Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546427 times
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2875: Jan 19, 2021 06:48:24 pm
      So Salah vs Burnley, been poor the last few matches.
      In saying that, he's had a short barren spells before, where not played well, then gone and grabbed a couple of goals to put questioners back in their place.
      If making changes to front 3 think it might be Bob, but JĆ¼rgen can be unpredictable.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2876: Jan 19, 2021 11:44:43 pm
      So Salah vs Burnley, been poor the last few matches.
      In saying that, he's had a short barren spells before, where not played well, then gone and grabbed a couple of goals to put questioners back in their place.
      If making changes to front 3 think it might be Bob, but JĆ¼rgen can be unpredictable.

And if changes are made, will it be for off form players, resting players, rotation, saving players for the cup game, or will the cup game be a weakened side with no hope of winning 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      And if we fail to win both or either, who will we blame ?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2877: Jan 21, 2021 10:06:14 pm
      Another sh*t, disappointment performance. Gets the ball in the box, couple of dance moves, and cuts to the left....every....single. ...time. 

Gini sets the ball up for him....on a plate....and makes a weak shot easily saved by Pope.

He did make a great pass to Mane who hit it out of the stadium.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2878: Jan 21, 2021 10:08:12 pm
      I want to see a run of games with him through the middle, always able to make intelligent runs, might offer something a bit different than being out on the right.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2879: Jan 21, 2021 10:27:22 pm
      I want to see a run of games with him through the middle, always able to make intelligent runs, might offer something a bit different than being out on the right.

I was calling for this for this game as well.

For me when he came on at least he seemed to try and create something and provided a bit of movement.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2880: Jan 22, 2021 09:28:20 am

If Mo had started instead of Origi we would have won last night, its as simple as that, I simply cannot fathom what Klopp was thinking with that, the game last night was NOT the game to start messing about. It was a must win game in terms of the title race and we blew it. Also starting Ox and Trent were huge mistakes, neither player deserves a start at the moment.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #2881: Jan 24, 2021 01:54:55 pm
      If Mo had started instead of Origi we would have won last night, its as simple as that, I simply cannot fathom what Klopp was thinking with that, the game last night was NOT the game to start messing about. It was a must win game in terms of the title race and we blew it. Also starting Ox and Trent were huge mistakes, neither player deserves a start at the moment.
      Truth is that a lot of people don't know what they are talking about and whine with the benefit of hindsight. Had he started Mo and Bobby and we had still lost, some people (including a lot of those currently saying he should've started them) would be here saying things along the lines of: ''What did he expect starting the same front three? It hasn't been working for the past 5 games, was it supposed to magically click into place? He's paid millions and can't even make proper changes when things don't work out, blah blah blah''

Bottom line is that this slump we're in is a team affair. Apart from Alisson, Robbo, and Fabinho, everybody has been sh*t. Some are getting an easier ride (Mane comes to mind) and some are getting most of the blame (TAA, Mo and Bobby come to mind) but the fact is still that this is a team problem paired with our inability to deal with tactical problems VVD's prolonged absence brings.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2882: Jan 24, 2021 02:42:42 pm

To have him through the middle you need to change your formation to 4-2-3-1, and Iā€™m not sure right now is the time to change to a formation that so far hasnā€™t really worked well for us recently.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2883: Jan 24, 2021 02:44:23 pm
      I expect he starts today and really need him back to scoring. Weā€™ve been carrying him for a month and thatā€™s more than enough.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2884: Jan 24, 2021 02:50:59 pm

How can someone be so wrong about so many things. You must do it on purpose?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2885: Jan 24, 2021 04:12:06 pm
      To have him through the middle you need to change your formation to 4-2-3-1, and Iā€™m not sure right now is the time to change to a formation that so far hasnā€™t really worked well for us recently.

Our current system isn't doing much for us right now either.

Don't see why we couldn't have Mane on the left, Salah through the middle and Shaq out right.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2886: Jan 24, 2021 11:10:17 pm
      2 goals today, hope this is the kick start Mo and the rest of the lads needed. We didn't win but it felt nice scoring again!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2887: Jan 26, 2021 09:28:25 am
      Quote from heimdall on Jan 22, 2021 09:28:20 am

How can someone be so wrong about so many things. You must do it on purpose?

Sorry but what was I wrong about? You rate Origi as better than Mo or that Ox had a great game, how about Trent? BTW this is the game against Burnley I'm referring to although in Trent's case it could be almost any game in the last month.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2888: Jan 26, 2021 04:47:27 pm
      Exactly.

And this is where a top striker like a Kane would make a difference who can score goals from very limited chances.

Our forwards are not natural goal scorers, especially Bobby, so they need a multitude of chances created each game to score.

A top striker would allow us to play deeper should we need to while also putting away some of the limited chances.

Crazy that for a not a natural goalscorer he's beaten Kane to the golden boot several times.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #2889: Jan 26, 2021 09:55:49 pm
      Crazy that for a not a natural goalscorer he's beaten Kane to the golden boot several times.

Without claiming goals that's gone in off his arse or penalties most seasons

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #2890: Jan 27, 2021 02:45:25 pm
      Despite our abysmal form in the last 5 or 6 games, the man is still top scorer of the team and the league. Tells you how good he is despite some (and I emphasize the ''some'') of the illogical criticism he receives as soon as something is wrong with the team.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2891: Jan 31, 2021 08:01:01 pm
      Mo is magic pure magic.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #2892: Jan 31, 2021 08:18:06 pm
      I like his first goal better. Sorry Shaq  >:D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2893: Jan 31, 2021 09:28:41 pm
      Thought he was isolated for most of the first half due to not having Bobby in there to interplay with but the second half he seemed to take matters into his own hands. Thatā€™s why no matter how long itā€™s been since he scored or whether heā€™s in a ā€œdryā€ patch, he has to be in the game no matter what, just like Mane and Bobby for me.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2894: Jan 31, 2021 10:35:50 pm
      Despite our abysmal form in the last 5 or 6 games, the man is still top scorer of the team and the league. Tells you how good he is despite some (and I emphasize the ''some'') of the illogical criticism he receives as soon as something is wrong with the team.

He received nowhere near the criticism he deserved. He had gone 6 games without scoring and itā€™s no coincidence that we struggled to score as a team going 4 games without a goal. The offense is centered around him more than anyone else on the team so if heā€™s not scoring heā€™s not pulling his weight on the team.

He started to come to life again against Utd in FA cup and it carried against Spurs and continued today, and itā€™s no coincidence that weā€™re much more of an attacking threat again and scoring goals.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2895: Jan 31, 2021 10:43:16 pm
      He received nowhere near the criticism he deserved. He had gone 6 games without scoring and itā€™s no coincidence that we struggled to score as a team going 4 games without a goal. The offense is centered around him more than anyone else on the team so if heā€™s not scoring heā€™s not pulling his weight on the team.

He started to come to life again against Utd in FA cup and it carried against Spurs and continued today, and itā€™s no coincidence that weā€™re much more of an attacking threat again and scoring goals.

The whole team was sh*te, youā€™re too hard on one of our greatest ever players
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2896: Jan 31, 2021 10:53:16 pm

Continued today!?!? Did you see the goals?? Is that back=handed compliment the best you can do? How many players in world football could have pulled of that touch and finish for the 2nd goal? INCREDIBLE technique. How frickin lucky we are to have him.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2897: Jan 31, 2021 10:55:14 pm
      Remember that goal Suarez scored against Newcastle afew years back when he plucked the ball out of the sky, 2nd youch around the keeper and then rolled it in? That was possibly better from Mo today. I can't give it a better compliment than that.

Quick Reply