Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 563225 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #4692: Jun 02, 2022 02:14:27 pm
      It's "take the salt shaker out" season, so need to keep that in mind when reading anything in the media.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4693: Jun 02, 2022 05:13:13 pm
      regardless of the media hype or quotes from "reliable sources" Mo asking for £400k per week is a problem. How many other players will be then knocking on the door asking for a new contract and a significant rise. Its getting close to selling him for me as we simply can't let this rumble on to and through next season the only person who can sort this is Mo if he wants big money which is relative in his case then he needs to go to PSG or Chelsea etc . We have managed players contracts well these past few years so I think Jürgen would like to have this settled so he knows who he will have next season I think Mo has taken some of the shine of his success here.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4694: Jun 02, 2022 06:16:58 pm
      Another greedy b***ard
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #4695: Jun 02, 2022 06:44:04 pm
      are the 400K/wk demands confirmed?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4907 
      Reply #4696: Jun 02, 2022 08:51:37 pm
      are the 400K/wk demands confirmed?

Unlikely ever to be confirmed.

I'd imagine definitely in the ballpark of what Mo wants though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6368 
      Reply #4697: Jun 02, 2022 08:54:49 pm
      Unlikely ever to be confirmed.

I'd imagine definitely in the ballpark of what Mo wants though.

Yep, otherwise he'd have already signed I'd wager.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,772 posts | 462 
      Reply #4698: Jun 02, 2022 10:54:33 pm
      Imagine making 400K a week!!!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      Reply #4699: Jun 03, 2022 08:52:23 am
      Wouldnt bother me if he went now. With his form the last 6 months his wage demands and if what he said about playing for another premiere team is true then he isnt bigger than the club so sell
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4700: Jun 03, 2022 11:09:43 am
      Wouldnt bother me if he went now. With his form the last 6 months his wage demands and if what he said about playing for another premiere team is true then he isnt bigger than the club so sell

we all want the Pre Afcon Mo in our team but just look how well we did despite his lack of goals. Hopefully with a proper rest and a bit of contemplation of what he has achieved and how he is loved he will find a way to get the deal done. If he has said he would consider another EPL team then he will have gone down dramatically in my estimation.
      Harrisimo

• 8,229 posts | 1388 
      Reply #4701: Jun 03, 2022 12:08:26 pm

A lot might depend on what the Boss says...and he has already said what he thinks..
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 119 posts | 24 
      Reply #4702: Jun 07, 2022 09:49:46 pm
      If reports are true he has told friends he wants to join Barca on a free I’say why wait. Let’s go ahead and swap Mo for Gavi.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4703: Jun 08, 2022 02:03:44 pm
      I've had enough of Salah. If he's happy to join a prem rival on a free or barca on a free so be it. All he's interested in is money. All that rubbish about wanting to stay ... just that ... rubbish.

I can't be arsed listening about his contract saga every day for the next 12 months while he turns in performances like the past 5 months.

It's time the club showed who is in charge here. I said months ago if he's not signed by June 30th he's out. All the free transfer riches he's got his eyes on ... sell him for 40/50m at least and put that money in our pocket instead to invest into the team.

Don't let him have his cake and eat it. Sell and get a fee which is more than we paid for him and give the money to Jürgen to reinvest.

I'm staying next season for sure ..... oh we know what your plan is Mo ... walk out on us. Time to change his plans and be proactive instead of sitting on our hands and letting him dictate everything.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6368 
      Reply #4704: Jun 08, 2022 02:21:27 pm
      Not sure where everyone is getting all this negative about Salah. I've not seen any valid reports where he's said he wanted to leave. Can anyone show me that?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4705: Jun 08, 2022 02:41:04 pm
      Not sure where everyone is getting all this negative about Salah. I've not seen any valid reports where he's said he wanted to leave. Can anyone show me that?

Nobody can show you because there isn't one to show. All he's saying is how he wants to stay and will be here next season. Doesn't suit the narrative for some though.
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #4706: Jun 08, 2022 02:55:20 pm
      Nobody can show you because there isn't one to show. All he's saying is how he wants to stay and will be here next season. Doesn't suit the narrative for some though.

But why does he want to stay? is it because it's a means to an end where he gets to leave on a free next summer and can get a juicy sign-on bonus? or is it because he truly wants to be here and wants to work on a renewal during the year. Jürgen's already come out and said along the lines of "we've done all we could" and his agent laughed at it.....
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4707: Jun 08, 2022 02:57:19 pm
      But why does he want to stay? is it because it's a means to an end where he gets to leave on a free next summer and can get a juicy sign-on bonus? or is it because he truly wants to be here and wants to work on a renewal during the year. Jürgen's already come out and said along the lines of "we've done all we could" and his agent laughed at it.....

Until the end of next season comes, we wont know the answer to that question. But ultimately, as it stands, he's said he wants to stay so until there's confirmation that he wont be staying beyond next season, there's no reason to think otherwise.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      Reply #4708: Jun 08, 2022 08:02:22 pm

Can you show me any reports about him signing a new contract, they soon forget who helped them on the way.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6368 
      Reply #4709: Jun 08, 2022 08:09:14 pm
      Can you show me any reports about him signing a new contract, they soon forget who helped them on the way.

He's not required to sign a new contract is he? Truth is no one knows what kind of deal has been offered to him (if any) so it's just speculation to say that he should have signed something when we don't even know what's been offered. He's not kicked up a stink, not done any Coutinho like stuff, he just plays and plays and plays. I don't have a problem with this. He has a contract with the club and he's honoring it.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #4710: Jun 09, 2022 07:13:28 am
      Said before we should sell him ... Sell him now and buy Raphinha/Antony and be done with it !

Maybe with his and Mane's wages off + selling Oxlade, Minamino, Phillips and Neco we have enough to sign Bellingham on top of Nunez and a RW.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #4711: Jun 09, 2022 11:23:14 am
      Said before we should sell him ... Sell him now and buy Raphinha/Antony and be done with it !

Just like that! I wouldn't mind but Raphina is not even on the same level and year's taking into account his little on pitch bi*ch-fits and under-whelming performances for Leeds. I haven't got a clue who Antony is as well. You're not referring to that diving pr**k Gordon are you?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4712: Jun 09, 2022 02:11:53 pm
      we simply cant allow this to still be hanging about at the start of next season it has to be anew contract or Taxi for Mo. I hope he stays I still hope Sadio stays but from the Clubs stand point they have to maximise the situation and letting Mo go for Free next season is a no no same with Sadio.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #4713: Jun 09, 2022 02:29:51 pm
      we simply cant allow this to still be hanging about at the start of next season it has to be anew contract or Taxi for Mo. I hope he stays I still hope Sadio stays but from the Clubs stand point they have to maximise the situation and letting Mo go for Free next season is a no no same with Sadio.
      This makes a lot of sense to me. Let's say (just to make the point) that both players are worth £30M a piece, if they stay, and we can't convince them to stay beyond end of next season, we will have lost £60M potential revenue. At the moment they are asset's, at the end of the season they are worthless.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4907 
      Reply #4714: Jun 09, 2022 03:04:20 pm

Yep.

I don't think he's said anything apart from that he be here next season.

Now I still think he's going to leave in a free but don't recall him being in the press as has been said on here

Quick Reply