Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 562914 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,610 posts | 3915 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2829: Jan 02, 2021 09:13:31 pm
      https://one-versus-one.com/en/compare-players/Mohamed-Salah-vs-Kylian-Mbappe

According to these stats he is the 2nd best forward in Europe for those that don't appreciate some of the mesmerizing talent we have in our team.   And Salah is one of them.  So is Mane just a little out of tune at this very moment but still a monster.

He’s incredible
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6708 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2830: Jan 02, 2021 10:16:27 pm
      He's a ripper and he's gonna put a hatty past Southampton to kick start 2021 for us and him!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #2831: Jan 03, 2021 04:43:41 pm
      Still find it bizarre how underrated he is, especially among some of our own, as he is literally one of the best forwards in the World over the last few seasons.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2832: Jan 03, 2021 04:54:58 pm
      Still find it bizarre how underrated he is, especially among some of our own, as he is literally one of the best forwards in the World over the last few seasons.

I think it’s down to some of the chances he gets & fails to convert & his final
      Pass to a player in a better scoring position...

I think part of the selfishness comes from the incentives inserted in his contract...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2779 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2833: Jan 03, 2021 05:04:08 pm

Dont think hes underrated. I do think, despite him being top scorer, thats hes below his best, which is scary.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2834: Jan 03, 2021 05:40:50 pm

I honestly get baffled with some of the criticism not all.  Obviously as fans we have been spoilt and we think if he had scored that chance and if he did this or that.   But some people just go too far.
      It makes me think how some will react when he does actually start to under perform.   Because right now:

SHORT TERM:    This season over 3 months   top scorer in the league.
      MEDIUM TERM:  Over the whole calendar year 2020 -  Top scorer.
      LONG TERM:      Over 3.5 season -  top scorer in the league.

SHORT TERM + MEDIUM TERM + LONG TERM =  Club legend!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 858 
      Reply #2835: Jan 03, 2021 06:49:00 pm
      I honestly get baffled with some of the criticism not all.  Obviously as fans we have been spoilt and we think if he had scored that chance and if he did this or that.   But some people just go too far.
      It makes me think how some will react when he does actually start to under perform.
         Because right now:

SHORT TERM:    This season over 3 months   top scorer in the league.
      MEDIUM TERM:  Over the whole calendar year 2020 -  Top scorer.
      LONG TERM:      Over 3.5 season -  top scorer in the league.

SHORT TERM + MEDIUM TERM + LONG TERM =  Club legend!
      I agree with you. I know this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion but some of the posts in this thread (in combination with some in the transfer one) sound like high school kids planning their FIFA career mode on their Playstations or something. Just a general lack of a sense of realism coupled with a childish way of approaching things.

Apart from what a lot of people already pointed out about the quality of the player in question, the talks about us getting rid of him are, like I said above, FIFA-esque. Paraphrasing here but we are basically going to ship him out to broke RM or Barca for 180M (or whatever) and then we are going to go on a shopping spree that involves Halaand and Mbappe and then we are going to sell Origi (for some extra funds, you know), turn around and buy Depay and Grealish (for some extra depth on the bench, you know)
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2836: Jan 03, 2021 09:45:41 pm
      I'd be gutted if he left. The Guy is a Superstar and he's our Superstar. He may run into dead ends quite a lot but I f**king love him and you just know he could go on a goal scoring rampage at any time. Truly World Class for me and I don't want to see him go anywhere!

This, all day long, he's absolutely sublime and we would be a much poorer team without him.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2837: Jan 04, 2021 06:25:24 am
      I agree with you. I know this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion but some of the posts in this thread (in combination with some in the transfer one) sound like high school kids planning their FIFA career mode on their Playstations or something. Just a general lack of a sense of realism coupled with a childish way of approaching things.

Apart from what a lot of people already pointed out about the quality of the player in question, the talks about us getting rid of him are, like I said above, FIFA-esque. Paraphrasing here but we are basically going to ship him out to broke RM or Barca for 180M (or whatever) and then we are going to go on a shopping spree that involves Halaand and Mbappe and then we are going to sell Origi (for some extra funds, you know), turn around and buy Depay and Grealish (for some extra depth on the bench, you know)

Football Manager as a game is built around transfer windows. Every window you are faced with players wanting to leave and opportunities to buy new players. The transfers are relatively easy to complete and players just staying at a club are few and far between.

But it's also easy to win so a lot of people decide they know what it takes to be a successful manager. This informs a certain amount of traffic on these boards,I'm convinced.
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #2838: Jan 04, 2021 01:56:24 pm

brilliantly stated
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #2839: Jan 04, 2021 03:53:53 pm
      Football Manager as a game is built around transfer windows. Every window you are faced with players wanting to leave and opportunities to buy new players. The transfers are relatively easy to complete and players just staying at a club are few and far between.

But it's also easy to win so a lot of people decide they know what it takes to be a successful manager. This informs a certain amount of traffic on these boards,I'm convinced.

Going off topic. This is why a few of us think our decisions are more superior than Jürgen Klopp at times.

Mo’s match stats are dwindling? Bench. One Last chance in his next match to score. Still doesn’t score? Fine. Ship out. Go shopping. Buy a Kylian. Never mind the price. Pay whatever it takes. That’s how you win titles! Classic desktop football management. :lmao:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2779 
      Reply #2840: Jan 04, 2021 05:49:50 pm
      Fancy a goal or 2 from him tonight
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2841: Jan 04, 2021 06:05:25 pm
      He is sh*te.. sell him
      Off.. 😂
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #2842: Jan 04, 2021 10:02:37 pm
      Been too F***ing sh*te after his supposed interview.

Need to give his own head a wobble. Pathetic stuff.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,867 posts | 165 
      Reply #2843: Jan 04, 2021 10:13:16 pm
      Been in a strop  since the armband palaver, needs to wake the F**k up.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2779 
      Reply #2844: Jan 04, 2021 10:15:13 pm
      If the last 2 posts are right, then he needs to be dropped, dont give a sh*te what hes done previous
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,904 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2845: Jan 04, 2021 10:16:41 pm
      Think he needs a run through the middle of the front three to pick up his confidence.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #2846: Jan 04, 2021 10:20:08 pm
      If the last 2 posts are right, then he needs to be dropped, dont give a sh*te what hes done previous

I might have my timing wrong, but i thought the interview where he whined about the captaincy was before the Palace game where he scored 2 goals?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6708 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2847: Jan 04, 2021 10:21:17 pm
      Gets F***ing strangled nothing, Thiago touches that c**t, free kick goal...F**k sake.

Pretty sure that’s now 4 of his last shots on target have all missed when he normally would bury them. 3 of them would have won us the game and today’s would have gotten us a point!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,152 posts | 1090 
      Reply #2848: Jan 05, 2021 04:56:00 am
      I might have my timing wrong, but i thought the interview where he whined about the captaincy was before the Palace game where he scored 2 goals?

Pretty sure your right
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Reply #2849: Jan 05, 2021 08:25:37 am
      Going off topic. This is why a few of us think our decisions are more superior than Jürgen Klopp at times.

ha ha I and puppies of my old dog know Klopp is million times better than me manage a football team but I would definitely never play Jota in Denmark  :couch:

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2779 
      Reply #2850: Jan 05, 2021 08:46:40 am
      Gets f**king strangled nothing, Thiago touches that c**t, free kick goal...f**k sake.

Pretty sure that’s now 4 of his last shots on target have all missed when he normally would bury them. 3 of them would have won us the game and today’s would have gotten us a point!

That was bizzare, linesman had ringside seats for it
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2851: Jan 05, 2021 08:59:30 am
      That was bizzare, linesman had ringside seats for it

True, ref was crap, but we still only had one scuffed shot on goal against a reserve goalkeeper, pathetic attacking from all three, especially Mo and Bobby.

Quick Reply