Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 560486 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,094 posts | 8521 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2070: Nov 18, 2019 07:13:36 pm
      Just a proper boss fella, video as well knocking about on facebook

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2071: Nov 18, 2019 07:27:28 pm
      I know we're going for a youth policy for the womens team but that's ridiculous.
      or,i know we  can't score goals in the womens team but he'll at least have to shave the beard.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2072: Nov 21, 2019 10:42:29 pm
      I say he's playing for sure!
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #2073: Nov 25, 2019 01:05:56 pm
      I know we're going for a youth policy for the womens team but that's ridiculous.
      or,i know we  can't score goals in the womens team but he'll at least have to shave the beard.
      Nah,he canā€™t shave his beard ,look what happened to Samson when he got his hair cut.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,197 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2074: Nov 28, 2019 04:12:43 pm
      Salah's form has been poor of late but last night he hit a new low, hope he improves soon
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2075: Nov 28, 2019 05:15:54 pm
      Salah's form has been poor of late but last night he hit a new low, hope he improves soon

Sadly I agree, he's shying out of tackles as well, which I don't like to see. He is a shadow of the player of 2 seasons ago.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,094 posts | 8521 
      Reply #2076: Nov 28, 2019 07:01:23 pm
      Sadly I agree, he's shying out of tackles as well, which I don't like to see. He is a shadow of the player of 2 seasons ago.

It's not that he's a shadow of himself, it's that good defenders have cottoned on to his game.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,244 posts | 1652 
      Reply #2077: Nov 28, 2019 08:00:32 pm
      It's not that he's a shadow of himself, it's that good defenders have cottoned on to his game.

Yep becoming a little predictable seems to try and go through defenders to much rather than round them using his pace loses the ball and possession so much maybe trying to hard
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2078: Nov 28, 2019 10:45:02 pm

OK but then he has to adapt or perhaps he's simply not as good as forwards like Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Aguero, Kane etc who are consistently good year after year irrespective of what defenders do?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,094 posts | 8521 
      Reply #2079: Nov 29, 2019 12:12:34 am
      OK but then he has to adapt or perhaps he's simply not as good as forwards like Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Aguero, Kane etc who are consistently good year after year irrespective of what defenders do?

Which it could be argued he could be trying to do.

Can I ask you honest question, those players you listed, did they not suffer similar or game flaws other mangers picked up and corrected or they did.

Natural progression of a footballer.

Kane though, knock that sh*t off, hasn't got the tenth of the talent of the other lads in that list and been out scored by Salah!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2080: Nov 29, 2019 09:17:09 am
      Which it could be argued he could be trying to do.

Can I ask you honest question, those players you listed, did they not suffer similar or game flaws other mangers picked up and corrected or they did.

Natural progression of a footballer.

Kane though, knock that sh*t off, hasn't got the tenth of the talent of the other lads in that list and been out scored by Salah!!

Honestly hand on heart I'd rather we had and were playing Kane than Salah, ON CURRENT FORM. Ever since that Ramos tackle Salah simply has not been the same player, sure he shows glimpses now and then and can still score some magical goals but think of how many crap shots he does, how many times he loses the ball is silly dribble attempts or fecks up a simple pass.

As for the other players I would say they have been consistently good for much longer than Salah has. For example how many games can you say Salah has won for us singlehandedly recently, compare that to Suarez who was the MVP game after game after game for several seasons, or Torres or Owen or Fowler or Rush etc.

For me Salah is becoming the new Coutinho, when it clicks he's fantastic but those times are few and far between and in the meantime there is very little contribution or influence on the game.

It honestly pains me to say this, considering how good he was that first season but I'd sell him and get some one else, I think he's now a busted flush so I'd try to get max value while we still can.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,281 posts | 763 
      Reply #2081: Nov 29, 2019 09:29:28 am
      Maybe he needs a break for a couple of games, to recharge his batteries and regain his sharpness. Has looked out of touch lately.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2082: Nov 29, 2019 10:24:30 am
      I think people are making the mistake of judging Salah off the back of that incredible first season when it's safe to say that all the stars seemed to align for him. There's a good chance he won't have another year like that but even still, he is a very good player. He scored over a goal every two games last season and has exactly 1 in 2 this season. Those stats are still incredible and most centre forwards in the world can only dream of such a return. Also worth adding that Salah plays out wide in a 3 and isn't the focal point of the attack (like Kane or Aguero), which makes his numbers even more impressive.

He has looked a bit disjointed at times but so does everyone. I don't think any of our front 3 had a good game on Wednesday, you could also say that Firmino has been off the boil a bit lately (granted he scored the winner against Villa but I was unaware he was even playing during the first half). Salah's biggest problem is that he scored nearly 50 goals in his first season & people have somehow got it into their heads that is his benchmark, when in actual fact he'd never managed to hit 20 in a season before he joined us. A very good player & I think people just need to adjust their expectations
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #2083: Nov 29, 2019 10:37:01 am
      Honestly hand on heart I'd rather we had and were playing Kane than Salah, ON CURRENT FORM. Ever since that Ramos tackle Salah simply has not been the same player, sure he shows glimpses now and then and can still score some magical goals but think of how many crap shots he does, how many times he loses the ball is silly dribble attempts or fecks up a simple pass.

As for the other players I would say they have been consistently good for much longer than Salah has. For example how many games can you say Salah has won for us singlehandedly recently, compare that to Suarez who was the MVP game after game after game for several seasons, or Torres or Owen or Fowler or Rush etc.

For me Salah is becoming the new Coutinho, when it clicks he's fantastic but those times are few and far between and in the meantime there is very little contribution or influence on the game.

It honestly pains me to say this, considering how good he was that first season but I'd sell him and get some one else, I think he's now a busted flush so I'd try to get max value while we still can.

Suarez won us games because he was the shining light in a fairly average side, we were regularly in positions where we needed someone to drag us through. Salah on the other hand is playing in a team which has lost one league game in 18 months so it's pretty impossible to drag a team to a win when the majority of the time they already ARE winning. Although he does have 80 goals and 34 assists in the little over 2 years he's been here, so I'd say he definitely plays a part.

I'm not even going to bother replying to the shout about selling him, I'll just say that your washing machine must be working overdrive due to the amount of times you've pissed the bed
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2084: Nov 29, 2019 11:06:08 am
      Suarez won us games because he was the shining light in a fairly average side, we were regularly in positions where we needed someone to drag us through. Salah on the other hand is playing in a team which has lost one league game in 18 months so it's pretty impossible to drag a team to a win when the majority of the time they already ARE winning. Although he does have 80 goals and 34 assists in the little over 2 years he's been here, so I'd say he definitely plays a part.

I'm not even going to bother replying to the shout about selling him, I'll just say that your washing machine must be working overdrive due to the amount of times you've pissed the bed

;D, that's actually quite funny. Yes I concede that I probably am over reacting a bit to much, but I really am concerned about Mo, perhaps all he needs is a decent rest BUT we have no one to play in his place, even out of form he's a lot better than Origi and Origi is the ONLY other forward we have as Brewster seems to have vanished. I still maintain it was an error not signing a 4th forward in the summer, but hopefully we can get someone in January to bolster our squad, even if its just a stop gap.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,094 posts | 8521 
      Reply #2085: Nov 29, 2019 05:25:38 pm
      Honestly hand on heart I'd rather we had and were playing Kane than Salah, ON CURRENT FORM.

On current form I'd take Jamie Vardy, better striker and player currently than Kane.

Whisper it quietly Vardy's game has excelled under Rodgers.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #2086: Nov 29, 2019 07:50:34 pm
      I think itā€™s fair to suggest that expectations are maybe unreasonable off the back of a fantastic record-breaking first season. I think itā€™s also fair to say that, even in the subsequent seasons, Salah has continued to cement himself as one of the best goal scorers in Europe. As a Liverpool player, he has earned the right to have a bad game or 12.

My concerns are less about the performance levels. As the old cliche goes, ā€œform is temporary, class is permanentā€. To me though (a completely unqualified spectator albeit), he seems a little elsewhere at the moment, maybe lacking confidence Iā€™m not sure. Especially out on that right hand side, Iā€™m seeing less and less of him squaring up his opponent and taking him on. It happens donā€™t get me wrong just not often enough, especially when you consider what ManĆ© has been doing on the other side.

The things is Salah has all the attributes to absolutely tear apart any defence. I mean that little passage of play when he was holding off Koulibaly, I F***ing loved that. Absolutely world class. Scored a goal like that against Genk as well and I remember a few others like that in central positions, particularly the one against Maguire when he was at Leicester. That is his game to me, whereas you look at ManƩ who can turn on a sixpence and has that instant change of pace that allows him to beat players in wide positions.

Anyway as a fan base we probably take him for granted and I know I personally get frustrated at him sometimes but I love the guy and hope he can get his spark back soon.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2087: Nov 29, 2019 08:23:25 pm
      His stats are virtually the same as this stage for his first two seasons. He was crap vs Napoli, as were most of the team for most of the game. Salahā€™s performances are being blown well out of proportion and going over the top. Especially saying would prefer Kane, who by the way plays a completely different role to Salah and has hardly been spectacular so put him in the Salah role and see how he fares.

Seems people are desperate to really pick at the slightest thing with our highest scorer and goal creator of the last 2 and a bit years.

Not forgetting heā€™s been playing with an injury.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2088: Nov 29, 2019 10:38:21 pm
      He will be a big part of our league-winning campaign.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2089: Nov 30, 2019 11:57:02 am
      He will be a big part of our league-winning campaign.

I'm sure he will be, just hope he finds some form again sooner rather than later.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #2090: Nov 30, 2019 12:12:52 pm
      His stats are virtually the same as this stage for his first two seasons. He was crap vs Napoli, as were most of the team for most of the game. Salahā€™s performances are being blown well out of proportion and going over the top. Especially saying would prefer Kane, who by the way plays a completely different role to Salah and has hardly been spectacular so put him in the Salah role and see how he fares.

Seems people are desperate to really pick at the slightest thing with our highest scorer and goal creator of the last 2 and a bit years.

Not forgetting heā€™s been playing with an injury.

Thought that myself, let's sign an old fashioned number 9 to play on the right  :lmao:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,139 posts | 1084 
      Reply #2091: Dec 01, 2019 01:21:02 am
      I wouldn't give a sh*t if we won every game 1-0 with the oppisition scoring an own goal. 3 points is 3 points. So Salah isn't our main man going forward this year. He's still a vital part of the team and like every player in the squad will be relentlessly called upon of were going to win the league
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2092: Dec 01, 2019 10:58:34 am
      I wonder how much this ankle is bothering him. I am sure a hattrick against Everton on Weds will bring his smile back.

Quick Reply