Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 563750 times
      siavashiva and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2668: Nov 17, 2020 02:18:26 pm
      This is a complete catch-22 is it not?

How do you protect the vulnerable while allowing the majority of the population spread the virus like wild fire?

The vulnerable cannot be protected this way until there is a vaccine administered.

I agree the media are OTT with the constant negative news but the statistics can't be ignored, and 1.3 million dead from Covid, 250k in the US alone is shocking enough, but without government restrictions those figures would be much higher.

Quite easy, you select a group of people to isolate with them, to look after them etc for as long as it takes to achieve herd immunity. Despite stories to the contrary once you have had Covid-19 you are immune, certainly for a year or more. Out of 50 million people who are estimated to have had Covid-19 4, yes 4, have become re--infected and none of them fatally and in at least one of the cases they had pre-existing issues with their immune system.

We have to stop treating this virus as if its some sort of killer disease, for the vast majority of us it is not fatal at all, it is somewhere between a cold and a flu, at worst.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #2669: Nov 17, 2020 02:36:39 pm
      Not sure but is it standard that Mo would have to self isolate for a few days just because he's returning from another country?

Must be that but how long for is the question
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #2670: Nov 17, 2020 03:52:11 pm
      Another test on Thursday apparently  he can then come home if negative but still won't make Leicester which seems odd if a negative result achieved

Think its because there is still a 14 day incubation period from date of contact regardless of whether you have a negative result
      rossyred

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #2671: Nov 17, 2020 05:30:48 pm
      Think its because there is still a 14 day incubation period from date of contact regardless of whether you have a negative result

So should be back for Atlanta then ?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2672: Nov 17, 2020 06:50:01 pm
      Quite easy, you select a group of people to isolate with them, to look after them etc for as long as it takes to achieve herd immunity. Despite stories to the contrary once you have had Covid-19 you are immune, certainly for a year or more. Out of 50 million people who are estimated to have had Covid-19 4, yes 4, have become re--infected and none of them fatally and in at least one of the cases they had pre-existing issues with their immune system.

We have to stop treating this virus as if its some sort of killer disease, for the vast majority of us it is not fatal at all, it is somewhere between a cold and a flu, at worst.

If it's quite easy then why are Sweden's cases rocketing since early October? They went the herd immunity route with the protect the vulnerable protect the economy mantra. They should have herd immunrity now right? But guess what now they have brought in tight restrictions to curb the spike with over 7k cases per day and rising. Their health care system is overwhelmed with the rising number of Covid admissions. So the herd immunity approach does not work.

Just because it may not be a killer disease to you does not justify ignoring the fact it is a killer disease to others.
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #2673: Nov 17, 2020 06:56:33 pm
      If it's quite easy then why are Sweden's cases rocketing since early October? They went the herd immunity route with the protect the vulnerable protect the economy mantra. They should have herd immunrity now right? But guess what now they have brought in tight restrictions to curb the spike with over 7k cases per day and rising. Their health care system is overwhelmed with the rising number of Covid admissions. So the herd immunity approach does not work.

Just because it may not be a killer disease to you does not justify ignoring the fact it is a killer disease to others.

Haven't looked at Sweden in a while. How do their cases/day compare to other western europe countries (adjusted for population)?

I do remember reading an article on them a couple months ago where it was noted that they (Sweden) also did a poor job protecting the most vulnerable (ie. nursing homes).

As i mentioned in previous posts, in the US the top states with most infections this month are mainly those with the strictest measures.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2674: Nov 17, 2020 07:22:55 pm
      Haven't looked at Sweden in a while. How do their cases/day compare to other western europe countries (adjusted for population)?

I do remember reading an article on them a couple months ago where it was noted that they (Sweden) also did a poor job protecting the most vulnerable (ie. nursing homes).

As i mentioned in previous posts, in the US the top states with most infections this month are mainly those with the strictest measures.

Sweden's Covid cases in the last 24hrs are 1863 per 100k population vs it's neighbour Norway's 558 per 100k population. Norway have had much stricter measures to date.

I'm not sure it's possible to go the herd immunity route and also protect nursing homes during a pandemic it's inevitable the virus will get in.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #2675: Nov 17, 2020 08:51:08 pm
      Sweden's Covid cases in the last 24hrs are 1863 per 100k population vs it's neighbour Norway's 558 per 100k population. Norway have had much stricter measures to date.

I'm not sure it's possible to go the herd immunity route and also protect nursing homes during a pandemic it's inevitable the virus will get in.

It’s mad, I live in London and know hardly anyone who’s even had it. The whole thing is a big F***ing joke.

Just roll this magical vaccine out ASAP and let’s get on with life
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2676: Nov 17, 2020 09:00:21 pm
      It’s mad, I live in London and know hardly anyone who’s even had it. The whole thing is a big f**king joke.

It's not a big joke to the 1.35 million dead from it.

But yes get the vaccine rolled out asap. Thank f**k for modern science.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #2677: Nov 17, 2020 09:07:26 pm
      It's not a big joke to the 1.35 million dead from it.

But yes get the vaccine rolled out asap. Thank f**k for modern science.

Oh F**k off with your miserable scaremongering sh*te.

You’re like the most miserable man on this site, you literally bring me down.

Bet you’re the type of guy that snitches on the neighbours for grannies seeing their grandkids.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2678: Nov 17, 2020 10:31:21 pm
      Oh f**k off with your miserable scaremongering sh*te.

You’re like the most miserable man on this site, you literally bring me down.

Bet you’re the type of guy that snitches on the neighbours for grannies seeing their grandkids.

Yea sure whatever.

Keep the head buried in that sand sunshine.  ;)
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #2679: Nov 18, 2020 01:19:16 am
      Yea sure whatever.

Keep the head buried in that sand sunshine.  ;)

Kopite78
      Reply #2680: Nov 18, 2020 02:47:43 pm
      Egyptian FA confirmed hes tested positive again
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2681: Nov 18, 2020 03:18:52 pm
      Egyptian FA confirmed hes tested positive again

Oh well.

Hopefully we get him back in time for Brighton.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #2682: Nov 18, 2020 04:24:02 pm
      It’s mad, I live in London and know hardly anyone who’s even had it. The whole thing is a big F***ing joke.

I was a bit like that in March, bit different now as spoke to a few people who've had it and in the words of one of the arl old school reds in our work who has had it "I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy"
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #2683: Nov 18, 2020 05:02:58 pm
      I was a bit like that in March, bit different now as spoke to a few people who've had it and in the words of one of the arl old school reds in our work who has had it "I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy"

I’m not saying it ain’t nasty
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #2684: Nov 18, 2020 05:39:30 pm
      Ah sh*t

oh well, nothing we can do I just hope we don't get any other injuries before the Leicester game.

get well soon Mo.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2685: Nov 18, 2020 07:27:04 pm
      Missing next 3 games I heard, not sure if thats true.
      Have we ever had a worse run of injuries/absence.
      Back to 4-3-3 hopefully.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2686: Nov 19, 2020 02:28:48 pm
      Missing next 3 games I heard, not sure if thats true.
      Have we ever had a worse run of injuries/absence.
      Back to 4-3-3 hopefully.

Next 3 games?? when was he initially diagnosed, I thought it was just 10 days from then?
      rossyred

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #2687: Nov 19, 2020 08:54:54 pm
      Apparently now flying back tomorrow  ???
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,037 posts | 2091 
      Reply #2688: Nov 20, 2020 12:12:26 am

I can certainly believe that, especially if pneumonia was the cause. By all likelihood I had it here in London at the start of March. Had the symptoms - dry cough, achy muscles, night sweats, tiredness. Cleared up after a few days and it was no worse than a common cold in all honesty. But it's the pneumonia that is the absolute killer/distressing element of this disease but it's certainly not the only flu like virus that can cause that. Thankfully I've not had it this year but I have had double pneumonia when I was 15. I specifically remember it was the morning of Liverpool's World Club Final against Sao Paulo in 2005 when I turned to sh*te. It had descended from a flu like condition I had had for a couple of days before where I was suffering from awful fatigue and achy muscles far worse than anything from what I had earlier this year.

It completely wiped me out - I was choking up rustic coloured mucus from my lungs and literally could not speak for 2 and a half weeks. Heart rate must have been well over a hundred on a consistent basis. I couldn't keep food down, not even yogurt so I was basically living off full fat milk the whole time. The effort of coughing up sh*te from my lungs and being sick also caused my throat to bleed. On top of all that I suffered from episodes of delirium and confusion through lack of sleep (at best I was only getting 2-3 hours of interrupted sleep every night from the week before Christmas until just after New Year's Day.) I remember when I did finally come out of it I was getting 12 hour sleeps in regularly! I could go to the toilet for a piss and what would come out would be heavily concentrated urine (yellower than anything). At the time, it didn't scare me (naivety/ignorance of youth) but when I recount it, it does scare me now. Though I always remember telling my mum how bad I felt. My problem is I don't let on how bad I feel when unwell but I clearly remember telling her 'I really don't feel well'. Those words exactly. Looking back it certainly scares me now. The heart rate, the danger of not processing food and drink properly, confusion, not talking, rapid breathing. All that could easily have led to the danger of sepsis and septic shock and organ failure.

For sure, I would not wish any of that on my own worst enemy.

I got a pneumococcal jab not long after that. Other cases of pneumonia might not be as bad, but for me it's comforting to know that I've had the jab to prevent most viruses out there from causing that. (Ok, I know it doesn't stop me entirely from ever getting pneumonia again but it reduces it). But obviously, the pneumococcal jab doesn't prevent COVID-19 induced pneumonia as COVID-19 obviously didn't exist in 2005! So when it is ready to go, I certainly will be taking that vaccine. There is no other option for me.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,565 posts | 391 
      Reply #2689: Nov 20, 2020 12:20:57 am
      Next 3 games?? when was he initially diagnosed, I thought it was just 10 days from then?

how does anyone know? ronaldo was positive for at least 2 weeks. Dybala for over a month i think....
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6719 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2690: Nov 20, 2020 06:51:25 am
      fuckity fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkk

Quick Reply