Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 560428 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #3289: Oct 17, 2021 03:58:21 pm
      Still think it's nailed on he signs. The fallout from him leaving on a free or next summer would be too great for FSG to handle.

I hope so mate. Fingers crossed. Mo obviously wants to stay and hopefully that will be how it plays out. Sooner its sorted the better.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3290: Oct 17, 2021 04:09:50 pm
      Still think it's nailed on he signs. The fallout from him leaving on a free or next summer would be too great for FSG to handle.

If he did go on a free its the summer after I think 2023.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #3291: Oct 17, 2021 04:11:04 pm
      Agent is in town apparently. I'd love to think that will be to seal a new contract.

However the cynical side of me says fsg won't pay the money. They will be happy to let his contract run on his current wages  for the next 18 months and find the 'next salah' . Think how much they will save over the next 18 months if they keep him on his current wages.

Once they break their wage structure for salah it opens the floodgates and they won't do it.

Common sense tells you that he should have been first on the list to renew with having less than 2 years left plus the fact he is our standout player and in the top 2/3 players in the world.. Yet they renewed players with longer left on their deals first. That tells its own story to me.

Salah has kept quiet and given the club pkenty of opportunity to sort it out. I'm concerned I have to say.

;D what a drama queen.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #3292: Oct 17, 2021 04:12:17 pm
      If he did go on a free its the summer after I think 2023.

That’s my understanding as well. Contract expires in 2023.
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #3293: Oct 17, 2021 06:42:53 pm
      Whilst you have a point about FSG I think your panicking to much. Think you'll get him to sign for 250/300k

This.

The media speculation of £500k demands etc won't happen and shouldn't happen.

What is more money to a player who has more money? I believe our players understand our pay structure, and that it represents fairness. Absolutely make him the highest earner, but not at a ludicrous increased amount. He's enjoying his football with the best Manager at the best Club. Does he want to be a Messi and drop everything for more money at a pathetic rich club? Look at Mane as an example. Down to earth, recognises his riches, and genuinely strives for good. Salah will be the same. Money is not everything, these guys already have shed loads.

500k, and then what next for the rest of the squad? 250/300k is more reasonable and won't be exceeded.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #3294: Oct 17, 2021 08:53:22 pm
      Good grief, get the freaking contract sorted. No reason for it to be drug out like this.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #3295: Oct 17, 2021 08:59:09 pm
      Mo handing an award out on tonight's Earthshot...the man is everywhere  :D :D even handing it over to a Liverpool fan, awesome.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3296: Oct 17, 2021 10:00:14 pm
      The King is the King.......God is God.....but now we really do have a Pharoah who belongs in that company.......

The best player in the world. Bar none.

That's tattoo worthy mate!  :D

I texted Crouchie straight after the game and said I have to see Mo running down the wing live!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #3297: Oct 17, 2021 11:33:45 pm
      Agent is in town apparently. I'd love to think that will be to seal a new contract.

However the cynical side of me says fsg won't pay the money. They will be happy to let his contract run on his current wages  for the next 18 months and find the 'next salah' . Think how much they will save over the next 18 months if they keep him on his current wages.

Once they break their wage structure for salah it opens the floodgates and they won't do it.

Common sense tells you that he should have been first on the list to renew with having less than 2 years left plus the fact he is our standout player and in the top 2/3 players in the world.. Yet they renewed players with longer left on their deals first. That tells its own story to me.

Salah has kept quiet and given the club pkenty of opportunity to sort it out. I'm concerned I have to say.

Just can't see that scenario playing out. Imagine Anfield for his final year with the supporters knowing that the club are allowing him to run his contract down. It would be carnage. They'll either have to sell him in the summer or get a new deal sorted. I very much think it'll be the latter. FSG have made some almighty cock-ups since they've been here, the vast majority, they've been able to amend and go back on. Unfortunately for them, there's no going back when you sell Mo Salah. They'll either have to offer him what he wants or face a a full blown mutiny
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #3298: Oct 18, 2021 03:40:16 am

Can only imagine the 'drama' you will cause if he walks out for free or is sold

But yeah whatever lad

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3299: Oct 18, 2021 08:56:18 am
      See even if salah did go for a free in the summer of the year 2023, by fuk we cant complain, he will have given the club 7 years of his life. Not many players stay at a club for that long these days.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #3300: Oct 18, 2021 01:22:58 pm
      This is Luis Suarez all over again. Sign a new contract to bump up the player's value before selling him off for a ton of money.

If you still cannot see it, then nobody can help you. The deal will deffo be done.

I don't understand why some of us are worrying. There's a pile of money waiting for FSG to bank when they sell him. How people think FSG would not sign him puzzles me. If the deal doesn't get done, how dumb is FSG. Just ask yourself and answer yourself. We all know the outcome. This is a done deal.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #3301: Oct 18, 2021 01:53:03 pm
      See even if salah did go for a free in the summer of the year 2023, by fuk we cant complain, he will have given the club 7 years of his life. Not many players stay at a club for that long these days.

and he'll be 31 at that time. Good luck finding a team to give him 400-500K a week at that age.

It's in both parties best interest to get an extension done, and there's plenty of time for that to happen.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3302: Oct 18, 2021 01:54:49 pm
      and he'll be 31 at that time. Good luck finding a team to give him 400-500K a week at that age.

It's in both parties best interest to get an extension done, and there's plenty of time for that to happen.

At 31 Salah will be at his peak, don’t be so dismissive of his value.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3303: Oct 18, 2021 01:59:45 pm

Dont disagree, just saying 7 years wont be a bad return, if it were to go down that road.

Actually leaving on a free for possibly last big contract aint a bad thing for players at all levels.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #3304: Oct 18, 2021 04:20:59 pm
      Just can't see that scenario playing out. Imagine Anfield for his final year with the supporters knowing that the club are allowing him to run his contract down. It would be carnage. They'll either have to sell him in the summer or get a new deal sorted. I very much think it'll be the latter. FSG have made some almighty cock-ups since they've been here, the vast majority, they've been able to amend and go back on. Unfortunately for them, there's no going back when you sell Mo Salah. They'll either have to offer him what he wants or face a a full blown mutiny

His agent is apparently prepared to demand a superstar’s salary for his employer!
      FSG’s record of appreciating soccer’s financial implications and their zero input a monetary sense does not bode well if finance is the priority.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #3305: Oct 18, 2021 05:21:52 pm
      That’s my understanding as well. Contract expires in 2023.

Will be off with Klopp then!! :laugh:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #3306: Oct 18, 2021 06:05:38 pm
      I think this contract situation puts to bed the idea that we would ever be in for a Haaland or an Mbappe. We literally have the best current player in the world right now and we are hesitating paying him. People think lack of activity in  the transfer market shows a lack of ambition....well not paying your best player at least close to the going rate for being the best of the best also shows a lack of ambition. It also doesn't send a good message to the rest of the squad or to potential transfers. Look at all Mo has done for this club while he's been here, unbelievable scoring record, consummate professional, never misses games to injury or suspension and yet here we are dragging our heels. Other players have to be looking at this and wondering what Mo would have to do to get his contract wrapped up.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #3307: Oct 18, 2021 06:27:09 pm

Jürgen’s here til 2024, though if people are throwing tantrums about Salah’s contract when he has almost 2 years left in it, we should be ready for the tantrums about Klopp’s extension before the season ends.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #3308: Oct 18, 2021 08:32:25 pm
      Jürgen’s here til 2024, though if people are throwing tantrums about Salah’s contract when he has almost 2 years left in it, we should be ready for the tantrums about Klopp’s extension before the season ends.

who is throwing tantrum? people are just pointing out that he deserve a better contract, imo not 510 nor 400 but maybe 300 ish. he is around 200 a week.
      « Last Edit: Oct 18, 2021 08:51:40 pm by Billo »
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #3309: Oct 19, 2021 07:38:14 am
      At 31 Salah will be at his peak, don’t be so dismissive of his value.

Think people need to get this 90s/00s idea out of their heads that players can't cut it at the top level once they hit their early 30s. Just need to look at the likes of Suarez, Lewandowski, Messi, Ronaldo, Vardy. All over 33/34 years of age & still more than capable of putting in regular elite performances at the very highest level.

I can't name many footballers who appear to be in better physical condition than Mo Salah. Add that to the fact he's never touched a drop of alcohol in his life and not picked up a single long term injury in the 4+ years he's been here, you'd be a brave man to write him off at the age of 32/33
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #3310: Oct 19, 2021 07:56:31 am
      Think people need to get this 90s/00s idea out of their heads that players can't cut it at the top level once they hit their early 30s. Just need to look at the likes of Suarez, Lewandowski, Messi, Ronaldo, Vardy. All over 33/34 years of age & still more than capable of putting in regular elite performances at the very highest level.

I can't name many footballers who appear to be in better physical condition than Mo Salah. Add that to the fact he's never touched a drop of alcohol in his life and not picked up a single long term injury in the 4+ years he's been here, you'd be a brave man to write him off at the age of 32/33

Agree with this. Will be playing on like Ronaldo. Well worth getting the contract sorted and hopefully he and his agent won’t be too greedy. Think about the love Mo and not the money.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3311: Oct 19, 2021 08:29:09 am
      Give him what he wants now!

Quick Reply