Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546943 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #4577: May 12, 2022 07:09:44 am
      Has come out and said that he’s the best player in his position at the club and in the world. I wish he’d stop talking so much and start improving his performances because the way he’s playing says different.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4578: May 12, 2022 10:50:37 am
      Dude leads in scoring and assist. He garners attention at all times and even in his funk he creates holes in the defence with his presence. Some of yall may think he's slipping, but opposing defences don't. He's constantly getting double teamed, and that opens opportunities elsewhere.

He's not slipping, he's just on a poor run of form.

You can call that out you know!!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #4579: May 12, 2022 11:38:03 am
      While I’m sure Mo has his own personal vendetta against Real, are we so willingly dismissing the idea that ‘revenge’ can be applied to them beating us in the 2018 final and knocking us out last year? Is it just me? Did he mention anything directly about Ramos or his injury when making those comments?

Can’t deny he is in a poor run of goal scoring form but if the CL final is tomorrow, he starts for me. He starts for me in the FA Cup final as well and any other game we need to win. I think his form has been blown out of proportion - he is creating opportunities, assists, just struggling to find the net. In fact the game against Spurs is the only one I have really been frustrated at his all round game.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #4580: May 12, 2022 12:12:26 pm
      Has come out and said that he’s the best player in his position at the club and in the world. I wish he’d stop talking so much and start improving his performances because the way he’s playing says different.

Must be getting media training advice from his bestie Dejan  ;D
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #4581: May 12, 2022 12:42:52 pm
      I haven’t liked the sound bites coming from Mo recently. He has always been very humble in the past. Talking about revenge or being the best in the world or having the most assists in the league etc. just let your football do the talking. The talk invites more pressure and Mo isn’t currently in the best if form.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4582: May 12, 2022 02:26:02 pm
      I haven’t liked the sound bites coming from Mo recently. He has always been very humble in the past. Talking about revenge or being the best in the world or having the most assists in the league etc. just let your football do the talking. The talk invites more pressure and Mo isn’t currently in the best if form.

I use to think the same thing about him ( humble guy ) but since there’s been issues signing a new contract  his personality has changed somewhat. Makes me wonder if there’s a hidden agenda. However, still surprised that many of you think you should be dropped/ benched.

Top and bottom of it ( just my opinion ) he’s just out of form. All players go through it. I don’t see it as a big deal like some of you do.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #4583: May 12, 2022 03:43:18 pm
      I use to think the same thing about him ( humble guy ) but since there’s been issues signing a new contract  his personality has changed somewhat. Makes me wonder if there’s a hidden agenda. However, still surprised that many of you think you should be dropped/ benched.

Top and bottom of it ( just my opinion ) he’s just out of form. All players go through it. I don’t see it as a big deal like some of you do.

I would always have him in the team. The lack of a left footed replacement messes with the game plan for me and given his quality, you know he will always play himself back into form.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4584: May 12, 2022 05:19:39 pm
      I would always have him in the team. The lack of a left footed replacement messes with the game plan for me and given his quality, you know he will always play himself back into form.

Trouble is, it’s all well and good letting a player keep his place to try and play himself back into form but at the same time, you run the risk of disrupting a player who is in decent form as result because they’re on the bench. Right now, Diaz is 100% nailed on, he’s first choice as far as I’m concerned, he’s playing on a different level to the other forwards at the moment but Mane is 2nd in that pecking order with his goals and good form bar the odd game here and there. The 3rd man in the attack I’d probably go Bobby if he’s fit enough and get him back through the middle and Mane out wide.
      Salah is a fantastic player but you can’t keep playing someone that’s bang out of form. It doesn’t take anything away from the player but you have to put the needs of the team first and right now, IMO Salah shouldn’t be starting. Maybe a game or 2 on the bench will sort this ego of his out that he seems to be developing too. Unless he’s trying to justify his contract demands whilst being out of form by what he says instead.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #4585: May 12, 2022 05:25:14 pm

Saw that as well, and didn't like it one bit. It's not the Liverpool way and it's certainly not Klopp's Liverpool way. Disappointing really, he should let his football do the talking (which he isn't at the moment).
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1194 
      Reply #4586: May 12, 2022 07:00:08 pm
      I've been critical of some his recent performances but think it's mental that people would consider dropping him for a cup final. He's going through a dip in form but still top of the league for goals and assists?! He's built up a mountain of credit in his favour to at least deserve a bit of leeway and you simply don't drop your best, most experienced players in the biggest games.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #4587: May 12, 2022 08:16:24 pm
      Trouble is, it’s all well and good letting a player keep his place to try and play himself back into form but at the same time, you run the risk of disrupting a player who is in decent form as result because they’re on the bench. Right now, Diaz is 100% nailed on, he’s first choice as far as I’m concerned, he’s playing on a different level to the other forwards at the moment but Mane is 2nd in that pecking order with his goals and good form bar the odd game here and there. The 3rd man in the attack I’d probably go Bobby if he’s fit enough and get him back through the middle and Mane out wide.
      Salah is a fantastic player but you can’t keep playing someone that’s bang out of form. It doesn’t take anything away from the player but you have to put the needs of the team first and right now, IMO Salah shouldn’t be starting. Maybe a game or 2 on the bench will sort this ego of his out that he seems to be developing too. Unless he’s trying to justify his contract demands whilst being out of form by what he says instead.

Problem is I don’t think Mane is the same player 9n the right hand side, he played well there his first year in the league but u  really want a left footer out there given the way we play with Trent and Robbo playing so high in the space vacated by forwards when they cut in.

It’s n9 just about form, it’s also about the balance of the side for me. We need M9 t9 play though, last 2 or 3 games have been lacklustre
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4588: May 12, 2022 08:31:40 pm
      I've been critical of some his recent performances but think it's mental that people would consider dropping him for a cup final. He's going through a dip in form but still top of the league for goals and assists?! He's built up a mountain of credit in his favour to at least deserve a bit of leeway and you simply don't drop your best, most experienced players in the biggest games.

it depends what you class as a dip mate 5 league goals this year 2 penalties )I think) I trust Jürgen more than Mo if he thinks he is right he will start and if he isnt he wont pick him . I remember Shearer going for an age without a goal then he started scoring big time again I guess its the nature of a forward they cant score sitting on the bench.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4589: May 12, 2022 08:51:04 pm
      Better buck up Son has another goal only 1 behind now
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4590: May 12, 2022 09:06:11 pm

must be favourite now he is scoring for fun.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4591: May 12, 2022 09:44:48 pm
      think Conte must have a few quid on Mo for the Golden Boot
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4592: May 12, 2022 09:55:46 pm

Norwich up next as well isn't it? Can see Son finishing the season with 24/25 goals at this rate. I'd be surprised if he doesn't win the golden boot.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #4593: May 12, 2022 09:59:44 pm

Only Salah can sort it out - his form has been so off for months
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #4594: May 13, 2022 03:56:58 am
      Don't have to play 3 up front, there are other ways to play.
      I mentioned awhile ago he shouldn't assume he's playing in the final, all I meant is be humble and don't assume you're playing, same goes for any player.
       Don't like all the social media gesturing, just do the talking on the pitch and stay as down to earth as much you can considering it's a high profile job and all that.
        Sometimes 3 forwards are getting in each others way and Mo has been getting in Trents way at times. it's worked so far of course why then when we have 3 forwards are we crossing it into the box like we have 1 striker?
      Recent games look off kilter.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4595: May 13, 2022 10:16:18 am
      Mo know telling the world he is the best player in the world and his figures back this up and that includes being the best player in Liverpool.
      This just doesnt sound like Mo at all has he got a less talented Twin who has him captive in a cellar back home whilst he is here trying to be better at being Mo than Mo is.
      Our Mo was never boastful always put the team first someone has got inside  his head.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #4596: May 13, 2022 11:30:45 am
      It's obvious to everyone that Salah is in a dodgy spell goals/assists-wise, but any talk of him not starting both finals is crazy.

JK won't pick him on sentiment alone, but Salah occupies defenders more than any of our other forwards, even when struggling.  If the opposition sees the team sheet with Salah on the bench, it gives them a lift as he has that fear-factor about him, struggling or not.

He will start tomorrow and I think he'll get a goal, helping us on the way to the cup!

He will start the CL final and again, and I think he'll get a goal, helping us on the way to the cup!!

COME ON MO!!

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!!

SHOW ME THE SILVERWARE!!!!1

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4597: May 13, 2022 11:44:04 am
      Mo know telling the world he is the best player in the world and his figures back this up and that includes being the best player in Liverpool.
      This just doesnt sound like Mo at all has he got a less talented Twin who has him captive in a cellar back home whilst he is here trying to be better at being Mo than Mo is.
      Our Mo was never boastful always put the team first someone has got inside  his head.

Know exactly who will have gotten in his head, that blert of an agent he has. Toxic that bloke.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4598: May 13, 2022 12:20:53 pm

Is he getting to big for his boots?
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #4599: May 13, 2022 01:28:18 pm
      Playing in child league with club like PSG
      Much much easier than EPL
      Much much less intensive than playing for Klopp
      Arab oil money can buy Bollon d'Or for you
      And much much much more money, for you of course
      Your family surely preferred Paris to Liverpool