Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 568457 times
      Scotia, stuey, skolRED, Breeding-Reds-In-The-434, PastorGeek, RedWilly, RC9 and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2622: Nov 14, 2020 06:44:43 pm
      Get well soon Mo.
      Hopefully no long term or niggling effects and back very soon.
      Guess we go back to 4-3-3 now :)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #2623: Nov 14, 2020 08:04:40 pm
      Who said anything about boring? Your condescending posts are typical and why everyone is so scared to get back to normal.

Very good chance of losing my job, my livelihood and all my pals businesses going down the drain.

The whole thing is a f**king joke

Scared to get back to normal?

I can't wait to get back to normal roll on 2021 with the vaccine rolled out.

Mate many of us have struggled though this pandemic both financially and emotionally. I've had my struggles too. But we still have to deal with the reality of this pandemic. We either choose to ignore it and party away whilst the hospitals are overrun and the vulnerable die in their millions. Or we adhere to basic restrictive guidelines for a few more months.

I'm personally going to go with the latter but to each their own.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2624: Nov 14, 2020 10:35:06 pm
      That video of him is pretty funny in a dark humour sort of way.

What's covid like over in Egypt? You would think carrying on like that it would be rife yet the UK was the 5th worst last time I read in terms of death rates.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #2625: Nov 15, 2020 12:12:45 am
      That video of him is pretty funny in a dark humour sort of way.

What's covid like over in Egypt? You would think carrying on like that it would be rife yet the UK was the 5th worst last time I read in terms of death rates.
      Yeah but Egypt is a military dictatorship. I doubt they even try to count them even less display the numbers. They got a made up number.

We all know the current count of victims is lower than the real one mainly because lots of nations are led by dictatorships who report fake numbers or don't even bother with keeping count. The ranking, because of that same reason, is also not the real one.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #2626: Nov 15, 2020 10:23:49 am
      According to the Egypt team doctor Salah has mild symptoms now.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2627: Nov 15, 2020 11:38:14 am
      According to the Egypt team doctor Salah has mild symptoms now.

It wont be any issue to him but obviously he will have to quarantine and he will miss a few games I'd guess.

Mane Diogo Firmino for now and Jurgens headache will be over for a little while yet.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2628: Nov 15, 2020 01:45:31 pm
      The reasons for these imposed lockdowns are because a portion of society refuse to be sensible with social distancing.

There are a lot of selfish idiots out there, mostly between the age of 18 and 35, who don't give two fucks about catching Covid or passing it on. This is why we will continue to see drops in cases during lockdowns and spikes after they are lifted, and this pattern will continue until the vulnerable in society are vaccinated.

Honest question, should everyone wear masks every year around this time to prevent the spread of flu, flu also kills a lot of elderly people every year, although for some curious reason almost zero this year.
      The average mortality age due to covid-19 is 82, so all we really need to do is protect the elderly and frail and everyone else can go about their normal business, if you catch this you self isolate for 10 days then back to work, you'd very quickly gain herd immunity and then its no longer an issue, no more waves. The current response of lockdowns is a massive over reaction when the vast majority of the population are at zero risk.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,066 posts | 3434 
      Reply #2629: Nov 15, 2020 02:39:19 pm
      Honest question, should everyone wear masks every year around this time to prevent the spread of flu, flu also kills a lot of elderly people every year, although for some curious reason almost zero this year.
      The average mortality age due to covid-19 is 82, so all we really need to do is protect the elderly and frail and everyone else can go about their normal business, if you catch this you self isolate for 10 days then back to work, you'd very quickly gain herd immunity and then its no longer an issue, no more waves. The current response of lockdowns is a massive over reaction when the vast majority of the population are at zero risk.

A lot of reasons that we are back in lockdown is because of attitudes like yours - it’s quite clear the virus is far more infectious than flu and has had very damaging affects on many families.

When people like you stop looking for excuses and reasons to downplay the current pandemic we might actually start to beat it - until then idiots that think “it doesn’t affect me “ blah blah will continue to ruin for everyone else
      Kopite78
      Reply #2630: Nov 15, 2020 02:44:17 pm

A lot of reasons that we are back in lockdown is because of attitudes like yours - it’s quite clear the virus is far more infectious than flu and has had very damaging affects on many families.

When people like you stop looking for excuses and reasons to downplay the current pandemic we might actually start to beat it - until then idiots that think “it doesn’t affect me “ blah blah will continue to ruin for everyone else

👍
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #2631: Nov 15, 2020 03:24:18 pm

You CANNOT protect the vulnerable without lockdowns due to the high number of MORONS who do not follow the Covid health guidelines. Yes the flu kills many elderly each year but we have a vaccine to help protect them. We do not have one for Covid-19 rolled out yet. Hence the importance of wearing masks. As for herd immunity that's a fantasy. Just look at Sweden who opted to go that route and now their health care system is a complete sh*t show, and guess what, they have introduced tight restrictions just short of a lockdown.
      « Last Edit: Nov 15, 2020 03:30:42 pm by bazspeedman »
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #2632: Nov 15, 2020 04:04:45 pm

Sadly, it is not just the elderly who are at risk. I read yesterday about a 23 yr old about to move in with his girlfriend, no underlying health conditions, he died the day after being admitted to hospital. The truth is the medics still don’t understand why some are effected more than others. There are many more younger people with no underlying health conditions who have passed away. I will continue to try my best to protect my family, myself and my friends and neighbours. None of us can say for certain “ I’m younger, it won’t affect me”
      By the way I’m in the at risk group, I’m not ready to go yet, I’ve got loads more living I want to do.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2633: Nov 15, 2020 05:37:23 pm

How do you know its more infectious than Flu. I'll admit it's slightly more deadly for old people.

Btw what part of me saying we need to protect old and vulnerable people do you think is the problem?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2634: Nov 15, 2020 05:42:11 pm
      You CANNOT protect the vulnerable without lockdowns due to the high number of MORONS who do not follow the Covid health guidelines. Yes the flu kills many elderly each year but we have a vaccine to help protect them. We do not have one for Covid-19 rolled out yet. Hence the importance of wearing masks. As for herd immunity that's a fantasy. Just look at Sweden who opted to go that route and now their health care system is a complete sh*t show, and guess what, they have introduced tight restrictions just short of a lockdown.

Everywhere I go I see people wearing masks and social distancing, who are these morons you refer to? BTW I also wear a mask, that's fine, the lockdown though is pointless, has very little effect apart from destroying the economy.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2635: Nov 15, 2020 05:45:30 pm
      Sadly, it is not just the elderly who are at risk. I read yesterday about a 23 yr old about to move in with his girlfriend, no underlying health conditions, he died the day after being admitted to hospital. The truth is the medics still don’t understand why some are effected more than others. There are many more younger people with no underlying health conditions who have passed away. I will continue to try my best to protect my family, myself and my friends and neighbours. None of us can say for certain “ I’m younger, it won’t affect me”
      By the way I’m in the at risk group, I’m not ready to go yet, I’ve got loads more living I want to do.

One case, one! Statistically very very very few people under 60 have passed away from covid-19 which is why the average age of death is 82.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #2636: Nov 15, 2020 06:14:25 pm
      Everywhere I go I see people wearing masks and social distancing, who are these morons you refer to? BTW I also wear a mask, that's fine, the lockdown though is pointless, has very little effect apart from destroying the economy.

The morons are the ones you don't see outside. The ones having big house parties, visiting multiple different households without social distancing, not distancing at work, not self isolating when returning from outside the country, celebrating club cup wins with the entire team drinking out of the trophy. Make no mistake these clowns exist as I've seen them with my own eyes plastered all over social media!

These are the people who put us in lockdowns. As for the economy, a year from now we will have emerged from this pandemic and the economy will bounce back just fine as they tend to after a crisis situation, so it may be damaged in the short term but it is far from destroyed.

Also I'm not suggesting you are the type to ignore health guidelines, I'm sure you play your part too in staying safe, even if your opinion on how to handle this pandemic differs to mine.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #2637: Nov 15, 2020 07:18:03 pm
      I think if that video of him dancing around is legit then he's a bit of a silly boy and I think the club will have some words.

I understand it's a family occasion but you've got people missing births, weddings and funerals all over the world trying to do their bit.

Anyway, given we've got Jota in form and Shaq to provide to some further depth it's not the worst time for him to do something stupid and catch it. Although it does make Leicester 50x harder.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,658 posts | 1592 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2638: Nov 15, 2020 08:23:25 pm
      And I thought I'd come into the Mo Salah thread  ???

All I can say is we'll miss you Mo and get better soon.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2639: Nov 16, 2020 12:51:59 am
      Get well soon Mo.

Al I can say is I'm terrified of waking up and opening FB evey day now, seems like each day we get something new about one of our lads, that isn't good. Today it was Robbo and his hamstring. F**k it tomorrow, I'm taking a sickie and staying in bed!!!

At least it looks like Mo is in good spirits, with this amazing photo bomb!

CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #2640: Nov 16, 2020 02:24:16 am
      The morons are the ones you don't see outside. The ones having big house parties, visiting multiple different households without social distancing, not distancing at work, not self isolating when returning from outside the country, celebrating club cup wins with the entire team drinking out of the trophy. Make no mistake these clowns exist as I've seen them with my own eyes plastered all over social media!

These are the people who put us in lockdowns. As for the economy, a year from now we will have emerged from this pandemic and the economy will bounce back just fine as they tend to after a crisis situation, so it may be damaged in the short term but it is far from destroyed.

Also I'm not suggesting you are the type to ignore health guidelines, I'm sure you play your part too in staying safe, even if your opinion on how to handle this pandemic differs to mine.

This is such a myopic view. The economy impacts people's livelihood and ability to provide for their families, leading people to alcohol abuse, domestic abuse, child abuse, depression, suicide, or not going for treatment because they are being told if they leave the house they will die. Public health should be more than watching a virus where the mortality rate for younger, non-compromised people is minute and look at the damage we are doing to the mental health of many more.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #2641: Nov 16, 2020 01:47:26 pm
      This is such a myopic view. The economy impacts people's livelihood and ability to provide for their families, leading people to alcohol abuse, domestic abuse, child abuse, depression, suicide, or not going for treatment because they are being told if they leave the house they will die. Public health should be more than watching a virus where the mortality rate for younger, non-compromised people is minute and look at the damage we are doing to the mental health of many more.

And Covid-19 impacts vulnerable people's lives to the point of death from the virus.

We are just fortunate to live in a time that we can get through a global pandemic pretty quickly, the second highly successful vaccine trial just announced.

So it's not a huge ask for people to follow some basic health guidelines to protect the vulnerable for a few more months until they get this rolled out.

Then we can get the economy moving again to help those impacted by that so far.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #2642: Nov 16, 2020 03:18:11 pm

No one has said if they leave the house they will die and I am not aware of any educational or even political message around covid that implies that. If you want a fear and misinformation campaign check out Farage's Brexit. Apart from that though you make a serious point. Lockdown affects some much more severely than others. Much easier to be middle class and have a spacious house with a big garden than cramped up in a council flat with screaming kids on the poverty line. As you say, mental health is a big issue this last year. What's the immediate alternative given that people consistently vote in right wing scum who care nothing for public health investment, housing or disparity of income? Open everything up and tell people to do what they want? That's hundreds of thousands of deaths. What about their relatives and loved ones? How many suicides will that be? How many alcoholics, how many drug addicts, how many in an agony of grief? And what about the complete overwhelming of hospitals, how many more deaths for those suffering accidents, heart disease, cancer who can't get a bed?
      It's interesting to me that those publicly advocating an end to all restrictions are right wing nut jobs who don't give a sh*t about anything except protecting the rich. Not saying that's you or anyone else on here, I'm thinking of Peter Hitchens, Julia Hartley Brewer and Murdoch's talking sh*t radio.
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #2643: Nov 16, 2020 04:47:03 pm
      No one has said if they leave the house they will die and I am not aware of any educational or even political message around covid that implies that. If you want a fear and misinformation campaign check out Farage's Brexit. Apart from that though you make a serious point. Lockdown affects some much more severely than others. Much easier to be middle class and have a spacious house with a big garden than cramped up in a council flat with screaming kids on the poverty line. As you say, mental health is a big issue this last year. What's the immediate alternative given that people consistently vote in right wing scum who care nothing for public health investment, housing or disparity of income? Open everything up and tell people to do what they want? That's hundreds of thousands of deaths. What about their relatives and loved ones? How many suicides will that be? How many alcoholics, how many drug addicts, how many in an agony of grief? And what about the complete overwhelming of hospitals, how many more deaths for those suffering accidents, heart disease, cancer who can't get a bed?
      It's interesting to me that those publicly advocating an end to all restrictions are right wing nut jobs who don't give a sh*t about anything except protecting the rich. Not saying that's you or anyone else on here, I'm thinking of Peter Hitchens, Julia Hartley Brewer and Murdoch's talking sh*t radio.

Fear is everywhere, coming from govt officials and media that is impossible to avoid. Remember those models that we were seeing earlier in the year? One clown had projected 2M deaths in the US (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/world/europe/coronavirus-imperial-college-johnson.html). They keep coming up with massive #s that make no sense. Here's a recent one projecting the # of deaths to double in the next 3.5 months (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/researchers-covid-19-death-toll-could-double-winter-world-war-n1247726) which is obscene considering most of the "low hanging fruit" already died , people's awareness and improved therapeutics. Local governments do the same and i've seen similar outrageous "forecasts" at my state level.

Then there's the "BREAKING NEWS: TOM HANKS HAS COVID", or "BREAKING NEWS: 1 STUDENT TESTS POSITIVE AT LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL". Do you ever see the headlines being about all the people who recovered, which is the absolute vast majority? No, it's always about who got it and who died.

When this is all you see, there's no surprise some people are scared to get treatment for their illnesses. Locally, hospitals have had to lay off entire departments because so many patients stopped going.

All summer long, kids were in summer camps and youth sports and not a word on schools from local government. 1-2 weeks before schools are schedule to open suddenly new studies come out about the risks at school.

How this has been handled has been a disaster and in great part of that is due to the fear being pushed onto people with all those BS models and constant reporting of every case and every death.

The elder and immuno-compromised should be protected and the young and healthy allowed to lead as close to normal lives as possible.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #2644: Nov 16, 2020 05:15:48 pm
      Fear is everywhere, coming from govt officials and media that is impossible to avoid. Remember those models that we were seeing earlier in the year? One clown had projected 2M deaths in the US (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/world/europe/coronavirus-imperial-college-johnson.html). They keep coming up with massive #s that make no sense. Here's a recent one projecting the # of deaths to double in the next 3.5 months (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/researchers-covid-19-death-toll-could-double-winter-world-war-n1247726) which is obscene considering most of the "low hanging fruit" already died , people's awareness and improved therapeutics. Local governments do the same and i've seen similar outrageous "forecasts" at my state level.

Then there's the "BREAKING NEWS: TOM HANKS HAS COVID", or "BREAKING NEWS: 1 STUDENT TESTS POSITIVE AT LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL". Do you ever see the headlines being about all the people who recovered, which is the absolute vast majority? No, it's always about who got it and who died.

When this is all you see, there's no surprise some people are scared to get treatment for their illnesses. Locally, hospitals have had to lay off entire departments because so many patients stopped going.

All summer long, kids were in summer camps and youth sports and not a word on schools from local government. 1-2 weeks before schools are schedule to open suddenly new studies come out about the risks at school.

How this has been handled has been a disaster and in great part of that is due to the fear being pushed onto people with all those BS models and constant reporting of every case and every death.

The elder and immuno-compromised should be protected and the young and healthy allowed to lead as close to normal lives as possible.

Very well put, absolutely bang on

Quick Reply