Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 565329 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2714: Dec 20, 2020 01:50:46 pm
      Said it before I do think he will be first to go and possibly to one of them clubs with or without that interview just my opinion
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2715: Dec 20, 2020 01:55:21 pm
      Said it before I do think he will be first to go and possibly to one of them clubs with or without that interview just my opinion

If he goes he goes, he owes us nothing. Id hooe we get crazy money which would allow us get in the ideal replacement whoever that is
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #2716: Dec 20, 2020 02:00:59 pm
      If he goes he goes, he owes us nothing. Id hooe we get crazy money which would allow us get in the ideal replacement whoever that is

Just my opinion that's all one last big move 30 now . Maybe we will have an issue like with Gini around length and wage of contract . Like you say if he goes lets just make sure we get big money to replace him if it does happen
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #2717: Dec 20, 2020 02:06:18 pm
      We will be a poorer team without him..

I’d like to see all our front 3 end their careers at Liverpool... that would be nice for a change..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2718: Dec 20, 2020 02:21:48 pm
      Mo wants to break all records at Anfield supposedly means hes off to Barce or Real  :confused-smiley-013:

All these 'stories' are put out by sh*te sources mate such as ESPN.
      They make it up as they go along.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      Reply #2719: Dec 20, 2020 02:24:14 pm

Exactly. Then they turn resting him into droppong him, and him not getting to be captain means he wants off
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2720: Dec 20, 2020 02:26:03 pm
      Bring us the league this year again and swap him with Haaland ;) :P
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #2721: Dec 20, 2020 02:49:28 pm
      His contact runs through 2023 so if he wants to leave for Spain when he’s 31-32 i’m in. Bring in Haaland 🙂.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #2722: Dec 20, 2020 03:13:18 pm
      Bring us the league this year again and swap him with Haaland ;) :P

That's great! mate  :D
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #2723: Dec 20, 2020 03:19:36 pm
      Since Torres then Suarez and the last one Coutinho I definitely never care anymore of players leave. Most important is quality manager, staffs and boards.

ha ha and Spurs 2 down now, thank you BR  :scarf: 

edit again,  it's two haha  :D
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #2724: Dec 20, 2020 03:24:29 pm
      sh*t VAR again :mad:
      Tadders

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #2725: Dec 20, 2020 06:22:27 pm
      Coutinho might have a word with mo that the grass isn’t greener
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #2726: Dec 20, 2020 09:04:28 pm

I’d like to see all our front 3 end their careers at Liverpool... that would be nice for a change..

I agree - if i was part of that front 3, I would stay to become the ultimate legend along with Klopp.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2727: Dec 21, 2020 05:41:41 am
      So is this all about him not smiling after he scored?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2728: Dec 21, 2020 09:44:22 am
      So is this all about him not smiling after he scored?

Remember him doing that A LOT a couple of seasons ago and it came out that he was just trying to be as competitive as possible and stay in the zone. Worked.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2729: Dec 21, 2020 10:29:22 am
      Must admit I think there's some substance to the stories this time around.

As long as he continues to give his all on the pitch that's all we can ask.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 764 
      Reply #2730: Dec 21, 2020 10:35:11 am
      Winning comfortably when Mo came on against Palace, proves no player is bigger than this club !
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2731: Dec 21, 2020 10:49:38 am
      Must admit I think there's some substance to the stories this time around.

As long as he continues to give his all on the pitch that's all we can ask.

Why do you think that this time? Not being smart...
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #2732: Dec 21, 2020 11:49:39 am
      Big storm in a cup. Those rumours are, as usual, based on nothing but the same old guessing and sh*t stirring some journos and people like to do.

''He did not smile when he scored'': I can show you about 25 different instances he didn't smile or celebrate after scoring the past 2 years.

''He was mad at being benched/subbed early'': all the top players I've watched are mad about being subbed early or not playing especially when the game has gone wild and there's 4 goals in it.

He said ''we don't know what the future holds'': basic line that all the players drop when they are being asked about their future. It's the smart thing to do considering a football player's career hinges on so many variables he does not control and you can't just answer those questions by saying something extreme like ''I'm planning on staying here as long as the club wants me'' or ''I'll retire in this f**king kit!!!!''

As far as I know, he said, in the same sentence, that all he is focused on is winning the PL and the CL again with Liverpool.

Oh and by the way. I highly doubt Mane was mad about Salah getting in and scoring 2 goals or the fact that he was subbed out for Salah. Like all top players he was mad about subbed off, that's it. He could've gotten subbed off for any other player from the bench and he would've been just as mad...Top player mentality (as long as it doesn't turn into a feud with the manager). He'll score 2 goals next game, that's it. Add to it that was such an open game and that he no doubt fancied himself another goal or two and you understand the picture you are looking at.

Edit: I'm just always surprised at how this thread about one of the best players to ever play for the club is constantly turned into a negative sh*t show. Wether it's the ''he's not as good as he used to be'' or the ''he's going to Barca'', it's just whiny and negative energy that is 9 times out of 10 not justifiable. I literally opened this thread thinking we were discussing his outrageous curler and that we might have a little debate about which goal was the best out of the bunch, but no, ''he didn't smile after scoring''.
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2020 11:58:38 am by PolarBearRed »
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #2733: Dec 21, 2020 04:17:13 pm

As nice as it would be to see i find that very unlikely. Sometimes players want to hang on too long and well past their prime. We wouldn’t be able to hang onto all 3 of them to be secondary players given their wages.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      Reply #2734: Dec 21, 2020 04:37:24 pm
      Big storm in a cup. Those rumours are, as usual, based on nothing but the same old guessing and sh*t stirring some journos and people like to do.

''He did not smile when he scored'': I can show you about 25 different instances he didn't smile or celebrate after scoring the past 2 years.

''He was mad at being benched/subbed early'': all the top players I've watched are mad about being subbed early or not playing especially when the game has gone wild and there's 4 goals in it.

He said ''we don't know what the future holds'': basic line that all the players drop when they are being asked about their future. It's the smart thing to do considering a football player's career hinges on so many variables he does not control and you can't just answer those questions by saying something extreme like ''I'm planning on staying here as long as the club wants me'' or ''I'll retire in this f**king kit!!!!''

As far as I know, he said, in the same sentence, that all he is focused on is winning the PL and the CL again with Liverpool.

Oh and by the way. I highly doubt Mane was mad about Salah getting in and scoring 2 goals or the fact that he was subbed out for Salah. Like all top players he was mad about subbed off, that's it. He could've gotten subbed off for any other player from the bench and he would've been just as mad...Top player mentality (as long as it doesn't turn into a feud with the manager). He'll score 2 goals next game, that's it. Add to it that was such an open game and that he no doubt fancied himself another goal or two and you understand the picture you are looking at.

Edit: I'm just always surprised at how this thread about one of the best players to ever play for the club is constantly turned into a negative sh*t show. Wether it's the ''he's not as good as he used to be'' or the ''he's going to Barca'', it's just whiny and negative energy that is 9 times out of 10 not justifiable. I literally opened this thread thinking we were discussing his outrageous curler and that we might have a little debate about which goal was the best out of the bunch, but no, ''he didn't smile after scoring''.

I smiled when he scored if thats any help?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #2735: Dec 21, 2020 05:11:14 pm

This is a legit story, Mo gave an interview to AS and answered questions on the subject of Madrid/Barca. This is unusual in that he rarely ever gives direct 1 on 1 interviews in any media. Whether or not it's a deliberate plan on the part of his agent to shop Salah to Barca/Madrid, or strengthen their hand in contract negotiations with us, who knows. What is clear is that his future beyond the current contract (and next summer, if we don't want to lose him on a free) is in doubt, and nothing is certain.

AS: Let's speak a little about some Spanish clubs that you are always being linked with, namely Real Madrid and Barcelona. I was wondering if you would rule out playing for either of them.

Salah: I think Madrid and Barcelona are top clubs... We never know what is going to happen in the future, but right now I'm focused on winning the Premier League and the Champions League again with my club.

AS: How much longer do you see yourself playing for Liverpool?

Salah: [Laughs] That's a tough one, but right now I can say that everything is in the club's hands. Of course I want to break records here and, I repeat, every record in the club, but everything's in the hands of the club.

AS: Regarding the Champions League, we didn't mention about the last game where you were meant to be the captain, but in the end another player was chosen. How did you take it?

Salah: Honestly, I was very disappointed. I was expecting to be the captain... but it's a manager's decision, so I accept it.

So he would like to break ALL records with us, but also is not ruling out playing for Madrid/Barca. There does also seem to be some genuine upset that he wasn't picked as captain in the CL.

I'd read more into these kinds of comments than anything that happens during a game. Mo or Sadio getting annoyed at being subbed is absolutely fine by me.

Whatever happens I trust the club to offer him a contract if we want to, or identify a replacement if it's time to move on.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #2736: Dec 21, 2020 05:52:10 pm
      Sell him in the summer for around 180 mil, then buy Sancho and Haaland with that money and we're set.

Quick Reply