Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546417 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #4761: Jun 20, 2022 06:15:08 pm
      Because there is only, maybe PSG who would offer ridiculous wages he is asking.

PSG, City, Chelsea, Newcastle, Bayern, Madrid, Barca, possibly Juve too. There's a few clubs who might do it.

Fingers crossed we can get something done. Seems less and less likely everyday though.

I appreciate the financial side of it, i really do BUT it does sadden me to think that we may be about to lose our 2 best attacking players because we cannot pay the wages that a player of Salah's ilk (ie. strongly in the conversation for best player in world/European football) commands.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #4762: Jun 20, 2022 06:47:18 pm
      Don't think he'll be sold. The question IMO only arises if we receive a very substantial offer (£80m+) because the disruption to our attack could derail us. No club is likely to pay that and double his wage at the same time. That's the least likely outcome IMO.

It's more likely he'll leave on a free and similar odds I reckon of him signing a new deal. Not sure which way it'll go. Our Mo is usually happy,  humble and ever willing but more recently has appeared to be a bit self-absorbed and that has been a concern along with his dip in form. I would like to think he will make a firm commitment to stay and make himself an even bigger legend than he already is.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #4763: Jun 21, 2022 02:43:17 pm
      Don't think he'll be sold. The question IMO only arises if we receive a very substantial offer (£80m+) because the disruption to our attack could derail us. No club is likely to pay that and double his wage at the same time. That's the least likely outcome IMO.

Madrid were willing to throw 170 million at PSG for Mbappe last season (can't recall if it was in the summer or Jan window) so It wouldn't surprise me if a club wanted to steal a march on the others by offering 40-50 million for him now rather than be in a bidding war in January.

The whole situation is pretty depressing regarding Mo. We'll see what the summer brings i guess, if it's not done in the next 6 weeks you can be absolutely certain he is off for nothing in 12 months i guess.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4764: Jun 21, 2022 05:56:43 pm
      keep coming here hoping to see the News Mo has signed but the two parties seems as far away as ever and the silence is telling. Tend to agree it looks like he will be off next season which does leave a bad taste in the mouth and maybe a lesson learned or rather yet another lesson most players are just well paid hired guns.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #4765: Jun 21, 2022 06:02:20 pm
      keep coming here hoping to see the News Mo has signed but the two parties seems as far away as ever and the silence is telling. Tend to agree it looks like he will be off next season which does leave a bad taste in the mouth and maybe a lesson learned or rather yet another lesson most players are just well paid hired guns.

Why does it leave a bad taste? Player sees out his contractual obligations, there’s not much more that he can do.

He’s not required to re-sign with us for less than the going rate. If we don’t want to pay what he feels he’s worth then so be it.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #4766: Jun 21, 2022 06:12:41 pm
      Why does it leave a bad taste? Player sees out his contractual obligations, there’s not much more that he can do.

He’s not required to re-sign with us for less than the going rate. If we don’t want to pay what he feels he’s worth then so be it.

Every other player who has resigned with the team has done so under the wage structure the team has. Salah is not required to adhere to that structure and is free get whatever wage number it is he wants somewhere else, but by doing that it will leave a bad taste that he chased the money.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #4767: Jun 21, 2022 06:35:04 pm

Leaves a bad taste because he openly stated , it was not about money , when it obviously is , now I have no problem with him thinking he can get more that’s his prerogative, but as the saying goes don’t piss down my back and tell me it’s raining
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #4768: Jun 21, 2022 06:37:58 pm

Go back 10 or 20 pages in this thread and you'll understand why it leaves a bad taste. Despite being our best forward (and arguably the best player) over the past 4 seasons or so, some people have been lurking in the shadows of that thread. As soon as the guy doesn't score for a couple of games or has a bad spell, they come out with the usual shtick.

Before the contract renewal was a thing it (so about a year ago), whenever he wouldn't score for a few games it was genius affirmations along the lines of ''Klopp unjustly favours him. He should be benched''. We should sell him and rebuild''. Before that it was ''he's selfish'' paired with the analysis of every ball he received and what he did with it.

I genuinely think we are the only fanbase in the world with a top 3 or 5 player in our ranks with about 25% to 40% of our fans constantly moaning at him. Some of the stuff routinely repeated, if you take Salah's name out of the sentences, you'd believe is talk about an average player with a huge ego and a problematic attitude on and off the pitch, a player who is causing the club more harm than good. Its not even worth the debate with some of them because the whole thing seems to be rooted in a ''bad or good'' logic where Salah has to constantly perform at ''best in the world'' levels + give up his right to negotiate his future  or else he's bad. From where this logic stems, I'm not sure. Is it classic football fanaticism where a player is either with us or against us or is it just that some people never really like the guy from the beginning? I'm not sure, but some of the stuff said is just sad so much it is devoid of logic and sometimes ill fated.

Funny enough, if Salah was to come out tomorrow, take whatever the club recently offered him, subtract 100k of that number and sign at that rate, some people would still come out moaning after the first 2 games he doesn't score in. You can point out all the good stuff he will be doing in those games from assists, smart movement, defender attraction, etc., and it won't change anything, you'll feel like we're talking about an overpaid, below average, and problematic player. I think its the same lot that never understood what Gini did for us, moaned our ears of incessantly about ''why is he starting'' then when he left started moaning at ''FSG'' for not replacing him. Its that tier of logic.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #4769: Jun 21, 2022 07:36:06 pm

Africa Facts Zone
      @AfricaFactsZone
      Mohamed Salah is transforming his village, Nagrig in Egypt.

He built a hospital, school, youth centre and ambulance unit for his people in his village.

He built a $450,000 water treatment plant to provide drinking water for his people.

He gives £3,500 to poor families monthly.
      Salah donated thousands of tons of food worth $500,000 to his people in Nagrig during the Covid-19 lockdown.

He donated £2.5 million for the treatment of cancer in Egypt in 2019.

His ambulance unit serves 30,000 people.

Donated oxygen tanks when some people died from Covid-19.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #4770: Jun 21, 2022 08:16:20 pm
      Africa Facts Zone
      @AfricaFactsZone
      Mohamed Salah is transforming his village, Nagrig in Egypt.

He built a hospital, school, youth centre and ambulance unit for his people in his village.

He built a $450,000 water treatment plant to provide drinking water for his people.

He gives £3,500 to poor families monthly.
      Salah donated thousands of tons of food worth $500,000 to his people in Nagrig during the Covid-19 lockdown.

He donated £2.5 million for the treatment of cancer in Egypt in 2019.

His ambulance unit serves 30,000 people.

Donated oxygen tanks when some people died from Covid-19.

If we could agree with Mo a clause that half of the extra £100k p/w he wants has to be spent on charitable causes and the rest is his to buy as many Lamborghinis as he wants we might just be able to strike a deal.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #4771: Jun 21, 2022 08:19:28 pm
      If we could agree with Mo a clause that half of the extra £100k p/w he wants has to be spent on charitable causes and the rest is his to buy as many Lamborghinis as he wants we might just be able to strike a deal.
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #4772: Jun 21, 2022 10:46:46 pm
      Leaves a bad taste because he openly stated , it was not about money , when it obviously is , now I have no problem with him thinking he can get more that’s his prerogative, but as the saying goes don’t piss down my back and tell me it’s raining

Great saying is that 👌
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4773: Jun 21, 2022 10:52:33 pm
      Go back 10 or 20 pages in this thread and you'll understand why it leaves a bad taste. Despite being our best forward (and arguably the best player) over the past 4 seasons or so, some people have been lurking in the shadows of that thread. As soon as the guy doesn't score for a couple of games or has a bad spell, they come out with the usual shtick.

Before the contract renewal was a thing it (so about a year ago), whenever he wouldn't score for a few games it was genius affirmations along the lines of ''Klopp unjustly favours him. He should be benched''. We should sell him and rebuild''. Before that it was ''he's selfish'' paired with the analysis of every ball he received and what he did with it.

I genuinely think we are the only fanbase in the world with a top 3 or 5 player in our ranks with about 25% to 40% of our fans constantly moaning at him. Some of the stuff routinely repeated, if you take Salah's name out of the sentences, you'd believe is talk about an average player with a huge ego and a problematic attitude on and off the pitch, a player who is causing the club more harm than good. Its not even worth the debate with some of them because the whole thing seems to be rooted in a ''bad or good'' logic where Salah has to constantly perform at ''best in the world'' levels + give up his right to negotiate his future  or else he's bad. From where this logic stems, I'm not sure. Is it classic football fanaticism where a player is either with us or against us or is it just that some people never really like the guy from the beginning? I'm not sure, but some of the stuff said is just sad so much it is devoid of logic and sometimes ill fated.

Funny enough, if Salah was to come out tomorrow, take whatever the club recently offered him, subtract 100k of that number and sign at that rate, some people would still come out moaning after the first 2 games he doesn't score in. You can point out all the good stuff he will be doing in those games from assists, smart movement, defender attraction, etc., and it won't change anything, you'll feel like we're talking about an overpaid, below average, and problematic player. I think its the same lot that never understood what Gini did for us, moaned our ears of incessantly about ''why is he starting'' then when he left started moaning at ''FSG'' for not replacing him. Its that tier of logic.

congratulations you have achieved superfan status.  You do understand what a forum is for don't you. People can moan and slag him off on page 1 and on page 2 he is the best in the world and its been like that in the ground and out of the ground forever and hopefully always will be or it will be very very dull in here
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #4774: Jun 21, 2022 11:45:34 pm
      congratulations you have achieved superfan status.  You do understand what a forum is for don't you. People can moan and slag him off on page 1 and on page 2 he is the best in the world and its been like that in the ground and out of the ground forever and hopefully always will be or it will be very very dull in here
      Ah yes. The ''super fan status'' or as I like to call it, having a balanced and logical opinion instead of saying one thing then the opposite literally one click away from each other. There's a difference between watching a game and shouting something about the player being sh*t or having a sh*t game in a moment of emotion and coming on forum after the fact where you have all the time in the world to construct a balanced and mature opinion to add to the discussion (I think that's why most people are on this forum) yet still sounding like a confused and emotional kid.

But hey, knock yourself out, I wouldn't want the forum to be too dull for you. You bring just the right type of spiciness (like we saw in Sadio's thread).
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #4775: Jun 25, 2022 12:39:08 pm
      Recent reports suggest Salah asking for £400,000/week (+£160,000 above current wage)

Down the stretch....
      Mo scored goals in 3 of LFC's final 22 games (all competitions)
      Mo scored goals in 1 game in May, 1 game in April, 1 game in March
      Mo scored 0 goals in LFC's final 5 Champions league games
      Mo's last CL goal was Feb 16

Note: Mo was a "DNP" in some of the games or used as a late substitution

Looking at the box scores over the final 3 months, Jota and Mane, and Firmino at times carried the team in the goal scoring dept.

What my eyes saw...
      It appeared opponents defended Mo differently the back half of the season, essentially swarming him with 2 & 3 defenders preventing him from pivoting for left foot strikes. Defenses gave him no room to operate....and essentially shut him down

Tough call for management
      Should they ignore his output woes down the stretch? Chalk it up to bad luck and contract frustrations?
      And given how opponents adapted to Mo, can management expect a continuation of his prolific goal scoring to continue?
      -----------
      Question:
      What is Mane's new salary at Bayern?
      I've read so many different versions
      -----------
      Looking at the list of 10 highest paid players in '22...
      4 play for petro-financed teams
      2 play for a bankrupt team about to default unless they mortgage their financial future to cover today's bills
      2 play for a desperate PL team up the road whose future is as bleak as ever
      And 2 get paid but barely/never play for a Spanish giant that has been constrained by some financial issues in recent years.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2021/08/31/612e3f93e2704ee36d8b463e.html

From this list of 10, I rate Mbappe and De Bruyne as most worthy of their wages.
      I look at David de Gea's contract and Man U's mess all makes sense now.

Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #4776: Jun 25, 2022 01:13:26 pm
      It's a sad situation really. All about money.

I'd rather sell him now ... get 35/40m for him and find another Diaz type player.

Because next Summer you will be trying to replace one of tye best on the planet ... with no money received for him.

I'm dubious we would pay the money required for Bellingham. But I see no way we spend the money on Bellingham and spend the money needed to replace salah ... in the same summer.

Maybe there is an ace up the sleeve. Diaz was always going to be sadios replacement. Maybe they have Mo's lined up as well. Bringing Diaz in during January was great for us and great for him as he should be settled now.

Maybe we bring in Mo's replacement in January if indeed we have someone lined up. Be great preparation for his departure.

But as I say ... he'd be gone this summer if it were upto me. The club should take back control of the situation and call his bluff.

But maybe there is a plan ... we seem to be well organised so let's see how it plays out. But I just know salah and his agent will overshadow the season ... every press conference will be about his contract. Its driving me mad now and has been for 6 months. He should just announce he's going on a free and then we can all get on with the football. Didn't keegan announce before the start of his last season that he was going ... worked out OK.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4777: Jun 25, 2022 04:27:50 pm
      Rumours we will take 60 million
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #4778: Jun 25, 2022 08:27:25 pm
      Pretty unreliable sources are the only ones reporting that (I think I've seen someone saying this rumour originated from ''the sun''). About 90% of the stuff reported on the contract negotiations have been from very unreliable sources.

Its reminiscent of the ''FSG out'' saga we've been going through the past few summers where very unreliable journos create a rumour about us wanting player-X then a few days later tell us the club isn't willing to pay the imaginary fee they invented for the target (player) they also invented. Generates a ton of clicks, likes and interaction.

We'll eventually hear something from a reliable source or the club itself, but in the meantime I'd stay away from those unreliable journos just playing with our patience.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #4779: Jun 25, 2022 09:29:21 pm
      Let him go for the right price, it seems Mo's heart is no longer in playing for the Reds. It is such a pity when money rules to such an extent, players are not content playing for such a great club like LFC !
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4780: Jun 26, 2022 01:27:53 am

I doubt it.

Think he'll go on a free next summer while we prepare for life without him.

Can't see us letting him go this summer unless we have another forward lined up
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #4781: Jun 26, 2022 06:56:15 am
      The more I think about it the more I can't understand Salah's position.

He clearly only wants to keep playing for us if we pay him over the top wages. There is no other factor that motivates him to move. It is not like we can't offer him success, or the fact that he is the main player for us (which is probably the reason Mane left). All this talk about this being his last big contract and he wants the best deal is bullshit. Those modern footballers are already on such high wages that they will not starve to death once their career is over. Those few extra bucks for a couple season will not make a big difference for them. I think for Salah it's purely about the recognition to be paid the same amount like De Bruyne. He  prioritised this over any other factors. I'm not a dreamer that thinks football player should play with their heart for the club (those days are over) but after you have been at the one of the biggest clubs for several years, you are paid decent money, you had success and the supporters love you and sing songs about you, that sounds like a great "working" place. It is a shame he is willing to trade all this in just for for recognition that these few extra bucks will bring.

Mane did not leave for the extra cash, or the so called "new" challenge he left because he wanted the recognition of being the main player at the club, which we could not offer, for Salah it is the recognition about the salary that he wants in world football. Losing Mane and Salah in the same window would be a massive blow for the team and no transfer fee / player would be able to compensate it. and I prefer him to leave next summer (everyone can already adapt their minds to it) and we gradually freshen up the attacking front three. However I think Salah's days are numbered and maybe that will serve everyone for the best.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4782: Jun 26, 2022 10:26:45 am
      Sky were quoting the sun. so even worth reading.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4783: Jun 26, 2022 11:47:31 am
      I am worried if Salah stays without a new contract what is the point for him he could well be on a period of notice tour once that switch goes of in your head that you dont want to be in your place of work even the most professional of kid themselves that they are still fully committed .
      In the last 4 years Mo has been in 3 CL finals challenged for the league 3 times and been to Wembley several times so if that isnt enough then it must boil down to that old nutmeg MONEY. Sign or go with our best wishes

Quick Reply