the table with wins over Arsenal and Chelsea in the bag already. The scrutiny of Salahs form is well over the top. 4 goals and 3 assists from 7 games. If he keeps playing at this crap level he will have directly contributed to 38 goals by the end of the season.

What is it that prevents so many posters from simply enjoying our form without all the BUT'S?

It's not even like he's really playing badly.
      He's still doing a good job.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1957: Sep 29, 2019 07:23:09 pm

His 3 assists are a corner, when Bobby took the ball off him at Burnley and the back heel for Trent at Chelsea - heā€™s not assisting with defence splitting passes or great individual play - heā€™s scored 1 in his last 5.
      I just think heā€™s in an awful patch of form and itā€™s becoming too frequent. This stuff about being marked and no space that comes with the territory. Needs to get back to basics
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,597 posts | 2156 
      Reply #1958: Sep 29, 2019 07:51:51 pm
      You know it is actually possible to be very happy at our wins and yet slightly concerned at our misfiring forwards.

What is it with some that they cant stand any criticism of the team or players?

Because itā€™s always ā€˜well done but this guy is no good, or this players form is a concern or Whatā€™s up with such an such or from some, this player is awful he should be dropped. I think most find it quite wearing. I like reading your posts but it does seem to me that they have become negative the more we seem to be winning and I donā€™t really get it?
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2156 
      Reply #1959: Sep 29, 2019 07:57:58 pm
      His 3 assists are a corner, when Bobby took the ball off him at Burnley and the back heel for Trent at Chelsea - heā€™s not assisting with defence splitting passes or great individual play - heā€™s scored 1 in his last 5.
      I just think heā€™s in an awful patch of form and itā€™s becoming too frequent. This stuff about being marked and no space that comes with the territory. Needs to get back to basics

What does ā€˜needs to get back to basicsā€™ mean?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1960: Sep 29, 2019 08:01:00 pm
      What does ā€˜needs to get back to basicsā€™ mean?

The novel idea of expecting a forward to score goals
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2156 
      Reply #1961: Sep 29, 2019 08:14:35 pm
      The novel idea of expecting a forward to score goals

I thought it might be something insightful!
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1962: Sep 29, 2019 08:24:48 pm
      I thought it might be something insightful!

Do you think heā€™s playing well just now?
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2156 
      Reply #1963: Sep 29, 2019 08:43:51 pm
      Do you think heā€™s playing well just now?

Bit hit and miss, I thought he had a good first half vs Chelsea, scored an excellent goal the previous game against Newcastle. Not everything is coming off for him but he is always going to be that sort of a player. Sometimes he is red hot and everything he touches turns to gold and sometimes it doesnā€™t all come off. Fans get too greedy, heā€™s got 4 goals in 7, heā€™s been our main goal scorer for 2 seasons and yet a few fans almost seem to sway aside his goals contribution because they think his overall game isnā€™t at their required standard. Heā€™s a goal scorer, thatā€™s his job and heā€™s doing it. Currently in track for 30+ league goals. Bizarrely he could be getting criticised all season by a few as he accrues them.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1964: Sep 29, 2019 08:49:42 pm
      Bit hit and miss, I thought he had a good first half vs Chelsea, scored an excellent goal the previous game against Newcastle. Not everything is coming off for him but he is always going to be that sort of a player. Sometimes he is red hot and everything he touches turns to gold and sometimes it doesnā€™t all come off. Fans get too greedy, heā€™s got 4 goals in 7, heā€™s been our main goal scorer for 2 seasons and yet a few fans almost seem to sway aside his goals contribution because they think his overall game isnā€™t at their required standard. Heā€™s a goal scorer, thatā€™s his job and heā€™s doing it. Currently in track for 30+ league goals. Bizarrely he could be getting criticised all season by a few as he accrues them.

Fair enough. Can tell you right now though he wonā€™t be anywhere near 30 league goals
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1965: Sep 29, 2019 09:06:42 pm
      Because itā€™s always ā€˜well done but this guy is no good, or this players form is a concern or Whatā€™s up with such an such or from some, this player is awful he should be dropped. I think most find it quite wearing. I like reading your posts but it does seem to me that they have become negative the more we seem to be winning and I donā€™t really get it?

I'm not sure that's fair, I think all our players are fantastic but I will comment if they have a dip in form. This is exactly why I wanted a 4th top quality forward to provide genuine competition and to be able to give a player a rest if their form has a dip.
      Having said all this I'm sure our forwards will click back into gear soon, they'll have to against Leicester.
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2156 
      Reply #1966: Sep 29, 2019 09:07:39 pm

Fair enough. Can tell you right now though he wonā€™t be anywhere near 30 league goals

Just saying thatā€™s whatā€™s he currently on course for. Almost sounds like youā€™d be bit gutted if he did
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1967: Sep 29, 2019 09:10:35 pm
      Just saying thatā€™s whatā€™s he currently on course for. Almost sounds like youā€™d be bit gutted if he did

That's a bit naughty, it doesn't sound like that at all to me.
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2156 
      Reply #1968: Sep 29, 2019 09:12:59 pm
      I'm not sure that's fair, I think all our players are fantastic but I will comment if they have a dip in form. This is exactly why I wanted a 4th top quality forward to provide genuine competition and to be able to give a player a rest if their form has a dip.
      Having said all this I'm sure our forwards will click back into gear soon, they'll have to against Leicester.

So did I fella BUT in hindsight Iā€™m not sure they would have played much.

As for my comments being unfair. There are a number of posters who post as many negative posts as they do positive. Given weā€™re on a 15 game win streak that seems pretty off to me.
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2156 
      Reply #1969: Sep 29, 2019 09:25:28 pm
      That's a bit naughty, it doesn't sound like that at all to me.

Actually I think my maths has had a fail there! He's on track for 20 not 30!

I'd be quite happy with 20 meself.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1970: Sep 29, 2019 10:07:00 pm

Not at all, heā€™ll probably score on wed night and play well and I hope he does
      Heā€™s on course btw for 21 league goals (0.57 per game)
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2156 
      Reply #1971: Sep 29, 2019 10:35:33 pm
      Not at all, heā€™ll probably score on wed night and play well and I hope he does
      Heā€™s on course btw for 21 league goals (0.57 per game)

Yeah my bad maths!

21 goals not to be sniffed at. Particularly if Mane can chip in with a similar number form the other side.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1972: Sep 29, 2019 10:50:58 pm
      It is a bit over the top but you have to agree that Mo is in a poor run of form these last 3 games, actually all the forwards are.

It can't be too bad  all the forwards out of form and yet we are still sitting on top of the league.Exciting times ahead when the 3  of them hit top form.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #1973: Sep 30, 2019 03:10:31 am

Itā€™s like youā€™re denouncing the pacifists for a lack of patriotism.

We only won the game by virtue of Giniā€™s Fluke goal; that much is indisputable. If youā€™re going to rattle off statistics to support your point, fair enough, but I would also like you to include Moā€™s passing accuracy, completed dribbles, shooting accuracy and the ā€œassistā€ for Bobby that, in reality, was taken off of his boot against Burnley.

Salah is still posting good numbers; thatā€™s what phenomenal players do, regardless of form. But to ignore his obviously reduced effectiveness of late and to criticize others for ā€œnot enjoying our formā€ is hollow in its logic.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,720 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1974: Sep 30, 2019 04:54:17 am
      He'll come good. Wouldn't be surprised if he scores against Leicester and the Mancs in the next 2 games.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #1975: Sep 30, 2019 07:28:10 am
      You can just imagine the sh*t storm in here is we were not 7/7 , yes heā€™s slightly off but still working hard for the team , be up around twenty or more come seasons end will Mo .
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1976: Sep 30, 2019 07:55:26 am
      You can just imagine the sh*t storm in here is we were not 7/7 , yes heā€™s slightly off but still working hard for the team , be up around twenty or more come seasons end will Mo .

I don't think anyone is saying that he's not a) A fantastic forward, b) Doesn't work hard for the team, c) Won't come good. All some of us are saying is that he is playing poorly at the moment, with poor touches, dribbles into dead ends and fairly average finishing (by his standards)
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2156 
      Reply #1977: Sep 30, 2019 01:07:27 pm
      Itā€™s like youā€™re denouncing the pacifists for a lack of patriotism.

We only won the game by virtue of Giniā€™s Fluke goal; that much is indisputable. If youā€™re going to rattle off statistics to support your point, fair enough, but I would also like you to include Moā€™s passing accuracy, completed dribbles, shooting accuracy and the ā€œassistā€ for Bobby that, in reality, was taken off of his boot against Burnley.

Salah is still posting good numbers; thatā€™s what phenomenal players do, regardless of form. But to ignore his obviously reduced effectiveness of late and to criticize others for ā€œnot enjoying our formā€ is hollow in its logic.

Hi mate, Iā€™ve acknowledged that Salahā€™s Form has been a bit up and down a few posts back in this thread. And Iā€™m all for constructive criticism and it would be pretty boring if everyone was ultra positive about everything all the time. But when weā€™re winning every week and have a virtually unblemished record this season and coming off of the back of an incredible season I find the frequency of negative posts quite wearing. Remember Rafa whenever we scored, he never celebrated, just jotted something in his notebook and carried on as normal. Weā€™ve got a few fans like that.

Going back to Salah, I see him as a striker so if he is scoring and/or making goals (which he has been) then I am pretty happy. Most strikers are judged on their goals return (not necessarrily trues for Salah mind) so he is doing ok in my book.
      « Last Edit: Sep 30, 2019 05:17:05 pm by Scottbot »

Quick Reply