Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 560360 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #3266: Oct 11, 2021 05:13:23 am
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3267: Oct 16, 2021 02:54:51 pm
      Pay him up…
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3268: Oct 16, 2021 02:57:07 pm
      Even if we have a tight budget thing, surely he’s an exception, literally the best in the world right now and deserves to be paid for it.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,244 posts | 1652 
      Reply #3269: Oct 16, 2021 03:13:15 pm
      Only a matter of time before its announced
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #3270: Oct 16, 2021 03:22:55 pm
      Pay him what he wants, nay deserves.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 850 
      Reply #3271: Oct 16, 2021 03:49:36 pm
      Mo just said F**k it and decided to run his own ''goal of the season'' competition
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3272: Oct 16, 2021 04:03:26 pm
      One footed one season wonder
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #3273: Oct 16, 2021 05:10:21 pm

Who got lucky against city and was lucky to be lucky again against Watford. He’s been lucky for many seasons now. I know he’ll continue being lucky for a few more seasons.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3274: Oct 16, 2021 06:06:23 pm
      Currently the best player in the world on present form. Now where are those fans that wanted rid  ;D
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3275: Oct 16, 2021 08:10:12 pm
      Another goal from the top drawer. And brilliant pass for Sadio.
      Just looks to be enjoying himself and playing out of his skin :)
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #3276: Oct 16, 2021 08:18:36 pm
      This man just seems to be getting better and better as the weeks go by, quite amazing actually, his talents are second to none and how he manages to dance and twist his way around defenders is a joy to behold...he'd be great on Strictly Come Dancing when he hangs his footy boots up  ;D ;D

Absolutely adore and love him to bits, and how lucky are we to have him in our side, he really is priceless and absolutely right at the top of his game, there really is no one better around at the moment.  :kop5cf8koxp6: just superb.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #3277: Oct 16, 2021 08:50:38 pm
      This man just seems to be getting better and better as the weeks go by, quite amazing actually, his talents are second to none and how he manages to dance and twist his way around defenders is a joy to behold...he'd be great on Strictly Come Dancing when he hangs his footy boots up  ;D ;D

Absolutely adore and love him to bits, and how lucky are we to have him in our side, he really is priceless and absolutely right at the top of his game, there really is no one better around at the moment.  :kop5cf8koxp6: just superb.

Well said - we are so lucky to have the best player and manager in the world at Liverpool
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3278: Oct 16, 2021 11:01:50 pm
      Scary
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #3279: Oct 16, 2021 11:51:47 pm
      Jimsouse67

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #3280: Oct 17, 2021 08:12:42 am
      Not even Fred Astaire & ginger Rogers could pull of moves like our mo.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #3281: Oct 17, 2021 09:42:57 am
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #3282: Oct 17, 2021 11:14:45 am
      Agent is in town apparently. I'd love to think that will be to seal a new contract.

However the cynical side of me says fsg won't pay the money. They will be happy to let his contract run on his current wages  for the next 18 months and find the 'next salah' . Think how much they will save over the next 18 months if they keep him on his current wages.

Once they break their wage structure for salah it opens the floodgates and they won't do it.

Common sense tells you that he should have been first on the list to renew with having less than 2 years left plus the fact he is our standout player and in the top 2/3 players in the world.. Yet they renewed players with longer left on their deals first. That tells its own story to me.

Salah has kept quiet and given the club pkenty of opportunity to sort it out. I'm concerned I have to say.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #3283: Oct 17, 2021 11:32:16 am
      Agent is in town apparently. I'd love to think that will be to seal a new contract.

However the cynical side of me says fsg won't pay the money. They will be happy to let his contract run on his current wages  for the next 18 months and find the 'next salah' . Think how much they will save over the next 18 months if they keep him on his current wages.

Once they break their wage structure for salah it opens the floodgates and they won't do it.

Common sense tells you that he should have been first on the list to renew with having less than 2 years left plus the fact he is our standout player and in the top 2/3 players in the world.. Yet they renewed players with longer left on their deals first. That tells its own story to me.

Salah has kept quiet and given the club pkenty of opportunity to sort it out. I'm concerned I have to say.

The way i see it is that world class players, want to be paid as World class players.

Just think about our office jobs, if i am working more, getting more results then my colleagues. A head hunter company try to recruit me, and tells me that my talents will get higher salary in other companies then i want my current employer to match that sum.

Not the perfect example, but i think the core is relevant. He is clearly the best player in the league, but he isnt being paid as one? I am not saying that pay him alot more, but something in a close range with high performers at other English clubs.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3284: Oct 17, 2021 11:50:18 am
      Im sure the Contract will happen and be announced soon, and he will be the highest paid player at the club. He deserves it no doubt.

Seen a rumour of 300k a week yesterday. Quite a big Jump from Big virg, I expected 250k + bonuses and a release clause.

But we shall see.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3285: Oct 17, 2021 11:53:41 am

Whilst you have a point about FSG I think your panicking to much. Think you'll get him to sign for 250/300k
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #3286: Oct 17, 2021 01:10:00 pm
      The King is the King.......God is God.....but now we really do have a Pharoah who belongs in that company.......

The best player in the world. Bar none.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #3287: Oct 17, 2021 02:54:52 pm
      The way i see it is that world class players, want to be paid as World class players.

Just think about our office jobs, if i am working more, getting more results then my colleagues. A head hunter company try to recruit me, and tells me that my talents will get higher salary in other companies then i want my current employer to match that sum.

Not the perfect example, but i think the core is relevant. He is clearly the best player in the league, but he isnt being paid as one? I am not saying that pay him alot more, but something in a close range with high performers at other English clubs.

It’s a very good example. Everything has a price.

Right now, it’s either we pay him the market rate for a new contract or we offload him at a world class market rate. In any case, he’d be pegged to world class rates - in resale value or wages.

It’s likely the club will reel him in on a long term contract for whatever he wants and slap a release clause (maybe a £150-180m?) which they’ll effect with potential buyers (like PSG or Newcastle) soon before this new contract devalues. The club can’t win financially all the time, but doing this (losing a year of his high wages) ensures that they win a lot financially on his new contract. This is some bad ass way to make money on his contract. Even for non financially trained people, you can see that it’s such a bad ass financial structure. The club is going to win in this.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #3288: Oct 17, 2021 02:55:54 pm

Still think it's nailed on he signs. The fallout from him leaving on a free or next summer would be too great for FSG to handle.

Quick Reply