Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 547008 times
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2645: Nov 16, 2020 05:23:50 pm
      You're in the US? I know very little about media coverage of covid over there. Considering the number of States who remain completely open and general attitudes away from the major coastal cities it seems the fear tactics are not working very well? You have over 250 thousand deaths don't you? Doesn't that appall you? How about Trumps insane daily contradictions? How about injecting bleach? Do you think the problem with the US handling of Covid is that people are irrationally afraid of it?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2646: Nov 16, 2020 06:11:04 pm

The elder and immuno-compromised should be protected and the young and healthy allowed to lead as close to normal lives as possible.

This is a complete catch-22 is it not?

How do you protect the vulnerable while allowing the majority of the population spread the virus like wild fire?

The vulnerable cannot be protected this way until there is a vaccine administered.

I agree the media are OTT with the constant negative news but the statistics can't be ignored, and 1.3 million dead from Covid, 250k in the US alone is shocking enough, but without government restrictions those figures would be much higher.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2647: Nov 16, 2020 06:35:35 pm
      You're in the US? I know very little about media coverage of covid over there. Considering the number of States who remain completely open and general attitudes away from the major coastal cities it seems the fear tactics are not working very well? You have over 250 thousand deaths don't you? Doesn't that appall you? How about Trumps insane daily contradictions? How about injecting bleach? Do you think the problem with the US handling of Covid is that people are irrationally afraid of it?

The # of US deaths does not appall me, no. It is ethnically very diverse, aging demographics, well known to have large population of unhealthy / obese people and high amount of large cities where a virus can spread quickly. Plus, you had governors like NY who at the start of the pandemic sent recovering patients to nursing homes, which we all know are the most vulnerable, killing thousands upon thousands.

As for how states have differed in mandates and results, it is a good example of why restrictions and lockdowns are not this magic bullet people think. The top 4 states with deaths/1M pop are all in the Northeast where restrictions have been some of the hardest in the country. This month, as cases have increased in the US, 8 of the top 10 states with highest # of cases this month are from states with state-wide mask mandates. California, with perhaps the toughest restrictions alongside the Northeast states, is top 3 in # of cases this month. Heck, CA governor even wants you to put your mask up between bites (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gavin-newsom-california-face-mask-restaurant/).

In the summer the state of Georgia was one of the first to reopen and there were cries of "THEY OPENED TOO SOON, MILLIONS ARE GOING TO DIE", and yet they aren't even top 10 in deaths/1M pop. Florida, known for its retirement community (and candidly known in the Norhteast as "God's waiting room" is below GA in deaths/1M.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2648: Nov 16, 2020 07:11:25 pm
      The # of US deaths does not appall me, no. It is ethnically very diverse, aging demographics, well known to have large population of unhealthy / obese people and high amount of large cities where a virus can spread quickly. Plus, you had governors like NY who at the start of the pandemic sent recovering patients to nursing homes, which we all know are the most vulnerable, killing thousands upon thousands.

As for how states have differed in mandates and results, it is a good example of why restrictions and lockdowns are not this magic bullet people think. The top 4 states with deaths/1M pop are all in the Northeast where restrictions have been some of the hardest in the country. This month, as cases have increased in the US, 8 of the top 10 states with highest # of cases this month are from states with state-wide mask mandates. California, with perhaps the toughest restrictions alongside the Northeast states, is top 3 in # of cases this month. Heck, CA governor even wants you to put your mask up between bites (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gavin-newsom-california-face-mask-restaurant/).

In the summer the state of Georgia was one of the first to reopen and there were cries of "THEY OPENED TOO SOON, MILLIONS ARE GOING TO DIE", and yet they aren't even top 10 in deaths/1M pop. Florida, known for its retirement community (and candidly known in the Norhteast as "God's waiting room" is below GA in deaths/1M.

I agree, lockdowns do not make a difference.

Not sure where I read or heard it, but a scientist mentioned that most western countries will end up being the same in terms of impact. It’s the inevitable.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2649: Nov 16, 2020 08:16:35 pm
      Here's something else interesting. Apparently we have beat the flu  :lmao:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2650: Nov 16, 2020 08:40:11 pm
      I agree, lockdowns do not make a difference.

Not sure where I read or heard it, but a scientist mentioned that most western countries will end up being the same in terms of impact. It’s the inevitable.

Yea and a scientist told me pigs will fly one day.

Sure the US only has around 100k new Covid cases a day a lockdown will hardly make a difference there.

It's not like lockdowns have reduced cases in other countries.

Silly concept really.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #2651: Nov 16, 2020 08:52:27 pm
      There's some people you can't help, they just have no judgement. We're going to come out of covid - and soon - but we are not going to come out of climate change without urgent and radical action. If you think there are mad people talking about covid just try debating climate change. Actually don't, it's too sad and depressing. Scientific reality doesn't mean anything to these people.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2652: Nov 16, 2020 09:05:00 pm

Sure the US only has around 100k new Covid cases a day a lockdown will hardly make a difference there.

Silly concept really.

You’re misinterpreting what I’ve said.

Lockdowns delay the inevitable I.e yes it helps slow down the spread for a little while, but we will never have a 0 Covid society, doesn’t work like that.

The impact of lockdowns and restrictions just doesn’t measure up to what we gain in reducing infections.

The impact on businesses, mental health, child abuse, domestic abuse, delayed treatments (especially cancer), reduction in cancer screening and don’t get me started the burden will be on you, me and our children and their children to pay this all back.

Those cu*ts in the government giving contracts to their wives and friends, makes me sick. The whole thing is an absolute sh*t show and peoples lives are being completely destroyed.

It’s like Brexit, you had remainers like me trying to talk to leavers and there was never a middle ground, it’s the same with this conversation - I know you’re never going to agree with me. End of the day, you’re probably sitting on a cushty job, or your mortgage is paid already so it’s not impacting you - but believe me, there are people out there frightened to death about how they are going to pay their bills and put food on the table for their kids. Redundancies rising significantly every month.

My friend opened a barber shop in Spitalfields in the city, worked his arse off to get there, built from scratch and was a dream come true. There is no one in the city, no one is working in the office anymore so he has no footfall at all. He’s closing because he has to pay the lease even during lockdown.

I will never ever support this madness, destroying peoples lives to save others, it’s completely counter productive and I know for a fact we’ll look back at this period and shake our heads with disgust on how it was handled.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2653: Nov 16, 2020 09:23:19 pm

Silly concept really.

Lockdowns don't solve the (covid) problem, they only buy you time, which is why they made sense early on because the health system needed time to catch up. After that, the indirect cost of lockdowns is much greater than the direct benefit of slowing down infection.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #2654: Nov 16, 2020 09:25:25 pm
      You have heard that several vaccines are about to be unleashed? Time is exactly what we needed.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2655: Nov 16, 2020 09:26:08 pm
      There's some people you can't help, they just have no judgement. We're going to come out of covid - and soon - but we are not going to come out of climate change without urgent and radical action. If you think there are mad people talking about covid just try debating climate change. Actually don't, it's too sad and depressing. Scientific reality doesn't mean anything to these people.

This is one of the problems we have. Those who are pro-mask/lockdown/restrictions cannot fathom someone else having a different opinion and those who do are idiots, right wing nut jobs, selfish, etc.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2656: Nov 16, 2020 09:37:09 pm
      This is one of the problems we have. Those who are pro-mask/lockdown/restrictions cannot fathom someone else having a different opinion and those who do are idiots, right wing nut jobs, selfish, etc.

Couldn’t agree more mate
      Kopite78
      Reply #2657: Nov 16, 2020 09:41:56 pm

I dont think anyone is pro mask/lockdowns

I just think some people can understand why the world has decided to do them. And what the state of things likely would have been had they just let it run

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2658: Nov 16, 2020 10:56:20 pm

Why are you talking in extremes?

Who on here said they are pro-lockdown? Just because some feel that lockdowns are necessary to protect the vulnerable, and have very good reason to feel this way, does not mean that they are happy to be in lockdown.

And who is calling anyone a right wing nutjob for disagreeing with such opinions? I don't see that.

You are creating this extreme narrative to diminish the opinions or those you disagree with.
      « Last Edit: Nov 16, 2020 11:10:33 pm by bazspeedman »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2659: Nov 17, 2020 08:11:22 am

There isn’t much difference mate between the two countries, both being run by despots who have no f***in clue what happens in the real world, stateside there is that f***in eejit Trump and imminently the equally idiotic Biden, in YuK, we have bonkers Boris and his inept cabinet scaremongering us to the limit,

We had a huge almost total lockdown earlier this year, during which the wearing of masks was NOT compulsory, we WERE seemingly through the worst but then somebody coughed in Tesco and suddenly we have all to wear masks almost wherever we go and we are back in a fragmented Lockdown once again, so let’s get this right the Gov , who in their own words want to rid the country of this evil killing plague like pandemic, but can’t decide which part of the country is less infected or more infected than other parts,

And here’s the crux, It’s a PANDEMIC, it gets EVERYWHERE, what f***in part of that DON’T they Understand, back in January they knew that a Virus of Pandemic proportions was likely to hit our shores, what do the Gov do, F**k ALL, that’s what, well not until the horse is six f***in fields away by March,

Yet this is the same bunch of inept f***in idiots that  want the confused bewildered public to put their trust in their new COVID measures, F**k OFF Boris you tw*t, this is the same insane fuckwit who has symptoms of Covid because he has come into contact with a carrier, well, wasn’t he wearing a f***in mask, and if not why not, aren’t we All suppose to adhere to social distancing or is that just for the plebs of society, you know, the ones who they like to control and dictate to, and use scaremongering to keep them under control,

Is it as bad as their making out to be, not for me, it’s a virus, slightly worse than the flu, it kills, yes but so does the flu if left untreated, most who die have underlying issues , so have weaker immunity, and those who get it have a survival rate of over 97% if they self isolate and get the required treatment.

I’m not the only one who is fed up with the whole f***in circus, just ask those small business owners what they think of the Gov measures, from pubs to florists to beauty salons and everything in between, ppl losing their livelihoods their jobs their very existence, while Bungling Boris and his insane cabinet think up the next useless plan of inaction.

f***in USELESS WANKERS ! !

Y  N  W  A

Kopite78
      Reply #2660: Nov 17, 2020 08:20:08 am

There isn’t much difference mate between the two countries, both being run by despots who have no f***in clue what happens in the real world, stateside there is that f***in eejit Trump and imminently the equally idiotic Biden, in YuK, we have bonkers Boris and his inept cabinet scaremongering us to the limit,

We had a huge almost total lockdown earlier this year, during which the wearing of masks was NOT compulsory, we WERE seemingly through the worst but then somebody coughed in Tesco and suddenly we have all to wear masks almost wherever we go and we are back in a fragmented Lockdown once again, so let’s get this right the Gov , who in their own words want to rid the country of this evil killing plague like pandemic, but can’t decide which part of the country is less infected or more infected than other parts,

And here’s the crux, It’s a PANDEMIC, it gets EVERYWHERE, what F**kin part of that DON’T they Understand, back in January they knew that a Virus of Pandemic proportions was likely to hit our shores, what do the Gov do, F**k ALL, that’s what, well not until the horse is six f***in fields away by March,

Yet this is the same bunch of inept f***in idiots that  want the confused bewildered public to put their trust in their new COVID measures, F**k OFF Boris you T**t, this is the same insane fuckwit who has symptoms of Covid because he has come into contact with a carrier, well, wasn’t he wearing a f***in mask, and if not why not, aren’t we All suppose to adhere to social distancing or is that just for the plebs of society, you know, the ones who they like to control and dictate to, and use scaremongering to keep them under control,

Is it as bad as their making out to be, not for me, it’s a virus, slightly worse than the flu, it kills, yes but so does the flu if left untreated, most who die have underlying issues , so have weaker immunity, and those who get it have a survival rate of over 97% if they self isolate and get the required treatment.

I’m not the only one who is fed up with the whole f***in circus, just ask those small business owners what they think of the Gov measures, from pubs to florists to beauty salons and everything in between, ppl losing their livelihoods their jobs their very existence, while Bungling Boris and his insane cabinet think up the next useless plan of inaction.

f***in USELESS WANKERS ! !

Y  N  W  A

See I'm in the middle here

I agree about the governments slow for the big part mishandling of the pandemic

However I also dont think we could do nothing and let it run its course, do we really think that the entire world leaders would cripple economy's for something "slightly worse than a cold"
      I just don't see that

As for people moaning that we have to wear masks when out and about for a few months, is it that big a deal if it potentially saves one person's family member?

Look the whole situation is f**king sh*te, and I wouldn't really trust Boris to put his socks on the right way around but I dont and cant fall into the trap that we could have let it run like some say and dont think it wouldn't have become hundreds of times worse

« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2020 11:03:25 am by Kopite78 »
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #2661: Nov 17, 2020 08:59:07 am
      Quote from bazspeedman
      Masks are proven in multiple studies to be effective in reducing the spread of Covid by those who are carrying it by acting as a barrier. But of course they won't prevent one from contracting it. Only social distancing and limiting social contacts to very small numbers, basically the household, can act as a preventative to catching this virus.

If you attend a wedding with a party of 300 almost a year into a global pandemic then there is a very high chance of contracting this virus. People who socialise in these numbers know this. But they simply do not care. Their happiness is more important than the potential risk to their health and those they can further infect.

It's just human nature. For every 10 people who take responsibility in this pandemic there is the 1 who does not want their social life to be inconvenienced so will make a selfish decision to do as they wish against the health guidelines. Hence further lockdowns until a vaccine can be administered worldwide.

The fact that any government can allow parties with numbers up to 300 at a time like this is utterly ludicrous. And to say we can't stop society, or living, the party most go on, before we have a vaccine for a potentially deadly infectious virus is also utterly ludicrous.

You can do 1 of 2 things to cope with the pandemic. You can curl up in a ball for 2-5 years and wish it away, or you can get on with your life as close to normality, as possible.

I don't know, and don't wish to speculate how Muslim wedding ceremonies are held. I'm sure it's very different to a Christian one. That's an argument for another time.

What we do know is that to date 6 Liverpool players who have been locked up in masks for the past 6 months, have tested positive for the bug. Despite the multiple studies and legal requirements, all the maskwearing and guidelines completely failed to protect them from getting the virus. Obviously, like all other players before them, they will make a full recovery.

There are other illnesses out there that are more aggressive, restrictive, and destructive to most people than Coronavirus. But life as we know it, still has to go on. Human beings are not designed to be locked up 24/7, so you will always get people willing to live rather than exist.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2662: Nov 17, 2020 10:50:56 am
      You can do 1 of 2 things to cope with the pandemic. You can curl up in a ball for 2-5 years and wish it away, or you can get on with your life as close to normality, as possible.

I don't know, and don't wish to speculate how Muslim wedding ceremonies are held. I'm sure it's very different to a Christian one. That's an argument for another time.

What we do know is that to date 6 Liverpool players who have been locked up in masks for the past 6 months, have tested positive for the bug. Despite the multiple studies and legal requirements, all the maskwearing and guidelines completely failed to protect them from getting the virus. Obviously, like all other players before them, they will make a full recovery.

There are other illnesses out there that are more aggressive, restrictive, and destructive to most people than Coronavirus. But life as we know it, still has to go on. Human beings are not designed to be locked up 24/7, so you will always get people willing to live rather than exist.

I just cannot subscribe to the bury your head in the sand and get on with it mentality during a global pandemic.

If we all had this attitude our hospitals would be overrun and likely millions more would die from the virus until the vaccines are rolled out.

As for the 6 players who tested positive to date, we have absolutely no idea how careful they were in avoiding contracting the virus, we know for sure that Mo wasn't careful as we have photo evidence. Perhaps these 6 players were simply less vigilant than the 20 plus other players in the squad who haven't contracted the virus.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2663: Nov 17, 2020 11:19:02 am
      Id like to comment on a few post as its covid related but we're on the Mo Salah thread. I know it's easy to diverse at times but is it possible for the covid post to be diverted ? Asking for a friend.  ;D
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #2664: Nov 17, 2020 11:22:23 am
      Another test on Thursday apparently  he can then come home if negative but still won't make Leicester which seems odd if a negative result achieved
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2665: Nov 17, 2020 01:36:41 pm
      Another test on Thursday apparently  he can then come home if negative but still won't make Leicester which seems odd if a negative result achieved

Is there anything about this pandemic and the way it has been handled that DOESN'T seem odd?
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #2666: Nov 17, 2020 01:40:24 pm
      Is there anything about this pandemic and the way it has been handled that DOESN'T seem odd?

Don't confess to be an expert to be honest about it all somethings I agree with somethings I don't just seems odd that a negative test would not allow you to resume activities
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2667: Nov 17, 2020 01:53:17 pm

Not sure but is it standard that Mo would have to self isolate for a few days just because he's returning from another country?

Quick Reply