Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 562952 times
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,484 posts | 231 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #4623: May 25, 2022 02:37:22 pm
      Pretty sure I just heard him say in the CL final press-conference he is staying next season!

Great news, though the contract still needs sorting out.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,514 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4624: May 25, 2022 02:52:35 pm
      AYE, staying next season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6366 
      Reply #4625: May 25, 2022 03:31:15 pm

But hopefully that doesn't mean running down his contract and leaving for free.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #4626: May 25, 2022 04:33:30 pm
      Pretty sure I just heard him say in the CL final press-conference he is staying next season!

Well, he is under contract so he has to, so he's just basically saying "i'm not gonna go Countinho on you guys".
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2022 04:44:27 pm by CT_LFC »
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #4627: May 25, 2022 06:56:08 pm
      I think it's very clear, agents are being very smart and changing the dynamics of a transfer. Mbappe and his agent have reaffirmed where the power lays.
      I'm not saying Salah would want control of football matters as Liverpool would not allow it but I can see a day where we resign him on a 100million signing on fee etc.

They'll be players with poor injury records where this just won't be feesable but those top players who rarely get injured then it could be worth the risk.

You're always one kick away from acl tho
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #4628: May 25, 2022 06:58:32 pm

That's what it looks like to me.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 530 posts | 108 
      Reply #4629: May 25, 2022 07:20:07 pm

That's my concern and I'm not sure I would want the club to allow it.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,471 posts | 1466 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #4630: May 25, 2022 07:53:06 pm
      I think he runs his contract down and leaves to be honest, he knows if he signs now he’ll have a massive price on his head, and as we know with most non English players have a desire to play for the Barca/Real teams, god knows why but they do and there is no escaping that… and getting into a contract now at the age he’s entering might have teams like them look away down the line… so yeah, I think next season will be his last unfortunately.

Let’s hope he can turn his form around though and go out on a bang, not a whimper.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4631: May 25, 2022 08:05:36 pm
      I think he runs his contract down and leaves to be honest, he knows if he signs now he’ll have a massive price on his head, and as we know with most non English players have a desire to play for the Barca/Real teams, god knows why but they do and there is no escaping that… and getting into a contract now at the age he’s entering might have teams like them look away down the line… so yeah, I think next season will be his last unfortunately.

Let’s hope he can turn his form around though and go out on a bang, not a whimper.

I read into the same way, looks a goner next year. Least you can get another full season out of him though.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #4632: May 25, 2022 08:12:11 pm
      I think next season will be his last here, unless he gets a lot of money (probably 400k or more per week). If he decides to do that well, will just have to accept it and move on. I'll still thank him for everything he's done for the Club, but this is his last chance to get a massive contract.

Players will now try to run down the contract and get a massive sign in bonus more and more, thats going to be the new normali. With the current tranfer fees players will try and grab that money instead of the club getting a massive transfer fee.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,904 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #4633: May 25, 2022 08:50:40 pm
      Personally not interested in the contract talk right now.

He himself has been quite the voice about the upcoming final and us getting our revenge, now is the time to step up Mo.

If he turns up against Madrid and we win he will have shown just why he deserves the big bucks, we need our star players to turn up in such games.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4634: May 25, 2022 08:57:54 pm
      I read into the same way, looks a goner next year. Least you can get another full season out of him though.

he is at a pivotal age and the club can always accept offers for him its not all down to the player FSG are at last for Liverpool not going to be fu**ed over 7 ways til sunday they will get the right deal for the club whether he stays or goes. During Parry's time we were just awful in the transfer market a bit like UTD are now
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 298 
      Reply #4635: May 25, 2022 11:11:09 pm
      Looks like it's becoming clearer how the old front 3 will probably be moving on over the next few years.
      Mane this summer, maybe for a decent fee. Diaz was probably always planned as his replacement, he arrived 6 months early because Spurs were in for him.
      Mo next year at the end of his contract.
      It's possible that Bobby might now get a contract, maybe a 1 or 2 year extension. He could be a good squad player for a few years, covering for Thiago when he needs a rest, coming on for the last 15 minutes to manage games and keep possession when we are 1 or 2 goals in the lead. He's never depended on pace so he should be ok into his 30s.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,787 posts | 394 
      Reply #4636: May 26, 2022 06:22:02 am

That's the future of football I'm afraid. The Spanish, German, Italian clubs can't afford these lads any more other than when they are free agents or st best with 1 year left.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,514 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4637: May 26, 2022 09:29:55 am

personally dont mind that if players want to do that its thier choice.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #4638: May 26, 2022 01:12:49 pm

Agree. I respect a player honoring his contract until the end. Can't be said of many who agitate for a way out.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6366 
      Reply #4639: May 26, 2022 01:14:54 pm

As much as I love Salah, I want what's best for the club and to me that's not allowing him to leave for nothing.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4640: May 26, 2022 01:21:57 pm
      Mo seems to think this club will suffer without him but we have weathered these transfer storms many times before going back over 40 years players who were irreplaceable were replaced.
      I cant imagine any supporter would want to see Mo leave but there has to be a line that cannot be crossed .
      So come on Mo sign that very very lucrative deal and enjoy the adulation of the faithful for 4 more years or even more.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,514 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4641: May 26, 2022 01:43:11 pm
      As much as I love Salah, I want what's best for the club and to me that's not allowing him to leave for nothing.

I always air on side of the player, they have short careers so generally the last contract is best as a free to maximize wages.

Obvioulsy these guys that earn millions its not so relevant, but players lower down the leagues its massive.

At end of the day we just dont know yet anyway. He may still sign a new deal this summer.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,514 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4642: May 26, 2022 01:44:28 pm
      Agree. I respect a player honoring his contract until the end. Can't be said of many who agitate for a way out.

This is a good point too, staying to end of contract rather than fishing for a way out now type of thing.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 523 
      Reply #4643: May 26, 2022 11:39:35 pm
      Yeah, sounds like he is going to run down his contract and then negotiate. Not necessarily too bad - at least he will be going all out to have a great next season. If we lose him for nothing after that, so be it. I wouldn't be in a rush to cash in on him instead, unless somebody offers megabucks (which is unlikely given PSG have already spunked their load on Mbappe, and everybody else will just wait a year to get him on a free).
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,514 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4644: May 27, 2022 10:15:08 am
      FSG probably happy with that, keeps him at current wages for another year.

Saying that, he could well just sign a new deal, which is why he confident saying hes here next year. :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4645: May 27, 2022 11:09:22 am
      FSG probably happy with that, keeps him at current wages for another year.

Saying that, he could well just sign a new deal, which is why he confident saying hes here next year. :)

I seem to be on a SKY Sport bashing moment but they are just stirring sh*t this morning not a single positive . Even their own commentator who is supposedly unbiased said their is only one treble. Sick of them and then go on to Talk Sport it gets worse Murdoch has been a plague on all of us.

Quick Reply